• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legends (working title)

Which region would you rather see in Pokemon Legends?

• Hoenn

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
This game is very well done man. It has this feel of authenticity about it, specially the maps.

My only biggie is that the wild pokemon get too strong too fast in the early stages.

But other than that, keep it up, it's going good so far!

Scompi

Thanks guys, for your support. I dont need help with mapping, just some ideas for a story, or little things like a town namer, cave namer, etc. Oh and i also need the big things like, spriters, for new pokemon or like new map objects. and a scripter, if i want to add or edit special events.

Oh and can someone make me a banner for my game, like the ones in jack1's sig and DarkArcz's sig. because i am not good at spriting and art.

And just a little poll, should i change the first gym to something more...simple?

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Don't change the first gym. It's better that way. Can't wait for the next update. ;)

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
Years
Sorry but tried the latest demo. I got out of my house and the game froze up. WHAT'S HAPPENING?

Scompi

Sorry Christos, I decided to change the first gym, it was a bit too complicated for a first gym.

_pikachu_, sorry but i dont need revamps, but new custom pokemon.

ShadowPK1, i have no idea why it did that, i tested it so many times and
i never had that problem.

Last edited:

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Thanks guys, for your support. I dont need help with mapping, just some ideas for a story, or little things like a town namer, cave namer, etc. Oh and i also need the big things like, spriters, for new pokemon or like new map objects. and a scripter, if i want to add or edit special events.

Oh and can someone make me a banner for my game, like the ones in jack1's sig and DarkArcz's sig. because i am not good at spriting and art.

And just a little poll, should i change the first gym to something more...simple?

Thanks!

I can be a town namer, if you ever need one XD

EDIT: I made you a temporary banner, until you can get a better lookin one, feel free to use these that I made with some free image editing tools :

And your first Gym was kinda confusing, and theres something weird about it, if you take the one of the arrows from Brocks right, you can see some trainers off screen

Sorry but tried the latest demo. I got out of my house and the game froze up. WHAT'S HAPPENING?

Was the ROM you used clean? As in, you din't apply any other patch before it? I heard that your game can crash if you applied a patch to a ROM that isn't clean.

Last edited:

Scompi

Yeah, i already changed the first gym, i made it a simple, 1 trainer and 1 leader gym.

Thanks DarkArkz for the banner! If you support Pokemon Legends please put one of these banners in your sig:

beta2th8.jpg

beta3gd6.jpg

credit to DarkArkz for banners. ^

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Nice screens scompi. I like them alot. I about to finally download the beta. Keep it up, this hack is really cool.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
The Weather Institute looks great. By the way, whats that SCIENTIST BADGE that the NPC was talking about? Is it a badge from a Gym leader, or just some Key Item we're supposed to get?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Played the beta, seen the screens, all is great!, just be careful where you move the people, because in the old first Gym you could see some trainers lurking in the shadows (at least you can give'em the Hidden attribute, or remember that we can see seven tiles ahead horizontally and four vertically)

~Jack~

Back In Business
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2007
this hack is so simple and perfect good job!!!!!

Years
I can make some sub-quest story lines, if ya want PM me.

[EDIT] Forgot to say good job so far, keep it up!

Last edited:

Scompi

Hey everone, I know its been a while since the last update, but i hope you guys are still interested in the game. My games .gba file was mysteriously... deleted and I had to go find the latest version of the game on the internet(v0.6). And, well I took a little break from it also, since i kept screwing up the file and it kept getting corrupted.I lost count of how many times i had to restart from the latest version. But now i'm being extra careful by having 2 backup files, just incase i forget to update one. So just to keep you occupied i took some screenshots of it. Enjoy, i guess.

Route 4(North Coast)-
1lx6.png
2yk0.png

3rp4.png
4xz4.png

8zz7.png

Briarsedge Gym-
5qj2.png

Cyan City Gym
6ey3.png
7ez0.png

Expected changes to next version
[-] ROUTE 5A/ROUTE
[-] WEATHER INSTITUTE
[+] ROUTE 3
[+] ROUTE 4
[+] ROUTE 5
[~](dont know change sign) CHANGED BRIARSEDGE GYM
[~] CHANGED CYAN CITY GYM

Thanks, Scompi.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Well it's nice to see you haven't quit bud. I do look forward to seeing more buddy. Keep at it cause I'm supporting you all the way.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
:D Wow! Nice screenshots you got, and the plot sounds great too! Keep it up, and soon you'll go down in the Rom Hacker's Hall of Fame. Don't give up, and do rush it! ;)

Scompi

Thanks to those 3 guys who posted before this. I appreciate it, thanks. btw, this is the 100th reply!

Okay i made some new screens.

You will have the opportunity to go to Cianwood City, which is located to the right of Cyan City. They are seperated by a newly built route called 'JOHTO ROAD'.
Here's where it's located.

untitledua7.png

Here are the screens, enjoy!

9pi4.png
10mp5.png

11tn7.png
12ng0.png

13hh2.png
14cs4.png

15kv8.png
16qn2.png

CHANGES SO FAR