• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
Years
Wonder Trade Challenge-
This can only be done in X/Y

-Capture 6 pokemon as soon as you can, trade them all off and for the pokemon you get in return is your team for the rest of the game.
-Enjoy

We've been discussing this on this whole page basically...lol

Yeah, That was me that posted it and made the thread waiting for it to be accepted.

Reactions: Jak

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I have three celebrations based mostly on the artifacts and symbols of each holiday.

Christmas
(Tree Decorations)

1) Tree - Any pokemon resembling or growing tree/branches.
Exeggutor, Sudowoodo, Shiftry, Abomasnow, Torterra, Sawsbuck, Chestnaught, and Trevenant

2) Garland - Any Flower-Bearing Pokemon. Must learn Petal Dance or Petal Blizzard.
Venusaur, Bellosom, Jumpluff, Sunflora, Roserade, Cherrim, Maractus, Meganium, Vileplume, Florges, Lilligant

3) Tinsel - Any Serpetine-bodied Pokemon
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...ody_style#Pok.C3.A9mon_with_serpentine_bodies

4) Lights - Any electric pokemon.

5) Bulb Ornaments - Any Pokémon consisting of only a head

Shellder, Cloyster, Gastly, Voltorb. Electrode, Koffing, Ditto, Sunkern, Misdreavus, Unown, Pineco, Forretress, Silcoon, Cascoon, Lunatone, Solrock, Castform, Shuppet, Glalie, Clamperl, Mismagius, Bronzor, Rotom, Whirlipede, Cottonee, Solosion, Duosion, Ferroseed, Cryogonal, Shelmet, Carbink, Klefki.

6) Angel Topper- Any fairy pokemon (Fairy type XY or fairy egg group other generations).

Kwanza
(The 7 Symbols)

1) Mazao (The Crops) - Pokemon that grow vegetation.
Exeggutor (coconuts), Sunflora (sunflower seeds) Amoongus (Mushroom), Parasect (Mushroom), Breloom (Mushroom), Tropius (Bananas), Torterra (seeds), Snover/Abomasnow, (snoverberries), Cherrim (Cherry), Gourgeist (Pumpkin), Chestnaught (Chestnuts).

2) Kinara (The Candles Holders) - Any flamed pokemon.
Charizard, Rapidash, Magcargo, Magmortar, Typhlosion, Infernape, Darmatian, Emboar, Pyroar, Chandelure.

3) Mkeka (The Mat) - Greninja (Mat Block)
Previous gens, any pokemon that learns reflect, barrier, or light screen by level-up.

4) Bendera (The flag) - Yanmega, Basculin, Flygon, Xatu, Cradily, Reuniclus, Siglyph, Tyranitar, Vivillion (Archipelago and Garden Patterns), Gogoat, Florges (Red), Hawlucha, and Trevenant. (Have a red, green, black component to color palette.)

5) Zawadi (The Gifts) - Gift Pokemon, gifted fossil, or in-game trade.

6) Kikombe cha Umoja - (The Unity Cup) - Pokemon must have the ability rain dish, sap sipper, or hydration.

Hanukkah
(Festival of Lights)

1) Menora - Any flamed pokemon.
Charizard, Rapidash, Magmortar, Magcargo, Typhlosion, Infernape, Darmatian, Emboar, Pyroar, and Chandelure.

2) Dreidel - Pokemon must learn Rapid Spin or Triple kick.

3) Star of David - Starmie, Crawdaunt, Solrock, Luxray, Volcarona, Geninja, Furfrou (Star Trim Only)
Must learn either swift, cosmic power, sunny day, flash, or water shuriken

4) Jelly-Filled Doughnuts - Exeggutor (eggs), Chansey/Blissey (eggs), Togetic/Togekiss (Eggs), Miltank (milk), Ludicolo (fruit), Tropius (fruit), Cherrim (fruit), Snover/Abomasnow (fruit), Vanilluxe (Cream), Slurpuff (Sugar), Gogoat (milk drink)

5) All work is forbidden - One pokemon must learn rest or slack-off by level-up/breeding.

