• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legend of Dragons

What should the Name be???

• Pokemon Calcite

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Pokemon Legend of Dragons

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • Pokemon Dragon Adventure

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
yeah thethethethe great game....but how many pokemon of d/p are in the game?

Well at the moment, none. I want to learn a couple of thing before I try and insert some. My problem is I don't want to replace any. And my other problem is I want to include leafeon and Glaceon(I have a thing for eevee and evo's) but first I want to see if I can find a way to add the 2 extra evo's, there probably isn't. Well, yeah, As I've said I want to get the mapping and scripting for beta 1 done and then I'll start worrying about tilesets/palletes/adding pokemon etc.

Well, I can give some feedback about this idea:

I actually like the first idea in the above quote, getting all the Hoenn Gym badges, but I also recall you posting about a return trip to Johto, and another side quest there, which could give you the opportunity for some Johto Gyms as well.

Thanks, but I've already decided what's most of what's in beta 1, maybe I'll restart for beta 2 and change the plot a bit. As I've said, I'm not sure yet. Thanks for feedback.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
world league sounds like an excellent idea
perhaps you need to visit certain towns of all regions in order to find the legendary dragon. sorta like a quest across the world

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I think that it should stay just Hoenn and Johto gyms. To me it gives the game a sense of equlibrium with the starting pokemon. True, Dratini did come from the Kanto region orginally, but the Dragon's Den is in Johto, and that's the best place to find them. I don't know, it's your game.

shadowrider

PokeRom Hacker
Years
I think the idea of having gyms from all the generations sounds good, just an idea, you could maybe include some dp ones. Hacks great keep it up!

EDIT: I have an idea on the eevee thing, you could have two pokemon, one a male eevee and the other a female eevee, and each would evolve into the different evolutions, example male evolves into jolteon but female flareon.Then you could fit the all in using Amplifier, just a suggestion.

Years
world league sounds like an excellent idea
perhaps you need to visit certain towns of all regions in order to find the legendary dragon. sorta like a quest across the world

Thanks for the feedback. Erimgard, I'm going to do something like that. You'll find out when I release beta 1. Which I'm hoping is in a couple of weeks.

I think the idea of having gyms from all the generations sounds good, just an idea, you could maybe include some dp ones. Hacks great keep it up!

EDIT: I have an idea on the eevee thing, you could have two pokemon, one a male eevee and the other a female eevee, and each would evolve into the different evolutions, example male evolves into jolteon but female flareon.Then you could fit the all in using Amplifier, just a suggestion.

I haven't played DP, so I'm not sure if I'll include the gyms from that generation. I like the idea on the Eevee-lutions.(Bad Pun). That could solve my problem. I'll try and make an obvious difference between the male and female so you can tell the difference. I just have to figure out how to do it without replacing other pokemon. If I figure out how to do it I'll make a list of DP pokemon I'll put into the game. I'm NOT putting any DP legendaries in, I have to think of too many events already. Here's the list at the moment of what I'm planning on adding:
  • Leafeon
  • Glaceon
  • Gible
  • Gabite
  • Garchomp
  • Ambipom
  • Bidew
  • Roserade
  • Mismagius
  • Honchkrow
  • Munchlax
  • Weavile
I hate leaving evolutions unfinished, I probably forgot some. Tell me if I did and I'll add them to the list. I'm not adding the DP starters. I'm going to add the list to the first post.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that I'm taking a break from hacking for a week(maybe less). I'll keep updating the thread, but I probably won't be getting much done over the week.
See ya.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2015
I made a banner:

Code:
39.photobucket.com/albums/q313/guywithwings65/pokemonlegendofdragons.png[/IMG][/url]

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
I hate leaving evolutions unfinished, I probably forgot some. Tell me if I did and I'll add them to the list.

If you mean every single 4th gen evolution/pre-evo of the 386 available, then here are some that weren't yet mentioned:

-Bonsly
-Mime Jr.
-Happiny
-Magnezone
-Togekiss
-Probopass
-Tangrowth
-Yanmega
-Rhyperior

I'm not sure if there's more, or even if there's room for all the current ones. If there's more, I'll say so.

Years
You missed magmars and elecktabuzz's evolutions(not sure what they are called) and dusknoir. Use these eevee pics for male and female http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/133/picdex

If you mean every single 4th gen evolution/pre-evo of the 386 available, then here are some that weren't yet mentioned:

-Bonsly
-Mime Jr.
-Happiny
-Magnezone
-Togekiss
-Probopass
-Tangrowth
-Yanmega
-Rhyperior

I'm not sure if there's more, or even if there's room for all the current ones. If there's more, I'll say so.

Thanks I took a look at bulbapedia, and I decided to leave out pre-evo's, Gible evo-line and maybe Gallade and Frossglass. But I'll post my list on the first post and I'll see how many I'll be able to fit.

I think I'm just going to use the RS sprite for Female and the FR sprite for male. That will be easier for me to do.

I made a banner:

Code:
39.photobucket.com/albums/q313/guywithwings65/pokemonlegendofdragons.png[/IMG][/url]

Thanks I'll add it to the first post.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
I made a banner:

Code:

Can I ask where you got that text that say's legend of dragons?

Anyway, seems like this hack is going good thethethethe. You have few bugs in the game and the storyline is unique. I'll be waiting for some more updates. I'm downloading the beta now, hope it will be interesting ^^.

Years
Well I haven;t been working on this much lately. I've been on school hlidays for a week already and I've barely done anything on this hack. Now I'm working all week(not on the hack) so all I've got are these two little updates, I'll try and get some done when I can. Well they're not much, but at least they're something.
LegendofDragons_92.png

I fixed it and....
PokemonCenter.png

I changed it.

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Well I haven;t been working on this much lately. I've been on school hlidays for a week already and I've barely done anything on this hack. Now I'm working all week(not on the hack) so all I've got are these two little updates, I'll try and get some done when I can. Well they're not much, but at least they're something.
LegendofDragons_92.png

I fixed it and....
PokemonCenter.png

I changed it.

Ehm Ya know, I think you should make the upper side of the pokéball on the floor red, A Blue pokéball looks, weird..

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
I like the new sprite for the game beginning :)
but I agree that the floor tile should be red for the pokeball

Years
Yeah, the only way I'll be able to do that, is if I change the tiles. The problem is that the upper half of the pokeball uses the same colour as the shadows, So if I make the top half of the pokeball red so will the shading. That pokemart isn't finished yet, I still want to change a few more things. The walls and the floor look way too different, I might change some more palettes.
Oh yeah, and as of right now, I'm bug-free. I'm going to happily cross that last bug off the list.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I think a blue pokeball inside a mart gives your hack a unique feeling...

^^

I think you should.., in the pokemon centre.., a red pokeball on the floor.., while in the mart, a blue pokeball. ^^

It's just what I think. Wishing ya for the best, thethethethe! ;)

- EDITED -

I love the male hero in the intro! ^^
He's wearing green, my 2nd fav. color! YEY!!!

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
Another bug....

It is related to the ship. Apparently you can use the passage on the left of the ship to get to The Five Island Meadow were you can walk on water and encounter Pokemon as if you were surfing. Which is deadly as the starter would only be around Level 7. BTW when walking on water you can't get on land.

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
i love the updates and i love the new trainer, well the recolor you know what i mean, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back