• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I found some bug from your hack rom(Pokemon Liquid Crystal)
1.When I play it on gpSP, it's freeze while foe using harden,metal claw, iron tail,etc.

We are aware of this bug, but not what actually causes it. We're trying to fix it.

2.Bug of Burning tower, you can walk in the wall
3.Bug on whirl island
4.Bug on new island, some tile not you give movement permission
5.Bug on Ruin of Ralp, some tile not you give movement permission
6.freeze when you press blue icon in map card

We really need more information than that in order to fix the bugs.

Years
Does anyone know what we're supposed to do/find in the Rocket Treasure Hunt near Leaf Bay City? I spent about 1 hour in there and found nothing. In fact, I had the feeling I kept going round in circles.

As for the old lady's blackglasses in Essence town, I've looked for them everywhere in and around the city and never found them. Could anyone give me a hint? I take it from LaZ that it's not hidden, but I'm still clueless.

Anyway, I love the hack even more now that I'm in the "totally new" part of it. Keep up the good work.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Hey, I have a quick question, and would appreciate, if I'd get a quick answer.

Are there any benefits to catching a number of pokemon? Like in FR/LG, where Oak would send aides every 20 or so with some items. And if I get something for a specific number, could someone please post how many should I catch?

I'm at Olivine right now and captured every single one I could up to this point (I'm really afraid I'll miss out on something), but AltTab-bing every while out of VBA to Advance Mapper and walking back and forth though the grass makes the game kinda boring in my opinion...

Also, to everyone wondering about the Lost Woods (I dunno if it was posted, 93 thread pages, man), if You go there right after getting Surf and the badge, You'll see Suicune at the pond, like he/she/it used to appear in Crystal in a couple of places.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
Problem getting past Violet City

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or missing something, but I'm having trouble getting past Violet City.

The first thing I did there was go up the Bellsprout Tower, and when I did, my rival was up there and had just got HM Flash (I assume it's flash) and left. But when I talk to the elder he won't fight me or give me the HM.
When I go to the gym in Violet city, all the trainers in there speak to me as if I've already fought and beaten them, including Falkner, but I have not. I don't have any badges or anything.
If I try to leave the city, there's a kid blocking the way who tells me to go back to the gym...

Is this a bug? Or am I supposed to do something else?

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Like in the original game, the boat only sails on certain days. Try to sail tomorrow and the day after that, etc. If I remember well, there's a small flag at the entrance of the "harbour" when the boat sails.

Okay, thanks a bunch! :) hopefully it will work!

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
Hey everyone. I just needed to make a quick stop and say what an awesome hack this is. I'm really new to the community and this is my first hack played. I gotta say it is awesome. I'm still just right after i beat the elite four first time playing and is still wondering in the warping area trying to find the switches.

I have basically found 3 of the stone sellers but i am afraid i forgot where the moon stones were sold. the sun stone i don't even know if there is a seller.

Spoiler:

I have not read the posts above so ignore if this has been said already

I have noticed some changed with the placement of the legendary Pokemons. Cus i followed a video on YouTube about the 2.1 beta in attempt to find groundon but failed...
but there are still some bugs that i experienced during my play. Some of the soft soil patches does not work after i plant berries in them. Or they just eat my berries like those blasted vending machines that eats my quarters.

I'm also having some problems with the evolutions. Can anyone tell me how to evolve a kadabra, gravaler or a machoke? i got steelix after training my onix to level 26. But it sure came a suprise when i found ralts after cherrygrove and poochyena before.
I can't also get the pokedex to work correctly it only shows a map of Kanto for the area of the pokemon and not Johoto. so is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
I have basically found 3 of the stone sellers but i am afraid i forgot where the moon stones were sold. the sun stone i don't even know if there is a seller.

The Sun Stone seller is at the Olivine lighthouse :) Thanks for the rest of them!

I can't also get the pokedex to work correctly it only shows a map of Kanto for the area of the pokemon and not Johoto. so is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

I think it's more of an engine limitation, might be wrong though.

Years
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or missing something, but I'm having trouble getting past Violet City.

The first thing I did there was go up the Bellsprout Tower, and when I did, my rival was up there and had just got HM Flash (I assume it's flash) and left. But when I talk to the elder he won't fight me or give me the HM.
When I go to the gym in Violet city, all the trainers in there speak to me as if I've already fought and beaten them, including Falkner, but I have not. I don't have any badges or anything.
If I try to leave the city, there's a kid blocking the way who tells me to go back to the gym...

Is this a bug? Or am I supposed to do something else?
What i learnt from your problem I think you are either using the wrong rom to play or you had over patched the game to your previous save file...

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
Headbutting trees seems to not work on Ampharos. I taught my Farfetch'd to headbutt and it works fine. I've tested this around 50 times with my Ampharos. Either I'm really unlucky, or it's a bug.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
The Sun Stone seller is at the Olivine lighthouse :) Thanks for the rest of them!
Thanks for the location. And I've just found out that the poke seer in cinawood city can tell when the pokemon evolves.

