• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Hex Helper Double OH!

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
This is great, it works as expected and the little pop ups that pop up while it's working are so funny. (I need to try the Emerald ones, the Fire Red ones are awesome.)

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
What is the "Pokedex fix" in your tool ?

Its a glitch that caused 2 word Pokemon types to not appear correctly and to show up as one.
ie Pidgey is the tiny bird pokemon. Without the fix it would be the tiny Pokemon.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Its a glitch that caused 2 word Pokemon types to not appear correctly and to show up as one.
ie Pidgey is the tiny bird pokemon. Without the fix it would be the tiny Pokemon.

Ok, I see, good tool ! ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
The BW repel patch does not work on my clean v1 Fire Red rom. The results in game are glitched up menu item descriptions and freezing of the game when a repel has run out.

I made sure to assign enough free space to the patch, so that can't be it.

Joexv

Years
The BW repel patch does not work on my clean v1 Fire Red rom. The results in game are glitched up menu item descriptions and freezing of the game when a repel has run out.

I made sure to assign enough free space to the patch, so that can't be it.

Hmm, odd I didn't have any issues with it. Ill see if I can't find out what caused it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, odd I didn't have any issues with it. Ill see if I can't find out what caused it.

Update - When I use the default offset given by the patch, which is EFFF00, and I also tried EFFF01, then the glitching of the menu item descriptions does not occur (which is odd because the offset FSF gave me was also one more than large enough for the patch). However, the game still freezes when a repel has run out.

Joexv

Years
Update - When I use the default offset given by the patch, which is EFFF00, and I also tried EFFF01, then the glitching of the menu item descriptions does not occur (which is odd because the offset FSF gave me was also one more than large enough for the patch). However, the game still freezes when a repel has run out.

Ok so I've figured out whats wrong and have fixed the issue. Now it should work perfectly.
Download

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I've figured out whats wrong and have fixed the issue. Now it should work perfectly.
Download

Works like a charm :) Thanks for the quick fix!

This little tool of yours is a real gem. I especially like the running indoors, flashback remover & BW repel system. Thanks for creating this, and keep up the great work!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Neat that this idea came back. I missed Misc. Editor.

Speaking of which, another thing you might want to add is enabling post-151 evolutions in FR without the National Dex. That hex edit should still be floating around in Jambo51's topics somewhere (along with a later one talking about enabling stone evolutions; I remember Misc. Tool enabling one but not the other.)

Joexv

Years
Neat that this idea came back. I missed Misc. Editor.

Speaking of which, another thing you might want to add is enabling post-151 evolutions in FR without the National Dex. That hex edit should still be floating around in Jambo51's topics somewhere (along with a later one talking about enabling stone evolutions; I remember Misc. Tool enabling one but not the other.)
Ok I thought about adding both of those but I forgot it.XD
If I get some time this week I'll add them in.

Joexv

Years
Hey guys new update!
Added a few more patches and rearranged the ui a little.
gUYrX88.png

Downloads
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sk80une503kisz4/Hex Helper 1.10.exe?dl=0
https://www.mediafire.com/?7tlnfhlgmu8s0gl

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
All of a sudden now, I constantly get 'Failed! Please make sure that there is no other program with your ROM opened.' errors when trying to apply the Pokédex Fix or BW Repel patches. The Pokédex Fix patch only throws the error occasionally, whereas the BW Repel patch does most of the time, only going through successfully every now and then. I don't have the ROM open in any other programs or processes.

This started after a clean Windows 7 install.

Also, the lvl1 Babies and Deletable Hms patches do absolutely nothing when clicked.

Last edited:

Joexv

Years
All of a sudden now, I constantly get 'Failed! Please make sure that there is no other program with your ROM opened.' errors when trying to apply the Pokédex Fix or BW Repel patches. The Pokédex Fix patch only throws the error occasionally, whereas the BW Repel patch does most of the time, only going through successfully every now and then. I don't have the ROM open in any other programs or processes.

This started after a clean Windows 7 install.

Also, the lvl1 Babies and Deletable Hms patches do absolutely nothing when clicked.

DO you have .net framework 4 installed?

Back