• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
Years
Well i was hunting in the safari zone along with shiny hunter, but then I fell asleep. Now I feel a lot better so i'm going to hunt for some random shinies/raise my poke's a few levels.

mrplanters

Years
Well i was hunting in the safari zone along with shiny hunter but then I fell asleep... Now I feel a lot more awake so i'm going to walk around in the grass looking for a shiny/raising my poke's.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
fufu i was going to comment on serebii but tis done lmao yes someone can deserve a shiny or anything mroe then someone else DOESNT MATTER what the probability is of it happening . If ive been hunt __ pokemon for two years and you get it in two days hells yeah i deserve it mroe then you specialy if I put in the work and really want it and you just get it in a fling and luck . I know for damn sure there is a few pokemon I deserve more then anyone else and I havent gotten them yet , thankfully regis are not on that list XP

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well I am going to hunt in the Safari Zone all day today while Hatching Mr. Mime eggs.

I have 239,352 pokedollars so I can go in there 478.704 times. So wish me luck.

I'm not really seeing how you can go into the Safari Zone .704 times.

I fell asleep on my all-nighter, as usual. I have a basketball tournament this weekend, so I may not be able to hunt that much. I'm also having one next weekend, and the weekend after that! Thankfully, next week, I have state testing, so my teachers most likely won't give me any homework.

D/P comes out next Sunday, too.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well I am going to hunt in the Safari Zone all day today while Hatching Mr. Mime eggs.

I have 239,352 pokedollars so I can go in there 478.704 times. So wish me luck.

I fell asleep on my all-nighter, as usual. I have a basketball tournament this weekend, so I may not be able to hunt that much. I'm also having one next weekend, and the weekend after that! Thankfully, next week, I have state testing, so my teachers most likely won't give me any homework.

Years

Well if you would just read the whole damn post you would know that I said 478.704. So before you think of stuff read everything.

and this is from serebii

Oh yea but i am sure if i had a way to hunt latias and got it b4 you, you would cry and say that you deserve it more. Jesus christ give me a break.

No safari shiny yet.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well if you would just read the whole damn post you would know that I said 478.704. So before you think of stuff read everything.

and this is from serebii

Oh yea but i am sure if i had a way to hunt latias and got it b4 you, you would cry and say that you deserve it more. Jesus christ give me a break.

No safari shiny yet.

I read your whole post, it's just that you can't enter the Safari Zone 478. 704 times. The decimal would be taken off. Unless you meant 478,704, which if you had just typed it with a comma, wouldn't have sparked this.

Yes, in the past I would've said that, but I've come to the realization that games don't work like that. I won't now. I wouldn't say that I deserve more, nor would I think that I deserve more. And I highly doubt that I would've cried.

Can you even explain to me (in a logical way, please) why I would say that I deserve it more?

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
I read your whole post, it's just that you can't enter the Safari Zone 478. 704 times. The decimal would be taken off. Unless you meant 478,704, which if you had just typed it with a comma, wouldn't have sparked this.

Yes, in the past I would've said that, but I've come to the realization that games don't work like that. I won't now. I wouldn't say that I deserve more, nor would I think that I deserve more. And I highly doubt that I would've cried.

Can you even explain to me (in a logical way, please) why I would say that I deserve it more?

work , effort , desire , all reasons why one deserves something mroe than another . yes games don't work on who deserves it more specialy when its luck based (unless it was skilled based and one was cheated ) but that still doesn't change one deserving it more than another

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
1. Work:
What I've put into to get Shiny Charmander

2. Effort:
Similar to work but not exactly. Work can be over an unlimited amount of time. Effort could be considered how much one would do in a short amount of time, aka my 6 hours a day hunts.

3. Desire:
I want shiny Charmander and Magnemite so bad I can taste them, as I told someone last night. I have to be getting close. I have to be. That's all I can tell myself, because one doesn't know when it'll come up. And when someone goes ahead and tries to get the same thing you get, and gets it without breaking a sweat.... It hurts. It makes you reflect on your work and think about it. All negatively. And how it may take you twice as long to get yours.
But you keep at it. That's desire. That's what I do. But my 'desire' is in tatters.

