• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Doubles

Fire Angel Dragon Thing...:3
Years
Can I still join even though I only have a few shinys but the one i'm the most proud is my staraptor well my shinys on white are digglet,magnamite and thats it hoping to make my staraptor forget fly to send him over via poke transfer X3
Oh yeah I aslo have starmie,meowth and some other guys...X3

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Thanks everyone! And Razor Leaf, indeed I plan to use it seriously. After I filled my Unova dex, I'll EV train it, and then I'll use if for battles. Also, any suggestions anyone what I can hunt next? I runned out of ideas :(

Doubles

Years
Update: I am now doing my very first shiny egg method...thing for a cute shiny puff ball cotonee. Support

Thanks everyone! And Razor Leaf, indeed I plan to use it seriously. After I filled my Unova dex, I'll EV train it, and then I'll use if for battles. Also, any suggestions anyone what I can hunt next? I runned out of ideas :(
Go for a cute cottonee like me or try a dragon type

Go for a cute cottonee like me or try a dragon type (sorry just love talking)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
Congrats on the Sewaddle, Weezing and Cresselia guys! Major props for Cresselia since that's quite a hard shiny to get. It's definitely a shiny to be proud for!

Landorus, I'm loving the shiny colored pokemon you're making. They all look perfect. <3 My favorites are the Gardevoir and the Milotic. :D Awesome job, I'll probably snag a few. ^^

My shiny news: Nothing so far. Over 500 Venonat eggs and nothing. I took a break from hunting though and haven't played my DS in almost a week. I'll probably hop back into hunting but probably try a different pokemon for now. I did try the Dream World and I brought a Lickitung over with Cloud Nine, I'll probably try breeding that for a bit. In Platinum I was breeding for Bagon still but I lost track of my eggs. ^^; No shiny yet either.

Well, Happy Hunting guys and good luck! :)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I recolored all my shiny Pokemon.

24qlkhy.png
242ehp4.png
3yc6r.png
jrustz.png
1zqvlhe.png
2z4mypj.png
2uh7fw7.png
24xndlg.png

Can I still join even though I only have a few shinys but the one i'm the most proud is my staraptor well my shinys on white are digglet,magnamite and thats it hoping to make my staraptor forget fly to send him over via poke transfer X3
Oh yeah I aslo have starmie,meowth and some other guys...X3

You could join even if you had no shinies! :D

Doubles

Years
Really thank you.. have any ideas cause i'm hunting for shiny blitzle and breeding for shiny cottonee for the first time lol

ShinyDoug

Lastest Shiny FTW!!!
Years
Holy Sh*t! SHINY SNIVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2hcgakl.jpg

Will update with more pics later. Gotta showmy friends. SO FRICKING HAPPY! FAVE SHINY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Female! Randomly Rash natured! So Goddamn happy! More pics coming later.
Just glanced down and there he was!
Appeared after 375 eggs. Pics coming later.
EDIT: Not calcuating IV's until I EXP Share him to Lv. 10. Then I'm gonna EV him. TOTALLY BEASTLY.
xq9yqh.jpg

1232hps.jpg

j921cg.jpg

52gen8.jpg

I'd like to give special thanks to Jolteon Jordan and Cutty Flam for motivation. Especially JJ for your rocking vid. You're the best ;)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Congratulations on that Snivy, Doug! This has inspired me to keep going with Roggenrola, lol.

Although be warned that the EXP share also passes on EVs iirc so your EV training might mess up if you don't start right now.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Congrats on the Shiny Female Snivy! Too bad it's Rash. :( Not that good for a Serperior.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I've dedicated a lot of time to shiny hunting lately, and my drought has continued. It's creeping up towards the two month mark, and I'm starting to get really frustrated. I've been focusing solely upon Drifloon and Mudkip, so I can't give up exact numbers of encounters, but I can tell you how much time I was hunting. Here's how I spent my past week:

Monday: 8 hours shiny hunting
Tuesday: 7 hours shiny hunting
Wednesday: 8 hours shiny hunting
Thursday: 8 hours shiny hunting
Friday: 4 hours shiny hunting
Saturday: 8 hours shiny hunting
Sunday: 6 hours shiny hunting
Today: 6 hours so far

I was hoping that an increase in hunting time would help yield a shiny, but no. I'm starting to get mad about this, "lol." It doesn't matter how much you hunt; you're still not going to get a shiny anyways, "lol." Being 0-for-100 gives you the same average as being 0-for-100000. :D

I'd like to join the group. :)
the shinies I've caught/evolved so far:

growlithe
arcanine
--
staryu
starmie
--
houndour
houndoom
--
darumaka
darmantian

there are many different shinies that I'm searching for at the moment, I'll post when I know what I'll search for first.

