• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen C-Gear Improvements?

blue

gucci
Years
Well considering the C-Gear was a new and main feature to Black & White it's quite possible that they could expand on it, there are many possibilities that they could implement.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
My guess is that they'll include some kind of C-Gear V2 (or something along those lines), and you probably won't receive it from Fennel, seeing as Striaton City is located on the opposite side of the region as Hiougi City. I think there probably will be some new features included. What I'd like to see is a radio of some sort that broadcasts shows and gives out information such as weather and swarms (essentially removing the need to travel into gates and watch the screen). It'd also bee cool if they merged the VS recorder and the C-Gear so you could watch battle videos on it.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
C-Gear has those special C-Gear Skins you can get on Global Link. Then add a small number of buttons on top.

1. Trade! - searches for another DS to trade with.

2. Re-Match - Operates like the VS. Seeker item.

Stuff like that could be at the touch of a button.

Or just have the HGSS menus as an option in the Options Menu

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
My guess is that they'll include some kind of C-Gear V2 (or something along those lines), and you probably won't receive it from Fennel, seeing as Striaton City is located on the opposite side of the region as Hiougi City. I think there probably will be some new features included. What I'd like to see is a radio of some sort that broadcasts shows and gives out information such as weather and swarms (essentially removing the need to travel into gates and watch the screen). It'd also bee cool if they merged the VS recorder and the C-Gear so you could watch battle videos on it.

Ooh, rewatching in-game matches on the C-Gear would be amazing, and as for the radio... idk they already have ~the gates~. But VS recorder on it, defs want.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I like the Vs. Recorder idea very much.

The Wifi option, I felt, was very limited for the C-Gear. Maybe add a random battle/trade feature to it?

And oh god, hope of the removal of the Feeling Check. In my opinion a wasteful feature.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Id like to be able to use the C-gear to trade over wi-fi and battle outside the Pokemon Center, Id also like them to fix Entralink to work over wi-fi.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
I think they should take some ideas from D/P/Pt's poketch because some of the apps were pretty awesome.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
IF, IF the game was compatible with the 3DS, the SD card could hold multiple battle videos. Only one per cartridge is not enough.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'd love if it was changed significantly, as bar local wifi things I never found it very useful, and suspect this is the case for many other people. Stuff in the likes of DPPt for instance would be nice - some of those features were pretty neat and actually were used by myself in normal gameplay.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I want something more useful on the bottom screen in this game. Whether that be the menu proper, or an enhanced C-Gear that borrows some ideas from the D/P/Pt Poketch, I just would like an app that's useful at places other than anime/gaming conventions.

If they could make the menu the primary part of the bottom screen, with an option to switch the C-Gear on (instead of the other way around like in B/W) that would be great. Also, things like a Vs. Recorder, Vs. Seeker, a few of the Poketch apps (like the step counter and daycare apps), and maybe a radio like in HG/SS integrated into the C-Gear functionality itself would make the C-Gear seem less like dead weight. XTransceiver should also be a part of the C-Gear instead of a separate key item since much of its use (outside of the few storyline instances) is based upon wireless/wi-fi.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I hated the C-Gear, I opted to have the item finder thing on the bottom screen as much as possible.

I mean... I don't even use wifi, especially whilst I'm casually playing the game and not looking for battles/trades - so why have it active the whole time? Waste battery? Blah.

Maybe give an option on what is seen on the bottom screen as you walk around - aka pokemon summaries, item dowser, clock, notepad, etc.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I miss my bottom screen menu. If anything I would like the option to have the menu showing when the C-Gear is turned off, because mine was always off and the bottom screen ended up being a waste.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
IF, IF the game was compatible with the 3DS, the SD card could hold multiple battle videos. Only one per cartridge is not enough.

DSi and DSiXL have SD cards as well. If they could have done that before they would have with Black and White which were DSi compatible thanks to Xtranceiver.

Back