Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Reload this Page The Football Discussion Thread!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old 3 Weeks Ago (01:21 PM).
SOLDIER 1st Class
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Maybe Arsenal could've tried getting Song back? I mean he's not that bad of a DM and he played good for them while he was there.

"
How about one date?"
~Zack Fair,
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII
Old 3 Weeks Ago (01:40 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Arx:
Maybe Arsenal could've tried getting Song back? I mean he's not that bad of a DM and he played good for them while he was there.
:/ That'd be almost as bad as bringing back the likes of Samir Nasri, Ashley cole, or RVP...no thanks
Old 3 Weeks Ago (04:42 PM).

Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Shak:
I'm a big fan of Walcott, and a firm believer that he can fire us to the title if he stays fit next season. ~Granted I did say I believed Sanogo would score 5+ goals last season~
I like Walcott to an extent and I do think he has the potential for a big scoring season, but it's hard for me to justify that wage based on what he has done so far. It would certainly be interesting to see if he left if he did have a major scoring season.

Man United have wasted no time with this kit launch for a kit we have seen months in advance. Sponsored ads on Twitter & Facebook, it's everywhere!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (06:55 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by TurkishDelight.
'errything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Arx:
I think that while it's logical that people will link us with a return for Song, it just isn't a good move on our behalf. He's pretty thoroughly overrated, poor positioning and he is very tactically indisciplined which are the two most vital traits a defensive midfielder can have. He grew a little too big for his boots at Arsenal too, he progressively thought he was our key player. Demanding a new contract when he'd only recently signed one is pretty ridiculous honestly.
Quote originally posted by Nuke:
I like Walcott to an extent and I do think he has the potential for a big scoring season, but it's hard for me to justify that wage based on what he has done so far. It would certainly be interesting to see if he left if he did have a major scoring season.

Man United have wasted no time with this kit launch for a kit we have seen months in advance. Sponsored ads on Twitter & Facebook, it's everywhere!
I think that Walcott gets a raw deal as far as neutrals go! He's always been made out to not have a footballing brain, which is ridiculous! He's improved so much since when we signed him as a youngster. I think that if he hadn't been injured against Spurs in 2013/14 we would have gone on to win the league, he was our only pacey outlet and it allowed teams to defend against us easier. I scoffed when I seen the £140k wages too, but the fact you said he hasn't played much in the last 2 seasons in a previous post isn't really fair. He's had a major injury that took a lot of rehab. He looked really sharp at the end of the season and I think he'll repay Wenger's faith. In having him and Giroud rotating upfront, depending on the opposition, we should be able to take down a lot of teams, I'm all in favour for the extension. He's joint top-earner with Ozil and Alexis too, but it's likely they'll get improvements soon too.

- -

Old 3 Weeks Ago (06:52 AM).

Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by TurkishDelight:
I think that Walcott gets a raw deal as far as neutrals go! He's always been made out to not have a footballing brain, which is ridiculous! He's improved so much since when we signed him as a youngster. I think that if he hadn't been injured against Spurs in 2013/14 we would have gone on to win the league, he was our only pacey outlet and it allowed teams to defend against us easier. I scoffed when I seen the £140k wages too, but the fact you said he hasn't played much in the last 2 seasons in a previous post isn't really fair. He's had a major injury that took a lot of rehab. He looked really sharp at the end of the season and I think he'll repay Wenger's faith. In having him and Giroud rotating upfront, depending on the opposition, we should be able to take down a lot of teams, I'm all in favour for the extension. He's joint top-earner with Ozil and Alexis too, but it's likely they'll get improvements soon too.
Well I wasn't trying to suggest he was a poor player, just not worth those wages especially coming off of those seasons were he has struggled with injuries. Hopefully he will prove me wrong, it would be good for him to have a good season going into the Euros.

Excellent strike from the Ox. Arsenal looking reasonably good so far despite Chelsea looking organised at the beginning.

Did anyone watch the Women's FA Cup Final yesterday? Aluko looked like a very special player which surprised me after she didn't play too much at the World Cup. Notts County were lucky that their injured keeper wasn't challenged too often.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (07:09 AM).