Welcome to the club, R.K 9! We're glad to have you join!

Hey! I have a Nidoqueen Shinny in my Pearl Game, i dont use it and i dont like it becouse is green and purple (very ugly) and i can give us.

Welcome! We don't count shinies from Pokesav, but you're free to hunt using the regular games!

Don't hate on your shiny Nidoqueen! A shiny is a shiny, and all shinies are cool! I'd rather have the ugliest shiny than no shiny at all!

I just randomly encountered a shiny sewaddle in my pokemon white!

Congratulations! That's awesome! It's about time we end our collective drought!

well, not much to say, got a shiny weezing only by luck (pokeradar of course), the other three I found all suffered a drastic destiny, if your guess was Explosion then you're right. But its ok, I just wanted to catch one, and maybe see the explosion animation of a shiny one. lol, I enjoyed it a little.
I was just training using the pokeradar, and when I noticed, I had already 40, so I gave it a try; and for the first one to appear was an eternity.

Congratulations! Once again, it's Chr. Draco calling THREE new shiny sightings "not much to say." :D

I bet it was pretty awesome to see shiny Weezing use Explosion. What a burst of color! A shiny exploding rainbow of doom must be one sight to see, "lol."

So I've gotten myself a shiny Cresselia on my Pearl version, after 8,179 SR's.

Congratulations! Cresselia has one of the coolest color schemes of any shiny, if not the coolest. I love shiny Cresselia! Seeing that beautiful shiny makes me want to hunt it now; maybe I'll start in Pearl after getting shiny Palkia.

Really thank you.. have any ideas cause i'm hunting for shiny blitzle and breeding for shiny cottonee for the first time lol

Greetings to a new hunter! I'm not sure if you're trying to get certain moves/abilities on your Cottonee, but if not, I think it would be a lot faster if you hunted in the Pinwheel Forest. Wild Encounters take less time than egg hatching, although there's always the chance that you could get a shiny other than the one for which you're looking. Still, refer to the 22nd axiom of shiny hunting:

Shiny Hunting Manual said:
Axiom 22:

Whenever hunting for a shiny that can be found both individually and with other Pokemon, always search in the area also containing other Pokemon. This results in the possibility of unintentionally obtaining a shiny of a different Pokemon on the route. In this scenario, you can still obtain your desired shiny without risk of duplication by simply searching in the area without any other Pokemon.

This is vastly superior to the alternative, a case in which you obtain the desired shiny by searching for it individually, and later decide you want a Pokemon from the route where both are found. During that hunt, you may inadvertantly acquire a duplicate of the shiny you already had found when searching for it indiviually, producing a net loss of time and less shiny diversity.

It's a little wordy, but it basically means that if you can find a Pokemon in the wild, you should search there before hatching for it, unless you want egg moves or something. You don't want to spend months hatching for a shiny Cottonee only to run into a shiny one in the wild months later, as you would've wasted a ton of time getting a shiny that's essentially worthless because you would've gotten one later anyways.

I'm actually applying Axiom 22 to my Litwick hunt. On the first few floors of the tower only Litwick is found, but on the top couple of floors reside both Litwick and Elgyem. I'm not really looking for a shiny Elgyem - I want a shiny Litwick because I think it looks awesome and is one of my favorite shinies, when I could really care less about Elgyem. Still, I'm hunting on the top floor because of Axiom 22. If I hunted on the bottom floor and got Litwick, I could then never hunt for Elgyem without risking getting another shiny Litwick, which I had already exclusively hunted before. I would either have to risk another Litwick or hatch for Elgyem, which takes much longer than just wild encounters. By searching on the top floor, I still have a chance of getting Litwick, which is the same result as the other situation, but just with different possibilities. It's also possible that I could get a shiny Elgyem, and then I could hunt on the bottom floor for Litwick without risk of a duplicate. Then I'd have both shinies without any wasted time, and that's the best case scenario.

