• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
New Update.

well kinda.

This is a peak at a future update about a major feature of the game.
Ofcourse, a Pokemon game is all about adventuring and battling, but Pokemon Protectors allows the plater to become good or evil.
The game allows the player to join a team or organisation of your choice....

How this is done will be revaled in a big update coming soon, but here is a new screenshot just to keep you smiling!
It's the Stat Card (replaces trainer card, since most of the info shows up on the main menu's window anyways).

revampedstatcard1bg3.png

So, each team has their own bar. If the bar's black indicator is in the middle or yellow zone, the team has no real opinion on you. If it's in the red zone, this means the team hates you and will try and get in your way.
If it's in the green zone, it means this team likes you, and they will help you through out the game.
And the Pokeballs under your picture is your trainer rep.
There is 5 pokeball rep slots to fill. The more you have, the more of an established trainer you are!

Again, stay tunned for the future update to explain how this all works out!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Rah! I'm jealous of these awesome events and systems you've made for Protectors XD Looking totally great Neo!

I wanna ask for your help on my CBS and I could return the favor with resources =P I'm a crummy deal maker, but I'm just so envious lol

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Could I have a CBS if so I can send you plenty of resources to pay you back i quess lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Wow, I really hope a demo is released. This really makes me wanna try and continue my pokemon game....

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
The game progress quiet slow...I wonder how is the game now? Any new screenshot or update, Neo-Dragon?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thanks for the great comments everyone. Means alot as always.
And no this game aint dead, it is just that the project is so big, updates are along time part. Also, i like to post meaningful updates, so thats another reason.
Have faith people.

Got none?
Well let me restore some!

Well this update took alot longer then expected.

It is a really big update, so there will be alot to read. I'll make another thread on one of the features.

Sorry to everyone who was waiting on it, I know I said I would post it yesterday, but I got a horrible bug with the pokemon re-aranging system that needed to be fixed or else I wouldn't post it.
But as you can guess, It's fixed now.

As of writing, this update is not up on the main website, but should be up later tonight.

I'll go into detail what has been done, and give you an insight to my mindset as I did all of it.

Speaking of my mindset, I'm draining from working on this ha... It took awhile to do, but it needed to be done.
My thinking of this update was to improve some lazy code work I had done and to improve actual gameplay for the player rather then just a system that the player will not notice.

So my first part of this update is more of the introduction/storyline has been coded and a great scene happens with the player being interviews by the police. I won't spoil it here, but you can head over to my forums for the inside look. I will post the update here in the future for everyone to see soon!
The new feature that is in the game plays a vital role to the story and effects the game right from the start!

Ok, so remember I said this update is big right?
As well as adding this vital gameplay feature I have also added a new item.
It is simply a Diary that is given to you to help you keep track of what you have to do.
introdiaryvy6.png
diaryinbagxm0.png

diaryfirstentrymp5.png

This diary will get updated as you play through the game. This helps make it easier for the player to start playing the game and knowing what she/he has to do.
Also, you can make the background transparent from the menu.
diaryfirstentrytranspardx1.png

Now, onto the menu.
You may remember a feature know as the Cross-Pokemon Bar, or Quick Pokemon bar.
This showed you what pokemon was on your team on the main menu.
menuhighlightedpokemonre4.png

Well this has also been updated.
With the press of the enter key, you will be taken to the Universal Pokemon Menu.
This is the same pokemon menu layout thats used in battles.
universalpokemonmenuvu7.png
universalpokemonmenu2nm9.png

It displays the information needed when you need it.

Again, this menu is know as the Universal Pokemon Menu for a reason. It has the same look for everything...
Even using items.
usingitemsoverworld1rb2.png
usingitemsoverworld2fq4.png

This is like this because it will be stream-lined for the player! No confusing different menus. All the same look to the pokemon menus!

So please tell me what you think of this update, as I worked really hard on it.

*** More updates still to come!!!! Including this new VITAL feature soon***

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
It look GREAT!!!
Wow!!!!
I really like the game!!!
When will the demo out???

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thanks guys.
Remember I said there was a new feature which would change the way you would play the game, and that this new feature was vital!

Well....

