• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

Out of curiosity, what car do you drive? :p that sounds like my car, which is a 2011 Nissan Versa.

And yep, that's mine as well. I can go 2 weeks if I don't do a whole lot of driving but it's usually no less than a week when I have to fill up.

I drive a 2010 Hyundai Elantra. It's a decent car for the most part, but if I get a job soon I plan on getting rid of it for something else.

Years
I drive a 2010 Hyundai Elantra. It's a decent car for the most part, but if I get a job soon I plan on getting rid of it for something else.
I like my Versa quite a bit that I don't think I wouldn't want to get rid of it. The only things though is that I've had its battery die recently (but it was the stock battery in it) and it has hand-crank windows and manual locks, but none of that really bothers me. It's a vehicle that gets me from Point A to Point B.

Oh yay, 2000th post! Coincidentally, my 1000th was also made in the DCC :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have a 2004 GMC Sierra. Trucks are da best. But at the moment, I'm using my dad's 2012 Dodge Avenger because I'm taking advantage of his Sirius XM Free Trial. :D

Honest

Hi!
Years
God, I can't believe I've reached 500 only after almost a month. ;;

In other news, I'm no longer this thread's most frequent poster. Yipee!

Years
God, I can't believe I've reached 500 only after almost a month. ;;

In other news, I'm no longer this thread's most frequent poster. Yipee!
Well your vacation last week probably didnt help that :p

I was the top frequent poster in here for a while haha, but I guess that's slowed a bit, especially since my promotion has shifted my priorities

Years
Well, textbooks knocked out $300 off me already. So much for saving, though it was a necessary spending.
I never understand why textbooks cost so much money in college anyways.. and to see how some textbooks have less pages than their cost is another thing, too

Years
Paying for textbooks in addition to tuition seems redundant, though that's just me.
It's not just you. I wish that either colleges lowered their cost on tuition or didn't include prices on textbooks. It's pretty redundant indeed.

And the fact that more employers these days are requiring college degrees is what makes things a nightmare, IMO...

Years
I never understand why textbooks cost so much money in college anyways.. and to see how some textbooks have less pages than their cost is another thing, too

Tuition fees are just the cost of going to school in the first place and they go toward generally keeping a school going. Those keep going up usually because there's less and less help from the government to pay for schools.

Textbooks are usually chosen by the instructor and the prices are set by the publishers, usually. Lots of instructors order the same book titles year after year, not realizing that there are new editions (which have, like tiny changes to problems or page numbers so that your old editions won't match) and then you're stuck buying the newest ones. And since the publishers have a kind of monopoly on college textbooks (unless you're taking a class on Shakespeare in which case, yay, cheap books for you) they can load the books with glossy color photos to raise the price.

So it's a combo of instructors and publishers that make your books so expensive. Sometimes the instructors are the ones who write the books, too, in which case they're extra responsible for your paying so much.

Years
You know, I wish professors at least provided a copy of their textbooks to show their students so that the students would know what to buy and whatnot.. I mean, I have no idea if professors do this already, but I have heard of cases where people do get the wrong textbook for their class, and it's just off by an issue number.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm actually looking forward to my four day weekend this weekend. Because Labor Daaaaaay :D

edit: ninja'd as usual.

I go for digital versions of textbooks all the time. If I can't find a digital version of the textbook I need, then buying them online would be my last resort.

droomph

weeb
Years
no band practice so that's good

or it's bad

depending on how hot would be on Friday
You know, I wish professors at least provided a copy of their textbooks to show their students so that the students would know what to buy and whatnot.. I mean, I have no idea if professors do this already, but I have heard of cases where people do get the wrong textbook for their class, and it's just off by an issue number.

Sell it on eBay I guess.

lol idk don't they write their own textbooks or something?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
ugh books. I usually wait until after I attend the first class before getting my book to avoid the problem of getting the wrong book. But right now I'm stuck with the problem of I do have the book but it's an earlier edition because when I took the first Biology it was one edition and now Bio II is using the newest edition. And she recommends the latest edition because that is where she takes test questions from and it's just a huge pain. I've just been using my old edition for now and I might just try buying the latest edition off amazon or something because there is no way I'm paying another $100 or something on a book I technically already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back