• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advance Map Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

the almighty Zel fan

<-- I drew these guys in paint
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
You know those ledges that you can't climb up but can jump down from on top? What do you mark them with in movement permission view?
pliz tell me u copied the bunny off of me! oh, god! thank u! never met someone who likes it before.

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2008
Ok, I need a lot of help with advance map, and no tutorials I can find seem to have the answer. Almost every rom that I download doesn't even come up as a GBA rom file, and the picture for it looks like some text document. When I try to load these into advance map, about 20 error messages pop up saying that the basic things in the pokemon games could not be found, and then says to retry with a diferent rom. Only once did one actually show up as a GBA rom file, but error messages still popped up. When I loaded that rom, all of the tiles were blurry red and purple tiles and everything else said that it could not be found. I have unzipped all of them, and it says that the program is not a valid win.zip file almost every time. Help please.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
How do you use the offsets for the map connections, without warping, I have tried everything to do this. It freezes when I try to go from route two to the first gym town I made, Which was made from sevii isle eight, using a firered rom

Please Reply to my message

Last edited:

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I'm having trouble with making my tiles work right. how do I make a tile invisible or transparent? not a sprite but a tile. sum1 help plz

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2008
Ignore my very long question back there, for some reason I was trying to open an IPS file.

Also, when I create a new map, it has no wild pokemon data for it. Anyone know how to add wild pokemon data to it.

Very quick question.
How do I remove events?

You go to the events section and click on the event you want to delete. On the very right there should be something that says "delete event". Click on that

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2008
Can someone help me? Whenever I use A-Text and I have to re point, I do, and when I play the hacked ROM, the lines run over each other where I had to re point. And when I add text to a new sprite on A-Map, when I play the ROM, ALL the lines run over each other. HELP!

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2008
When I make a new map, it doesn't show up anywhere on advance map the second time I open it. Does anyone know why.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
this may be a VERY newbie question, but how do u delete and add events on advance map? i know about scripting but how do i take out events i dont want?

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2008
uhh... questioin

when i click to change script... something like that ... it says no script editor defined. what does that mean? how to get an editor?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Milnivri

Telefan ;)
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Can someone help me? Whenever I use A-Text and I have to re point, I do, and when I play the hacked ROM, the lines run over each other where I had to re point. And when I add text to a new sprite on A-Map, when I play the ROM, ALL the lines run over each other. HELP!

When you put in the text, make sure to put \n to represent a new line, and \p to represent a new box. So you have to make sure the number of characters on a line fits (as well as with boxes).

For example:

Technology is incredible!\pYou can now store and recall items\nand POKéMON as data via PC.

Or something like that. (that was taken from the guy outside Oak's lab)

And also make sure that the byte space is not taken up when you make the text for the new sprite. You can use Free Space Finder to find an offset to insert the text. (Maybe I'm wrong, I don't use Advance Text, but XSE)

when i click to change script... something like that ... it says no script editor defined. what does that mean? how to get an editor?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Go to Settings > Choose script editor. Then browse to the exe file of the script editor.

this may be a VERY newbie question, but how do u delete and add events on advance map? i know about scripting but how do i take out events i dont want?
Very quick question.
How do I remove events?

Click the Events tab, then under Amount of Events, change the number of a certain kind of event you want. Then click Change Events.

If you decrease any number, it will automatically delete those events which have a higher ID than the value in the thing. You can change their ID at the top of the right pane (just under the Combobox where you can select the type of event). So if you want to delete an event which has a smaller ID number than an event you want to keep, just change both of their ID numbers.

If you increase the number, events will automatically appear at the top left hand corner of the screen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2011
How can i save a map. It best if i make a newe map and i saved it is removed. How can i save the map only.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Please help me (Don't worry, it's about AdvanceMap)
I have a couple probs:

1) Even though I selected English, the few menus are German
2) Most of the menus say stuff like [11 Menue].
3) I don't even know what I'm doing because there is no meaningful text that I understand. Every dropdown menu is like [112 Menue] and so on.
Please, how do I fix this?

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2011
Hello i'm a newb at this. But i want make a new floor on the lab how can i make it? Is there a tut or what?

twi1ight

Pokemon Paradox Creator
Years
do you know how to make the border block bigger?

Please help me (Don't worry, it's about AdvanceMap)
I have a couple probs:

1) Even though I selected English, the few menus are German
2) Most of the menus say stuff like [11 Menue].
3) I don't even know what I'm doing because there is no meaningful text that I understand. Every dropdown menu is like [112 Menue] and so on.
Please, how do I fix this?

most of the time I just use the "from header" folder (this helps with warps) and I don't think there is a way to fix it unless some one makes an ini file.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back