HERE IT IS!
The Conscious Choice Feature!
Thats right....
Some of you will remember this if you have played my older game, Silk2 (Download here : http://www.freewebs.com/martyrgames/Pokemo..._v01.9_real.zip ).
This feature made the game.
This feature made it stand out from the rest of the games.

Why?

Because it was for this feature that the player could choice his or her own path.
This feature allowed you to make choices, and with each choice came different outcomes.
And lead to the demo of Silk2 having 3 different endings.

Well now. This feature is back in Pokemon Protectors, with the choices and effects blown up!
I have said in earlier posts that you could join Teams right?
I have said you could become good or bad and people could like or dislike you right?

Well I wasn't lying!

Lets have a deeper look!

Here is a scene from the intro of the game.
It is about 5 minutes into the game.
After seeing Giovanni, Team Magma (and it's leader Maxie) and Team Aqua (with it's leader Archie), the police stop by your house to ask you some questions.
interview1gv5.png

Suddenly, before he asks you questions, the screen's colors are drained.
Everything is silent.
And the little voice in your head can be heard!
interview2xh7.png
interview3vk0.png

Right off the bat, 5 minutes into gameplay, this feature kicks in.

As I said, the choices you make WILL effect the gameplay!

Right...
So you are being interviewed by the officer.
Instead of just pre-scripted answers, you can choose what intormation to give him!
interview4og7.png

As the screenshot says, the choice is yours.

First Question:
interview5sz8.png

Do you?
It's very clear in the opening cutscene (which was posted in an earlier post) that Giovanni was after Mewtwo.... But do you want to tell the officer that?
interview6mg6.png

Ok, the first question has 2 choices. Very simple. But the outcome will effect your reputation with Team Rocket.
Telling the officer will make your REP Points with Team Rocket decrease.
Giving no information will make your REP Points with Team Rocket increase.
In this case. I'll tell.

Remember, just cause you told on Team Rocket, it doesn't mean your good. It just means Team Rocket will not like you as much. But the other 2 evil teams still have no opinion of you!

After I picked yes, my stat card was shown and Team Rocket's REP Points decrased by 2!

Second Question:
interview7tv0.png

Again, yes, we know that Team Magma and Team Aqua members and leaders showed up.
But do you tell the officer.

Let's look at the choice!
interview8au8.png

Hmmm.
This has 4 choices!
And the effects are more complex.
You can say tha both teams were there, and post teams REP points will decrease.
Or you can say only 1 Team was there, and which ever Team you give info on REP Point will dcrease, and the team you DON'T give info on REP Points will increase!
OR
You can say neither team was there and have both teams REP Points increase!

The choice is yours.
I decided to say noone else showed and look what happened.
interview9ey0.png

You can see both Team Aqua's and Team Magma's Rep Points both increased (also note, Team Rockets decreased from earlier).

Well end of spoilers for now!

You are going to be amazed at how in-depth this feature will be, and how much better the gameplay will with this feature.

Leave a comment on what you think!

Improfane

hiatus
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
This feature reminds me of Star Control II in how you choose your own path.

The biggest problem is designing the actions based on all of those reputation values. If you don't assign enough to happen based on those variables, it will just be a uninteractive number on your stat card that will be ignored.

Good luck.

This game will give much inspiration:
http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
The game is looking great!The feature is absolutely magnificient.Neo-dragon you are one skilled coder!The only problem I have is that the game keeps being updated with features but no progress.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
WOW!!! That is amazing, It's just an amazing concept!

Also, the link you provided just leads back to this page...

§ilv£r

Team Rocket Member
Years
  • Age 31
  • ???
  • Seen Nov 1, 2007
OH-MY-GOSH! This game is amazing. Last time I checked this thread, a few days ago, and first time I saw this thread, a few months ago, I was not so happy with this game. But now... it's a totally different story - the screenshots are just simply amazing, the tiles are just incredible, and the battle system, is well, GREAT!

Hope I get to find out more about this game. As it is probably part of my Top 5 or 10. Good luck!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
This game is AWESOME!!!
The screenshot look great and I've played before the Pokemon Silk series you made, Neo-Dragon...
I like the idea of the choices and the reputation system!
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back