• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
sylveon_zpsb5d6ba93.png

Kalos is taking the region by storm, with slyveon, that makes 2 pokemon officially added save for their gen 6 moves, once the moves and abilities and what not are updated, I'll continue ith some more kalos pokes

whatcha think, I think it came out well

PariWasHere

Gamer
Years
I think the Sylveon sprites look amazing~ (hopefully that's what you're asking about)
The only things I have against it would be in the front sprite (I'm not sure if you sprited this yourself or not, but I'm just assuming you did), Sylveon seems to be angry or something (which doesn't seem to match with Sylveon itself, if you know what I mean). Also, I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but those black outlines on the bottom near the legs just doesn't don't seem to look right. Maybe if you lightened the outlines that are supposed to belong to the feet closest to us (like on the front, not sure how to explain exactly)?
Oh, I noticed this right when I was about to post this message, but (on the front sprite) the ribbon on the (our) left ear (where the bow isn't) doesn't seem to match with the back sprite (of course it's probably not really necessary). In the back sprite you can see where the ribbon goes up to the bow, while in the front sprite it seems to just disappear behind the ear/head (I'm not sure if I'm explaining clearly or not, sorry ^^").
The sprite overall is really very good, much better than what I could've ever done. xP

I used to be a spriter, but I quit spriting about a year ago (lost motivation). Just so you know. xD
This is all just my opinion, though. ^^"

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I think the Sylveon sprites look amazing~ (hopefully that's what you're asking about)
The only things I have against it would be in the front sprite (I'm not sure if you sprited this yourself or not, but I'm just assuming you did), Sylveon seems to be angry or something (which doesn't seem to match with Sylveon itself, if you know what I mean). Also, I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but those black outlines on the bottom near the legs just doesn't don't seem to look right. Maybe if you lightened the outlines that are supposed to belong to the feet closest to us (like on the front, not sure how to explain exactly)?
Oh, I noticed this right when I was about to post this message, but (on the front sprite) the ribbon on the (our) left ear (where the bow isn't) doesn't seem to match with the back sprite (of course it's probably not really necessary). In the back sprite you can see where the ribbon goes up to the bow, while in the front sprite it seems to just disappear behind the ear/head (I'm not sure if I'm explaining clearly or not, sorry ^^").
The sprite overall is really very good, much better than what I could've ever done. xP

I used to be a spriter, but I quit spriting about a year ago (lost motivation). Just so you know. xD
This is all just my opinion, though. ^^"

haha, well I suppose its nice to get criticism from a veteran ;P
yes I sprited it myself, I wanted it to be different from the dozens of sylveons out there, but I see what you mean about the eyes, I could make them rounder
as for the ribbon, I suppose you're right, its just from the front view the ribbon goes behind the head, but its covered by bow and all that, but I could just lower where it is on the back sprite, and that should fix it :P

I also like it because sylveon is just sitting down, taking it casual :)
**edit**
a much simpler solution would be just to add a bit of ribbon at the top of the front xD

PariWasHere

Gamer
Years
Well, I wouldn't call myself a veteran. xP I was decent, at least. ^^"
I also really like the pose, it's very well done! ^^
Yeah, that would be much easier. xD
This sprite is definitely one of the best of all the Sylveon sprites I've seen so far, good job~!
I look forward to future updates, good luck~

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Well, I wouldn't call myself a veteran. xP I was decent, at least. ^^"
I also really like the pose, it's very well done! ^^
Yeah, that would be much easier. xD
This sprite is definitely one of the best of all the Sylveon sprites I've seen so far, good job~!
I look forward to future updates, good luck~

haha, why thank you :3
I wanted it to be different than most :P
and as an update I added the little ribbon part and rounded out the eye, and made it look a little slimmer

I also wanted it to look different than the other eevee-lutions, as they all have a slightly different pose from one anther, an easy way to have it stand out was to make it sit down hahaha

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I have revamped both the start menu and the pokegear! (with the help of Hansiec)
they both look nice and fresh, and are throw backs to my favorite game, Pokemon XD

second, I have finally settled on 5 apps, 4 of which will be usable in the next release, while 1 is sort of not used yet, they are:
Achievements; Phone; PC; Badge Case; Poke Locator

You read that right, the PC can be accessed remotely by visiting the PC Nurse from Cyan City, she will give you the App after you first heal your pokemon
it will only allow access to the pokemon boxes (re-arranging, depositing,withdrawing) no access to anything else (pffft like you need anything else)

the Poke locator will be available at the start, but only sort of
what it does is allows you to choose any route or cave, and see what pokemon are available there, their rareness, and what time of day they show up (far better than the "nest" option on the pokedex
it will only "sort of" be available, as you can only see the available pokemon of the routes you have visited before

the phone is the one that is pretty useless, but will be fully functional in V5

the achievement systm is being planned on also for V5, and will be pretty awesome, V5 is a real game changer

the badge case is what you would expect and is available at the start

drops will be available in V4.2
the menu and pokegear awesomeness will be available in V4.2
2 new areas, and 2 caves will be accessible in V4.2
the beta will end at the snorlax in mt. kratos
all of ardiger town will be available in V4.2
any and all known errors will be fixed in V4.2
sylveon will be available in V4.2
I will post the new evolution methods after V4.2 is released (maybe sooner, iunno)
there will be countless added trainers in V4.2
Saves are transferable from V4.1 to V4.2, but as always, I recommend starting new as it will keep you busy and will be fun to play and will keep you busy til V5 is released which will be very far off to supply it with massive content
V5 will also be backwards save compatible, but you will have a major detriment to story, as the obtainable eevee at the beginning will be very different in V5 than in V4.2, I may correct this beforehand, I will let you know otherwise

basically V4.2 will be awesome, while V5 will be 20x better

Finally, I will probably release V4.2 by the end of February, as school is starting back up, and I still need to make some touch ups and add lots and lots of content.