I am AS Roma supporter, hope we'll do good this year :/
Old 2 Weeks Ago (07:47 PM).

Very scruffy match but we got the 3 points in the end thanks to that goal from Coutinho.
Defence was fine, but need to be better going forward.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (01:26 AM).
Mad, Bad and Dangerous To Know

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Luck Hax
So proud of Liverpool yesterday. __

We improved on our score by 6-0! (still sour about last year) This is a sign that all Liverpool fans are going to get hyped about a title challenge until our away fixtures give us a knock or few. Though I reckon if we can take maybe 9 points from our next 6 away fixtures and not do anything stupid in the home games we could really be in business for a CL spot.
Sarcasm, its what social able people have, you know wen you go out and meet chicks just not on forums 1,000,000 miles away from you and you ask them what color underwear they have. - Aristotle, 355 B.C

me irl
Old 2 Weeks Ago (02:01 AM).

Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Jeyz123:
I am AS Roma supporter, hope we'll do good this year :/
I'm sure most Serie A watchers are hoping that too. If Juve win by 15+ points again then obviously it's bad for the league. Even though both Milan teams have made some interesting recruits, they will probably be too far behind again.

I can't really comment on Liverpool because I have only seen the Coutinho goal, but aside from that I heard they were a bit disappointing. It's a good result for them because I think Stoke's signings are great and obviously 'Pool had to get over last season's result too.

We got off to a slow start with a draw against newly promoted Preston. They were pretty organised so they should stay up if they can keep that going. We still need some signings and a small change at centre midfield, but we will probably be fine. Nugent (who we're reported to be in for today) will be a good start and a lot cheaper than other targets.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (02:30 AM).
Let the man be born
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
My main team is Chelsea, with my second team being Lazio.

With Lazio, I have no idea how their season will turn out. 3rd was a huge improvement from the season before when we didn't even get into European football, and now were in the UCL Qualifying Play-Off. The only outstanding signing made of summer has been Kishna from Ajax, who is young with bags of ability and potential, and I think it was said we are not signing anymore players this window. Our pre-season was pretty damn awful, lost most of our games even though we should've won from the chances we had but couldn't tuck away. It would be nice for Lazio to have a bit of consistency with their placing each season, so as long as we finish at least 4th I'll be happy.

With Chelsea, not exactly the start we wanted. Pre season wasn't the greatest and we played the game against Swansea how we were playing in pre season. No one was great, Courtois sent off, we were poor. It was sad to see us perform like that at home against Swansea and it doesn't give us too much hope for Man City away next game.

I think Stoke and Norwich were really unlucky not to get a point. Stoke probably deserved the point and Norwich could've arguably had 3. Cameron's goal, in my eyes, should've stood and Grabban had to be putting that in to the open net from a few yards out. If they defended better, a goal or two might have been prevented.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (09:57 AM).

My 1st team is Tottenham Hotspurs... (Actually my 1st team is PAOK from Greece cause i am from Greece.)
We didn't start so well at the 1st fixture of BPL. We lost to Man. United from Walker's Own goal.
I think our goal is to finish at the top 4 of BPL.
Now my second team is Lazio,just like the guy above me.
I hope that we will qualify to Champions League group stage. We will play against Bayer leverkuzen.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:03 PM).

We played really well in our opening fixture, completely outplayed Villa in the first half and really should of scored a couple of goals but couldnt (nerves)
Clearly Villa were much better in the second half and took their chance when it came and that is probably the difference between Championship and Premier League you need to finish chances or you get punished.

Old 1 Week Ago (09:55 PM).

Do you guys play the Fantasy Premier League? I renewed last year's PokeCommunity league and there's only 3 people there now.
The league code is 2230894-607254.
Old 1 Week Ago (04:32 AM).

Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by tittlemouse:
We played really well in our opening fixture, completely outplayed Villa in the first half and really should of scored a couple of goals but couldnt (nerves)
Clearly Villa were much better in the second half and took their chance when it came and that is probably the difference between Championship and Premier League you need to finish chances or you get punished.
Are you excited by the arrival of Mr Tomlin?