Of course, that's assuming you're a shiny hunter. If you just want Litwick and that's the only shiny you care about getting, by all means hunt in a place where only Litwick is found, since all the Elgyem encounters would be wasting your time. But if you're like me and have the impossible goal of eventually getting every shiny, you'll want to follow the manual. :)

Landorus, those are really awesome pictures! I love them. It's really cool that on Gardevoir, Wobbuffet, Oddish, and Darumaka, highlighting the picture will show the non-shiny version. It doesn't work on some computers, though; I think it depends on how your computer highlights text. If the highlighted text is blue, it should work, but white highlights don't seem to reveal the non-shiny version.

EDIT: ShinyDoug ninja'd me! :O

Congrats on the Snivy!! It looks really cool! It seems like that hunt didn't take too long, so that makes it all the better! You're really lucky!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
I recolored all my shiny Pokemon.

Those look great!

Congrats, ShinyDoug on Snivy! It looks so great blue, and I'm sure she'll make a great team member. Your shiny has pushed me to continue hunting myself. After days of long hours of hatching and hatching it becomes so tedious but is worth it in the end!

G-Money said:
I've dedicated a lot of time to shiny hunting lately, and my drought has continued. It's creeping up towards the two month mark, and I'm starting to get really frustrated. I've been focusing solely upon Drifloon and Mudkip, so I can't give up exact numbers of encounters, but I can tell you how much time I was hunting. Here's how I spent my past week:

Don't give up! That's a lot of shiny hunting but why give up when you've already done so much? I feel your pain though, I haven't had a shiny in a while and after days of hatching eggs for hours I took a break away from it. But, now I'm all ready to go again, so just keep going. Hopefully you'll get one soon!

Also good luck on Litwick! It's a cute little pokemon and a nice shiny. Hopefully you'll see some sparkles soon. :) I will also have to keep Axiom 22 in mind when hunting for something catchable next time.

Starting to random encounter in White now since I need another small break from egg hatching in Black. I just get side tracked way too easy and I kinda like the thought of something random. I have yet to beat the elite four on white so I'm just running around on Route 7. :)

ShinyDoug

Lastest Shiny FTW!!!
Years
The main reason for my posting is that I recolored the whole Snivy evo line's DW Art. I used their sprite colorings:

fay8mr.png

2drbf5z.png

r9ejwh.png

I'm considering MMing Tepig now. Shiny Emboar is Ganon lol. However, I still have 2 1/2 boxes left. Doubt there's anything there, but I don't care. It's worth a shot. I think. Especially since in 50 eggs Profile of SPPf got 2 shinies.

Thanks for all of the congrats I've been getting!

Happy Hunting! *Gives Members Luck*

~ShinyDoug

Doubles

Years

I was hoping that an increase in hunting time would help yield a shiny, but no. I'm starting to get mad about this, "lol." It doesn't matter how much you hunt; you're still not going to get a shiny anyways, "lol." Being 0-for-100 gives you the same average as being 0-for-100000. :D

Welcome to the club, R.K 9! We're glad to have you join!

Welcome! We don't count shinies from Pokesav, but you're free to hunt using the regular games!

Don't hate on your shiny Nidoqueen! A shiny is a shiny, and all shinies are cool! I'd rather have the ugliest shiny than no shiny at all!

Congratulations! That's awesome! It's about time we end our collective drought!

Congratulations! Once again, it's Chr. Draco calling THREE new shiny sightings "not much to say." :D

I bet it was pretty awesome to see shiny Weezing use Explosion. What a burst of color! A shiny exploding rainbow of doom must be one sight to see, "lol."

Congratulations! Cresselia has one of the coolest color schemes of any shiny, if not the coolest. I love shiny Cresselia! Seeing that beautiful shiny makes me want to hunt it now; maybe I'll start in Pearl after getting shiny Palkia.

Greetings to a new hunter! I'm not sure if you're trying to get certain moves/abilities on your Cottonee, but if not, I think it would be a lot faster if you hunted in the Pinwheel Forest. Wild Encounters take less time than egg hatching, although there's always the chance that you could get a shiny other than the one for which you're looking. Still, refer to the 22nd axiom of shiny hunting:

It's a little wordy, but it basically means that if you can find a Pokemon in the wild, you should search there before hatching for it, unless you want egg moves or something. You don't want to spend months hatching for a shiny Cottonee only to run into a shiny one in the wild months later, as you would've wasted a ton of time getting a shiny that's essentially worthless because you would've gotten one later anyways.

