• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I guess it would depend...I mean, there are banks in the Mystery Dungeon games, so I suppose it couldn't hurt? n_n It's a nice idea nonetheless~!

I mean, thinking about it, a bank would have to be there in case you would lose your money, and in the main games, it's pretty damn hard to lose your money except when you lose and whit out(and even then, I think you only lose a small portion of it? I don't remember), so I don't think having one would serve that much of a purpose. u_u

It used to be a lot easier to use all your money, but after B2W2, that never happens anymore. I remember how in G/S/C, I'd always use the money I saved with mum to buy the healing items for the E4.

vaporeon7

Years
That's more or less inevitable though, if you really wanted to be prepared for the E4 and if you had underleveled Pokemon/Pokemon that were around the level of the E4 though, because I used to(and actually still do) the very same thing myself. Whenever I got to the end of Victory Road, I would spend a ridiculous amount on Full Restores and Full Heals and basically be broke afterwards until I beat the E4 u__u.

Though I suppose that's why the Amulet Coin as well as a certain Incense(I don't remember which one) exists, so it's easier to make more money, which means it would be harder to really spend it all.

The Luck Incense and Amulet Coin were too easy to obtain in my opinion. In B2W2, I would I a Lucky Egg on one Pokémon and those items on the rest. I quickly had an abundance of money.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Hmm as for the bank idea. It could be easily executed by incorporating electronic banking. Your trainer card could double as both your ID and bank card so whenever you win/lose a battle you automatically gain/lose money.....actually that sounds like I just came up with some head canon

But yea, at the beginning of the game you could sign up for your bank to receive a percentage of your winnings in a Savings account. Even though this will never happen ;_;

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I think it'd be neat to see it being used...although i don't know about it being an HM.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I don't think it would have to be an HM again, because Dive is pretty useless outside of going underwater, so yeah. XD;

I guess it could be sort of like Rock Smash and Flash where they used to be HM's but now are simply just TM's that can be used outside of battle.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
:0 that'd be a great idea. Although not a variety in the sky haha except for flying types

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
YES! That's the first thing I thought of when flying around was mentioned. Though I never played Guardian signs entirely so I only remember the intro of your character riding a Staraptor.

@twilight sky: I did love digging around for fossils and stuff. It was like a nice little mini-game. Nah, you're not asking for too much!

vaporeon7

Years
YES! That's the first thing I thought of when flying around was mentioned. Though I never played Guardian signs entirely so I only remember the intro of your character riding a Staraptor.

@twilight sky: I did love digging around for fossils and stuff. It was like a nice little mini-game. Nah, you're not asking for too much!

Basically you could control where you flew to, and you could encounter Pokémon in the sky. It was great!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Does it feel like forever since Nintendo said anything about Pokemon? It has been like a month with no new info. I would lake to see 1 or 2 little spoilers a month till October.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Uhh there's speculation that we'll get news in the upcoming weeks but idk much about that.

Basically you could control where you flew to, and you could encounter Pokémon in the sky. It was great!

OH cool. This is the game with the pichu that plays an ukulele right? I never got to actual exploration in the sky. I wish the main series games would incorporate some ideas from the side games.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
We should be getting some scans from CoroCoro sometime next week or so?? Around there, someone can correct me on that. @_@

I believe this is correct yea. At least that's what I heard in some other sites.

Years
We should be getting some scans from CoroCoro sometime next week or so?? Around there, someone can correct me on that. @_@

Awesome, can't wait for new details. It's now a month since the announcement from Satoru Iwata went live.

Maybe they might reveal some Gym Leaders or new Pokemon or something?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No guarantee that we'll get anything from CoroCoro since they news won't be region specific anymore. If they release news it'll most likely be done at the same point and time. Even of they did a Pokemon Smash episode, we'd know about any new details roughly the same day with the international Pokemon websites.

I believe the same for Coro Coro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back