I hate luck. Because I suck at it. All of that means absolutely nothing when it is involved. :'( That is why I do not like competition in a race with someone trying to get a shiny. It's just not possible, and I already know I'll lose.
Another reason why I do not pop-out of my place when I get one of my shinies. If I get one, I get one. I wipe the dirt off and keep trying. But once I get Charmander and Magnemite, I may not try again for a long, long time. This is ridiculous and stupid, unless you have the success to show what you've put into it, and 6 doesn't satisfy me. It's alot, but just can't add up to the time I've put into it. Later after D/P is said and done I'll get the ones that I want when all I can do is shiny hunt again. But actual playing Pokemon is on the horizon, and I'll be glad to put this stuff to rest soon. So I won't get anymore headaches. And I can give my fingers a rest.

And btw, dude, "478.704" IS possible. It's just that the ".704" is what's left over from all the safaris, whatever money he has left over but can't go in again, like say 345 PokeDollars......

It's like me saying I can encounter 4.8 Pokemon in a minute. I can encounter 4, and one can be onscreen but it can't make it far enough to make it a full 5 Pokemon per minute before the minute is up.

LOLOLOLOLOL I done alot of hunting to-day LOL nothing LOL not done yet LOL.

:|

-DDD

Years
1. Work:
What I've put into to get Shiny Charmander

2. Effort:
Similar to work but not exactly. Work can be over an unlimited amount of time. Effort could be considered how much one would do in a short amount of time, aka my 6 hours a day hunts.

3. Desire:
I want shiny Charmander and Magnemite so bad I can taste them, as I told someone last night. I have to be getting close. I have to be. That's all I can tell myself, because one doesn't know when it'll come up. And when someone goes ahead and tries to get the same thing you get, and gets it without breaking a sweat.... It hurts. It makes you reflect on your work and think about it. All negatively. And how it may take you twice as long to get yours.
But you keep at it. That's desire. That's what I do. But my 'desire' is in tatters.

I hate luck. Because I suck at it. All of that means absolutely nothing when it is involved. :'( That is why I do not like competition in a race with someone trying to get a shiny. It's just not possible, and I already know I'll lose.
Another reason why I do not pop-out of my place when I get one of my shinies. If I get one, I get one. I wipe the dirt off and keep trying. But once I get Charmander and Magnemite, I may not try again for a long, long time. This is ridiculous and stupid, unless you have the success to show what you've put into it, and 6 doesn't satisfy me. It's alot, but just can't add up to the time I've put into it. Later after D/P is said and done I'll get the ones that I want when all I can do is shiny hunt again. But actual playing Pokemon is on the horizon, and I'll be glad to put this stuff to rest soon. So I won't get anymore headaches. And I can give my fingers a rest.

And btw, dude, "478.704" IS possible. It's just that the ".704" is what's left over from all the safaris, whatever money he has left over but can't go in again, like say 345 PokeDollars......

It's like me saying I can encounter 4.8 Pokemon in a minute. I can encounter 4, and one can be onscreen but it can't make it far enough to make it a full 5 Pokemon per minute before the minute is up.

LOLOLOLOLOL I done alot of hunting to-day LOL nothing LOL not done yet LOL.

:|

-DDD

Thankyou for proving that because Fufu is so ignorant and stubborn that he doesnt see it like we do. Sorry Fufu, but everyone knew what I was saying so maybe sometimes you should just worry about yourself and not other. Also, before you make assumptions Fufu, you shouldnt think that you will get Regirock any time soon because I am going to get it before you.

Anyway no safari shiny yet, but I have all night. Wish me luck.

mrplanters

Years
Wow guys just relax. You guys don't need to get on each others backs just for something so pointless like pokemon. (I'm sorry but I mean it sort of is we're looking for random pokemon that are colored different.)

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Absol, if I never found another shiny after finding a shiny Absol I would not argue.

Anyway, I haven't touched my games in the time I've been away, but given we're a week away from D/P it'll be nice to play a new Pokemon game, don't you all think?

Years
*Glomps LDD* It's good to hear from you! ;)

I think you should go for what ever you feel comfirtable with, as for me I am hatching for shiny Mr. Mime right now and I am content on getting it.

Edit: Does anyone know a good nature for shiny Mr. Mime?
I'd say Calm (+SDef -Atk). Mime makes a good Calm Mind tank.

Hi all. I was hoping I could join the Shiney Hunters Club. I've been wanting to join for a while, but i broke my sp 2 years ago so...

I'm not sure if it counts, but i did catch a shiney linoone in a previous game, but i dont have it anymore. And once i buy my ds tomorrow, I'm gonna start hunting shiney treekco.(sp?)
I'm lucky to have the honour of admitting you to the club. Welcome! ;)

So lets start a topic.

