• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Alpha] (MEH) Map Editor of Happiness

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Most issues are just because I've been working on the program's internals and I happen to break things on accident. The entire NPC editing code is a bit weird since it was actually done by interdpth and I haven't really touched it throughout all the modifications I've made. So a lot of things need work there. And suggestions are always welcome. :)

With that said, I hope you're all as excited as I am for this, and happy hacking to all. :)
Thanks for the detailed reply!

I had thought perhaps I messed something up, so it's nice to know that it wasn't a user fault lol. Thanks for explaining that to me.

Seeing your updates brings a smile to my face, knowing that I am one update closer to leaving A-Map in the past! Good luck, and keep up the great work!

EDIT: In regard to the time conversion system (16 hours = 24 hours) is there a way to modify this? Also, will we see an option for modifying this directly through the GUI? Thanks in advance!

Tyroz

In tenebris est et in nobis.
Years
Thanks for the detailed reply!

I had thought perhaps I messed something up, so it's nice to know that it wasn't a user fault lol. Thanks for explaining that to me.

Seeing your updates brings a smile to my face, knowing that I am one update closer to leaving A-Map in the past! Good luck, and keep up the great work!

EDIT: In regard to the time conversion system (16 hours = 24 hours) is there a way to modify this? Also, will we see an option for modifying this directly through the GUI? Thanks in advance!

Shiny said it was actually 6 hours = 24 hours. That is why he stated the default was 4x. So in game, the Player can go through 4 days if playing for 24 hours straight. If I read correctly he stated it could be changed also.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 26, 2021
Hey i tried hacking 3 years ago but was too dumb for advance map, now i looked again in this forum and hope that the tools are now more suited to me.

I have suggestions for the wild pokemon area:
Could you implement a type based (and probably also other stuff like nfe?)Filter in the wild pokemon area? if i want to place only water pokemon in the water for example, i dont need the other types, or if i want to only add bugs in a forest.

Also in windows word when you chose the fonts, already used fonts are placed above everything else, implementing something like this for pokemons in a area (already on this route placed pokemon on the top) it would be great, since i dont want to add always 12 diffrent pokemon to an area.

//edit: and filtering already used pokemon of an evolution row in the whole game would also nice if you want to implement all pokemon without forgetting one.
Yeah, else great work you have done.

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
Shiny said it was actually 6 hours = 24 hours. That is why he stated the default was 4x. So in game, the Player can go through 4 days if playing for 24 hours straight. If I read correctly he stated it could be changed also.
Ah, I guess I didn't read it as thoroughly as I had thought. Thank you for clearing that up. :)

Years
Hey i tried hacking 3 years ago but was too dumb for advance map, now i looked again in this forum and hope that the tools are now more suited to me.

I have suggestions for the wild pokemon area:
Could you implement a type based (and probably also other stuff like nfe?)Filter in the wild pokemon area? if i want to place only water pokemon in the water for example, i dont need the other types, or if i want to only add bugs in a forest.

Also in windows word when you chose the fonts, already used fonts are placed above everything else, implementing something like this for pokemons in a area (already on this route placed pokemon on the top) it would be great, since i dont want to add always 12 diffrent pokemon to an area.

//edit: and filtering already used pokemon of an evolution row in the whole game would also nice if you want to implement all pokemon without forgetting one.
Yeah, else great work you have done.

I agree with you on the 12 pokemon part, however, I think there's no need for a type based filter, I mean, how hard can it be to check each pokemon? However, if you meant like, next to each pokemon their type/s, it'd be a neat idea, but still not a over 9000 feature

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
I think a filter could be quite useful actually. Especially if you could define your own lists.. As for the 12 Pokémon thing, wouldn't that mess with the encounter ratio per slot? Or did I misunderstand?

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I think a filter could be quite useful actually. Especially if you could define your own lists.. As for the 12 Pokémon thing, wouldn't that mess with the encounter ratio per slot? Or did I misunderstand?

This is correct, the 12 Pokemon per slot is staying due to it being hardcoded into the game (and I don't feel like recoding it either), plus the different encounter rates. As for filtering, maybe. And I can actually see a use for the recent Pokemon thing as stated above, so I'll probably be putting something in similar to that.

