• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Well ive checked them all and I dont see anything about it unless I missed it but what im trying to do is make it so a script dose diffenrent things after something else has happened like when you first go to get your pokemon at Oaks you cant take it untill you talk to Oak.

Obviously you missed something. What are you talking about are "flags".
See the tutorials for further info or just decompile some scripts.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
Years
ive uploaded an image into pokemon sapphire, but when i go to test it, it comes out all messed up.

i've uploaded both images, one of my sprite, and one of what happens to it in game.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
ive uploaded an image into pokemon sapphire, but when i go to test it, it comes out all messed up.

i've uploaded both images, one of my sprite, and one of what happens to it in game.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

the sprite's size should be 64x64 in both height and width...
palletes, should be 16 colours only...
if the image is too big, repoint it correctly...

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
im gunna sound really stupid now but, how do i repoint it?

Repoint to to free space. In UNLZ uncheck the "abort if too big" and then in the image offset plug in an offset with free space (An example would be 0x845000). Finally, check the box "automatically fix pointers".

Also what number in UNLZ did you find for replacing the sprite in the intro? I can't seem to find it... :S.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
Years
Repoint to to free space. In UNLZ uncheck the "abort if too big" and then in the image offset plug in an offset with free space (An example would be 0x845000). Finally, check the box "automatically fix pointers".

Also what number in UNLZ did you find for replacing the sprite in the intro? I can't seem to find it... :S.

in pokemon sapphire the male is 1292, and the female is 1293.

however inruby i think it is 1293 for the make and 1294 for the female.

edit: thanks for the help =]], my character in now fully in, it did however delete the female character, but ive fixed that =].

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
How can I change the pictures of the trainer in the Intro of Ruby, the trainer pic on the trainer card and the battling pic?

Thanks

Firebird1515

Pokemon Champion
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2012
i can't find thi so here it is

How can i edit the titlescreen AND the title movie thingy in EMERALD?
Edit the movie like jagold did on reign of legends

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
so in the script, do i just have to type 1001 for the flag or do it like 0x(number)
setflag 0x[flagNumber]

can you use unlz-gba to edit birch in pokemon sapphire/ruby? because i cant find him in there?
If you can't find him it probably means he's not compressed. You'll need to use a program like TileEd 2002 or Tile Molestor to find him. Not sure about the offset though sorry. It'll be a fairly large sprite though so it shouldn't be difficult to find. Start from the bottom.

i can't find thi so here it is

How can i edit the titlescreen AND the title movie thingy in EMERALD?
Edit the movie like jagold did on reign of legends
The titlescreen can be edited by importing tilemaps and tilesets from UNLZ and editing them. Look in the Documents and Tutorials Forum, editing Emerald's Titlescreen is the same as editing the FR/LG one.

What movie are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back