6) Blue and White/Silver - Blastoise, Nidoqueen, Poliwrath, Lapras, Kingdra, Jumpluff, Azumarill, Gyarados, Dragonair, Vaporeon, Heracross, Swanna, Medite, Pelipper, Glalie, Altaria, Wailord, Walrein, Rampardos, Lucario, Samurott, Crygonal, Simipour, Jellicent (male), Beartic, Swoobat, Vanilluxe, Froslass, Pachirisu, Meowstic, Greninja, Aurorus,

Some of these examples are loosely based on concept. For example, Staryu/Starmie (barring legendaries such as Jirachi), are the only star pokemon. However, the other pokemon listed have a star design or are based on the sun (a star) or constellations. Allowing for the participant to be able to participate in a challenge using the game version of their choice. Otherwise, the challenge would be too restrictive and everyone would be using the same pokemon.

Also, I tried doing this quickly, so I didn't get all of the pre-evolution options up here.

That sounds cool! To be different, people could run the challenge depending on which holiday they celebrate :)

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
I like what Fenneking has up so far. I'll look into it more. I'm on a break for the week, but I have free time rn and just wanted to pop in...on an alt, naturally. But yeah! Also, for future reference, if you want to come up with ideas that don't clash with previous events, especially for the ones that are for the same holiday/occasion, the FAQ has a list of all previous events with links to their threads, so you can review them there. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, That was me that posted it and made the thread waiting for it to be accepted.

Do you plan on posting it soon? I don't see it waiting for approval and I have like...4 Wonder Trade-esque challenges sitting here waiting on approval, and it's getting a bit tiring telling people that someone else is making it and it's not there yet. If you submitted it and I missed it, let me know. I have 13 challenges currently waiting on approval as I type this... ~_~ I'm never taking a break again, lmao.

edit: I'M SO SICK OF LOCKE VARIANTS SOME OF YOU ARE TRYING TO DRIVE ME MAD :(((((

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

it's even more depressing to think if the people involved are even visiting the unapproved challenges thread and reading the comments or not :(

...heck, it's even questionable for this thread. Hang in there, Syd.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
it's even more depressing to think if the people involved are even visiting the unapproved challenges thread and reading the comments or not

I think what happens is that people just join and see this forum and think they have an amazing original idea and they think they're some sort of special snowflake, so they submit the thread without reading the rules, FAQ, or even understanding that the forum requires thread approval...and then they never come back to even read that their challenge was unapproved. :P It's silly, but that's my theory, cause a lot of the ones that don't get approved are from people that have just joined, aren't regulars, or I never see them again.

You can do it Syd. You're a great mod, ever tried getting help for another mod helping you out for the challenge thread?

Checking everyday usually keeps it tame, but I was gone for a week and none of the other staff members really get how things are run in here, so they just leave it alone, even though some of them could text me if they had a question...so that piled on a ton of threads to check. It's no big deal though, just the largest amount I've ever come back to. XD The previous champion was 8 threads after being in London for a week.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Well, they work you too hard, Syd >.< they should take some of your sections and get new mods for them x.x

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It was a challenge about using a level 1 Magikarp. Even if you wanna do that, there's a solo challenge thread, so...yeah. I've gotten plenty of similar threads before. "use only your starter" "beat the game with caterpie" NO. YOU USE THE SOLO THREAD LIKE THE REST OF US.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Reminds me of the April Fool's day challenge that you gave us xD

Use only fishies Pokemon and not allowed to evolve and people actually signed up LOL! xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I FELT SO BAD THAT PEOPLE SIGNED UP FOR THAT OMG. I did that prank, but with a MUCH more difficult and bizarre ruleset back in 2011 and no one bought it. Like it was obviously a prank. BUT THAT ONE. I felt terrible. XD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I saw the challenge and it popped up during April Fool's day, I was like 'Hmm.. something's fishy about this challenge) (No pun intended)

But the lucky ones to sign up got rewarded for an emblem for their crazy braveness to tackle on the challenge! LOL

Imagine someone actually finished the challenge before you announced that it was a prank LOL!

Btw, what did you do back in 2011? :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Regarding the Sailor Moon Challenge would it be okay to use a Mamoswine if I went the Sailor Neptune route since the sheet said I could use Ice types but it only fits under full evolutions at best.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
But the lucky ones to sign up got rewarded for an emblem for their crazy braveness to tackle on the challenge! LOL

really?
o.o
I got no emblem and I spent an entire night doing it Q.Q still have it on my phone .-.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Regarding the Sailor Moon Challenge would it be okay to use a Mamoswine if I went the Sailor Neptune route since the sheet said I could use Ice types but it only fits under full evolutions at best.

You're better off asking in the thread, or VMing Sooyun directly for that one.

And no, there wasn't an emblem for that one, haha. I don't think so anyway...unless I forgot about it. I don't think so, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back