• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Race | OOC | SU

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
Years

The Race
A Pokemon version of 'Fire & Flood' that puts desperate people of all ages against one another to win the ultimate prize: a cure for a terminally ill loved one.
How far are you willing to go to save someone you love?​
IC Thread
Plot
The Race is controlled by the corrupt Team Rocket that have joined forces with bribed scientists. Team Rocket has always had a goal to perform inhuman experiments on Pokemon and, as suspected, not many people were for their campaign, until... they percured the ultimate cure after countless raids in hospitals across Kanto. This cure can rid anyone of any affliction - their bargaining chip to force scientists into submission and create Pokemon with unique abilities.

It wasn't enough.

Members of Team Rocket couldn't bond with the experimental Pokemon so they formed a new plan.

Give that cure to desperate people by throwing them into a race that spans three different biomes including a rainforest, ocean and snowy mountains. The one victor that remains gets what they want and Team Rocket acquire the Pokemon given to them, fully bonded and trusting to humans - ready to take on the world.

As Team Rocket has control of many hospitals and records, they seek out the ill person's relatives and offer them their one and only chance to do the impossible; save a life.

Experiments
Pokemon are already pretty fantastic so when these scientists were confronted with the opportunity to expand on these abilities - well, call them monsters, but it's too good to pass up; especially to save a life.

These experiments more or less branched out the attacks certain Pokemon could use. For instance, an electric type could suddenly use ice moves. A fire type would be able to shoot a beam of bubbles. One very important factor is instilled in all experiments: kill. No longer is the aim to knock out other Pokemon, but at the order of their owner, or to protect them, they will seek to kill the target.

Only forty of these experiments are created at a time for the contenders of The Race and each one of the remaining Pokemon, should they survive, are then turned over to Team Rocket.

Your Role & How It Works
Your objective for being in this Race is similar: this cure can save someone you care about, whether that's a sibling, parent, grandparent, friend, cousin, your child, a child you know - anyone! Even a family Pokemon. Someone/thing you would go to great lengths for.

This Race is really about character development and confronting various dilemmas, morals that sort of thing. For example, is one life more important than another? Possibly, if that person is a stranger and in the way of curing family. What if you get close to someone in the Race? Is their predicament any worse than yours? Any more important? You decide.

This roleplay works in three different sections with an added prologue.

Prologue
As the roleplay begins your first post will be a prologue, an introduction of sorts. In this introduction you will give us some details to learn more about your character, about who they are trying to save, or why they want to save this person. It doesn't have to be for love, it may be for selfish reasons (is your older sibling going to inherit the family business? If they die, does it go to you when you have different ambitions?)

During the prologue your character will recieve an ear piece in a package. It's white, small and there's a blinking green light, prompting you to wear it.

"Hello," a warm, soothing woman's voice greets you. "We are aware of your stressful situation involving a loved one and we are prepared to offer you a special cure that is guaranteed to work. You are invited to become a contender in The Race. If you are interested, please make your way to Celadon City's Hotel within 48 hours."

You can include more in your prologue afterwards like getting there, telling your family, visiting your sick loved one for the last time but don't go further after arriving at the hotel. Section 1 begins then.

Section 1
While we arrive at certain points in the roleplay, I will explain further on what the next step is but to sum up for now: Section 1 includes the first biome, a rainforest. This Section starts off as each Contender arrives at the Hotel - more when the roleplay begins.

Section 2
This Section begins once the remaining Contenders finish the last biome and make it to the 'checkpoint'. We now transition to the third biome, being stranded on an island - not very big - and craft something, anything that can get you to the last checkpoint across the ocean - more when we arrive at this Section.

Section 3
The final section as we are now in the snowy mountains and must deal with many obstacles to get the cure - more when we get to this Section.

Victor
The Victor will be chosen by a vote between the final people. At this stage, I will request people to send me their votes - you can't vote for yourself - and the Contender that get's the most votes, will be decided to win. Meaning, you can play this Race on your own or you can make allies.

