• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Raikiri & SuperVegeta: Eh... I don't really see the value in an award with completely, 100% subjective criteria. If there's nothing objectively positive about the criteria then there's nothing objectively positive about getting the award. Besides that, why reward what isn't objectively positive? I can just imagine it now. People arguing over whether good or evil characters are more hipstery and ranting about this trope or that trope-Because objectivity lame. ;o Am I rite?!

@Nobody: Anyway, I don't really /have/ a favorite character. My tastes and preferences can swing wildly depending on the setting and the levels of burnout I feel at any given time.

Edit: Also, nobody has the right to concepts such as gijinkas. I'm pretty sure people did it long before and will be doing it long after this RP.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
i can't see his plot at all since skymin didn't accept his RP yet ^^; it was declined for lacking in plot or something? i guess it's not such a bad idea then :)

wait... this means that Gijnka RP's are reborn on this forum after i made my RP xD wooootttt~

Nam- then after i made my youkai acedemy RP i come up with a Kingdom Hearts one ;D all credit go to you though for giving me this idea xD

EDIT: wow people post to fast xD i am not sure if this is plagiarism or not :I so i'll wait for what the other RPers think and what Skymin herself thinks about it ^^;

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Really, I'd like a One Piece or Pirate RP. It's rare to see Open-World RPs, and it'd be fun to have an expansive RP with several jobs and specializations with complexity crafted by those who take part.

A Pokemon War RP with players joining either side could be fun if the story were crafted well enough.

Nam

Years
Nam- then after i made my youkai acedemy RP i come up with a Kingdom Hearts one ;D all credit go to you though for giving me this idea xD

If you could just reserve me a spot, I'll be happy. :3 I don't really care for credits. xP

Sapphire Rose

Years
Nam- Spot reserved then ;D

i'm going to busy lmao~ that means i would be having three RP's, i guess after i made the KH i won't make new ones untill PMD: Victory's Reign (the one with gijinka's) is finished xD gonna make the OOC of Kingdom Hearts then after i made the OOC for youkai acedemy :3

i think i'll call it "Kingdom Hearts: a never ending story"

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, it's one thing to use the concept of Gijinka, that's fine because that doesn't belong to her. However, if they use the name "Gijinka" as well as the concept, that is plagiarism because that is her idea.

You can't really claim Gijinka as a name, because that's simply a word to describe what it is. Moemon is another term for them. But yes, plot copied, give 'em hell!

:| No offence to anyone here, but I hate all pirates with a burning, fiery passion.

What kind of RP's are you all wanting to see?

I would love to see a Dragonball RP, or a Fullmetal Alchemist one. Darker Than BLACK is just screaming to be turned into an RP, with contractors and their payments. I'd say Death Note would be a good idea, if people were devoted to the Plot enough. Wolf's Rain would make a great open-world adventure. Hm... I have a feeling Avatar (Last Airbender version, not blue people version) might have been done already, though I don't see why another couldn't be made; especially since they're running the sequel cartoon, "Legend of Korra" on TV now.​

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
PinkSapphire-I don't think I can handle more RP's. If we're gonna make another RP, we have to decide on only one so we don't get too much pressure.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
What RP do I wanna see?

Well, I'll have to agree with Zerin on the FMA and DtB ones. I mean, who wouldn't wanna play around with alchemy or go around as a Chinese Electrical Batman? Who wouldn't?! Answer me dangit!!!

No but seriously, I'd love to see those two be made. But the one RP that I want the most is of course one based on the best anime in the world ever.

Namely, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Sapphire Rose

Years
ShinyDiamond- then i'll wait with making the Kingdom Hearts RP untill i have some more free time and think i can handle it alone

Nam

Years
PinkSapphire-I don't think I can handle more RP's. If we're gonna make another RP, we have to decide on only one so we don't get too much pressure.

Just wait until your current RPs reach a conclusion. We wouldn't want the KH RP to go wrong. Instead, you could take this time to solidify the idea and plot:

-Why are all the worlds suddenly connecting?
-Which franchise are taking part in it?
-Is it only going to be the idea of KH, or are you adding Keyblades and Heartless too?
-Who's the big villain behind it all, or is just taking advantage of the situation?
-What is he/she/it trying to achieve?

etc...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
What RP do I wanna see?
No but seriously, I'd love to see those two be made. But the one RP that I want the most is of course one based on the best anime in the world ever.

Namely, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
It'd be interesting to see a Gurren Lagann RP that actually has more than 4 interesting characters and an actual good plot, heck, just by adding that it'd be far superior than the show.

You can't really claim Gijinka as a name, because that's simply a word to describe what it is. Moemon is another term for them. But yes, plot copied, give 'em hell!

:| No offence to anyone here, but I hate all pirates with a burning, fiery passion.

What kind of RP's are you all wanting to see?

I would love to see a Dragonball RP, or a Fullmetal Alchemist one. Darker Than BLACK is just screaming to be turned into an RP, with contractors and their payments. I'd say Death Note would be a good idea, if people were devoted to the Plot enough. Wolf's Rain would make a great open-world adventure. Hm... I have a feeling Avatar (Last Airbender version, not blue people version) might have been done already, though I don't see why another couldn't be made; especially since they're running the sequel cartoon, "Legend of Korra" on TV now.​
Well, no you can't just claim plagiarism for only the name, that's obvious. As I said, it has to be in name and concept.

But it would be nice to see an Avatar RP, I'd definitely be interested. The universe is certainly big enough, but I can certainly see it being generic if the wrong person made it.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Just wait until your current RPs reach a conclusion. We wouldn't want the KH RP to go wrong. Instead, you could take this time to solidify the idea and plot:

-Why are all the worlds suddenly connecting?
-Which franchise are taking part in it?
-Is it only going to be the idea of KH, or are you adding Keyblades and Heartless too?
-Who's the big villain behind it all, or is just taking advantage of the situation?
-What is he/she/it trying to achieve?

etc...

it takes a long time before we have made a good plot for this RP, around that time i guess i can do one more RP together with him i hope

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@machomuu: By looking at your comment I can tell that something like "The Anti-Spirals return" wouldn't cut it as a good plot xD

However, to be honest I have sketched up a little bit of such an RP, but I won't be making it for a loooong time. Not until summer at least.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Still debating with Skymin on whether my OOC for MINECRAFT: Survival is accepted or not. There's a plot there, but I like it to be secretive and surprising for the players. Lots of surprises to keep everyone interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back