• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Palette Hacking

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
There are a few tutorials on it here at pc

Thanks (I didn't feel like putting a before because all of you guys know how ugly the ruby tree palette's are

Nothing wrong with the Ruby's trees in my opinion... Anyway, it is very clear. Like it, HFI.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Yeah, but they suck. None of them worked for me.
Try them a few times they evantualy started working for me (And if it doesn't go to youtube and type in "Pokemon how to hack word map" and see if you find a result)
Thanks for the comments marx and cheesymitten
(The point of the tutorial is so people understand it so it has to be clear if its considered a tutorial)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Honestly, the title of this tutorial is misleading. Better change it: this is not palette hacking, this is merely map palette hacking through AM. Clearly different. You might consider improving the explanation as well. BTW, I prefer using APE for such job because I have more control over the colors and I feel more confortable than with AM where I need to choose the R/G/B values which is kinda time-wasting for me.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Honestly, the title of this tutorial is misleading. Better change it: this is not palette hacking, this is merely map palette hacking through AM. Clearly different. You might consider improving the explanation as well. BTW, I prefer using APE for such job because I have more control over the colors and I feel more confortable than with AM where I need to choose the R/G/B values which is kinda time-wasting for me.
Yeah I guess it is misleading
Ive tried editing palletes in AM (Crashes everytime I try)
This is much easier for me cause Im a spriter and we spriter are used to rbg values
(BTW I guessed that you prefered AM because you made it
If I made a hacking tool too I would like it also cause I would know all the tricks and how it works)

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
Well this is nice ^_^.. But it needs more information :3.. but sure it helps Newbie ^_^. Well good work * laughs *..

-Yasumin

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yeah I guess it is misleading
Ive tried editing palletes in AM (Crashes everytime I try)
This is much easier for me cause Im a spriter and we spriter are used to rbg values
(BTW I guessed that you prefered AM because you made it
If I made a hacking tool too I would like it also cause I would know all the tricks and how it works)

What? I didn't make AM :P

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Yeah, I edited my last post. :/

Anyways, nice tutorial. I actually had never found that feature before, so I'm glad you pointed it out.

kaka1918

sorry im bad in english
Years
I like your tutorial then I will
translate it for my forum with the right
author of course

Back