Rules

• Standard PokeCommunity rules apply

• This roleplay is rated 'M' so stick to mature

• Romance is allowed, encouraged even as it creates more conflict (again, M rating)

• This Race is violent as Pokemon are able to kill other Pokemon either at the request of the owner or to protect their owner, also you may die

• No Godmodding, as usual unless you have permission. If there's going to be a huge battle, maybe discuss privately with the other person what's going to happen

• Be as active as possible! At least two - three posts a week. If you become inactive, you'll be killed off

• There is no limit to the amount of contenders there will be. If you want to join in later around Section 2 or 3, that's allowed! But you must join around the beginning of that Section

• You can have up to three different characters as you could enter with a sibling, partner, whatnot or have them completely seperate to have different experiences in the Race with different people
Sign-Up

Name:

Personality: (One paragraph required)

Apperance: (If you cannot provide a picture, at least one paragraph is required)

Unique Pokemon: (You are not allowed to take a Pokemon from home with you. You can choose only one to bring into the Section with you as in the biomes, there will be hidden Pokeball's around to catch more modified Pokemon in the future. Also, no legendaries)

UP Nickname: (optional)

UP Types: (If it's a Flying type, you can one more type such as Fire, Electric, ect)

UP Moveset: (4 for now, it will gain 2 more later on)

Available Spots

7 - 10 people are required to start!

1. Gray-_-Hatred - Tallon
2. TheKingOfFrisia - Levi
3. Godzil - Norman
4. shatterexfrost - Clarke
5. The Ramboing - John
6. Strikit - Rosalie

I hope you decide to join (:

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
Name: Tallon

Spoiler:

Name: Steven

Spoiler:

shatteredxfrost

Years
Name: Tallon

Spoiler:

Name: Steven

Spoiler:

Thanks for joining! (: I'll add your characters to the list!

TheKingOfFrisia

well... the King
Years
Signaling my return, here's my SU

Name: Levi (Lee-VIE)

Personality: Levi is a conceited person, and tends to keep to himself. He enjoys the company of his family's many pokemon, but only has a few friends. He highly enjoys books, and can usually be seen with one, always having a few hidden in his jacket or boot. He is highly compassionate, and cant stand seeing anyone in pain of any kind, giving him the title of "soft hearted". Over all he finds fighting unnecessary, and thinks a good book quote or a peaceful conversation can solve anything.

Apperance:
Spoiler:

Unique Pokemon: Vibrava

UP Nickname: Victer

UP Types: Dragon, Rock

UP Moveset: Dragon Breath, Rock Throw, Bulldoze, Harden

shatteredxfrost

Years
Signaling my return, here's my SU

Name: Levi (Lee-VIE)

Personality: Levi is a conceited person, and tends to keep to himself. He enjoys the company of his family's many pokemon, but only has a few friends. He highly enjoys books, and can usually be seen with one, always having a few hidden in his jacket or boot. He is highly compassionate, and cant stand seeing anyone in pain of any kind, giving him the title of "soft hearted". Over all he finds fighting unnecessary, and thinks a good book quote or a peaceful conversation can solve anything.

Apperance:
Spoiler:

Unique Pokemon: Vibrava

UP Nickname: Victer

UP Types: Dragon, Rock

UP Moveset: Dragon Breath, Rock Throw, Bulldoze, Harden

Accepted! :D I hope we can get started eventually with a few more SU's (:

Years
Huh. Somehow I completely missed this. Looks fun, let's give it a go!

Name: Norman

Personality: Norman is a laid-back kind of guy, content to just have fun and let things pass him by. By his own admission, he's not a fighter, but he is a "combat enthusiast". He is very curious, always wanting to learn more, and is fascinated by almost everything. He has no concept of personal space or privacy, and will happily rummage through things and take anything that interests him.

Apperance:
Spoiler:

Unique Pokemon: Buizel

UP Nickname: Wesley

UP Types: Water/Poison

UP Moveset: Aqua Jet, Dig, Poison Tail, Dragon Dance

shatteredxfrost

Years
Huh. Somehow I completely missed this. Looks fun, let's give it a go!

Name: Norman

Personality: Norman is a laid-back kind of guy, content to just have fun and let things pass him by. By his own admission, he's not a fighter, but he is a "combat enthusiast". He is very curious, always wanting to learn more, and is fascinated by almost everything. He has no concept of personal space or privacy, and will happily rummage through things and take anything that interests him.

Apperance:
Spoiler:

Unique Pokemon: Buizel

UP Nickname: Wesley

UP Types: Water/Poison

UP Moveset: Aqua Jet, Dig, Poison Tail, Dragon Dance

Thanks for joining! :D

Zatanna

Magician Princess
Years
Name: Petal

Personality: Petal is flirtatious, Outgoing, Passionate, Energetic, sometimes a little "touchy". She's a little boy crazy and is a total sweetheart who just wants to make friends. Sometimes shes a little too energetic and will make decisions without thinking them through. However she will get manipulative and sadistic when she gets upset.

