• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Babelfished:
Normally - fight - flight - poison - soil - stone - beetle - spirit - steel - unknown - fire - water - grass - electrical - Psycho - ice - Drache - Unlicht -

I think you can figure them out from that...

You didn't need to do that. There is a thread in the tools section with tranlsated .ini files for Poekmon Amplifier. (I posted it myself)

Is there a english verson of pokemon amplifier?Also when I adde new pokemon in and I rtied to evole them the screen turned green.How can I fix it?

Try the thread I mentioned in regard to the quote above. It's in the tools section, and it has the tranlsated .ini files for amplifier.

does any one know where I can get some custom tilesets for pokemon ruby

and a tool to insert them.

If you can, please tell me

thanks

Get Advancemap. Open a map with a tileset you want to replace/edit, and open the block editor, and choose the "save Tileset 1" or "Save Tileset 2" in the "Picture" menu. Then, use something like paint to edit the tileset, and load it back in. Choose the pallet you want to edit it in before saving it , though, otherwise you will make an image with really messed up colors.

Poke amplier won't let me change the evo of pokemonI click the pokemon I want that pokemon to evo I save and then I go back to check it and the evos are still the same why?Also ow do I edit and put new sprites overwold with all the sides and sufing and fishing ect.?Also how come when I change the name with poketronic the names come out funky and scripts mess up and stuff look at them!

I made a nifty little tutorial on editing the evolutions of Pokemon and posted it in the tutorials section. Sorry if it doesn't mention where to find them, I didn't find them in most of the games. (I didn't even look, actually)

The overworld sprites can be edited with several tools, such as the overworld editor.

I don't use Poketronic, so I wouldn't really know about that. Sorry.

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
Alright, I have some questions....

1. How can you have both the original and shiny Pokemon colors of a Pokemon you upload look right and not one of the colors messed up? I want to put in Pachirisu, and when I put in the original color (making it indexed), it looks good, but after I import its shiny color (also indexed), the original colors mess up, then when I re-import the original color, the shiny color will mess up. Is there a way to fix that, to have both shiny and original Pokemon colors not messed up? I'm using Pokepic by the way.

2. And about Pokemon Amplifier, when I try to edit moves of a Pokemon that are the blank ones after Celebi (252-276), it won't work. It will either have no moves (forcing the Pokemon to use Struggle), or it will only have Tackle.

3. How do you change the small Pokemon icons? I'd like to put some of the D/P icons in it. If it's with IconEditor, how do you import new icons into it? If you save or load, it a file called a .iee.

Those are my questions.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Thats all you need the game constucts the non siny back and shiny front.It even does it in poke pic.Just make sure you use the same colors for the back and front sprite.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I have a question. When I try to import an image into unLZ-GBA, it says "Error: Image is not indexed". How do I index the image I want to import? This is for FireRed, by the way.

EDIT: I have another. I got other images to work (I still want to know the answer to my first question though), but it can't write it to the ROM because the compressed size is too big, any idea on how to make the compressed size smaller?

Last edited:

Twilight Itachi X

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
Thats all you need the game constucts the non siny back and shiny front.It even does it in poke pic.Just make sure you use the same colors for the back and front sprite.

Oh, good then. What about my other questions:

2. And about Pokemon Amplifier, when I try to edit moves of a Pokemon that are the blank ones after Celebi (252-276), it won't work. It will either have no moves (forcing the Pokemon to use Struggle), or it will only have Tackle.

3. How do you change the small Pokemon icons? I'd like to put some of the D/P icons in my hack. If it's with IconEditor, how do you import new icons into it? If you save or load, it a file called a .iee.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Um.... This happens if you start a new file in my game Can someone help me:
PokemonSPHoennStories.png

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
You put to much in your hack therefor messing up intro tiles and scripts.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I have a question. When I try to import an image into unLZ-GBA, it says "Error: Image is not indexed". How do I index the image I want to import? This is for FireRed, by the way.

EDIT: I have another. I got other images to work (I still want to know the answer to my first question though), but it can't write it to the ROM because the compressed size is too big, any idea on how to make the compressed size smaller?

1. Use IrfanView to index a sprite. There's many programs for that, but that's simple and not big.

2. You have to replace another sprite because your sprite is too big or repoint the size.

Oh, good then. What about my other questions:

IconED can't import icons. You can use TLP to import the icons on the pokemon without using IconED.

Um.... This happens if you start a new file in my game Can someone help me:
PokemonSPHoennStories.png

Your ROM is corrupted or it's just changed palettes.

