• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It's kind of a misnomer to say older "version" tbh. Doctor Who is still a continuous story, from One, Susan, Ian, and Barbara to Eight's TV movie and audio adventures to Twelve and Clara and beyond. Nothing has been remade, really, it's just continued. Different characters, different stories, all across time and space... it's really something. A massive, intertwining canon.

As far as I'm aware, there is an incredibly limited selection of Classic Who serials on Netflix. And they don't even have a selection of the best, nor do they have any of Six or Eight. It's very upsetting.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I need to watch some Six. I don't understand his character at all yet 8D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
PLEASE DO SIX IS WONDERFUL

I mean, some of his serials were lacking and there was a whole ♥♥♥♥storm at the BBC during his time but Colin Baker's performances are genuinely amazing~ Trial of a Time Lord/season 23 was def the high point of his TV run, even though it was his last season. And it's a cohesive four serials so it's really easy to jump into and stick with tbh.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
I don't know about you Adventure, but I do think six was the most ridiculous regeneration possible. His suit was ridiculous, he immediately mocked his previous regeneration, and then, to top things off, the first thing he did was...
I'm gonna put this in the spoilers category.
Spoilers.
Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Colin Baker actually has said he would have preferred a costume very similar to what Eccleston ended up with; what he requested was a black velvet to reflect Six's rather darker nature. The rainbow suit was JNT's design, intended to contrast the darker personality. Probably wasn't the best way to do that but whatever. The version he canonically wears in the audio dramas is in shades of blue and that's much better.
Six was often inconsiderate, melodramatic, and very egotistical. He very much believed himself to be the best of his incarnations thus far. As for your spoiler, the Doctor has done some weird ♥♥♥♥ under regeneration sickness. Ya really going to complain about that? And Peri following him still? Where the hell she gonna go? Besides, she's a firebrand herself, and quick enough to match him at times. They do like each other and Six does mellow out over time, most noticeably in Season 23. Not even mentioning the audio dramas.
Thing is, the whole drama at the BBC during that time forced Colin out of his role earlier and without at many stories as intended. He didn't get as much of a chance to explore Six's very multifaceted character as he would have liked, and thus Six comes off very harsh and for the most part, not so likeable. But look past it! Six is a lot of fun to watch~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah I think it's nice with a change of pace, so Six will certainly be interesting after the friendly Five.

Which brings me to Twelve. Did you guys see the new "teaser"? Only a few seconds more than the last one but this time with dialogue! Lol

Spoiler:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Hulu has a good amount if not most possible collection of Classic Who. ^.^

I've only seen a bit of 1 and 5, I did see a bit of 4, didn't like him that much.

Years
PokéCommunity Username: Broponi
Favorite Doctor: Can't choose between the 4th or 10th!
Favorite Companion: Donna!

I have been a Whovian for 3 years now and I have seen most episodes, not all, considering the BBC had poor archives with the 1st and 2nd doctors.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Hulu has a good amount if not most possible collection of Classic Who. ^.^

I've only seen a bit of 1 and 5, I did see a bit of 4, didn't like him that much.

Netflix still has the classic Doctor Who as well. Problem is, I've had such a hard time getting through Eleven's episodes as it is. I love the tenth doctor waaaaaay too much right now. Kind of obvious now, don't you think? XD Anyway, I'm actually forcing myself to push through Eleven's episodes so I can be ready for the premiere of series 8. DX

I've seen it previewed on BBC America a lot while watching the episodes there too. I'm slowly starting to get used to Eleven, but it will take me some time. XD

countryemo

Years
Netflix still has the classic Doctor Who as well. Problem is, I've had such a hard time getting through Eleven's episodes as it is. I love the tenth doctor waaaaaay too much right now. Kind of obvious now, don't you think? XD Anyway, I'm actually forcing myself to push through Eleven's episodes so I can be ready for the premiere of series 8. DX

I've seen it previewed on BBC America a lot while watching the episodes there too. I'm slowly starting to get used to Eleven, but it will take me some time. XD
I know it does, but it's hardly a selection. Hulu has like every episode besides the missing ones.

Yeah kinda. :P I liked 10 but as soon as I know The Eleventh Hour and some of his later stories, he became my favorite Doctor.

Filming Updates:
Spoiler:

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
Well, like I said... I'm starting to like Eleven. He's actually sort of charming, almost like a prince or something I guess. I still really like the tenth doctor. I'm not sure why, but he's just got so much pep and excitement over everything. It's so cute.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I like both of them :D they are the same person, after all ;)

But I think I'll always think of Ten first whenever someone says "the Doctor" or "Doctor Who".

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I know it does, but it's hardly a selection. Hulu has like every episode besides the missing ones.

Yeah kinda. :P I liked 10 but as soon as I know The Eleventh Hour and some of his later stories, he became my favorite Doctor.

Filming Updates:
Spoiler:

I wanted to post this because this is something that BBC has stated in an article. It was on my Facebook, and I thought everyone should know in case anymore spoilers come up (especially the one countryemo posted). I just don't want anyone to get in trouble. :[

BBC Worldwide is currently investigating a security issue around Doctor Who Series 8 where unfinished material has inadvertently been made public. We deeply regret this and apologise to all the show's fans, the BBC and the cast and crew who have worked tirelessly making the series. We would like to make a plea to anyone who might have any of this material and spoilers associated with it not to share it with a wider audience so that everyone can enjoy the show as it should be seen on 23rd August. We know only too well that Doctor Who fans are the best in the world and we thank them for their help with this and their continued loyalty.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh, but talking about rumors is so fun! But yeah... no big spoilers before the airdate of course :) But stuff like knowing that Danny Pink will join and such is already official, isn't it?

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I'm not sure. I think what countryemo posted is what they are referring to. I don't think they are talking about stuff they've already announced. Apparently, stuff has been leaking out, and they are just telling whovians to not spread them and such.

countryemo

Years
I know about the script leaks, haven't looked into them. These were all outside public filming information.
They never had a issue with people sharing that, otherwise they would tell people to put their cameras/phones away.

countryemo

Years
Sorry about the double post but.

I find it funny that people are mad that the first EP will be in Vic. England and not through time and space. I mean its the first episode, theyre always set on earth, the poly gang is there to help with the doctors regen. I mean really. Plus budget because how expensive the specials were, but its funny to see people complain over something so... Common.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Are they? Pfft. So the pater noster gang will be in the first ep? Nice to hear that some characters will carry over from 11 to 12's era, unlike River being the only one from 10 to 11's. And Sarah Jane if you count the spinoffs because I think she met 11 at some point?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
A wild evil stud muffin appeared! Glad to see that you too are still alive ;) I'll click your link whenever I can get online on my computer again.

Back