• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

miley810

Assassin
Years
*catches onto conversation, then glares at my username* No Hannah Montana in any RP what-so-ever. That was a poor choice of user-naming. Ponyo, Wall-e, those sound awesome for it. I'm a big fan of Ponyo for some reason.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
All I can say is you guys have some good movies planned out for it. How about adding some more Final Fantasy worlds? That would be a bit interesting to see.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Oh, my post totally did not go through. Now I have to rewrite it. *Angryface*

Roxas can only dual-wield because of Xion, so he shouldn't get much - if any - credit for that. Plus, Roxas wouldn't exist, much less wield a keyblade, if Ventus didn't lost his heart and it found its way into Sora *rantrantrantrantrant* and that is the history of chocolate milk. I hope you were all paying attention.
And you will bow down to me if you know what's good for you.

And . . . /offtopic
Well, sure is lonely around here, huh? What monster climbed out of the depths of Tartarus and killed everyone? Someone, please, enlighten me.

xD He's my favorite character so don't critisize about him!

:3 & nope not bowing down to you.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Sorry to randomly drop in (again) but I was wondering...anybody interested in a Portal 2 RP? I have a starting-idea for one if anyone is interested. I wanted to see if anyone here liked Portal 2 before I wasted valuble RPing time making one.

WELL, you'd have to make a good plot. I'm assuming that we'd all be test subjects, and we'd basically be trying to escape?
What could be fun is a Portal/Half-Life crossover, but it might be slightly difficult to retain the Portal elements. (I still think Valve might actually do that. It would make sense.)

Wall-E . . . hm . . . well, I think I'll go look up a bunch of Disney movies later and see what to add. I don't want to add too many worlds, or else it would just be overwhelming. If the RP lasts long enough for a sequel, though . . .

@Yagerbomb - Your execution is set to begin at eight o'clock sharp. Please head over to the sign-in booths now.

@PkMn Trainer Yellow - 私は日本語を話しています!私にたわませる!間違いをGoogle Translateを責める!
Oh, by the way, my computer won't let me see Japanese (or any cool symbols, really) so I have no idea what that looks like! xD

@ShinyDiamond - You will regret this! Last chance, bow down NOW!

miley810

Assassin
Years
I don't know too much about Half Life :/ The plot is yes Test Subjects (us) trying to escape, but with five cores. Wheatly, and four other 'intellegence dampening spheres' that had been made for immedite use to put on GLaDOS incase the original (wheatley) got corrupted. They break them out and attempt to escape with the cores. I can post what I have so far here if you'd like.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Excuse me, but I am the only person anyone should be bowing to. *pulls Shiny to his feet*

In other news, I'm sorry I've been rather dead lately. I've grown tired of using my job as an excuse so now Ill use the weather! Australia's been suffering from an odd heat wave. It's summer and usually heat gets to MAX 32ish during January. Well, it's like the start of January and it's currently 34c (which is like 93f for you americans). My computer is in the hottest room in the house so I'm currently typing this as I melt on the floor all over my phone.

I need to sleep more, guh. I wish it would hurry up and storm already.

I did see Sherlock Holmes for a second time today in the air conditioning of a movie theatre. Makes me glad I'm in the "Roaring Twenties". I mean, Sherlock is based in 1890s but it's similar

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I was wondering if anyone likes the idea of having a roleplay involving Survivor. It a game where contestant live on an island for 36 or so days and try and survive to the end to win $1,000,000 US/AU. The aim of the game is to survive till the end, by creatingn alliances, winning island challenges and finding hidden idols. Every week or so (this can be shortened for the RP) the losing tribe of the challenge goes to tribal councila nd the tribe must vote to elimate one member. That member joins the Tribal Council which in turn, as it builds up ultimately decides out of the remaining 3 who should win the 1,000,000 based on the way they played the game.

I think it'd be great and it'd put a spin on RP especially since it can incude alliances and secret PM's. Where members can choose to how much and what exactly their character says/decides to share when talking, to save their chances of winning. it can be complicated but I am sre with a few tweaks it can beocme extremely fun.

Also if I were to do this.. should I make the contestants trainers with their pokemon companions, or just pokemon. (I think i should do trainers with their pokemon companions) but I want to see if this idea would work and gain some sort of feedback on the positives and negatives to improve such a concept.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(TV_series)
Information on the real life version.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I thought to do a Inheritance cycle past RP. I need help cause this is my first RP so if someone want PM me.
the RP is based on the story of the inheritance cycle of cristopher peolini. The RP happans in the long past when the riders was in one of there peaks, but then a message that tell that the ra`zac is assembling an army in a far land to attack alagaesia and control her change everything. The players will be elf rider or human rider [exceptions might be] some will be trained in the order academy and other will teach. SO someone want to help me do this ?!

