• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
Hi i hope that you can understand my english.

Here is my second question:

How i can make poeple appear like Prof. Oak when he is comming to tell you that you better dont leave the town without own Pokémon.

Thanks in advance

With best regards Neox301291

SupahNinja

Scripting Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2011
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
Yes thanks that helps a lot but i want that the sprite of the person with the movements is not in sight untill the scripts starts.

In firered Oak is standing in the middle of the town but in the game you cant see him i dont understand how this works. He is on Level normal and not hidden. Why is he hidden in the game?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards Neox301291

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
In firered Oak is standing in the middle of the town but in the game you cant see him i dont understand how this works. He is on Level normal and not hidden. Why is he hidden in the game?
His OW uses a "flag".

The scripting flags are on/off switches that are used for various purposes. One of those is to hide Person events on maps. If you set a Person event's "Person ID" (in AdvanceMap) to a flag number and then set that flag in a script, then the Person will be hidden.

Be careful which flag you use, however. Many of them are used by the game; Flags 500 - 7FF are for Trainer battles; and Flags 900 and above do not exist and are not safe to use.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
ok something like this ??

Code:
#org $script
checkflag 0xXXX
applymovement 0xX $hide
setflag 0xXXX
end

#org $hide
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

or what do you mean ?

sory if its totaly wrong or i missunderstand you im new at pokemon hacking

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
ok something like this ??

Code:
#org $script
checkflag 0xXXX
applymovement 0xX $hide
setflag 0xXXX
end

#org $hide
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE
or what do you mean ?

sory if its totaly wrong or i missunderstand you im new at pokemon hacking
Well, the way you used "checkflag" means that the "checkflag" won't do anything, but besides that, it would be a valid script. I'm not sure what the movement is supposed to be, but once it finishes, the OW would be hidden by setting its flag.

Remember, though -- if you use flag 0xXXX, then the Person ID in AdvanceMap must also be $0XXX.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
Ok now i have the movement but i dont know how to get the two persons trough an warp. Like Proff Oak does in firered. this is the acctuell script with no check or setflags

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @script
lockall
textcolor 0x01
playsong 0x12E 0x0
message @danger
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF @right
waitmovement 0x0
sound 0x15
applymovement 0xFF @attention
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x1E
showsprite 0x01
applymovement 0x01 @come
waitmovement 0x0
message @outside
boxset 6
applymovement 0x01 @labor
applymovement 0xFF @follow
waitmovement 0x0
releaseall
end

#org @danger
= EICH: Warte!\nGeh nicht raus!

#org @outside
= PROF. EICH: Draußen ist es\ngefährlich! Wilde POKéMON leben im\lhohen Gras!\pDu brauchst eigene POKéMON, um\ndich zu schützen.\pKomm, folge mir!

#org @right
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

#org @attention
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @come
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @labor
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11

#org @follow
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Im trying to make a item but i wanted to see a script of one and jjust twinge it, could someone tell me the script for a rare candy and a potion (and where i can find the scripts as well please)

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I'm not sure, but I believe you would use the "setdooropened" command followed by "doorchange"; this would open the door to the lab. You'd apply a movement to the Professor to make him step onto the door, use hidesprite or setflag to hide him, and then use applymovement to send the player into the door as well. A warp command at the end completes the effect.

And then you'd have another Professor inside the lab.

(Think of it this way: the Professor isn't moving from one map to another. There are two of him; one disappears outside, and another appears inside.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
yes i figured ist out alredy thanks for the great help

i have only one problem left. I need tilesets for underground citys and routes all the god buildings are on grass and when you mod it then all is so terrible

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I thought so :(. So if i want a pokemon to level up by 10 levels or gain 10 HP, i need ASM, is there no way to script it at all?

I believe JPAN'S Hacked Engine has a feature that allows you to create items that use scripts. However, you would then need to be able to script the change in the Pokemon's level or HP. You might be able to do it using writebytetooffset and the data info from here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_Generation_III

But I haven't tried it myself.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
Years
Is there a ROMhack that replaces Unova's Pokemon with the originals?

For example:
Woobat becomes Zubat
Patrat becomes Rattata
Purrloin becomes Meowth

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, I'm new to hacking, I'm using AdvanceMap to change the wild Pokemon in Emerald, but everytime I seem to do it and click on a different route to edit, it asks me if I want to save the wild Pokemon data, to which I click yes... When I return to it though, its default again... -_-

My question is, why it does that and how do I change the wild Pokemon without it returning to its default setting?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, I'm new to hacking, I'm using AdvanceMap to change the wild Pokemon in Emerald, but everytime I seem to do it and click on a different route to edit, it asks me if I want to save the wild Pokemon data, to which I click yes... When I return to it though, its default again... -_-

My question is, why it does that and how do I change the wild Pokemon without it returning to its default setting?
AMap 1.95's a bit screwy... If you change more than one species at a time, the changes are lost.

Set all the levels first. Save the map. Change to a different map. Change back. Change one wild species. Save. Go to another map. Go back. Repeat until they're all how you want.

And never, under any circumstances, should you delete a Wild Pokemon list. Doing so may corrupt the data beyond repair. Just change the "encounter ratio" to 0.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Is there a ROMhack that replaces Unova's Pokemon with the originals?

For example:
Woobat becomes Zubat
Patrat becomes Rattata
Purrloin becomes Meowth
1. Not every Unova Pokemon is a remake of an old Pokemon.
2. No, because the old Pokemon are still in Black/White XD

Although... if you want a Rom Hack WITH the "originals" as well as Unova's Pokemon, you could always play Volt White.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back