Twilight Itachi X

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
TLP, huh? That looks tricky... well, I want to replace the first question mark that's after Celebi with Pachirisu, what's the offset of the first icon of the question mark Pokemon, you know, those #252-276 unused ones that are after Celebi? I did see the Unown icons,and a piece of Seviper in TLP,but I'd like to know how I'd import the D/P icon of Pachirisu into one of those spaces, the first question mark space. The rom is a Sapphire rom. And I also need to know about the Pokemon Amplifier problem I'm having, that I asked about earlier as well:
about Pokemon Amplifier, when I try to edit moves of a Pokemon that are the unused ones after Celebi (252-276), it won't work. It will either have no moves (forcing the Pokemon to use Struggle), or it will only have Tackle.
Also, following the Struggle problem, checking the Pokemon's moves results to this:
0898-Pokemon-SapphireVersionU_02.png

I said before, this happens when I try editing the move of a newly inserted Pokemon that are the 252-276 numbers after Celebi. It either will only know Tackle (without that glitchy screen), or no moves at all, resulting into the problem shown at the screen I posted.

Last edited:

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
Does anyone know the offset for the water animation in tilemolester (if thats how u edit the water animation :S) im sorry if its been asked befor but i searched nd found nothing.
Thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Does anyone know the offset for the water animation in tilemolester (if thats how u edit the water animation :S) im sorry if its been asked befor but i searched nd found nothing.
Thanks in advance

Which game are you hacking?

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I've got another question. How come when I insert a cry using PokeCryGUI, I click Dump, and it turns out fine, but when I play the game, it is quieter. Why does that happen?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Christos said:
1. Use IrfanView to index a sprite. There's many programs for that, but that's simple and not big.

2. You have to replace another sprite because your sprite is too big or repoint the size.

Thanks so much Christos, but I have a 2 comments; 1. On IrfanView, is there a specific button that is named "Index Image" or something, or is it more complicated than that? 2, so I have to edit a different sprite? Well I want to edit he Prof. Oak Sprite, how can I edit a different sprite and make sure that it is that one that comes up in the intro place (where Prof. Oak gets you to name yourself, your rival, and talks to you about Pokemon)?

Also, I tried replacing a Prof. Oak Sprite with a Sprite already in-game (Blaine's to be precise) and it still wouldn't let me insert it due to compressed bigness! What's up with that?

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Is there a resource or something that has the offsets of Pokemon in Ruby? Like, say, if I wanted to edit the TMs/HMs a Pokemon can learn with a Hex-Editor.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Is there a resource or something that has the offsets of Pokemon in Ruby? Like, say, if I wanted to edit the TMs/HMs a Pokemon can learn with a Hex-Editor.

Well, depending on what you want to edit, it is in a different place. Evolution data is in one place, TMs/HMs in another, and learned moves in yet another. I would suggest looking in the tutorials here, then comparing the format for the hex data to what you find at the offsets for ruby that are below. (One should be for stats, one for evolutions, one for TMs/HMs, and the last for learnable attacks, not necessarily in that order)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Opal Pikachu13 said:
TLP, huh? That looks tricky... well, I want to replace the first question mark that's after Celebi with Pachirisu, what's the offset of the first icon of the question mark Pokemon, you know, those #252-276 unused ones that are after Celebi? I did see the Unown icons,and a piece of Seviper in TLP,but I'd like to know how I'd import the D/P icon of Pachirisu into one of those spaces, the first question mark space. The rom is a Sapphire rom. And I also need to know about the Pokemon Amplifier problem I'm having, that I asked about earlier as well:

Also, following the Struggle problem, checking the Pokemon's moves results to this:
0898-Pokemon-SapphireVersionU_02.png

I said before, this happens when I try editing the move of a newly inserted Pokemon that are the 252-276 numbers after Celebi. It either will only know Tackle (without that glitchy screen), or no moves at all, resulting into the problem shown at the screen I posted.

Hmm... you shouldn't really insert a sprite over one of those "?" Pokemon, the reason being it doesn't work is because those Pokemon can only learn Tackle and I don't think they can be editted, sadly.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
sorry i'm hacking ruby, can anyone help me out with where to find the water animation?
Thanks

The water animations are in offset 376C00.

Thanks so much Christos, but I have a 2 comments; 1. On IrfanView, is there a specific button that is named "Index Image" or something, or is it more complicated than that? 2, so I have to edit a different sprite? Well I want to edit he Prof. Oak Sprite, how can I edit a different sprite and make sure that it is that one that comes up in the intro place (where Prof. Oak gets you to name yourself, your rival, and talks to you about Pokemon)?

Also, I tried replacing a Prof. Oak Sprite with a Sprite already in-game (Blaine's to be precise) and it still wouldn't let me insert it due to compressed bigness! What's up with that?

Image -> Decrease color depth and choose to decrease the colors to 16.

Twilight Itachi X

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
Aww..... looks like I'll have to replace an existing Pokemon then, too bad you can't edit the "?" Pokemon. Alright, I'll just replace some Johto Pokemon then. Alright, I'd like to know how to import the small D/P icon of Pachirisu
dpiconani417.gif
over the small icon of Dunsparce
dpiconani206.gif
using TLP (Tile Layer Pro), since I'll be replacing Dunsparce with Pachirisu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back