• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Vivillon Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ

Focus!
Years
being in the air force, i'd love to get one of those sand storm ones. takes me back to our old DCU deployment uniforms. haha

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Im living in Spain, so i got the Marine Version, which looks really nice (:
Id love to get the Ocean one though, does someone know what region that is?

Spoiler:

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
Im living in Spain, so i got the Marine Version, which looks really nice (:
Id love to get the Ocean one though, does someone know what region that is?

Spoiler:

I would love the Marine one. My region gets the Meadow form.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Vivillon do have a lot of forms, don't they? Other than Unown, the closest Pokémon that have as much forms as them would have to be Arceus. There's currently eighteen Pokémon types, and Arceus' got one form for each (well, maybe except fairy, as I haven't seen a fairy-type Arceus yet). Rotom would have to be one of the closest, too. It has a total of six forms. One of them is its normal form, and the other five resembles a fan, a heater, a freezer, a lawnmower, and a washing machine. Deerling and Sawsbuck are pretty close as well. Both of them have four different forms—one for each season (spring, summer, winter, and autumn). Personally, I really like their winter forms. Their spring forms are good, too. Burmy and Wormadam also have a lot of forms, and so does Castform.

Anyway, my favorite Vivillon form would have to be sun, as I find its color scheme to be very beautiful. The meadow form is my second favorite, and my third favorite is a tie between tundra and river. (:

Last edited:

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
Vivillon do have a lot of forms, don't they? Other than Unown, the closest Pokémon that have as much forms as them would have to be Arceus. There's currently eighteen Pokémon types, and Arceus' got one form for each (well, maybe except fairy, as I haven't seen a fairy-type Arceus yet). Rotom would have to be one of the closest, too. It has a total of six forms. One of them is its normal form, and the other five resembles a fan, a heater, a freezer, a lawnmower, and a washing machine. Deerling and Sawsbuck are pretty close as well. Both of them have four different forms—one for each season (spring, summer, winter, and autumn). Personally, I really like their winter forms. Their spring forms are good, too. Burmy and Wormadam also have a lot of forms, and so does Castform.

Anyway, my favorite Vivillon form would have to be sun, as I find its color scheme to be very beautiful. The meadow form is my second favorite, and my third favorite is a tie between tundra and river. (:

I haven't seen an actual fairy-type Arceus but I am quite sure I've seen the fairy plate item! : )

Years
Smogon has released a map showing which parts of the world get which specific Vivillon form:
Spoiler:

(beware large image)

According to the map, it seems all parts of Australia except the Northern Territory get the River Pattern, while the NT Australians get Sun Pattern instead. Very interesting but at least the map is a good reference to knowing which pattern you'll get on your game. Since I'm in one of the parts of Australia that's colored blue, I'm getting River Pattern.

If my wi-fi connections work well on my 3DS XL once I get my X and Y games (aka not have the "fail to connect" message like what happened with my DS Lite) I'd be happy to trade a River Pattern Vivillon to anyone!

Years
I haven't bothered trying to get a Vivillon yet, but it looks like I'd be getting the High Plains one if I did, which I'm not really a big fan of. And just my luck- the rest of Canada gets three of my favorites (Polar, Icy Snow and Modern).

I loved trying to collect all the Unown in the past though, so I might make it my mission at some point to get all the different forms of Vivillon.

Sirfetch’d

I really love this interesting concept here and now I am going to start collecting the different forms of Vivillon. Currently in my game I have the Modern form which I find very visually appealing, but I would really like to soon get my hands on the Tundra form. Overall though they are all very breathtaking and I adore each of them!

Mage

Wizard Eyes
Years
  • Age 37
  • VA
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
I would love the Icy Snow one or the Marine one, all I have is Modern :/

KJ

Focus!
Years
I have caught 6 scatterbugs in my game and evolved 3 of them already to Polar Vivillon's. I am looking to trade either the 3 remaining scatterbugs or the 3 Polars for different forms of Vivillon's. Anyone in need of a Polar let me know.

Edit: bout 20 min ago I got a japanese scatterbug on wonder trade, it just evolved into an Elegant Vivillon!

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think my game has Polar variations. Anyone interested?

Also, has anyone tried breeding two different Vivillion? Is the result always going to be the female, or can the male type result?

Years
Hmm, I'm in Stockholm, Sweden, and got a Continental just like Smogon's map says; but the Scatterbug I got from my friend in Halland (that's on the Swedish west coast), which according to the map should have been Icy Snow, turned Continental too?

I also got a Tundra from Wonder Trade. :) I want Sun and Ocean, they're pretty.

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
I have a Polar Vivillion, just evolved, if anyone wants to swap send me a pm :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Finally got my Archipelago pattern Vivillon, much darker that I expected but still awesome we get our own pattern :).

KJ

Focus!
Years
just got a scatterbug from France. bout to level it up and see what it comes out to be. I most of the country of france is white on the map. and i cant make out which color that is in the spots within the country.

Edit: my scatterbug from france evolved into a Meadow Vivillon. That makes four different ones for me. I'm lvling up my Japanese elegant one for my team now. Just learned psybeam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back