• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That's terrible, he didn't even have any Poke Balls yet? :(((

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
I remember the first time I played Gold, I spent every pokeball I had to catch the Red Gyarados before knowing it was always shiny ...

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I suppose if I get into the art of trading, I might breed me some shinies. But for now, I'm not going to collect shinies; except for the ones in the wild. :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I've bred quite a few Pokemon, mostly just multiples of my six main Pokemon (to compare stats and such), but also for some trade requests back in the days when I still could get on wi-fi...

Haven't done any in over a year, though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Right before I lost interest in White I was breeding for a Mienfoo with good IVs for competitive. Unfortunately I only managed to breed 3 good stats onto each parent and was having trouble combining them...so I gave up lol.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I once found shinies. One of the most awkward moments was when I was EV training I believe was a Mareep back in Pearl and found a shiny Bidoof. I had to look twice to make sure it was shiny, since I saw sparkles, and they're hard to tell apart. I didn't know whether to run away or catch it, so I caught it. I don't know what happened to it after that though. :P

Wobbuffet

Patient pokemon
Years
i have found a shiny onix in red and a shiny weezing in hg. i dont believe i have found any more

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Nowadays I think shinnies are overrated.
I mean they only have a different color.

Wobbuffet

Patient pokemon
Years
I just want a shiny furret....i just think they're cute ^^ I only really want shinies that look nice

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I want shiny Mareep pretty bad. So cute ;o;

But yeah if I was still into Pokemon as a game I would have no interest, but right now that's the only thing keeping me turning on my White version, breeding for shinies. :x

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Lol
I think it's kinda strange how shinnies influence and control some gamers

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Just as much as any other part of the game controls a gamer :o There's nothing wrong with working hard towards a shiny, it's an accomplishment that you can show to other people and tell them about the odds and how hard you worked for it. I don't see shiny-searching as any different from IV breeding or EV training or Pokedex Completion, lol.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
I don't really like the other ones you listed either
I just think that shiny-hunting is by far the most chosen one.
It's kinda unsettling

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Probably because it's less thought than the others, more just tedium.

I like it because I don't like to just focus on one thing at once, so I can breed Lapras while I'm on my computer and doing other things, lol. What's so unsettling about it?

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
If you think from a biological point of view in the game,you're gerating a massive disturbance on the food chain and the balance of nature ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back