here are the images of the start menu and pokegear!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm not releasing a V4.2 anymore, I'm starting to get bored with this, so progress will be slow, and instead the 4.2 will be V5
so the next update will be a while away, but will have a lot more content, e.g.,
everything mentioned for the V4.2, revamped beginning of the game, more focus on rival than before, 3 kalos starters officially added to the game, all of honedge's evolutionary line, all abilities/moves up to gen 6 added, 2 caves, 3 towns, 5 routes, first encounter with an Elite, and a transition to a substory of the inner realms of your own mind!
that last part seems a little unorthodox, but its interesting

Time travel may or may not be available, if it is it will be limited, and just the first, more primitive use of it - basically you will be limited to certain things that you will not be limited to later on

I may release a bug fix with some leaks as well, but iunno if I'll get around to having anything clean just yet

Opinions:
I need some feedback, I was planning on making all of eevee's evolutions be available via stones, should they be cannon? should sylveon be stone? should sylveon be friendship+fairy move? should be be something else related to friendship?

also, I was going to have some good music from various things, but change to classic old school bgms for when you go to the past, and better ones when you go to the future, should I make it be the same music style throughout? change from 3 different styles in the 3 different time periods? something else?

Last edited:
Years
The thing with friendship + fairy move is that it conflicts with the other friendship evolutions so I suggest a simple stone for Sylveon.

The change of music styles for the different time periods seems like a good idea.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
The thing with friendship + fairy move is that it conflicts with the other friendship evolutions so I suggest a simple stone for Sylveon.

The change of music styles for the different time periods seems like a good idea.

it wouldnt, if I chose friendship+move it would be like so:
area (grass or ice) has priority over friendship+move, which has priority over friendship+time

that way regardless of time of day, if eevee knows a fairy move, it will be sylveon unless you are in a specific area - otherwise it will become the either espeon or umbreon

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
So I've thought about it and decided that eevee will evolve in traditional means, however you will receive a plot driven eevee, growlithe, and spearow throughout the game. Each of these pokemon have improved stats, and will be received with perfect IV's. Once they evolve, they will then have a signature move, and as you progress in game, receive a special kind of megastone. These megastones will have a very interesting effect on these plot pokemon.
I have also decided on making the future part of the game be in gen 5 style, I already whipped up a character sprite for the player, and I think it came out pretty good! Ill release a screen shot when I get the chance.

HipsterHypno

Hippest Hypno in the land
Years
This game, simply put, looks bloody amazing! Definitely need to give this a try. Very well put together I must say.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
This game, simply put, looks bloody amazing! Definitely need to give this a try. Very well put together I must say.

thanks man, I appreciate it - the demo you'll try out is fairly old with some bugs, like it ending via broken bridge event in the last town, and slow text/exp gain - dont worry they'll be fixed in the next release but for now they're kinda annoying

It's really just a taste of whats to come, the next release will be more polished I assure you

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Why do you tease me with Beldum early on and they are almoast impossible to catch?

because it evolves late, same with larvitar, however, I have no touched their catch rates of any pokemon, if you have a hard time, then you have bad luck

I hope it works out for ya though haha

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
Can i get the download link please :(
i see this game will give me different taste

J-Grizz

Growlithe is #1
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
Hey Raven been a while i seen you have come along way with this game in one year but got a new computer since then tried downloading this again but the link redirected me to a bunch of different downloads none of witch were the game now that could very well be i suck at this stuff lol if you could pm me with the dowload link or even just tell me what i need to click lol

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm working on some super juicy updates for my game that I wasn't initially planning on, but I have a question, what should the evolve form of eevee's name be?

For those who are unaware, the name Litharreon is a coin of mine, which is the mash-up of Growlithe, Spearrow, and eevee's evolution suffix, eon.
This is due to the fact the original intent of the game was to have the starters be these super genetic pokemon.

Over time the game evolved and while they are no longer the starters, but they are still pretty important to the game as a whole.

As for how, they are different than their vanilla counterparts:
they have improved, buffed stats, They each have a signature move, they each have an evolution (with it's own improved stats) and that evolution has 5 total different mega forms. changes include:
Growlithe is a normal type, spearrow has significant stats increases, and eevee has a single evolution, which has multiple mega forms, as do the others.

The first 2 have obvious evolutions, but eevee's is a custom fakemon, and it needs a name, so I ask again, what should this name be?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2016
It depends on what the Eeveelution look's like and it's typing is. If it was a poison or dragon Eeveelution I could see Serpeon. I would love to help you but I need more info.

Back