I've read the first 2 books of the series, so yeah I guess I could join, if the plot was good enough, really.

All I can say is you guys have some good movies planned out for it. How about adding some more Final Fantasy worlds? That would be a bit interesting to see.

Yes! FINAL FANTASY WORLDS! 8D

I was wondering if anyone likes the idea of having a roleplay involving Survivor. It a game where contestant live on an island for 36 or so days and try and survive to the end to win $1,000,000 US/AU. The aim of the game is to survive till the end, by creatingn alliances, winning island challenges and finding hidden idols. Every week or so (this can be shortened for the RP) the losing tribe of the challenge goes to tribal councila nd the tribe must vote to elimate one member. That member joins the Tribal Council which in turn, as it builds up ultimately decides out of the remaining 3 who should win the 1,000,000 based on the way they played the game.

I think it'd be great and it'd put a spin on RP especially since it can incude alliances and secret PM's. Where members can choose to how much and what exactly their character says/decides to share when talking, to save their chances of winning. it can be complicated but I am sre with a few tweaks it can beocme extremely fun.

Also if I were to do this.. should I make the contestants trainers with their pokemon companions, or just pokemon. (I think i should do trainers with their pokemon companions) but I want to see if this idea would work and gain some sort of feedback on the positives and negatives to improve such a concept.

Yeaaaaaah I think I saw a Survivor RP a few pages back in the RP Lounge. Not sure, though, don't remember xD Tbh, I like the idea. The Secret PM/Alliance would make the RP fun. But what would matter is how the challenges work. Also, if even one person went inactive throughout the RP it would really affect the other people he/she had made alliances with. I guess these are just minor things that you'll have to look at :)

Also, Trainer with Pokemon seems better. Being Pokemon... would give certain Pokemon advantages in challenges, no?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Yeaaaaaah I think I saw a Survivor RP a few pages back in the RP Lounge. Not sure, though, don't remember xD Tbh, I like the idea. The Secret PM/Alliance would make the RP fun. But what would matter is how the challenges work. Also, if even one person went inactive throughout the RP it would really affect the other people he/she had made alliances with. I guess these are just minor things that you'll have to look at :)

Also, Trainer with Pokemon seems better. Being Pokemon... would give certain Pokemon advantages in challenges, no?

I've searched, and all that was found was Survivors of Meeko Island which has a totally different storyline.

I agree with you on the trainer with pokemon conept. I think it'd make the contests much fairer. Now with the challenges, that tough, I was thinking of removing them, buuut, then it take away most of the fun, any suggestions on how to make it work? I was thinking of letting the RPers decide afterall they do decide when Pokemon battling if the opponent's move hits etc. Buuut any easier way is always applicable. And with the activity incident, I'd be more than happy to automatically elimnate them. It would ruin others' aliances, yes, but it is really similar if someone just changed alliances. Plus this will erge and make the Rper's want to find the best possible members to team with, not to mention with the signups I'll just check around the RP section to see if the member is active. So, I can't definately know who will be active and who won't be, but i am sure I can do a few things tom monitor and resolve some of the issues if it were to occur.

Another problem of mine is that I don't want the Rper who is elimated to feel excluded. After all the first voted out would feel like the Rp was a terrible waste of time, so I want to add somehting that will still let them participate in the RP without feeling excluded or bored, waiting for the RP to finish.

Once again any ideas is highly aprreciated, I'd really like this to thrive so any help is great! :D (This is my first RP, so I want to make it as good as possible.)

td;lr - Any others issues/solutions?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
The RPers who get voted out could become members of some mystical antagonistical tribe that causes problem for the remaining players :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
The RPers who get voted out could become members of some mystical antagonistical tribe that causes problem for the remaining players :)
Now thats an idea! Their shinanigans could be a harsh test to see who really plays the game well along with just the extreme satisfaction of making others' lives a misery. Meheheh, brilliant.

Any ideas on how to make the challenges fair?

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey guys, haven't posted here in a while, but another RPer a few months ago gave me an idea of something really cool to do for an RP, that I suggest some of you consider in the future. It may have been done before, I dunno, but I haven't seen it, so I'd like to throw it out.

The RP was like many other ones, but the bonus feature was that there would be "surprise guests" in the RP. What I mean by this is having RPers not previously in a certain RP to appear as a character for a short while (depending on the GM) to perform some role. This would probably be best with RPs that have the traditional "bad guy" role in it. I notice not a lot of people prefer playing a bad guy (probably besides me and a few others), and having the GM make the main bad player an NPC is just boring, so what if you secretly ask others to join into your RP (via PM or something) requesting them to participate in the RP as an antagonist or any other role you'd like to see filled for a short time.