This is also correct, and just a note on this system, it's actually based on the number of clock cycles passed. So if you are using an emulator with speed boosting/unthrottling or an overclocked GBA, it will advance the time according to the intensified speed. However, most emulators already have built in RTC support anyways so this is yet another non-issue.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
Not sure if this was suggested or not, but maybe you could add a feature that lets you choose which eyecatch you want to use when you enter a dungeon?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 15, 2017
Hope to not bother you, but I just found a little bug in MEH that isn't that serious. It's with the Nidorans in the wild Pokemon area. If you use the arrow keys to scroll down, and go from Nidoran (f) to Nidorina then Nidoqueen and press down again, it'll take you to Nidoran (f) instead of (m). If this has been reported before then sorry.
Also you can't choose Nidoran (m) in the wild pokemon, it thinks it's Nidoran F, even if you type 32 in the dex number thing, it will take it back to 29.

This still seems not to be fixed. I downloaded MEH yesterday, and have exactly the same problem.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
3 layer tiles? I'm literally squeeing on the inside. So much potential for graphics. Can't wait until it's beta/finished.
I hope there's multiple tile selection so inserting tiles would be less of a pain.

Having tiles show their hexadecimal would be nice. I use Advance Map 1.9.2 to check them so I can animate them in Animeditor. Or you can implement a tile animator into meh.

Btw, that disclaimer is hilarious XD

Years
Having tiles show their hexadecimal would be nice. I use Advance Map 1.9.2 to check them so I can animate them in Animeditor. Or you can implement a tile animator into meh.

Yet another good point. Animation support could liven up so many hacks. If you have time SQ that would be awesome!

Tyroz

Years
Come Back Shiny! We MISS YOU! ...And the weekly updates that come along with your visits...

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Come Back Shiny! We MISS YOU! ...And the weekly updates that come along with your visits...

Sorry, got hit with an unexpected class which I had to take all of last week. If anyone's curious about progress, I have a patcher working for Wizard and all that's left is making a configuration pane and a few small things. I think for the color masking instead of doing the usual external palette editing I'll allow the user to use a standard color dialog so that they can change the hue, saturation, brightness and RGB values alongside a small preview of the map.

Bliss

Years
I'm not usually one for single word comments, so I added this sentence before it..

LMAO!
Sorry, got hit with an unexpected class which I had to take all of last week. If anyone's curious about progress, I have a patcher working for Wizard and all that's left is making a configuration pane and a few small things. I think for the color masking instead of doing the usual external palette editing I'll allow the user to use a standard color dialog so that they can change the hue, saturation, brightness and RGB values alongside a small preview of the map.
I completely understand! I've been learning HTML and CSS over the last week or so, and it's a headache, to say the least.

Anyway, it's wonderful to see an update come in even though you got swamped! Thanks for all the great work and effort! MEH will overtake AMap permanently as the #1 Map Editor for Pokemon! Or maybe it already has, it IS open source, after all.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2021
This all looks amazing. Rom hacking has sure come a long way from the old "tools are for losers, everything has to asm hacking" mentality.

EDIT: This was only my first post? I could have sworn I'd posted before this...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
This all looks amazing. Rom hacking has sure come a long way from the old "tools are for losers, everything has to asm hacking" mentality.

Back when Pokemon Rom Hacking was at its height and the Scrapbox was a thing, ASM hacking was basically a hidden beast that few dared to touch (even some of the most prolific/famous hackers).

Since then, ASM hacking is a lot more public, in that the semi-common hacker uses it. There's way more ASM now than there was back then, you're just more likely to get more help with it now.

Tyroz

Years

It's all good. :) Just glad to see you moving again. :meow:

I'm not usually one for single word comments, so I added this sentence before it..

LMAO!

I missed him...^_^ I wanted updates...>_>

This all looks amazing.

It does look Fan-Friggen-Tastic! and hat tends to happen.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Well, I have another bad stroke of luck, but I'll be gone for the next 3 weeks unexpectedly (literally found out yesterday night) starting today. Since I never got to actually finish out the Wizard configuration editor, I'll be releasing a bit of a pre-release JAR for MEH which includes the patcher for Wizard, but nothing to edit it in terms of configuring. This is so people can kinda play around with it and get a feel for what to expect when I get the chance to finish the configuration pane.

The JAR can be found here. This is a pre-release JAR, separate from the buildbot, and I would only recommend using it to patch Wizard and nothing else. To open the patching dialog, press the far right blank (I think it's blank...) button on the toolbar. The source code has been uploaded to another branch on Github for anyone who wants to look.

Back