• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Miksy said that is near 10-20% (I forgot the exact number ;)) chance flying this pokemon (when it's on the right up part) to the next room upstairs.

Years
i haven't seen anything related to how many pokemon are obtainable in this game. It looks cool and i'd like to try it. any 4th or 5th generation pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
But the man in the Trading House wants a Super Onix , I brought him the Super Onix but he says that its not the one ><
And that won't change - it is not intended as a trade (as Miksy said himself)

Celebi (maybe currently, I want it too)
I have a feeling we'll meet it in one of the woods, perhaps as a plot point?

and what is it? ho-oh or what ? :D
Catch it and you'll see ;P

It looks cool and i'd like to try it. any 4th or 5th generation pokemon?
I think that apart from a single exception, we get Gen I and II Pokemon only. Perhaps it is a good thing - personally, I'm not a fan of most Gen IV/V pokemon ;)

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
i haven't seen anything related to how many pokemon are obtainable in this game. It looks cool and i'd like to try it. any 4th or 5th generation pokemon?
Only 1st and 2nd gen. I didn't find any data of the next gens ;).

I think I'm the good spirit of this thread {XD}.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
2. What is the purpose of the Sacred Woods and the Mystery Woods? Can you do something with them in the current beta?
They're introduced in the game already since I think it makes more sense to have them accessable than blocking them for no reason. But you can't do anything in either one of them yet - they'll only have a a purpose in following releases of the hack.

3. Is Mew/Celebi obtainable? If yes, how?
Mew certainly is, Celebi is not. Celebi should be obtainable in later releases along with some other legendaries unobtainable at this point.

I think thats all... I must say this hack was incredibly fun~!
Thanks!

I started to remake my Gold's pokemon palette patch (I didn't relase it, it's just for my own use) for Dark Future. Some original palette make me sick {XD}. Here is some sample if someone is interested ;) [left - original, right -edited].
Hey, those re-colored sprites look pretty good. I like the palette edits which you've done to Charizard, but others too (although like in this case, Suicune and Raikou won't make an appearance in the current release).

Anyway, what are you doing exactly? Inserting new sprites into the rom with AgiXp? Or hex editing the palettes manually which would make it less likely to do stuff wrong?
Well, I guess it wouldn't matter much (, or at all), but I think I could make use of several re-colored sprites you've made. Of course, there is still the "unnecessary edit" aspect in modifying data that doesn't necessarily have to be modified and what people can critisize of. But as long as the re-colored sprites look good, and if I also think they're better than the original ones, I could input them in the game (been judging everything else in the hack on my own too...).

But yeah, it'd be easy to do that since all I had to do would be copy pasting a data set containing info about the palettes used for each pokemon.

Most pokemon will eventually be obtainable in the final release, not every pokemon is available though. And they're all from Gen I and II - there is really no point inserting pokemon from further gens since at the moment, we have already generations III, IV and V. Gen VI is just coming (, insn't it?), and who knows how many more gens are yet to come.

If I input several pokemon from further gens to the hack, ten years from now on kids would be requesting pokemon from gen X anyway.

But yeah, go and try out the hack. It's probably better than you might guess (which is true.).

I think I'm the good spirit of this thread {XD}.
So... like some other good spirit we know about? ;)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
1. How do i make space in my party for that women in the forgotten cave
2. I can find zapdos because i don't believe i followed it when i first got to area 110 so no matter how many times i talk to the girl who claims she saw one, zapdos is no where to be found, hence i cant lure him into the abandon research center and finish the bird sidequest
3. How in the hell am i suppose to beat a level 99 magikarp

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
how can i find zapdos ? waaah need help .. hehe 2 more sidequests left

and where is that so called Magikarp trainer ??

1. How do i make space in my party for that women in the forgotten cave

go to the forgotten cave with 5 pokemon or less

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2023
just want ask is it okay if i beat issac in first Try ?
and pls tell me the location of the side quest , just the location don't need to go to detail

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
how can i find zapdos ? waaah need help .. hehe 2 more sidequests left

and where is that so called Magikarp trainer ??

Magikarp man is in area 111 next to argent warehouse

And i just finished 5 sidequest, who is the certain someone i talk to in order to unlock the certain something

Last edited:

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Or hex editing the palettes manually which would make it less likely to do stuff wrong?
In fact, I use tool called PGP Changer - I'm not sure my skill in hex editing ;).
And, I don't touch Super Onix's palette now. I'm not sure if you want..

But yeah, it'd be easy to do that since all I had to do would be copy pasting a data set containing info about the palettes used for each pokemon.
When I'm done I'll send you ips file.

So... like some other good spirit we know about? ;)

Spoiler:
I think I'm something similar ;)

Last edited:
Years
Hello @miksy91. I'm your Filipino fan. I'm a newbie member here in this forum. I played your Dark energy hack and this is the BEST Hack Games I've ever played. I played it on my Sony Ericsson K660i. I have many question here:

1. How can I catch Zapdos in Argent Warehouse? It almost back and back in its 3 places there.
2. Where can I find Mew, Lugia, Raikou, Entei, Suicune?
3. I finished 4 sidequest and my last on it is battled the Sages Again. What is the next?
4. In the cavern basement in the house on Yellowleaf Town, what can I do of what the voice there said?
5. Can I battled the Granaldo gym leader? because Raven was lost by the Captain of Team Darkness.
6. When I saw some post here about a person that we will talk and what about its unlock?
7. How many Elemental Orbs here?
And Lastly;

WHEN YOU WILL RELEASE THE FINAL VERSION OF DARK ENERGY?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
@Zapdos
Spoiler:

How in the hell am i suppose to beat a level 99 magikarp
Use strategy. So in other words, equip it with Leftovers or Pink Bow and start using Flail over and over again. When you get low on HP (under 70 or so that the enemy can kill you with Bite), use a Moomoo Milk/Hyper Potion.

