• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
dance music for me
electrofunk and disco
daft punk all the way

i planned to respond/in the meter of haiku:/concise and thoughtful. more than one stanza/may be needed to express/ideas more fully. stanzas may become/superfluous, tedious/as they are right now

Seriously though, it was a self-challenge on my part to answer with haiku, just to test how concise my language can be, but I try to make them interesting. These posts are more thoughtful than they might first appear.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Not even going to bother replying in a haiku haha.

My taste in music has been leaning toward mostly metal. Kind of odd, considering I used to specifically dislike metal. ?_? I still have yet to learn how to understand what they're saying, though.

Off topic, but yay my cat finally stopped vomiting and actually is using his litterbox (rather than the floor). :D I was getting tired of cleaning up after him.

Years
someone's asking for a beating from livewire

right

I don't know about imagination, but it allows for voluntary exchange. Good enough for me.

Anyway, just got back from seeing Man Of Steel. Really wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be. The plot made little sense and was all over the place. The fights were great, though.

>:|

I didnt watch it but you make it sound like Livewire is just a fanboy that refuses to see anything bad in anything batman related like xbox fans do with the XboxOne.

BECAUSE THERE IS NO BAD KURA

My first language is Irish, laced with a little English but virtually none of it and definitely not enough to live in England on. I was actually born in Ireland in an area which, while it no longer had official status as one of the areas which spoke primarily Irish, the Gaeltachtaí, still had a good number of people speaking one of the two languages from an early age and learning the other as a second language later. Our family spoke primarily Irish, especially since originally my mum was from another area which spoke basically exclusively Irish, and as I moved to England at a fairly young age I ended up over here speaking... more or less not a single word of the language! Which was all very fun; you can imagine how my first day of school and whatnot went down when no-one spoke a word of my language and I didn't speak a word of theirs. d:

This is actually pretty interesting, I had no idea you spoke Irish as a primary language. :0

also I can't poetry so

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
it's interesting to see that my criticisms were ignored out of a sense to not talk about any serious issues lmao

hmm
i'll turn it into a topic that people will feel ~joyed~ to reply to

how do you people feel about the dcc??? what makes you post here??? what do you think is your favourite part about the dcc??? what could be improved???

Sir Codin

Hey, Livewire, if it's any consolation, I'm hoping Superman movie 2 will be The Dark Knight of the series.

Lex Luthor. Calling it now. If he ain't in it, I'll be sad.

droomph

weeb
Years
it's interesting to see that my criticisms were ignored out of a sense to not talk about any serious issues lmao

hmm
i'll turn it into a topic that people will feel ~joyed~ to reply to

how do you people feel about the dcc??? what makes you post here??? what do you think is your favourite part about the dcc??? what could be improved???

The main problem is that it's getting kinda old so we've backed ourselves into a corner we can't get out of.

Maybe if we restart we can try doing the whole "conversation" thing.

Also I tried many times but nobody ever said "great job!" or "you need to actually reply" so that's kinda hard to tell if I'm doing anything right.

and also, chill out with the accusations. I'm sure we're all trying.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Oops guess I'm not going to shut up like I said.

I'm saying this in a non-sarcastic way- why is it such a big deal? So long as the posts aren't spammy and the conversations are possible to follow, that is.

droomph

weeb
Years
Oops guess I'm not going to shut up like I said.

I'm saying this in a non-sarcastic way- why is it such a big deal? So long as the posts aren't spammy and the conversations are possible to follow, that is.
I know. But the thing is with the "facebook update" posts, where people are like "well i cant understand this so ill go eat cheese now" and it's like yeah great what did that contribute

Years
like a veil over
your eyes but not so really:
just close and open

Spoiler:

whether rain or snow
the sun will shine tomorrow
don't worry ... just know

droomph

weeb
Years
If you're going to speak in poem
I guess I'd better rhyme
and make myself at home
but sometimes…
I don't have the time (or brains)

(I'd better stop rhyming yeahhhh)

so does anyone have any suggestions for music? I'll try anything, but I prefer Electronic.
We all know that every now and then DCC can turn into a multi-way VM relay
furthermore if you're talking about one liners you should also remember you did them also

Years
oh no of course not. I think one liners are cool. By multi-way VM relay I meant the second half of that paragraph and how it can make people feel uneasy about jumping in the flow.

What kind of electronic? Everything is electronic these days, and there's a million genres all with different bass lines, timbres, rhythms, and so on.

Years
Well, I love music I can dance to, and Televisor has caught my attention lately, with ultrafunky numbers like Alliance, Starlight, and Strut for example. Needless to say I was dancing to Get Lucky for 3 weeks straight. I really like Avicii too, especially My Feelings For You.

