• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
For whatever reason I don't particularly find myself interested in Pokemon RPs that effectively toss out pokemon lore. I like pokemon themed RPs, and I like original themed RPs, but somehow when they're combined my interest levels plummet.

...Kind of like scifi and fantasy. ;o

Anyway, I'll be waiting to see what Jaffersin does with this TF2 RP before I give an opinion. Not enough info has been given to give a fair judgement. |3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
For whatever reason I don't particularly find myself interested in Pokemon RPs that effectively toss out pokemon lore. I like pokemon themed RPs, and I like original themed RPs, but somehow when they're combined my interest levels plummet.

...Kind of like scifi and fantasy. ;o

Anyway, I'll be waiting to see what Jaffersin does with this TF2 RP before I give an opinion. Not enough info has been given to give a fair judgement. |3

Tbh I'm pretty much the opposite haha, I actually like RPs that experiment with the whole concept of Pokemon. Mainly because I feel that any simple Pokemon themed RP can be played out in some hack haha. (excluding the interaction part of course)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hmm, I was lurking around past RPs and I wanted to ask if it's alright to revive a dead RP. I found one that caught my eye and I wanted an opinion on it before I go ahead and well, revive it. I'm pretty sure I'll have to ask permission from the original GM.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yeah, you do have to ask permission. If they have been inactive for the past month, I'm okay with you reviving it without permission.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Awesome! Then I guess I won't require permission to revive this RP then? :D My original idea was to make a Pokemon-Related Hunger Games RP, until I did a search and found this one. I'll try my best to get this revived and make it perfect! ^_^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah, you do have to ask permission. If they have been inactive for the past month, I'm okay with you reviving it without permission.

Really? :/ If that would have been me, having been inactive for some time for whatever reason, I'd be really annoyed with someone stealing my plot without my permission.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Awesome! Then I guess I won't require permission to revive this RP then? :D My original idea was to make a Pokemon-Related Hunger Games RP, until I did a search and found this one. I'll try my best to get this revived and make it perfect! ^_^

I think it'd probably be better if you created a new one, no?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Really? :/ If that would have been me, having been inactive for some time for whatever reason, I'd be really annoyed with someone stealing my plot without my permission.
Of course, you'd have to properly credit the original creator.

And yeah Meg, you'd need permission; that person hasn't been inactive for quite a month yet.

EDIT: When I say revived, I mean like... a revamp. New thread, fresh take on it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, if she just wants to make a Hunger Games / Pokémon crossover, I don't think the GM of that old RP has monopoly on that idea :3 it that was so, someone could claim that jackblaze/Yellow stole their idea of a pokémon academy too and whatnot. xD

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Of course, you'd have to properly credit the original creator.

And yeah Meg, you'd need permission; that person hasn't been inactive for quite a month yet.

EDIT: When I say revived, I mean like... a revamp. New thread, fresh take on it.

Like the Gijinka Academy, I guess.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
You'd be surprised how many people have similar ideas. I used to RP on a forum which took certain characters from mythology and warped them a little, when discussing it with someone I met at uni I found out that we had both done very similar things with the same characters, even though her RPs had taken place at completely different times to mine/ with different people (I checked we weren't a part of the same forum XD).

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hello everyone!

This post is to advertise for Hyrus, a Medieval RP set in an original world, GMed by myself and Raikiri. We are looking for devoted RPers to join in. Feel free to take a look, and sign up if you wish!

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
Hi, I'm advertising Pokemon - Team Akuma Rises, an RP by my myself and Sapphire, please take a look at the OOC!

@Supervageta Hyrus, Hyrule?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
HEY GUYS!! THERE'S A WEEK LEFT IN THE RPAS!! GET YOUR NOMINATIONS IN, Y'HEAR?!

Also reminding everyone, make sure you write your short paragraph on why a member deserves that nomination (look at Greiger's for an example). Without it, your nomination will not be taken into consideration, as well as any that are "i think its good because its good".

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
HEY GUYS!! THERE'S A WEEK LEFT IN THE RPAS!! GET YOUR NOMINATIONS IN, Y'HEAR?!

Also reminding everyone, make sure you write your short paragraph on why a member deserves that nomination (look at Greiger's for an example). Without it, your nomination will not be taken into consideration, as well as any that are "i think its good because its good".
Silly Skymin, everyone knows that the best reason something can be good is because it's good q:. Actual reasons are unnecessary, because being good is the best reason.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Just a question, if you were planning to Co-GM a RP with someone and they go inactive, are you allowed to continue the process without them, or do you wait for their return?

I'm pretty sure you can go on. I mean, it's one of the good points of having a co Gm, isn't it? If one of you is unable to get on PC anymore, the other can take over and control the RP.

This happened to me with my Percy Jackson RP a few months ago, my friend who was also the co GM of this RP had o leave PC for personal reasons so I had decided to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back