I'm actually applying Axiom 22 to my Litwick hunt. On the first few floors of the tower only Litwick is found, but on the top couple of floors reside both Litwick and Elgyem. I'm not really looking for a shiny Elgyem - I want a shiny Litwick because I think it looks awesome and is one of my favorite shinies, when I could really care less about Elgyem. Still, I'm hunting on the top floor because of Axiom 22. If I hunted on the bottom floor and got Litwick, I could then never hunt for Elgyem without risking getting another shiny Litwick, which I had already exclusively hunted before. I would either have to risk another Litwick or hatch for Elgyem, which takes much longer than just wild encounters. By searching on the top floor, I still have a chance of getting Litwick, which is the same result as the other situation, but just with different possibilities. It's also possible that I could get a shiny Elgyem, and then I could hunt on the bottom floor for Litwick without risk of a duplicate. Then I'd have both shinies without any wasted time, and that's the best case scenario.

Of course, that's assuming you're a shiny hunter. If you just want Litwick and that's the only shiny you care about getting, by all means hunt in a place where only Litwick is found, since all the Elgyem encounters would be wasting your time. But if you're like me and have the impossible goal of eventually getting every shiny, you'll want to follow the manual. :)

Landorus, those are really awesome pictures! I love them. It's really cool that on Gardevoir, Wobbuffet, Oddish, and Darumaka, highlighting the picture will show the non-shiny version. It doesn't work on some computers, though; I think it depends on how your computer highlights text. If the highlighted text is blue, it should work, but white highlights don't seem to reveal the non-shiny version.

EDIT: ShinyDoug ninja'd me! :O

Congrats on the Snivy!! It looks really cool! It seems like that hunt didn't take too long, so that makes it all the better! You're really lucky!
Thanks and I have pokemon white so I guess i'm going and shiny bltizle hunting (crazy audinos) or a venipede...no venipede it just looks.Druddigon then :P

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
3000th SR on shiny rayquaza and no luck so far... but I believe I can get it soon :)

Since I still haven't used my master ball on my SS, I think this will be the perfect time to use it :D

On a small side note, I think I'll switch over to playing BW after I get this shiny. pokedex is almost complete on my SS: 490 caught, only 3 that I haven't caught are rayquaza, shaymin, and magikarp (the latter I'm going to get it last on purpose)

Doubles

Years
Update: I am now going shiny hunting in Pinwheel forest because it seems shinys are born there for some odd reason wish me luck
P.S. going after Pansage and Pansear

Well i'll have to do shiny hunting after Sea World

Update: My shiny pansage and pansear search is still on going right now lots of pansage no shinys yet T.T but I won't give up (first time)

Update: My shiny pansage and pansear search is still on going right now lots of pansage no shinys yet T.T but I won't give up (first time)

Last edited:

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Ok, so while SRing for a shiny starter on Soul Silver, I started up Heart Gold to play through the story again.
On the first route of the game on my way to Cherrygrove City, I ran into a shiny Hoothoot.
Unfortunately, this was before I had access to Pokeballs. >_< So no shiny Hoothoot for me. :(
I guess you can image how angry I was. :P

But, yeah, other than that, I think I might give up on the SRing for a shiny starter, I don't really like any of the shiny Johto starters, anyway. But I'll SR for the other soft resettable ones, like Lugia, Ho-Oh, etc.
So good luck on your hunts, everyone!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
-RULE UPDATE-
For further reference, just to make some members happy, all discussion of the new GTS glitch [Keldeo, Genesect, and Meloetta] will now be considered discussion cheats and will get you an automatic strike as the Pokemon you get from it are in fact not legit.

Doubles

Years
K I may not know what that is but i'll do as you say...Update:going back to trying to hatch that special cottonee and since my condo has no nintendo wi-fi i'll have to use Fluffe (pokemon white petill trade) as my egg maker so it'll be MUCH harder no M method T.T wish me luck

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
K I may not know what that is but i'll do as you say...Update:going back to trying to hatch that special cottonee and since my condo has no nintendo wi-fi i'll have to use Fluffe (pokemon white petill trade) as my egg maker so it'll be MUCH harder no M method T.T wish me luck
Please stop changing your hunts every few hours and posting about it. If you change your hunt so much and you have nothing else to say, please just edit your last post. Just..add more to your posts please, when all you're doing is posting about changing your goal.

Good luck on all your hunts.

Oh, and I did a recolor again! I love Jirachi! One of my favorite Pokemon.

sc8ho1.png

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I have a question...

what's masuda method? I've seen many people mention it and several days ago even my friend said he got a shiny ralts via "masuda method"... heard that it increases chance of getting a shiny but IDK what it actually is...

Back