• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Just gonna drop these here. This is what I have been working on lately regarding my project Pokemon Tellurium! Progress is going very well, so hopefully I will be creating a thread here very soon! :)

1c17d931879ca846ac282927e1b92dd2-d6cbfaq.png

These screens are showcasing the look of the battle system for my game, as well as my new starter Pokemon, designed by the wonderful Riceeman! :)

Enjoy!

I'm guessing the noise is there for a reason?

Looks amazing. The battle style and backgrounds go together really well. Also its not often you see well sprited fakémon like these. Great job.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
The noise isn't actually in the game, its just over the screens to protect the custom XY styled battle backgrounds that I did.

Glad you like it. Thanks!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Just gonna drop these here. This is what I have been working on lately regarding my project Pokemon Tellurium! Progress is going very well, so hopefully I will be creating a thread here very soon! :)

1c17d931879ca846ac282927e1b92dd2-d6cbfaq.png

These screens are showcasing the look of the battle system for my game, as well as my new starter Pokemon, designed by the wonderful Riceeman! :)

Enjoy!

awe inspiring, its all just fantastic. Great work, it's simple, yet refined; very close to the original games but with a great custom flare - just fantastic (the sprites are even better)

(now time for my stuff)
here is my custom door (animation)
customdoor.png

it fits the hg/ss style OW's very nicely and looks very good IMO, but I wanna know what you guys think

future1.png

and here is me play testing my test map, showcasing my - not only improved map area but also - my custom grass+dirt mountain crossover, as well as custom dirt mountain tile

-as I mentioned before its customized kyledove tiles and customized erma96's grass with some custom tiles of my own-

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
awe inspiring, its all just fantastic. Great work, it's simple, yet refined; very close to the original games but with a great custom flare - just fantastic (the sprites are even better)

(now time for my stuff)
here is my custom door (animation)
customdoor.png

it fits the hg/ss style OW's very nicely and looks very good IMO, but I wanna know what you guys think

future1.png

and here is me play testing my test map, showcasing my - not only improved map area but also - my custom grass+dirt mountain crossover, as well as custom dirt mountain tile

-as I mentioned before its customized kyledove tiles and customized erma96's grass with some custom tiles of my own-

That screenshot is really cool, and the door's animation looks like it's coming out great. Although, I know you said the tiles aren't final, but they do look like they would go better with GBA-styled OWs (RSE/FRLG) rather than HGSS and DP.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
That screenshot is really cool, and the door's animation looks like it's coming out great. Although, I know you said the tiles aren't final, but they do look like they would go better with GBA-styled OWs (RSE/FRLG) rather than HGSS and DP.

most of it is a little more detailed than GBA style, but the mountain tiles are something i wanna change in light of something taller

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
Here is My Screenshot. Not really story based, just testing tiles, new resolution, and Speech Bar.
Spoiler:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
the_last_couple_of_months_by_rayquaza_dot-d6gbinv.png

From left-right; here is an insight of the graphical made from May-August (July was an inactive month).

Great improvement, you added nice terrain and gave the area more definition. Everything looks fine, except the cave entrance looks a little small, almost like you'd have to duck to get in, its fine if that's what you're going for, but making it a little taller might be a good idea - everything else looks good, although you may want to add more decoration to the underwater
(unless you have and it's not shown due to how close it is to the edge)

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Great improvement, you added nice terrain and gave the area more definition. Everything looks fine, except the cave entrance looks a little small, almost like you'd have to duck to get in, its fine if that's what you're going for, but making it a little taller might be a good idea - everything else looks good, although you may want to add more decoration to the underwater
(unless you have and it's not shown due to how close it is to the edge)

Thanks. It's still a work in progress but was submitted to show oncoming improvements before the next demo.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Our hero Mina Lancaster awakens in a strange world, frozen by an aggressive Articuno. The player can expect tricky ice puzzles, lots of hidden items, rare Pokémon otherwise uncatchable, and an awesome storyline.

VtjAC.jpg

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Our hero Mina Lancaster awakens in a strange world, frozen by an aggressive Articuno. The player can expect tricky ice puzzles, lots of hidden items, rare Pokémon otherwise uncatchable, and an awesome storyline.