Quote originally posted by Banz:
Do you guys play the Fantasy Premier League? I renewed last year's PokeCommunity league and there's only 3 people there now.
The league code is 2230894-607254.
I have entered a team now and it automatically put me in the league. I suppose I'll be one GW worth of points down, but oh well. Hopefully I will remember to check it this season, but the app costing £1.50 isn't helping matters.
Old 1 Week Ago (02:33 AM).

Quote originally posted by Nuke:
I suppose I'll be one GW worth of points down, but oh well.
No, the league starts from this week. I forgot to renew it before the first matchday.
Old 1 Week Ago (04:04 AM).
Mad, Bad and Dangerous To Know

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Luck Hax
https://twitter.com/BreatheSport/status/632516698361434112

Lukaku making a pretty good gesture right there. Good example to set to a fair few players out there I think!

I'll join the league.
Sarcasm, its what social able people have, you know wen you go out and meet chicks just not on forums 1,000,000 miles away from you and you ask them what color underwear they have. - Aristotle, 355 B.C

me irl
Old 1 Week Ago (01:25 AM).

Gold Tier

Leicester have earned 28 points from their last available 33. I'll hold my hands up and say I expected Ranieri to fail, but they're carrying on from last year so far. Before the season started, I thought this was going to be a strong season for the league as a whole because so many midtable sides signed quality players so I guess if Leicester are doing well then it's even stronger.

Great win for Boro yesterday, but Bolton are easily the worst side I have seen at the Riverside in recent memory. Their substitute Zach Clough looked like a bright spark, but if their team keep playing like that then they have no chance of avoiding relegation.

Quote originally posted by Banz:
No, the league starts from this week. I forgot to renew it before the first matchday.
Awesome, though I'm already at the bottom despite that. :P

Quote originally posted by Luck Hax:
https://twitter.com/BreatheSport/status/632516698361434112

Lukaku making a pretty good gesture right there. Good example to set to a fair few players out there I think!

I'll join the league. :)
I saw this and it was very nice of Lukaku to do that. He is lucky he has a manager like Martinez on this occasion though, I'm sure Mourinho would blast him for wasting warm up time.
Old 4 Days Ago (05:15 PM).

Lots of draws yesterday. Good to see everyone dropping points.
Old 2 Days Ago (04:56 AM).
╭━━╮╱╱╭━ ╱╱╱╱╭╮╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╭╮

Nature: Calm
It's really unbelievable how Liverpool - Arsenal finished in a goalless draw. I think Coutinho's performances were great, amazing individual skill and vision.

Old 2 Days Ago (05:44 AM).

Quote originally posted by Infinitum:
It's really unbelievable how Liverpool - Arsenal finished in a goalless draw. I think Coutinho's performances were great, amazing individual skill and vision.
I don't know to explain how it ended 0-0. For starters, Arsenal actually scored but the goal was ruled out. Liverpool could easily have had 3 in the first half, and the same could be said of Arsenal in the 2nd. This has been the most entertaining goalless draw in years.
Old 2 Days Ago (09:28 AM).

Gold Tier

I loved Coutinho's little skill leading to the Cech save. He's always fun to watch.

I'm top of our fantasy league for the first and probably only time this season. Solid defence got it for me as Mahrez was my only player in midfield or attack to score more than two.
Old 1 Day Ago (05:47 AM).

I'm 3rd. Among 4 people. Why do we only have 4 people? I renewed last season's league, so shouldn't everyone else automatically join?

I kept Cech on the bench for the last gameweek and brought in Krul. Both got 11 points.
Old 1 Hour Ago (02:45 PM).

Gold Tier

It depends if they actually enter a team in FPL in general hence why I won't have been in the league until I created a team for this season.

Ander Herrera showing why he should be the first name on the United teamsheet last night. I honestly think they can have a great season in the league if they play him ahead of Schweinsteiger & Carrick in midfield. They could probably do with one more signing still though.
Old 1 Hour Ago (03:00 PM).
Pokémon Trainer

Never been into the Premier League, just find it boring for some reason. That being said, I hope Southampton do ok this season. Not one of "my teams" or anything but think they try to play good football and I like their squad!

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)