• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames [Upd. Sept. 30]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
How about Psychic/Dark? But it looks like a fish so I see why you want it to be water. Just that Yin and Yang are opposite of each other so just an idea i guess.

Could definitely work, but I also need more water types for the dex :P I'll keep your idea in mind.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
It's simple: Make one of them Water/Dark and the other one Water/Psychic
Voilà

It's a duo, so both are one Pokemon. Maybe a pre-evo can be pure water. I admit it's a bit confusing :)
Wanted to try out a 2 in 1 concept haha.

*Luxio//Hacks*

Creator of Sky Twilight + Sky Daylight?
Years
Hey buddy, I new here so I going to say this... I really love this hack. I like a new generation. Also the graphic is very detail especially the features. :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
(Very late) Happy New Year! :]

hi_by_pokemonswhf-d8d46r2.png

Teaser for a new city. Also, I finished the forest map, and made a new backsprite for a legendary (bottom left):

Spoiler:

Scripters are still needed!

Unbalanced

Divine
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Yeah some scripter pls help this guy this hack needs to be completed <3

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
^And with that, let me welcome Ganelon as our new writer. He'll be helping with the story, characters and more. It really helps that he is a professional writer as well.
We'll be trying to make an interesting/entertaining storyline with some plot twists here and there ;)

Updated the team list.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
So all you need now is a scripter right? Are there any scripts in the hack at the moment? Like simple sign scripts, items, trainers or whatnot? :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
So all you need now is a scripter right? Are there any scripts in the hack at the moment? Like simple sign scripts, items, trainers or whatnot? :)

Yes. A good scripter would basically complete the team, of course people who are experienced with additional stuff like ASM are always welcome.
A very small amount at the moment, like the protagonist wakes up and talks to his mother. Nothing worth mentioning yet, unfortunately. :[
Right now the focus is on creating the region & story, so naturally scripts will be planned alongside that.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
The maps and tiles look very nice as always, but I hope the ingame world map isn't going to look the same as the interactive one. the RSE styled map really doesn't suit the new feel of the game with completely overhauled graphics. Good luck, I'm really looking forward to seeing this hack more in the future. :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
The maps and tiles look very nice as always, but I hope the ingame world map isn't going to look the same as the interactive one. the RSE styled map really doesn't suit the new feel of the game with completely overhauled graphics. Good luck, I'm really looking forward to seeing this hack more in the future. :)

It won't look like that in-game, this is just for planning everything before we insert a world map.
And thanks dude :]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The interactive region map is WIP, so for now there are only a couple maps to check out. There will be changes every now and then, as we're working on the map. :)
Also, here's a new town map:

Teora Town
Spoiler:

A town located in the mountains, near Lumina Forest.

Seems like a very small town stretched over a large area? You've some odd cliffs down to the bottom-right, the pit around that area isn't leveled properly. Sometimes you've got them backing on to one another as well (behind-left of the bottom house) which looks a bit weird imo.

I like your tall cliffs though, they're nice tiles and are well placed - those steep cliff-face feels very natural.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Seems like a very small town stretched over a large area? You've some odd cliffs down to the bottom-right, the pit around that area isn't leveled properly.

It's somewhat open, yeah. Kind of intended as a contrast to the forest. I know that the brown-ish mountains are technically wrong there, but it's supposed to show different layers in that crater. Of course, if that bothers more people I'll change it.

Sometimes you've got them backing on to one another as well (behind-left of the bottom house) which looks a bit weird imo.

I like your tall cliffs though, they're nice tiles and are well placed - those steep cliff-face feels very natural.

Overlapping them or leaving free space in between didn't really look better either when I was playing around with it, imo. Still, appreciate the feedback c:

JustDutch101

JustDutch101
Years
I'm more hyped to play this than a potential 'pokemon Z'. I really like those tiles. Why I always get bored with hacks like Light Platinum and Glazed (I know I am going to get hated for saying this :p) is that it still looks like so much like an actual gba game , of which I nowadays really get bothered by the tiles. Your game has a nice DS look in tiles which is really impressive. Normally I don't like fakemon but these designs aren't that bad and I like how they are optional. Can't wait for the release of this game , of which I think it will be the next big thing in pokemon hacking if the end result will be as amazing as it looks :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back