• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hey guys, just wanted to post an update to say that the Physical/Special split bugs have been fixed and that you should check them out in the latest live beta.

I also fixed the traded Mareep having no ability. However, bear in mind that this will NOT carry over to any pre-existing Mareep from this trade.

Enjoy, and let me know if there are any problems with either of these fixes.
Please note, I am not responsible for scripting issues, which the majority of remaining issues come down to.

And finally, a plea. As soon as you guys notice the trainers being weird and acting like they're already beaten. STOP. And tell me what precisely you have done in the lead up to this happening. In as much detail as earthly possible. I can't track what's actually causing the initial bug, and until I can, it will remain unfixed. Also, what emulator you are using would be helpful to know, as this could be an emulator specific bug for all I know.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Hey guys, just wanted to post an update to say that the Physical/Special split bugs have been fixed and that you should check them out in the latest live beta.

I also fixed the traded Mareep having no ability. However, bear in mind that this will NOT carry over to any pre-existing Mareep from this trade.

Enjoy, and let me know if there are any problems with either of these fixes.
Please note, I am not responsible for scripting issues, which the majority of remaining issues come down to.

And finally, a plea. As soon as you guys notice the trainers being weird and acting like they're already beaten. STOP. And tell me what precisely you have done in the lead up to this happening. In as much detail as earthly possible. I can't track what's actually causing the initial bug, and until I can, it will remain unfixed. Also, what emulator you are using would be helpful to know, as this could be an emulator specific bug for all I know.

Does the Live Beta include the equip item fix as well as my moveset list ?

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2020
I am playing the live beta and the pedestals appeared for me. i went to capture articuno at the icepath and then went back to outskirt island. the pedestals dissapeared but if u hit A in the right spot you can still see that they are active

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
I was in orange island and come back to prof oak to give him gs ball and now I can't come back to orange island, what should I do ?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Does the Live Beta include the equip item fix as well as my moveset list ?

No. The only things I fixed are the things I listed in my post. Other things haven't been touched.

I am playing the live beta and the pedestals appeared for me. i went to capture articuno at the icepath and then went back to outskirt island. the pedestals dissapeared but if u hit A in the right spot you can still see that they are active

Sounds like an oversight by LaZ, that'll be getting fixed tonight.

Last edited:

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Wow, haven't checked out this topic in awhile. I'm glad to see that people are liking Beta 3!

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
I used to hate the new split, but now that I've started using an Adamant Poliwrath with Waterfall and Ice Punch, I kind of hope that LaZ doesn't change it... (I've also going to have a Jolteon with Shadow Ball and Hyper Beam. Both pokemon will be completely screwed up if the split goes back to normal.) Besides, LaZ put a lot of work into that thing.

The only problem with the split is that it still leaves some pokemon unbalanced. Therefore, it might be best to simply implement a few new moves, only ones that would be absolutely necessary to rebalance some pokemon:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
I used to hate the new split, but now that I've started using an Adamant Poliwrath with Waterfall and Ice Punch, I kind of hope that LaZ doesn't change it... (I've also going to have a Jolteon with Shadow Ball and Hyper Beam. Both pokemon will be completely screwed up if the split goes back to normal.) Besides, LaZ put a lot of work into that thing.

The only problem with the split is that it still leaves some pokemon unbalanced. Therefore, it might be best to simply implement a few new moves, only ones that would be absolutely necessary to rebalance some pokemon:

Spoiler:

Well I'm not saying to ditch it all-together, just to maybe release two versions of the hack... one with it and one without so players can choose which they prefer. Although if they add the moves you suggest I could probably live with it :)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Well I'm not saying to ditch it all-together, just to maybe release two versions of the hack... one with it and one without so players can choose which they prefer. Although if they add the moves you suggest I could probably live with it :)

We're already running with 2 seperate patches, and you want us to add yet another?

Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from, but I reckon we won't release one with and one without, or certainly not any time soon.

For what it's worth, I also put the unbalanced attack list issue forward to LaZ, but he didn't give me a straight answer.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
We're already running with 2 seperate patches, and you want us to add yet another?

Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from, but I reckon we won't release one with and one without, or certainly not any time soon.

For what it's worth, I also put the unbalanced attack list issue forward to LaZ, but he didn't give me a straight answer.

Yeah, makes sense.

Of course, I still love this hack. Its by far my favorite Pokemon hack. Keep up the amazing work.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
can anyone share guide for lc? because I can't get 2nd badge of orange island

That's because the second badge doesn't exist yet. The Beta ends right after you watch the scene with Zane in the Abandoned Warehouse.

Congratulations, you've beaten the Beta of Liquid Crystal.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Quick question... On the OP under the features list of Liquid Crystal, it lists "Custom Battle Scenario". What does this mean exactly? Simply curious.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
So, does anyone know how to plant apricorns? I've already got the wailmer pail, but I can't seem to put the apricorns back in the ground once I pick them...

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2012
Man I hate that stupid stalling out Umbreon of Zane's!! It almost cost me the whole battle by itself at Nugget Bridge cause first he Mean Looks me then he Wished and then Toxic'd a majority of my team then spams wish the rest of the time ARGH (all in that order too)!!! I was able to bring him down enough to use Hydro Cannon with my Feraligatr to finish it off before he could get his wish for the millionth time. I just wanted to smash that Umbreon's face in by the end of the battle.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2014
I must say

This hack is amazing!!
I have a couple of questions I would like to ask;

-is there any way to speed up the game's overall speed? I mean it's effing slow when played without pressing "space" all the time, especially on the GPSPhone.

-how far does the game reach? can you finish all 4 badges of the Orange islands?

-how many legendary pokemons are currently in the game?

-any suggestion for a pokemon? (my team is made of Hunter, Quilava, Ralts, Swablu)

GReat game, Awesome remake !!
Keep up the good work!!

Back