Also the teleport system is weird it tells you to more random places. I think there is like a pattern so i'm trying to figure out this thing.
Spoiler:

also i've found somthing weird. When a pokemon learns a new move it is not better sometimes even if it says it has better power. Like when my typhlosion learns flame wheel at first i did better damage with ember. It was against the exact same pokemon cus i just loaded F10. So is there a system that the more u use a move the better it becomes? Does anyone have an answer?

can anyone also tell me where amulet coin is? Oak said he left it with his aid but i can't find him in route 16....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
can anyone also tell me where amulet coin is? Oak said he left it with his aid but i can't find him in route 16....

I think the AIDES don't work, they are a leftover from FireRed.

In Gold/Silver/Crystal the Amulet Coin was at the basement of Goldenrod Department Store. When You'd reenter the area, the containers there would be placed in a random order. It doesn't work like that in Liquid Crystal, and I don't have a clue how to make the leftmost container move or disappear (inb4 hacking), because there are two item balls there that I can't get to...

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
Headbutting trees seems to not work on Ampharos. I taught my Farfetch'd to headbutt and it works fine. I've tested this around 50 times with my Ampharos. Either I'm really unlucky, or it's a bug.
I can confirm it's working. Wow, you're really unlucky.

In Gold/Silver/Crystal the Amulet Coin was at the basement of Goldenrod Department Store. When You'd reenter the area, the containers there would be placed in a random order. It doesn't work like that in Liquid Crystal, and I don't have a clue how to make the leftmost container move or disappear (inb4 hacking), because there are two item balls there that I can't get to...
You get access to one of the items after cleaning the Underground. I have absolutely no idea how to get to the other one though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
also i've found somthing weird. When a pokemon learns a new move it is not better sometimes even if it says it has better power. Like when my typhlosion learns flame wheel at first i did better damage with ember. It was against the exact same pokemon cus i just loaded F10. So is there a system that the more u use a move the better it becomes? Does anyone have an answer?

Typhlosion specs up higher with special attack. Ember is a special-focused move, while flame wheel is a physical move based on attack. Your special attack should be higher than your physical attack. Flame wheel is also not too much stronger than ember in terms of attack power. Therefore, ember should hit for higher.

BUG:

I think this is a bug, but I'm not quite sure. So I'm nearing the end of the game, when I've already defeated Team Rocket and fought my rival in the Dragon's Den. After I go to see Mr. Oak about the Orange Islands, he stamps my S.S. ticket and tells me to go to Vermillion. I go there, and then go to the police headquarters because Azel (I think that's his name) tells me to go see him. He gives me another assignment, which is the finding strong trainers one. After that, I get my underwater sea pass from the same building. However, when I go to the ship, they tell me to get a sea pass (which I already got). Then they say "The ship is not sailing right now". So...no idea what happened there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
What i learnt from your problem I think you are either using the wrong rom to play or you had over patched the game to your previous save file...

I'm using the Fire Red rom, and there is no previous save file.

Am I supposed to be using a specific edition of Fire Red?

Years
Typhlosion specs up higher with special attack. Ember is a special-focused move, while flame wheel is a physical move based on attack. Your special attack should be higher than your physical attack. Flame wheel is also not too much stronger than ember in terms of attack power. Therefore, ember should hit for higher.

BUG:

I think this is a bug, but I'm not quite sure. So I'm nearing the end of the game, when I've already defeated Team Rocket and fought my rival in the Dragon's Den. After I go to see Mr. Oak about the Orange Islands, he stamps my S.S. ticket and tells me to go to Vermillion. I go there, and then go to the police headquarters because Azel (I think that's his name) tells me to go see him. He gives me another assignment, which is the finding strong trainers one. After that, I get my underwater sea pass from the same building. However, when I go to the ship, they tell me to get a sea pass (which I already got). Then they say "The ship is not sailing right now". So...no idea what happened there.

To go to the Orange Islands, you need to take the Underwater Express (which is a train like the Magnet), not the boat. To find it, you have to surf south-east of Newbark Town. Hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
To go to the Orange Islands, you need to take the Underwater Express (which is a train like the Magnet), not the boat. To find it, you have to surf south-east of Newbark Town. Hope this helps.

I surfed southeast and dived down. It's still not there.

Years
I surfed southeast and dived down. It's still not there.

There's no need to dive lol sorry, my message was not clear so you must have misunderstood. In New Bark Town, surf east, then south, then east again. It's a new route Linkandzelda added. It's full of rocks and stuff, but eventually you should arrive on an island with a buidling on it. The "Underwater Express" station is in that building. :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
Originally Posted by Jambo51
We really need more information than that in order to fix the bugs.

Please check it with Advance Map, and you know it

For "freeze when you press blue icon in map card" I mean,
It's freeze when you prees A for guide the blue icon in map card, please try it

Or not, I can help you to fix this roms about map bug.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
Enjoying this very much. Until now I discovered that Salamence can't learn dragon claw from the move tutor, wth do I do now?!

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
I got a question. I got a LC 3.1 beta. an when i turn teh game on and i am about to start. Hmm You woke me up!? Will you check the clock for me? What time is it? Wha? The clock has stoped? That can't be right hmm Try and read clock again....

I got Visual Boy Advance if that help. Is it supposed to be this way or i got to cgange somethin. Please help me cuz i cba reading 90 pages before me. And i don't rly want to find out in the middle of a game that i could have more options.So Please help me :) thx in advannce.

Back