• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] [HIATUS] Pokémon Delta Emerald

Franzo

Developing something...
Years
  • Age 28
  • ???
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
Pokeacutemon%20Delta%20Emerald.png

Developed by Franzo using Pokémon Essentials

Hi, I'm Franzo (in other places I may go by the name Noodles/Farlon.) I've been working on this game, on and off (more off than on) since late 2013. At the moment I've been working alone using resources from various people. The game is only currently up to the 2nd gym and I hope to get a demo out a bit before the 3rd.

Five years after the final events of Pokémon Emerald, you (the hero), are finally old enough to get your very first Pokémon. Your cousin (Wally) has taken time out of his Gym Leader Schedule to help you visit the local Pokémon Proffessor. After receiving your Pokémon you are asked, by Proffessor Rayner, to go visit Captain Stern in Slateport and deliver a letter. Things get strange when you run into a gang member using a genetically engineered Pokémon to rob other trainer's Pokémon. It's soon revealed that these Pokémon have been found all across the world. This doesn't stop you from continuing on your journey but will it become a problem in the future? And when will the gang of thieves appear again?

The engineered Pokémon, named "The Delta Species", will show up along your journey, some you may be able to catch, some may be a challenge and some will cause changes to the whole environment as we know.

A cousin of the Gym Leader Wally, you start your journey as a Pokémon Trainer in Verdanturf Town.
Proffessor /Gym Leader Rayner
Rayner.png

A Pokémon Researcher who took over the Electric Mauville gym recently. She is also a leading researcher on the Delta Species.
Gym Leader Wally
Wally.png

Your close cousin who began his journey five years prior. He currently stays in Rustboro where he is a Psychic Gym Leader there.

witw & sphericalice - Pokeball Sprites (FRLG)
waudby, redzagoon, casquall - Bag Screen (FRLG)
King Poliwhirl - Ripped Sprites
Coronis - Custom Trainers
Luka SJ - Title Screen Script
Cast - (FRLG) overworld variants
rafa-cac & LogiedanT-T - Overworld Items
KisiroKitsune - Rival Sprite
Spherical Ice - (FRLG) Tiles
KleinStudio - Scripts

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Firstly I'd like to say this looks really interesting. Delta Pokemon are one of my favorite features that seem to be becoming a lot more popular in these games and it's awesome to see. I loved Pokemon Emerald and it looks like you're making it even more fun. Love the Hidden Grotto and Quest additions, too.

I will certainly be keeping an eye on this one and can't wait to play the Demo. Hope there are a good amount of Deltas.

Good luck with this. You have a supporter in me.

Franzo

Developing something...
Years
  • Age 28
  • ???
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
Firstly I'd like to say this looks really interesting. Delta Pokemon are one of my favorite features that seem to be becoming a lot more popular in these games and it's awesome to see. I loved Pokemon Emerald and it looks like you're making it even more fun. Love the Hidden Grotto and Quest additions, too.

I will certainly be keeping an eye on this one and can't wait to play the Demo. Hope there are a good amount of Deltas.

Good luck with this. You have a supporter in me.

Thanks, I too really like the concept of Delta Pokémon. I'll hopefully have a demo out by August.
Updated the main post with some examples of the Delta Pokémon you can find.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
Hmm... I'll be looking forward to hearing progress from this project. I'm particularly curious about how you'll tackle the Hoenn region now that ORAS are out. Best of luck to you!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
The concept of the game is interesting, I'm glad it's not a full remake but I'm waiting to see more!

Raoul_D

Dusclopsian Game Tester
Years
I really like the fact that starter choice is free type, the game summary so far has piqued my interest, so I may end up trying to break it for you to fix it

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
...You can pick your starter? That's the most awesome thing I've seen. I do like the new delta Pokemon, too.

Years
Finally a game that uses gen 3 graphics on the pokemon! Thanks a lot and i'm really looking forward to this game! ^_^

Pokelover66

Singo Region Champion
Years
Awesome fan game, dude! I'm loving the screens!
Would it be alright for me to test out the current version?

I Support!
a.png

Franzo

Developing something...
Years
  • Age 28
  • ???
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
Thanks for all the comments guys! Work is a bit slow, taking some time to do a side project. Clears my head a bit.
Hear is a small screenshot for you.
Gym%20Leader%201.png

Awesome fan game, dude! I'm loving the screens!
Would it be alright for me to test out the current version?

Maybe nearer the demo release time. At the moment I have some friends testing things out.

Senyu

Pokemon Exordium Creator
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 21, 2018
Screenshots all look very nice so far. How many Delta Pokemon will there actually be approximately?

Pokelover66

Singo Region Champion
Years
Thanks for all the comments guys! Work is a bit slow, taking some time to do a side project. Clears my head a bit.
Hear is a small screenshot for you.
Gym%20Leader%201.png

Maybe nearer the demo release time. At the moment I have some friends testing things out.
Kk! I love how you made the double badge case! How did you do that!?

Back