But I'm going to a classical concert on Friday! Anybody listens to classical here? I really like Romantic --> Avant garde.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I listen to some classical but not enough to remember names right now.

ALSO.. YOUTUBE....... AUTOPLAY??? ;_; No.. lag from computer... ;o; WAH!

What artist are you gonna see?

Anyone else ever go to a concert?
I've ALWAYS wanted to see Dir en grey, but either I wasn't where they were performing, or tickets sold out too quickly.. and now, because the lead singer has a problem with his larynx, I think they've stopped doing tours :c
Sad times!

Going to see Alter Bridge and Shinedown in October though :3

Years
I don't know, I got invited to this free concert by the TSO at Pecaut square or something, just outside of Roy Thomson Hall. They'll be playing a lot of Wagner and Verdi cuz it's their birthdays, including Ride of the Valkyries.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I haven't been to any awesome concerts lately. The last one I went to was a Muse concert back in February, I think. I love live music, so it's unfortunate that I haven't got out much this year so far.

And heck yeah, I love classical music! My favs are usually Baroque-era hits, though.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm going to take a minute to go back to what Chris and RL were talking about earlier, and I'm slightly disappointed at everyone in regards to how their posts were received, Razor Leaf's especially. I'm hoping you guys take the time to read this, cause it's extremely important.

This thread is called "The Daily Chit Chat". That means that this thread should contain excessive amounts of conversation. The past few DCCs haven't had a problem with that, but I've noticed a change in that, and both RL and Chris mentioned it earlier. The posts in this thread have gone from conversation to very... let's call it random posting. Instead of replying to posts with an honest, serious answer, I've seen replies basically go along the lines of "Yeah, whatever". Perhaps not as blunt, but it definitely isn't what a proper reply should be.

I've noticed a lot that whenever this thread dies, someone comes around and randomly blurts a question. While there isn't anything wrong with that, since it follows the rules, it isn't how you make a conversation. The real life equivalent of that would be small talk, and while for a while that might be fine, small talk in the end just turns awkward and broken, much like a couple of the more recent DCC posts.

To post in this thread and turn it into a success, you need to act normal, and just talk about relevant material. Be it either current events, or personal events. For example, if this thread was dead, you could start it off by talking about something of value that happened today. Then someone would comment on it, perhaps ask a question, and eventually more and more people would come in and balloon the discussion to something more general. Current events are a lot easier, since many people are opinionated when it comes to that, and that easily creates discussion.

Furthermore, everyone's posts are relevant. Assuming they've been following the rules, it's somehow related to the current topic. Just an example, SNOR(es)LAX's post in the page before:
i still get ignored
everytime i post in the
DCC indeed
The current "discussion" (which I'll get to in a second) was haikus. But he managed to include his own thing. BUT. Because of the nature of the more recent posts here, posts are turning into a more "stop and post" sort of routine. Meaning, instead of actually following conversation, there's simply a "theme" instead. And because of that, there's no actual communication among posters. And that is something that we need to change.

Guys, listen. I know this is a laid back thread. But this thread could be so much better, if only we made it so that this was a giant "family" talk, instead of isolated spurs of conversation, that come out of the blue. I hope I'm making some sense here, because this is something that I feel must change if we want the DCC to become as brilliant as it was before. I can't force you guys to talk better, only you can do that. I hope you heed this advice and turn the next DCC into an amazing conversation.

If you do have any questions, post here. In fact, I want you to! I know I sorta cheated and cut the previous topic short, but I feel for the sake of the DCC it is permissible.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
OI! HEY BLOODEX, WHAT THE HECK! Stop spamming!! You didn't even contribute to our conversation about concerts! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU???

;3~
Nah I kid, but really, that was passionately spoken. Thanks for taking the time to write it, I read it all, certainly.

:C NOW GOING BACK TO PRECIOUS CONVOS THAT WE CAN JOIN IN...>:C IN REGARDS TO CUTTING OUR TOPIC SHORT.... >:3 Have you heard of.. BATSU GAME?

Batsu game is basically "punishment game." There's actually a few TV shows based on it. I think the funniest one I saw was this guy who had to go through his whole daily routine indoors while he gets pies thrown at him.. but he has to pretend that they don't exist. Some hilarious stuff, especially when he's in the bathroom or trying to watch tv or make himself a cup of tea.

>:3 So guys.. what would Dipu's batsu game be? Hurrhurrhurrrr~~

Ye ol' DCC *********** from 2005-6ish should make a comeback.. :c ALL MY FRIENDS FROM THAT AGE ARE GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back