VtjAC.jpg

haha, looks like I'm not the only one working on some Gen2 tiles :P
I love the ice sculpture things, and Ice was always an annoying puzzle, much like the water temple of the pokemon world x.x
looks very interesting from what I can tell, and the layout appears fine

Heres a test of some tiles I've been messing with:
Spoiler:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Heres a test of some tiles I've been messing with:
Spoiler:

Looks pretty good.
I'd recommend not overusing the "checkered shading" like you've done on the trees, though.
Try using the clean colors for big areas and only use the checkered shading for shading.
It can look really messy otherwise.

---------------

Here's a screenshot from my game Pokémon: Blaze Red, featuring Cerulean City.

7158747Cerulean_City_Screenshot.png

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
Spoiler:

Some shots from the game I'm messing around on, mostly just making sure the party movement and area transition stuff works correctly. It has a few problems (in the third screenshot you can see that the last two members are walking incorrectly), but it's a simple fix.

I'm also wondering whether or not the way I've done the building interiors works with the first generation graphics; mainly the walls having tops on them.

The red patch in the second shot is just a place I havn't put water yet.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Looks pretty good.
I'd recommend not overusing the "checkered shading" like you've done on the trees, though.
Try using the clean colors for big areas and only use the checkered shading for shading.
It can look really messy otherwise.

It looks like it is a color restriction issue. I do not see a darker shade of green anywhere on that map that can compensate in the shading of the tree anyways, so I am assuming there is a limited color pallet.

On the other hand, that character's coloring makes me thing otherwise.

A good example of a style guide gone wrong. Easy fix though. Pick one or the other and make them match.

Here's a screenshot from my game Pokémon: Blaze Red, featuring Cerulean City.

7158747Cerulean_City_Screenshot.png

I am really bothered by the outlines on the barricades.

Looks good though other than that.

Have you experimented with different colors other than the HGSS ones for the road tiles?

tImE

Years
I am really bothered by the outlines on the barricades.

Looks good though other than that.

Have you experimented with different colors other than the HGSS ones for the road tiles?

The reason for the outlines on the barricades are that they are events. They aren't tiles.
They're supposed to disappear after the Rocket Grunt has been defeated, and I want to distinguish between tiles and events graphicwise, so the player knows that it is an event. I will do the same with the Eeveelution ice and moss rocks to make it more obvious it is something more than just decoration.

And what do you mean HGSS colors? I have chosen these colors myself using MSpaint. :S
And no, I haven't really tried any different colors for the actual road, since I already think it looks good.

Thanks for the comment!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I honestly, feel something like barricades do not need to stand out with the use of outlines.

They already stand out with the whole "WTF is this in my way" reaction players get when they come across them blocking a path.

Abnormal tiles, should not have outlines just to stand out. They naturally stand out and intrigue your player by simply existing and looking out of the norm or obstructing a path towards completing a goal.

Just my opinion though.

Well that purple-blue kind of road from HGSS stands out a lot and every time I see it, it turns my stomach upside down. I have always thought the colors were pretty ugly and I think your map could benefit for having it's own take on the road, even if it is just typical light grey sidewalk with dark charcoal colored roads with the same tiles, idk. Those colors really remind me of HGSS. If it were something like a building, I might not notice it as much... but yeah.

tImE

Years
Well that purple-blue kind of road from HGSS stands out a lot and every time I see it, it turns my stomach upside down. I have always thought the colors were pretty ugly and I think your map could benefit for having it's own take on the road, even if it is just typical light grey sidewalk with dark charcoal colored roads with the same tiles, idk. Those colors really remind me of HGSS. If it were something like a building, I might not notice it as much... but yeah.

Again you say HGSS. The road is made by me with no references used, either tile or colorwise, but if it's just the colors you are concerned about, it's actually the day/night system that is messing with the colors. They are A LOT less purple in full daylight.

EDIT: Here's a comparison, showing the tile in normal light:
5120126example.png

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Oh, wow. Eww. Are you using stock Essential shades? Guess I was thrown off because the grass and flowers still look like they have normal coloring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back