• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

Thanks for the help. i figured it had to do with the tileset settings.

Mrchewy, i tried doing that Counter(1) thing, but it didnt work.
:P

Is there something wrong with the way music plays on maps? cause when i play, its all weird and such :[

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
RMXP processes MIDIs very strangely - nothing to do with Essentials. This can often lead to instruments sounding off-key and generally bad sounding music.

Looping Oggs are the way to go ^^.

Edit: Try Counter(2), presuming this is the latest Essentials version.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Thanks for the help. i figured it had to do with the tileset settings.

Mrchewy, i tried doing that Counter(1) thing, but it didnt work.
:P

Is there something wrong with the way music plays on maps? cause when i play, its all weird and such :[

The problem is that the file audio.dll that poccil did still has some bugs like that. To solve that just rename it to anything else.

Atomic Reactor

but ill try that later, thanks Mrchewy :P

What exactly do you mean jv?
renaming the file will make it so music plays fine?

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Essentials comes with it's own, customised audio engine. The main draw to this new engine is that it can pause and resume music - something that RMXP by default cannot do. The downside is that the rest of the system is very buggy.

By renaming/deleting audio.dll, the standard engine will be used. In terms of actual sound quality, however, you won't see any difference.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Essentials comes with it's own, customised audio engine. The main draw to this new engine is that it can pause and resume music - something that RMXP by default cannot do. The downside is that the rest of the system is very buggy.

By renaming/deleting audio.dll, the standard engine will be used. In terms of actual sound quality, however, you won't see any difference.

Thanks for explaining for me ^^.

Can someone help me on how to make the bridge over water thing work? Ive tried a few times but I couldn't do it...

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
Years

I know what you mean, show me the encounter.txt, then I can maybe come up with an idea..!

PoKéMaKeR​
I know Jonny, you just reminded me of doing something similar. I'm not actually sure how to achieve what you're asking, unfortunately.

I thank you both, but i've yet to actually set encounters on a map due to this problem, if you could find a way to do it, could you tell me. The Encounters.exe is the default one.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I have a question to ask... Is it possible to have multiple save files like the way Final Fantasy series do rather than one single save file in Pokemon series?

You need to either change the script or, rename the game file (the one with the blue dragon as icon) and with this you can get as many save files as you want, although only the original (game) will be able for loading

PoKéMaKeR​

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
Years
I've seen on the notes about side stairs - stairs on a rock face going sideways, but I'm having trouble making it not sent you all the way up and down.

i also need help with bridges; i want an up/down bridge and bridges that are 3 passable tiles wide, how do i do this?

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
How I can translate the lenguage???
I have the INTL translate but now I don't know what do...

Thanks

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I have a question to ask... Is it possible to have multiple save files like the way Final Fantasy series do rather than one single save file in Pokemon series?
You'd have to edit the PokemonSave and PokemonLoad scripts, adding another window for save file selection. I can't really help with that, though...
How I can translate the lenguage???
I have the INTL translate but now I don't know what do...
Have you extracted the text using the Debug menu, translated it, and compiled it again?
If so, add the new .dat file to the Data folder, renaming it if necessary. Then, in PokemonSystem, edit the LANGUAGES array to include the new language (just uncomment one of the arrays and change the name and filename).
This will add another option to the title screen ("Language"), allowing you to change the language.
How do i set a starting point please

Event layer -> Right click -> "Set starting point".

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
script'Pokemon Chatter' line 29: Name Error occured.

uninitialized constant HiddenMoveHandlers.

Can someone Help me

Did you update all the scripts? The HiddenMoveHandlers module is initialized in PokemonField.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back