Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls
Reload this Page [PokéPOTW] #1: Bulbasaur vs. Charmander vs. Squirtle

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle?
23 33.33%
34 49.28%
12 17.39%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 3rd, 2014 (12:57 AM).
★heroes
CS

Nature: Naive
Seems like Charmander won, wohoo! Unless a spur of Bulbalovers come now in the last day.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (01:16 PM).
Do it now - crack the bone till it falls!

Nature: Adamant
I am actually going to rate them.

Bulbasaur - 8/10

Bulbasaur is cute and it's the only starter with a dual typing. Also, Bulbasaur has the advantage over the first two gym leaders, Brock and Misty. However, Bulbasaur's evolutions look horrible (especially Mega Venusaur).

Charmander - 5/10

Charmander is slightly overrated (and please don't get me started on Charizard) and can't really beat the first 3 gym leaders because it has the lowest defenses of the three starters and is weak against the first two. However, Charmander does look pretty badass.

Squirtle - 7/10

Squirtle is ok overall. It isn't cute in my opinion but it's still great in-game and competitively.

So overall, I'll pick Bulbasaur

"<TLCNU> Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice."
SuperSkarmory | Serebii | lol ubers spam (Peaked #13)
Old February 3rd, 2014 (02:06 PM).
Cookies are a necessary evil.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
This was a tough choice, but I chose Bulbasaur. Besides the fact that it needs more love, during my PMD playthrough Bulbasaur was the ish. Especially considering it has Sleep Powder, which is amazingly awesome. Although I don't like Venasaur because he's sorta... fat. ><

Normally though I would've chosen Charmander, but... I figured Bulbasaur needed the extra push. It's also probably more huggable, since I don't want to get burned by Charmander's tail.

I might not be dead! I might be. I dunno. Nachos.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (04:18 PM).

I picked Squirtle because in Pokemon Red and FireRed you can go through the elite four only using Blastoise and Zapdos, beating the elite four can be piece of cake but i do love charizard because he was my first pokemon.

PokeCommunity Challenges:
-Red - Hated Pokemon Challenge

Currently doing Legendary Trio Challenge On Pokemon Gold.
Old February 4th, 2014 (12:43 AM).
my past is not today.
CS

Nature: Timid
When I first started playing, much like most pre-teen boys, Charmander (and eventually Charizard) was easily my favorite. I mean honestly, what's not to like about a bad-ass, fire-breathing Dragon that isn't really a Dragon?

As I've gotten older though, I've found myself using the other two starters just as much- if not more than Charmander. And if I had to pick, I would go with Squirtle as my favorite Pokemon. It gets access to a lot of great moves, and has arguably my favorite Mega Evolution of the Kanto starters (sorry Mega Charizard X, you're trying just a bit too hard).

And now that we've got a new PokéPOTW up and running, this thread will be de-stickied, but feel free to continue voting and posting your opinions if you haven't already!
Pokémon Poll of the Week #7: Which Q is your A?

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old April 15th, 2014 (01:55 PM).
Cursed Hemophillic.

Nature: Serious
[B]1. Charmander . . MoveSet, Charizard's Design, Type advantages against almost all Types, Poweful Stats if Fought all Battles, First ever pokemon as starter in all games I ever play (if availabe or I find HIM) many more can't type all that.

Charizard = Powerful Moves.

2. Squirtle . . . Never felt that I wanted Squirtle but its still strong with hydro canon and hydro pump, Picked it in Leafgreen (2nd playthrough of LG)

Squirtle = Balanced Defence.

3. Bulbasaur . . .

Uff! Never Felt Need for This weakling (Sorry) eventually I Choose him As Starter in Leafgreen (1st playthrough)

Didn't liked -: Moves, Type, Design + Evolutions nothing!

Bulbasaur = Stat Reducer.

"Sorry for the mistakes in my posts, I just have a old PC to attend my beloved PokeCommunity."
>>>About My Disease HemoPhillia<<<
Pokemon Z Version! (Dragon ball Z Demake)
Pokemon Platinum Red & Blue (NDS Styled tiles)
Pokemon Mirage of tales: A new Age dawns
1MB Sub-Circuit (Solution)-> (New!)--->Click HERE.
ROM Patching Tutorial For Android & IOS->Click Here
ROM Patching Tutorial For Windows->Click Here
Old April 17th, 2014 (09:04 PM).
hoping senpai notices me

Nature: Quirky
This is a rather tough choice, because I have a fond for reptiles in general, and all three starters were given various improvements in battles with their Mega Evolutions, which also come with useful abilities, but as far as favorites go, I may have to go with Charmander, because it evolves into a dragon despite initially not being a dragon type, unless it has a Charizardnite X.
Old April 17th, 2014 (09:10 PM).
weasleys' wizard wheezes
Crystal Tier

Charmander. ♥ My first Pokemon ever. Design-wise, the Charmander line might even be my favorite of all starters to date.
Old April 17th, 2014 (09:41 PM).
The Scientific Method

Nature: Calm
Poor Squirtle.

Anyway, Bulbasaur all the way. My first starter and the easiest to train of all three.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links