Apperance:
e5d1a97231a40ee108d9c6977a83e921.jpg

Unique Pokemon: Gardevoir

UP Nickname: Belle

UP Types: Fairy/Psychic

UP Moveset: teleport, psychic, moonblast, future sight

shatteredxfrost

Years
Name: Petal

Personality: Petal is flirtatious, Outgoing, Passionate, Energetic, sometimes a little "touchy". She's a little boy crazy and is a total sweetheart who just wants to make friends. Sometimes shes a little too energetic and will make decisions without thinking them through. However she will get manipulative and sadistic when she gets upset.

Apperance:
e5d1a97231a40ee108d9c6977a83e921.jpg

Unique Pokemon: Gardevoir

UP Nickname: Belle

UP Types: Fairy/Psychic

UP Moveset: teleport, psychic, moonblast, future sight

Of course, you're accepted! (:

shatteredxfrost

Years

Name: Clarke

Personality: Determined, stubborn, curious, these can be her strengths and weaknesses at different moments. She tends to stir up trouble to divert attention from herself. She portrays an 'I don't care about you or anyone else' attitude but always has conflicted emotions. Clarke is brave which often gets her into some bad situations.

Apperance:
Spoiler:

Unique Pokemon: Luxray

UP Nickname: Ace

UP Types: Electric, Fighting

UP Moveset: Close Combat, Thunder Fang, Power-Up Punch, Thunder Wave

Last edited:
Years
I might as well add mine as well....

Name: John

Personality: John thrives off of others. When he is with close friends, battling others, or helping someone, he has a giant smile on his face, cracking awful jokes and just laughing. But when he is alone or with his Pokemon, he has serious demeanor, with a cold look on his face. In these cases he prefers to read or just get lost in thought than do anything else. Nonetheless he truly cares for others and tries his hardest to not cause extreme harm. That does not mean he can't fight. When absolutely necessary John will engage himself to protect others with his "competent" skill as a trainer.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Unique Pokemon: Lucario

NP Nickname: Arson

UP Types: Fighting and Fire

UP Moveset: Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Fire Punch, Will-O-Wisp

shatteredxfrost

Years
I might as well add mine as well....

Name: John

Personality: John thrives off of others. When he is with close friends, battling others, or helping someone, he has a giant smile on his face, cracking awful jokes and just laughing. But when he is alone or with his Pokemon, he has serious demeanor, with a cold look on his face. In these cases he prefers to read or just get lost in thought than do anything else. Nonetheless he truly cares for others and tries his hardest to not cause extreme harm. That does not mean he can't fight. When absolutely necessary John will engage himself to protect others with his "competent" skill as a trainer.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Unique Pokemon: Lucario

NP Nickname: Arson

UP Types: Fighting and Fire

UP Moveset: Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Fire Punch, Will-O-Wisp

Thanks for joining! I'll go ahead and start the IC thread now.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Name: Rosalie Harris

Personality: Rosalie is a wife and mother, and loves both her husband Sal and daughter Ava more than anything. She's a loving, affectionate woman and cares for both of them attentively. When she discovered she was pregnant with Ava she quit her job and chose to become a stay at home mother. As her daughter's health problems developed she was glad she did. Ava was born prematurely and spent two months in the hospital before she was released to come home. Although her immune system is unusually weak, overall she appeared relatively healthy and was a bright, active child. But shortly before her fifth birthday she fell seriously ill. The diagnosis was leukemia. Heartbroken but determined, Rosalie vowed to do anything necessary to save her. Although Sal is a lawyer and makes plenty of money they fell deeply into debt as the hospital bills stacked up. Meanwhile Ava's condition declined steadily.

Perhaps a lesser woman would have caved under the pressure and broken emotionally. Rosalie did not. She was born of the Falk family, an influential family that specializes in illegal Pokemon trafficking. For generations the Falks have been operating under the radar, and this was the environment Rosalie was born into. She grew up dining with criminals, learning the art of manipulation, and assisting in customer relations. She never handled the wild Pokemon directly, but her parents taught her to handle most types in order to give her the experience she needed to take over. As she grew her morals caught up with her and she chose not to go into a business that she learned was detrimental to the health and safety of so many innocent creatures. Her parents didn't like that, and she had to move away from them and lay low for a long time to keep from incurring their wrath. Though she didn't take on the business she learned the skills needed to be tough, ruthless when needed, and superior. There's still a part of Rosalie that's proud to be a Falk and she won't back down from a challenge. The idea that things are out of her control--particularly Ava's condition--is ridiculous to her, and she's willing to go to any lengths to save her. The resurgence of a sort of manic tenacity Sal hadn't seen in decades is admittedly alarming to him, and he wisely chooses to stand back and let her have at it. Unfortunately, that means his emotional state is neglected and a rift is forming between Sal and Rosalie that may never be breached again.

