• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guide to add new Pokemon without replacing, the easy way

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
ummmm it shows the number instead of name
in A-Starter and it gets freezed when i pick it for a starter

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
This is yellow journalism, or yellow hacking. XD I did come into this tread with a preconceived notion that I would not be adding new pokemon. To my dismay, I was right. You are still replacing, your just replacing the "?" pokemon. What about the hackers who already replaced all the "?" pokemons. D:

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
ummmm it shows the number instead of name
in A-Starter and it gets freezed when i pick it for a starter
I don't know how to fix this, if anyone else does then please help.
This is yellow journalism, or yellow hacking. XD I did come into this tread with a preconceived notion that I would not be adding new pokemon. To my dismay, I was right. You are still replacing, your just replacing the "?" pokemon. What about the hackers who already replaced all the "?" pokemons. D:
If you already replaced them then your pretty much screwed.

legoone

pepe
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
ty

i had it work for me :).i will give credit for this tut im a noob at this

Attachments

• Pokémon FireRed.png
    Pokémon FireRed.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 77
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Can I use this tutorial to replace a sprite? Like say I want to replace Bulbasuar or Metapod? Can I do that with this?

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2014
When I open my rom onto APSE, it says ''The rom is not compatible with any files in the INIs folder'' Does anyone know how to stop this?

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
can it be more than 64x64? cuz some pokemon are

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
Yes, it can be difficult to do it well. There are a few downloads Rom hacking resources that have indexed platinum sprites, try checking there.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
I followed the steps, but whenever I try to catch my created pokemon, it says "added data to pokedex", and then the rom restarts. Help please!

Last edited:

supersoursky

Co-Leader of Dark Illusion
Years
dude it freezes when you catch the certain pokemon coz you need to edit the pokedex entry,is there a way to edit this?

xGal

Mhm
Years
Technicly, it's replacing... Also, if someone wants to add a pokémon without replacing, it's pretty obvious he will go to the "?"s.
By the way, I'd suggest you to add a part where you repoint the cry of a Pokémon, which is actually pretty simple. If I am not wrong, just search a free space, import a WAV with sappy, rememmber the location of the new inserted sprite, go to a hex editor, let's say the cry's offset is 747474, you search for "74747408", and then you replace the "747474" with the free space we used to import the new cry with sappy.

A mini-tutorial xD

Years
Is it possible to add new NPCs as well?
Here we have the addition of a Pokemon, but I'd like to add an NPC sprite without having to replace/edit an already existing sprite. I can't find any information on it. D:

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2017
Can I use this new Pokemon as an evolution for an exsisting or fully-evolved Pokemon (ex. Charizard, Beedrill, Machamp, etc...)? I tried to do this with Charizard by using YAPE to make Charizard evolve into Mr. Mime with a Sun Stone but have had no luck.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Can I use this new Pokemon as an evolution for an exsisting or fully-evolved Pokemon (ex. Charizard, Beedrill, Machamp, etc...)? I tried to do this with Charizard by using YAPE to make Charizard evolve into Mr. Mime with a Sun Stone but have had no luck.

This thread is outdated, use G3HS to expand PKMN and add new evolutions.

ilanmelamed

Project pokemon: Minimi, Demimanimi. Manimi. MANIM
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 2, 2017
My pokemon's evolve doesn't works, it's glitched WHAT TO DO???

Back