• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon L.I.F.E (Card Version)

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
No you can't, however, I thought about it, but when you receive the PokéDex, it then saves the Pokémon you view.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm sort of confused, I got kicked out of my house I guess so I'm a hobo, it seems really weird that I just "got" a pokemon from tim, now I reached nic and he ran off and I'm a little less confused than before though still a little, mostly because I met nic and then he ran off, am I supposed to go to Prof. Oak's lab or something? I mean I guess its something to do for a hobo, but roughneck city was so annoying to get to, and not to mention the city itself is really weird - I cant enter the PC or Mart, and after leaving the house where the guy kicks you out there is a purple filter that goes over the whole screen, but once you go south down those hills to the bottom it fixes itself - also the "hill" is really weird and the town is really boring

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Lol, Roughneck City is a city that is run down, everyone is angry, some buildings in the game are locked due to time, friendships, things like that... The purple tint, I guess is meant to make the city look... Gringy... I didn't create that city myself or the events in it apart from Nic, I thought the idea was good though... But yes, you are somewhat, a "hobo", as you put it lol.

EDIT: By annoying you mean the lag, I know, I'm trying to fix it, you should've seen it a couple of months back.

You'll understand a lot more on your character and the other characters as the game progresses, the directions you should travel will always be given, you will never be left "guessing" where to travel next.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Lol, Roughneck City is a city that is run down, everyone is angry, some buildings in the game are locked due to time, friendships, things like that... The purple tint, I guess is meant to make the city look... Gringy... I didn't create that city myself or the events in it apart from Nic, I thought the idea was good though... But yes, you are somewhat, a "hobo", as you put it lol.

EDIT: By annoying you mean the lag, I know, I'm trying to fix it, you should've seen it a couple of months back.

You'll understand a lot more on your character and the other characters as the game progresses, the directions you should travel will always be given, you will never be left "guessing" where to travel next.

oh no, the lag was very minimal, the only "lag" I saw were shaking events, such as doors or people when I was walking - the annoying part was several signs not able to be interacted with, and the high chance of running into pokemon, coupled with the constant "poke manual" and the fact i couldnt run

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
What signs?
Oh yeah, I completely forgot bout running shoes... You're going to hate the bit you will get to later then... And the encounters density's are normal for Essentials, I didn't change that.

EDIT: A lot of the signs require you to actually be "looking" at them, the front of the sign.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hint, think of how --->you<--- would look at things, and in some cases, think what Ash did to accomplish something in the Anime.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Hint, think of how --->you<--- would look at things, and in some cases, think what Ash did to accomplish something in the Anime.

I like your little people player designs, if you want I can make them better - if you're interested message me, if not I'll continue sliding down the learning curve of your game

**I would like to mention I liked the pikachu lover

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I like your little people player designs, if you want I can make them better - if you're interested message me, if not I'll continue sliding down the learning curve of your game

**I would like to mention I liked the pikachu lover

Lol, thank you... I guess you didn't expect it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
I tried what Saving Raven said, and when I switched it to the smaller resolution, it did work, and switched back, it messed up again. So I'll continue in the smaller resolution till the bigger one will work.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I tried what Saving Raven said, and when I switched it to the smaller resolution, it did work, and switched back, it messed up again. So I'll continue in the smaller resolution till the bigger one will work.

Yeah that's the best thing, I'll get it sorted ASAP.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
lol I reached the first trainer battle at the lake and it said if I want to check the pokedex on kakuna and i said yes and it pulled up pachirisu

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
It looks good! :D I love the town map and tilesets

Lol thanks, I think.

UPDATE:
Fixed bugs that occurred in V1.1.
Added events.
Added BGM to some maps.
Added live events and quests.
Added more special NPC's.
Added RunningShoes. (I completely forgot about these)
EDIT: Added Ribbons.

CHANGES:
You can now choose whether you want to check the PokéDex for the Pokémon or not, where-as before it would just ask you.
Some NPC's require being talked to more than once.

REQUIREMENTS:
Make sure to set screen res to the smallest size as opposed to the original for the time being.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
They will have a purpose in the close future right now, just collect, collect, collect haha :D

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
its good to see they finally have a purpose, I always found them useless, just as much as the mail .-.

hey, are you gunna bring back contests?

Back