This would be really useful in many types of RPs, including RPs with many "seasons" with multiple antagonists, or even in traditional Pokemon Journey RPs, where I notice in the past that there would be gym leader characters, but because of lack of things to actually do, the RP often fails. Having a surprise guest appear as a gym leader for a short time is useful here in the fact that the RPer, if he would be busy, would only participate for that short time, and we would have a fun new character appear. This definitely would spice up any RP, and make it more surprising/exciting IMO.

Well, that's pretty much it. if anyone ever decides to use this idea, I think it would be great, and be sure to drop me a PM. I would love to show up as a surprise guest in a number of RPs I have wanted to participate in for a long time, but simply to not have the time to as a full-time RPer.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hey guys, haven't posted here in a while, but another RPer a few months ago gave me an idea of something really cool to do for an RP, that I suggest some of you consider in the future. It may have been done before, I dunno, but I haven't seen it, so I'd like to throw it out.

The RP was like many other ones, but the bonus feature was that there would be "surprise guests" in the RP. What I mean by this is having RPers not previously in a certain RP to appear as a character for a short while (depending on the GM) to perform some role. This would probably be best with RPs that have the traditional "bad guy" role in it. I notice not a lot of people prefer playing a bad guy (probably besides me and a few others), and having the GM make the main bad player an NPC is just boring, so what if you secretly ask others to join into your RP (via PM or something) requesting them to participate in the RP as an antagonist or any other role you'd like to see filled for a short time.

This would be really useful in many types of RPs, including RPs with many "seasons" with multiple antagonists, or even in traditional Pokemon Journey RPs, where I notice in the past that there would be gym leader characters, but because of lack of things to actually do, the RP often fails. Having a surprise guest appear as a gym leader for a short time is useful here in the fact that the RPer, if he would be busy, would only participate for that short time, and we would have a fun new character appear. This definitely would spice up any RP, and make it more surprising/exciting IMO.

Well, that's pretty much it. if anyone ever decides to use this idea, I think it would be great, and be sure to drop me a PM. I would love to show up as a surprise guest in a number of RPs I have wanted to participate in for a long time, but simply to not have the time to as a full-time RPer.

That actually sounds awesome. I might implement it in one of my journey RPs :]

The warden

I'm back!
Years

Interesting a while ago I though of making an RP that is based on the Liar Game manga. It would require a similar set of IC public and ICPM posts and it put me off the idea a bit because it would by the end of a round be such a tangled mess of PM that you couldn't explain it all.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Interesting a while ago I though of making an RP that is based on the Liar Game manga. It would require a similar set of IC public and ICPM posts and it put me off the idea a bit because it would by the end of a round be such a tangled mess of PM that you couldn't explain it all.
But I wouldn't need to. So long as I receive votes at the end of the day, I don't need to know about the alliances, only the people in them do. After all I won't be a contestant. Plus its all about deception, secrecy and strategy. So really it doesn't matter about the mess, since not everyone is supposed to know. As I don't need to know, It doesn't bother me. :3

I'm in the middle of developing the introductory post, thought of creating a CSS for it, but I don't have the skills unfortunately. Oh well. :3 Does anyone take interest into my RP idea? If so, I'd get it up ASAP. :)

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Excuse me, but I am the only person anyone should be bowing to. *pulls Shiny to his feet*

In other news, I'm sorry I've been rather dead lately. I've grown tired of using my job as an excuse so now Ill use the weather! Australia's been suffering from an odd heat wave. It's summer and usually heat gets to MAX 32ish during January. Well, it's like the start of January and it's currently 34c (which is like 93f for you americans). My computer is in the hottest room in the house so I'm currently typing this as I melt on the floor all over my phone.

I need to sleep more, guh. I wish it would hurry up and storm already.

I did see Sherlock Holmes for a second time today in the air conditioning of a movie theatre. Makes me glad I'm in the "Roaring Twenties". I mean, Sherlock is based in 1890s but it's similar

^^;; Then I only bow down to you Skymin, since you're the Moderator. *bows down to Skymin only*

Also, I've been thinking of making my own RP myself. It's just another Pokemon RP in a different region with all pokemon. I'm calling the antagonistic group Team Storm. They wanna control the weather & are planning to get control of Groudon, Kyogre, & Rayquaza. 8 gyms & an Elite Four of course. It's all I got. I just hope I have the time to make it though.

The warden

I'm back!
Years

But I wouldn't need to. So long as I receive votes at the end of the day, I don't need to know about the alliances, only the people in them do. After all I won't be a contestant. Plus its all about deception, secrecy and strategy. So really it doesn't matter about the mess, since not everyone is supposed to know. As I don't need to know, It doesn't bother me. :3

I'm in the middle of developing the introductory post, thought of creating a CSS for it, but I don't have the skills unfortunately. Oh well. :3 Does anyone take interest into my RP idea? If so, I'd get it up ASAP. :)
That would work, rather better than the Liar Game idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back