• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
The screenies look awesome....I had to save that screenshot containing all the eevolutions..Keep it up & eagerly waiting for a release/any release/alpha/beta/anything :)

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
The screenies look awesome....I had to save that screenshot containing all the eevolutions..Keep it up & eagerly waiting for a release/any release/alpha/beta/anything :)
There will be an alpha released soon containing everything up to I think the town in the last screenshot with the pink buildings, not to sure where exactly the alpha will end but its coming soon.

We also have plans regarding the eevolutions, its going to be fantastic. I'm not going to give anything away yet but I don't think any of you will be disappointed

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
There will be an alpha released soon containing everything up to I think the town in the last screenshot with the pink buildings, not to sure where exactly the alpha will end but its coming soon.

We also have plans regarding the eevolutions, its going to be fantastic. I'm not going to give anything away yet but I don't think any of you will be disappointed

I'm going to try and work on it this weekend and maybe I can get it out here but don't quote me on it and I am currently working 64 hour work weeks so I can only work on it on the weekends now.

eli-chan

princess eli (◕ω◕✿)
Years
the concept is amazing that i need a download. no pressure, though. c:

haha, i'm only joking. i love your plot and the graphics so much! good luck on that last scene ~

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
the concept is amazing that i need a download. no pressure, though. c:

haha, i'm only joking. i love your plot and the graphics so much! good luck on that last scene ~
Well that last scene is infact not the last scene as we are going to release a beta soon with everything up to the screenshot with the pink buildings and stuff (I hope that is the last screenie on the main thread). Also we are doing touch-ups on some beginning stuff and just some ASM stuff so its going to be a while, as I'm combining all that work with you know, the actual real lives of the team but will get the beta out eventually.

eli-chan

princess eli (◕ω◕✿)
Years
Well that last scene is infact not the last scene as we are going to release a beta soon with everything up to the screenshot with the pink buildings and stuff (I hope that is the last screenie on the main thread). Also we are doing touch-ups on some beginning stuff and just some ASM stuff so its going to be a while, as I'm combining all that work with you know, the actual real lives of the team but will get the beta out eventually.

oh, i understand. good luck!

Le pug

Years

yes what faroh said and it's almost completely a one man working project besides those who are helping me with the small things I need so the project is taking longer than expected especially since I am now in my last training phase of my navy career and I'm working 12 hour days Monday-Friday and really only have time to do maybe one or two small things a day during those days and I spend maybe half my weekend on it so it's definitely taking a lot longer than I wanted but I'm trying. I'm on Korowai Hill now and it's looking great so far, but I'm in need of so sprite work and all my spriters seem to be MIA lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Your hack really does look great, le pug! I can't get over how you changed the titlescreen song. Tears of Life, my god the nostalgia... it kind of works with the theme too.
It's really fresh and different from a usual Pokémon game. I wish you all the best in completing it =)

~AvaraMoon

Le pug

Years
Your hack really does look great, le pug! I can't get over how you changed the titlescreen song. Tears of Life, my god the nostalgia... it kind of works with the theme too.
It's really fresh and different from a usual Pokémon game. I wish you all the best in completing it =)

~AvaraMoon

Yeah I love Tears of Life, like you said it brings on the nostalgia lol. Thank you for the compliments! It means a lot and words like yours are what inspire me to try harder and keep working on it so thank you again!

Le pug

Years
Shoot me a bat signal, man, I'll respond if you need something. XD

Alright I will man :]

Today and tomorrow are snow days for us even though we are getting 1/2 inch of snow if that lol so I have time to work on the hack! I'm over half-way done with the second place Korowai Hill and I've got custom artwork being done i.e. VS sprites and fakemon evolution sprites so things are looking great so far

Le pug

Years
Good news so far. I have almost completetly finished Korowai Hill, the second town, along with a connection map known as Korowai Lake and all its events as well. Added some new OWs and trainer sprites and then all I'll have left is the insides of the buildings including the Korowai Hall which will be a dark-lit maze home with many mysterious puzzles and pokemon! It'll also be where you get your first talisman fragment! ...Or will you?

Dun dun duuuunnn

Le pug

Years
Why does this hack not have more hype? It's a very well-done hack!

i think over 6 pages is pretty good for a hack without any betas or alphas or any releases for that matter. I think it's getting a decent amount of hype and for that, it's good enough for me to keep pushing hard! (that's what she said)

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Good Luck to you for this! This looks great! Cant wait to play the first Alpha!

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
i think over 6 pages is pretty good for a hack without any betas or alphas or any releases for that matter. I think it's getting a decent amount of hype and for that, it's good enough for me to keep pushing hard! (that's what she said)
The more the people will in the thread before, more pressure will get on the cretor to release the Ist alpha. And also, it shows that people are showing in the hack and makes the creator happy.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
It hasn't been discovered yet.
I freaking love this pun! It's so corny, but it made me laugh so its okay. xD
The more the people will in the thread before, more pressure will get on the cretor to release the Ist alpha. And also, it shows that people are showing in the hack and makes the creator happy.
I completely agree, it makes me happy that I see people checking and actually posting on this thread, and I'm the co-owner/all around person. Also we aren't really pressured to release an alpha but more focused on making sure everything is goiong to be perfect for the alpha.

Speaking of co-owning and all around doing-ness, I am the threadmaster/maker guy over at the Team Discovery thread and we would like to get some overworld spriters to help us, so if you can help us, please go to the Team Discussion thread on either Le Pug's signature, or just going there from Team Discussions, can't miss us.

Back