• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
Years
Yahahahahahahaha, U.S.A. victory!

I'll tell you... This is the first game I've actually really watched. I watched Brazil-Ivory Coast a little, but...

Miracle at Pretoria, anyone?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Well, USA are gonna face someone between Ghana, Serbia and Germany (not counting Australia as they probably wont qualify) and all of them will easily beat USA.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
Years
I don't think Serbia can beat USA easily. But I'm so happy USA made it! And I'm sad England made it too. Oh well. I hope that Ghana will make it to the next round, otherwise we could say that there is a World Cup in Africa with no African teams left! Lol. But the Brazil vs. Portugal is determinant for Ivory Coast.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
Years
Well, USA are gonna face someone between Ghana, Serbia and Germany (not counting Australia as they probably wont qualify) and all of them will easily beat USA.
Eh, I already said I'm not expecting them to win the World Cup.

But either way... why all the hate?

Ooh, biased, biased...

Years
I think saying that Team A can easily beat Team B is BS, no matter what teams you're talking about. This World Cup has already shown that favourable countries like France, Spain and Germany will lose to supposed underdogs. You should never underestimate any team, because they can and will surprise you.

Anyway, I'm glad to see England and USA go through. I just hope England can give an even bigger improvement for the next match (there were a lot of missed opportunities today).

jjeangi

It's me...
Years
And if Ivory Coast can drop a bunch of goals on North Korea to make up the goal differential between them and Portugal. Portugal's GD is +7

Of course when Brazil scores on them, their GD will lower, therefore making it just a LITTLE bit easier for Ivory Coast to catch up..

But, in reality, it's not happening..

-----------------------------

"France, Spain, Germany losing to underdogs"

France shouldn't even count. Like seriously...

Germany wouldn't have really lost on any other day except for that one. Klose red card, missed penalty, missed opportunities....

Spain: Now THAT'S an upset. And one that made me 50 bucks richer.

Last edited:
Years

I think the USA could hang with any of those teams, and, provided they actually play up to their potential like they did against Spain in the Confed Cup and for the first half against Brazil in the final of the Confed Cup.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Any team can win if they have a better strategy and the best rival players have a bad day. And with this horrible ball, anything is possible.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Any team can win if they have a better strategy and the best rival players have a bad day. And with this horrible ball, anything is possible.
This means less passing the ball backwards and forwards England ><
I thought England did quite well once they finally got the ball, it seems they stop passing it back so much.
And congrats USA =D

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
Years
Ahh, what was it...

Any given day, any given team can win any given game with the right mindset.

It's actually very true. Humans are humans. There's no such thing as an unbeatable team.

Years
This means less passing the ball backwards and forwards England ><
I thought England did quite well once they finally got the ball, it seems they stop passing it back so much.
And congrats USA =D

WTF?
So what is your strategy?
Lob the ball up front and hope for the best? Or just let one player run straight at the defence and hope he will get through?

England's passing today was amazing.

Years
We won and got through but its dampened by the fact that Slovenia had to go.

They fought hard and they deserved to be ahead of us & definitely deserved to be ahead of USA, shame for them.

C'mon everyone except Germany tonight!

Years
You're kidding, right? You have to be able to finish a game, which Slovenia didn't do against the USA, and they got ousted because of it.

They certainly took their foot off the pedal in the second half but when going full steam they shown they were a much better side. Some of their players seem really talented such as Birsa and may not be as noticed by clubs now while USA has already got all of it's really talented players in the top leagues. Shame we wont see too many more Slovenians in the Premiership.

Better to see the smaller countries go through too, Slovenia only have a population of 2 million compared to America's estimated 300 million. Its amazing how they can put a team together like that and play such football, I really enjoyed watching them in the first half of the USA game.

Just a shame for me personally really, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is that Slovenia will play good football when they can.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
I'm supporting Ghana for 2 reasons
1. Surely one African nation should reach the last 16
2. England against Germany in the Second Round worries me.

Years
They certainly took their foot off the pedal in the second half but when going full steam they shown they were a much better side. Some of their players seem really talented such as Birsa and may not be as noticed by clubs now while USA has already got all of it's really talented players in the top leagues. Shame we wont see too many more Slovenians in the Premiership.

Better to see the smaller countries go through too, Slovenia only have a population of 2 million compared to America's estimated 300 million. Its amazing how they can put a team together like that and play such football, I really enjoyed watching them in the first half of the USA game.

Just a shame for me personally really, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is that Slovenia will play good football when they can.

Thing is, the USA constantly looks like it's sleepwalking through matches against less talented teams, and can apparently only be bothered to try against teams from countries they actually remember the names of. At least, that's what it seems like from my vantage point.

Slovenia does have an amazing defense, though.

Years
Thing is, the USA constantly looks like it's sleepwalking through matches against less talented teams, and can apparently only be bothered to try against teams from countries they actually remember the names of. At least, that's what it seems like from my vantage point.

Slovenia does have an amazing defense, though.

Not sure about the defence, they did concede 3 (yes 3 to everyone except that referee) goals to an American side that weren't attacking as heavily as teams I've seen before.

I love them going forward though.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
Years
Speaking of defense, Algeria's was actually really impressive. Sure, the USA didn't try (so I've heard. This is really my first time watching soccer. AND I LOVE IT!), but there were some great saves.

Also...

Germany... VS... Ghana... why am I suddenly feeling tired? Noo... stay awake...

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Great first half. Did anyone else see Lahm's handball when it happened and not from the replay?

Back