Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Reload this Page Anyone speak/write fluent Japanese

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Old June 20th, 2006 (08:19 PM).

Yeah.... what the title says. I'm trying to write a pokemon fanfic in which one of my characters speaks mostly Japanese, but alas, I've only taken one year of it and there are just some things I haven't covered yet, so if I could get a reader or two as a beta to fix my glaring Japanese errors when I'm done writing...

Fic will be championshipping. Yes, everyone hates that pairing.
Old June 23rd, 2006 (06:56 PM).
Crystal Bell Keeper

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
There is another trouble if you are going to have a character speak Japanese besides making it 'fluent'.

Many of your readers will not know Japanese so you would need someone in the story to translate it to English for them.

In which case, saying she is speaking Japanese and still having the words be in English (since one or more of the characters may speak it to, or it is a common language in their area) may be a better idea.

Vampiric pokémorphs and the Nurse Joy who must love them.
Old June 26th, 2006 (08:43 AM).

Thank you for your help, Orange Flaafy. I will try that instead.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links