• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
on advance map i go into a room and it warps me to the enter and not through the door/mat why? and i need a snowy village thingy tilset does anyone no where to get one and program to put it in advance map

Have you got any backups? Looks like the ROM is screwed up.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
n00btrosity

I'm sorry if this sounds extremely n00bish but how do I open XSE? I can't seem to find an . exe in the 'Source' file.

PS Hackmew, I just downloaded A-Trainer - It's awesome and you're amazing!

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
sorry i meant center
if i go into a house it warps me to the middle of the room but walking out the house works fine and sometimes if i walk out of a mart it shows me walking out the poke center

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
I've tried them; they won't take my tilesets because they're either too big or not the right format. I've tried Tiled, TaT, all of the most popular ones, and none of them will work with my tilesets.

Right now, the only program that seems to work for me is the Map Editor 2 for Pokemon World Online, and even then, it can't import any tilesets. If anyone has any experience with that program, and adding in tilesets to it, please let me know.

Last edited:

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Sorry? I don't understand what do you mean o.O
I'm going to replace the sprite for the hero during the intro sequence (i.e. with Oak asking your name and whatnot) and the sprite came out all weird. See Figure 1.

....Figure 1:
Problempng.png

So I go into APE and enter the palette offset for the in-game sprite (not ^ one)
and then........NOW what?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I'm sorry if this sounds extremely n00bish but how do I open XSE? I can't seem to find an . exe in the 'Source' file.

PS Hackmew, I just downloaded A-Trainer - It's awesome and you're amazing!

There's no such thing as a "source file", indeed. The source is the source. Make sure to download the proper archive. That is, not the source.

sorry i meant center
if i go into a house it warps me to the middle of the room but walking out the house works fine and sometimes if i walk out of a mart it shows me walking out the poke center

Still the same. No backups?

I've tried them; they won't take my tilesets because they're either too big or not the right format. I've tried Tiled, TaT, all of the most popular ones, and none of them will work with my tilesets.

Right now, the only program that seems to work for me is the Map Editor 2 for Pokemon World Online, and even then, it can't import any tilesets. If anyone has any experience with that program, and adding in tilesets to it, please let me know.

I would suggest you editing/adjusting your tileset to they meet the editors' standards.

I'm going to replace the sprite for the hero during the intro sequence (i.e. with Oak asking your name and whatnot) and the sprite came out all weird. See Figure 1.

Spoiler:

So I go into APE and enter the palette offset for the in-game sprite (not ^ one)
and then........NOW what?

Could you tell me what did you do exactly to insert the new sprite, replacing the old one? The step-by-step procedure, you know. Be detailed.
As far as I can see the legs are truncated at the bottom and probably you unticked the "Auto abort if too big" option in unLZ while inserting. Anyway, when you're in APE and you enter the right offset, all you need to do is to edit the colors. Also, don't forget there's an intro sprite editing tut in the Documents and Tutorial section.

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
hackmew how does tht mess up the rom if it only happens when im messing around with the warps because they warp to difrent places

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
I would suggest you editing/adjusting your tileset to they meet the editors' standards.

I can't; the file extension needed for the file editors that reject the .pngs are in some funky extension like .tvx or something that I can't replicate, and the ones that reject them for being so big count the tiles, and their tile threshold is so small, it's not even worth using them.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
hackmew how does tht mess up the rom if it only happens when im messing around with the warps because they warp to difrent places

It's an AdvanceMap bug. You might try re-inserting/resizing your map to see if it helps.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Huh?

There's no such thing as a "source file", indeed. The source is the source. Make sure to download the proper archive. That is, not the source.

What? But I downloaded XSE from your thread and the only folder in the zip was called 'Source.' I might just have done something wrong, but can you tell me where the actual program is, please? Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, right sorry to interrupt.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I tried opening a script in xse and it wasnt working. a pop up on xse said that the file was empty.whats wrong?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Maybe the script is just empty?

Its doing it with all the scripts.IIts opening xse but nothing is popping ip,just a blank screen.

EDIT: I didnt fix it but I found away around it,,i created a patch then applied it to a new rom.

Last edited:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Advance Map Overwriting

I've been trying to insert some maps into my ROM (FireRed) to replace the Safari Zone, but have been having no luck. It always seems to overwrite some of my maps with the map that I just inserted, and I can't seem to be able to fix it. Originally I thought it was the map footer, because I was getting the "Invalid pointer to map footer." on the map after the one I just inserted. But I fixed it using this tutorial. So now a couple maps after the one I just inserted are blank, but I don't care about that, since I was going to replace them anyways. My problem is that when I enter the map before the one I just inserted it warps me to a spot on the one I just inserted. It's something like this:
Spoiler:

Obviously that's not where it's supposed to warp me to. It's not even the right map. I think it's overwriting stuff, but I don't know how to fix it. It looks fine in A-map. This is really important to know before doing other stuff because right now it seems I can't insert any maps. Can anybody help me?

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
1.I'm having trouble importing D/P tiles into my fire red. I've tried importing them using advanced map, but since the palletes don't match, it just shows a green block. (is there anyway to change them using uNLZ, without having to change the palletes, if so can anyone give me the offsets for the tree's tall grass, and buildings)?

2.Right now I'm trying to edit the trainer sprite on the intros, not the overworld sprites, but I can't find the offsets, or do I need another program?

3. can anyone tell me how to use and insert scripts using XSE?

thank you guys so much, ~Zero

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hackmew;Make sure you download the proper archive[/QUOTE said:
What? But, HackMew, I downloaded XSE from your thread and the only folder in the zip was called 'Source.' I might just have done something wrong, but can you tell me where the actual program is, please? Thanks.

nibbsy7

Head of LG Entertainment
Years
natdex

hi, ive been trying to get the natdex to work in firered, but i cant find where to insert the script, when you receive the normal pokedex
i know this :
special 0x1F3
but where do i put it?
thanks in advance

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
hi, ive been trying to get the natdex to work in firered, but i cant find where to insert the script, when you receive the normal pokedex
i know this :
special 0x1F3
but where do i put it?
thanks in advance

Create a new script and put it in there. Or, you can look in Prof. Oak's lab, and open up the scripts through A-Map and XSE (set XSE as your script editor), and find the script that gives you the Pokédex flag to begin with (I don't know it off the top of my head, but I think it's something like 0x828).

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I've been trying to insert some maps into my ROM (FireRed) to replace the Safari Zone, but have been having no luck. It always seems to overwrite some of my maps with the map that I just inserted, and I can't seem to be able to fix it. Originally I thought it was the map footer, because I was getting the "Invalid pointer to map footer." on the map after the one I just inserted. But I fixed it using this tutorial. So now a couple maps after the one I just inserted are blank, but I don't care about that, since I was going to replace them anyways. My problem is that when I enter the map before the one I just inserted it warps me to a spot on the one I just inserted. It's something like this:
Spoiler:

Obviously that's not where it's supposed to warp me to. It's not even the right map. I think it's overwriting stuff, but I don't know how to fix it. It looks fine in A-map. This is really important to know before doing other stuff because right now it seems I can't insert any maps. Can anybody help me?
Check the warp numbers.
If they are bigger than the amount of warps in the warp-into map, it will warp you in a random location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back