• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokémon Heart Red - Red/Blue Remake for Nintendo DS

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
New update!

Code:
---v0.3b

- Prof. Oak now gives National Dex.
- You now spawn directly in your room in Pallet Town. No more warping from New Bark Town.
- You now respawn in your Pallet Town house upon losing a battle before reaching the first Pokemon Center.
- Mom recognizes gender.
- NPC in Viridian no longer gives Mystic Water and has correct dialogue.
- Trainer Tower removed.
- Pokeballs now available from Marts.
- PokeGear given at start.

Download

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I'm totally supporting this, as I want my young sister to play the Kanto games, but she's not into the GBC/GBA ones. So you're the only one I can count on. :P

I'm not sure if you're planning to add Gen II/IV debut Pokémon that is related to the Kanto natives like Bellossom, Pichu, Magnezone. I suggest you should, to fix a bit the diversity issue of 151 Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
I'm not sure if you're planning to add Gen II/IV debut Pokémon that is related to the Kanto natives like Bellossom, Pichu, Magnezone. I suggest you should, to fix a bit the diversity issue of 151 Pokémon.

I'll figure something out when the time comes. It's a possibility.

I'm also considering adding the Fairy type, although I'm not sure if I should or if it's worth it.

Sebt

Pokémon World = Beautiful coexistence
Years
  • Age 57
  • Seen Apr 2, 2021
I heard about Light Platinum hack for DS, but this here looks also really promising. I wonder how much Red it will be and how much additional content will be added into the game. Sevii Islands too?

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
I heard about Light Platinum hack for DS, but this here looks also really promising. I wonder how much Red it will be and how much additional content will be added into the game. Sevii Islands too?

Probably not too much. I want it to be similar to the original, this way it can be used as a base ROM.

I've considered remaking Yellow after this is finished.

download link doesn't work for me.

It's working for me. I made a Mirror just in case.

http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/jWltbSKA/file.html

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 22, 2016
I'm starting to test this hack rom, but TriggerHappy187, just one question: will we be able to migrate our saves to new updates? Or do we have to start a new one every time until the final version?

Thanks in advance! I've registered just to ask this and to compliment you for this excellent work. All pokemon fans are waiting for somethink like this, please keep going :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
I'm starting to test this hack rom, but TriggerHappy187, just one question: will we be able to migrate our saves to new updates? Or do we have to start a new one every time until the final version?

Yes, you can even import HGSS saves and they will technically work.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 29, 2015
uh... im new to this can you help me figure out how to apply the patch. I think im doing in wrong

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
Small update.

Code:
---v0.3c

- Many sprites implemented for the main protagonist, including back sprite.
- Minor dialogue fixes.

Spoiler:

uh... im new to this can you help me figure out how to apply the patch. I think im doing in wrong

Run "xdeltaUI mod.exe", then under patch select the .xdelta patch file.

For the source file select a Heart Gold ROM.

Output file is where you will save the new rom.

Last edited:

Sebt

Pokémon World = Beautiful coexistence
Years
  • Age 57
  • Seen Apr 2, 2021
Probably not too much. I want it to be similar to the original, this way it can be used as a base ROM.

I've considered remaking Yellow after this is finished.

Nice. {:3} Yellow version contains Pikachu emoticons pictures, I wonder how these would look like in DS remake. :)

You have my full support (and I hope it won't be a problem for Drastic - Android DS emulator to launch this)! :12:

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
New Update!

Code:
---v0.4

- Can now see Kanto in Town Map.
- Misty's Gym is complete.
- Many NPC, sprite, and dialogue fixes.
- Pokemon follows you correctly in the scene on Route 2.
- Updated some Wild Encounters.
- Added NPC to Route 3.
- Removed extra trainer from Pewter City's Gym.
- Removed hidden items from Viridian Forest.
- Removed double battle trainers on Route 3.
- Removed Big Root from Route 3.

Download

Anyone care to test this version on a Flash Cart?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
New Update!

Code:
---v0.4

- Can now see Kanto in Town Map.
- Misty's Gym is complete.
- Many NPC, sprite, and dialogue fixes.
- Pokemon follows you correctly in the scene on Route 2.
- Updated some Wild Encounters.
- Added NPC to Route 3.
- Removed extra trainer from Pewter City's Gym.
- Removed hidden items from Viridian Forest.
- Removed double battle trainers on Route 3.
- Removed Big Root from Route 3.

Download

Anyone care to test this version on a Flash Cart?

I would like to volunteer, but I have no experience as a game tester.

Back