Appearance: For all her ferocity, Rosalie is not at all threatening in appearance. At only 4'11", she doesn't even stand on eye level with most people. Her body is not perfect, as she's approaching middle age and has had a child, but she takes fitness seriously and is slim and reasonably toned. Her limbs are long in proportion to her body. Her skin is fair, even abnormally so, resulting in her sunburning easily. In addition to her fair skin, her hair is straight, long, and white-blonde to the point of appearing just white. This makes her blue eyes stand out. Her facial features are delicate and slightly rounded, from her eyes to her lips. All of this makes her appear delicate and nonthreatening, and while that can be infuriating, it's an asset when dealing with others who would underestimate her. Her choice in clothing is widely varied but often sensible. On her left hand ring finger she wears a gold band with a large round diamond.

Unique Pokemon: Rapidash

UP Nickname: Fox

UP Types: Fire/Poison

UP Moveset: Inferno, Poison Jab, Bounce, Coil

shatteredxfrost

Years
Name: Rosalie Harris

Personality: Rosalie is a wife and mother, and loves both her husband Sal and daughter Ava more than anything. She's a loving, affectionate woman and cares for both of them attentively. When she discovered she was pregnant with Ava she quit her job and chose to become a stay at home mother. As her daughter's health problems developed she was glad she did. Ava was born prematurely and spent two months in the hospital before she was released to come home. Although her immune system is unusually weak, overall she appeared relatively healthy and was a bright, active child. But shortly before her fifth birthday she fell seriously ill. The diagnosis was leukemia. Heartbroken but determined, Rosalie vowed to do anything necessary to save her. Although Sal is a lawyer and makes plenty of money they fell deeply into debt as the hospital bills stacked up. Meanwhile Ava's condition declined steadily.

Perhaps a lesser woman would have caved under the pressure and broken emotionally. Rosalie did not. She was born of the Falk family, an influential family that specializes in illegal Pokemon trafficking. For generations the Falks have been operating under the radar, and this was the environment Rosalie was born into. She grew up dining with criminals, learning the art of manipulation, and assisting in customer relations. She never handled the wild Pokemon directly, but her parents taught her to handle most types in order to give her the experience she needed to take over. As she grew her morals caught up with her and she chose not to go into a business that she learned was detrimental to the health and safety of so many innocent creatures. Her parents didn't like that, and she had to move away from them and lay low for a long time to keep from incurring their wrath. Though she didn't take on the business she learned the skills needed to be tough, ruthless when needed, and superior. There's still a part of Rosalie that's proud to be a Falk and she won't back down from a challenge. The idea that things are out of her control--particularly Ava's condition--is ridiculous to her, and she's willing to go to any lengths to save her. The resurgence of a sort of manic tenacity Sal hadn't seen in decades is admittedly alarming to him, and he wisely chooses to stand back and let her have at it. Unfortunately, that means his emotional state is neglected and a rift is forming between Sal and Rosalie that may never be breached again.

Appearance: For all her ferocity, Rosalie is not at all threatening in appearance. At only 4'11", she doesn't even stand on eye level with most people. Her body is not perfect, as she's approaching middle age and has had a child, but she takes fitness seriously and is slim and reasonably toned. Her limbs are long in proportion to her body. Her skin is fair, even abnormally so, resulting in her sunburning easily. In addition to her fair skin, her hair is straight, long, and white-blonde to the point of appearing just white. This makes her blue eyes stand out. Her facial features are delicate and slightly rounded, from her eyes to her lips. All of this makes her appear delicate and nonthreatening, and while that can be infuriating, it's an asset when dealing with others who would underestimate her. Her choice in clothing is widely varied but often sensible. On her left hand ring finger she wears a gold band with a large round diamond.

Unique Pokemon: Rapidash

UP Nickname: Fox

UP Types: Fire/Poison

UP Moveset: Inferno, Poison Jab, Bounce, Coil

I love your character! You're in (: Hop on over the IC Thread to start your introduction when you feel like it!

TheKingOfFrisia

well... the King
Years
Sorry it took a while, just haven't had time to finish it. I'm gonna snoop around for some CSS but for now just posted normally. Hope to not be too late next time :D

Back