And i just finished 5 sidequest, who is the certain someone i talk to in order to unlock the certain something
Check the Battle Simulator room.

In fact, I use tool called PGP Changer - I'm not sure my skill in hex editing ;).
And, I don't touch Super Onix's palette now. I'm not sure if you want..
Okay, gotcha. You can change any palettes you like but I may only end up using some changes and not all.

When I'm done I'll send you ips file.
A straight rom file would be better since that way, it's more likely nothing goes wrong when I start transfering the changes over to the rom file I'm working with.

And yeah, I'm used to people thinking the way they feel it'd be convenient, but I usually choose some opposite way to go for solving the problem (since that works better once you've gotten the hang of the aspect of what you're doing exactly) :D

But yeah... it's true. Applying the changes of a ips-file you'd make might cause bad things to happen, so I'll rather input everything manually on my own.

Hello @miksy91. I'm your Filipino fan. I'm a newbie member here in this forum. I played your Dark energy hack and this is the BEST Hack Games I've ever played.
Thank you :)

1. How can I catch Zapdos in Argent Warehouse? It almost back and back in its 3 places there.
2. Where can I find Mew, Lugia, Raikou, Entei, Suicune?
3. I finished 4 sidequest and my last on it is battled the Sages Again. What is the next?
4. In the cavern basement in the house on Yellowleaf Town, what can I do of what the voice there said?
5. Can I battled the Granaldo gym leader? because Raven was lost by the Captain of Team Darkness.
6. When I saw some post here about a person that we will talk and what about its unlock?
7. How many Elemental Orbs here?
And Lastly;

WHEN YOU WILL RELEASE THE FINAL VERSION OF DARK ENERGY?
1. There is a 10-20% chance for it flying upstairs when it's located in the upper-right corner next to the stairway.
2. Mew can be obtained later in the game once you've first acquired at least 5 pages. Look for more info here in the latest few pages if you need. The other four pokemon you mentioned are not obtainable - Lugia will probably never be.
3. Really depends on what you've done so far. There are three more to be completed (and you can do them in an order of your desire).
4. Reset the in-game clock (or get there until play time reaches 10:00:00) ;)
5. Raven is the last in-game gym leader and he will battle you most likely in beta 5 (if you want). But not yet in beta 4.
6. Answer located in this message. (At least, almost...)
7. There are 3 orbs available in this release (Team Darkness has gotten 1 so "four" to be exact but you can find three).

What comes to final release... dunno. I've planned there to be beta 5 before the final version and I don't know if that one gets ever released either. Rom hacking is a hobby and I like it but there are also lots of other things I like doing. Only time will tell what happens.

If this hack is completed, I'd say that it's probably going to be out in 5 years, maybe even in 2 or 3. But yeah - there's always a possibility I find some other things more important than this and leave hacking life behind. It all started out by it being fun to learn how to code. But now that I know, there's not much keeping me into this expect for it being fun to make a game the way I want it to be.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Okay. Not totally sure what to do next. Here's everything I think I've accomplished:

Spoiler:

And now, here's some questions:

Spoiler:

Loving the game Miks, it's pretty fun! Can't wait to finish what all this beta has to offer. On the next beta, will we have to restart the entire game again? I'd hate to give up my team :(

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Okay, gotcha. You can change any palettes you like but I may only end up using some changes and not all.
Some changes are only cosmetic (e.g I've made some colors lighter or darker and pokemons look better imho).

A straight rom file would be better since that way, it's more likely nothing goes wrong when I start transfering the changes over to the rom file I'm working with.
Okay.

Am I able to save Prof. Oak in this beta?
No.
Where are the other two Elemental Orbs (I found the one in Deep Cavern)?
Spoiler:

Where is the Key to the door that leads to the Forgotten Cavern?
Spoiler:

What other Legendaries am I able to catch?
Spoiler:

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
@miksy 91, Where can I find Mew? I finished all of the pages in the Magical Book. :)
I'm not Miksy but hint for you:
Spoiler:

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Hey Miksy, good job! At first, I don't interested in GBC hacks.
But I tried this, wow, the GBC hacks are a lot betters than I thought! :3
I enjoyed this hack so much! :3

Best of luck on this hack. :3

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Out of curiosity - did you replace Lugia's sprite (and data) using Super Onix? PGP shows me Super Onix pictures instead of Lugia.

I'm near finish this palette changes. I'm not satisfied with some modifications but I can't make it better :).

And it's possible to make more palette for overworld npcs sprites? If I remember correctly, the game has green, red, blue, brown. Imho could be white, violet, yellow, maybe some other to increase diversity ;).

Back