What shiny pokemon do you wish you have in your games?

For me it would be Jirachi and Celebi.
I have a big long list I maintain. Here are my current top ten:
  1. Meganium
  2. Seviper
  3. Ampharos
  4. Metagross
  5. Delibird
  6. Drifblim
  7. Gardevoir
  8. Espeon
  9. Starmie
  10. Charizard

I'm gonna try going for an all-nighter, too, despite it being a school night. I'll alternate between Abra and Latias so that I don't get too bored.

Good thing I have chargers right next to the bed. After looking at Alakazam's movepool in D/P, I want a shiny Abra (for Alakazam, of course) quite a bit more. Good luck to everyone else.

And does anyone else think some of the D/P sprites are kinda...well, ugly? Latias' sprite, especially the shiny form, looks very bad to me. When I see a shiny Abra, it almost blinds me! :D
Some are, yeah, like Seviper (where did the blue tint come from? o__0), but Alakazam got a dozen times better, which is one of the reasons I went for one at the Game Corner. Observe:

065.png
=>
065-m.png

I'm currently double hunting for Beldum on Emerald/DS and stuff in the Power Plant on Fire Red/SP. 3700 Beldums seen total.

Years
Leadership disputes, people getting skeptical of others' claims; you know, the usual. ;)

I'm working through a totally awesome electric shiny plan. First, I hunt in the Kanto Power Plant until I see something. If it's an Electabuzz or Pikachu, I move on to New Mauville in Sap/Emerald to hunt. If I see a Magnemite/ton there (or in the PP), I save in front of a Voltorb at New Mauville in Emerald (I haven't done the quest there yet to save a Voltorb for the occasion) and soft reset for shiny Voltorb. This guarantees I get no repeats, yet permits me to get as many as three different shinies if I'm lucky!

I also had a dream (I guess that makes me crazy, too!) where I was playing Diamond. It appeared to have been a used cart, as there were a bunch of shinies already on it which I was discovering. The trainer memos were incredibly pwnsome (better than the actual game, I'm sure). They showed a map (Sugimori art), highlighting the location where the particular Pokémon was found. Correct maps of Sinnoh, Kanto, Hoenn, and the Seviis would be shown as appropriate.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Thankyou for proving that because Fufu is so ignorant and stubborn

Explain this please. If anyone here is ignorant, it's you because you clearly can't enter the Safari Zone .704 times, yet you still choose to explain you're point, which you're currently failing at.

shinyhunter said:
that he doesnt see it like we do.
I fail to see what you're referring to.

shinyhunter said:
Sorry Fufu, but everyone knew what I was saying so maybe sometimes you should just worry about yourself and not other.
If "everyone" knew what you were talking about, then why was I the one to challenge you? And if you "knew" that you couldn't enter the Safari Zone as a fraction (as you are expressing it in your previous post), then why did you not just post it as a whole number? Furthermore, I'm not worrying about you at all; I'm simply pointing out stuff in your post that I view (and for the most part is) incorrect when it comes to shiny hunting and the games in general.

shinyhunter said:
Also, before you make assumptions Fufu, you shouldnt think that you will get Regirock any time soon because I am going to get it before you.
What a great way to end a post. Seriously, congratulations. How do you know you'll get Regirock before me? I'm serious, how? Oh, wait, I know the answer, you don't know when! You're just making an assumption! =/ Why don't you stop being a hypocrite, and quit making assumptions yourself, hm? I mean, it can't be that hard! I haven't even been hunting for Regirock lately, nor do I plan on hunting for it until I get Latias, Cyndaquil, Beldum, and Lileep.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Err Well Mikey joined and there was a huge arguement... but don't worry about all of that. ;P Shido caught like 8 more shinies within the last week -_- and yadda yadda yadda. Oh, and I got my DS Lite =D and reserved Pearl version. I'm so happy. xD Now, how do I charge the battery? I'm sure I know how to, but I don't wanna screw up.. xD

Years
Please stop nitpicking, Fufu. We all know you can't go to the Safari Zone (or to the bathroom) .702 of a time. It's just a statistic.

And when we say one "deserves" a shiny, we're talking about work vs. reward, just as DDD explained. After doing a certain amount of work, you've earned your reward. (a shiny) Life doesn't always play fair; we know that; but we can vent.

Back