• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pristine Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
It looks awesome Yoel :3. Not sure I'm fond of the tree tile you've picked but that's maybe just me.

Atomic Reactor

As far as graphics go, it's nothing we've never seen before,a large majority of the tiles look like the same tiles all the other games use :/.You mapped with them well though. Like everyone else has said, the world map is pretty cool. Hope to see some nice updates in the future!

Oh, and the entei animation looks cool!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
As far as graphics go, it's nothing we've never seen before,a large majority of the tiles look like the same tiles all the other games use :/.You mapped with them well though. Like everyone else has said, the world map is pretty cool. Hope to see some nice updates in the future!

Oh, and the entei animation looks cool!
It's not so much about the style, it's how well it's done, and the architectural differences are pretty high. Dew works pretty hard on making them stand out. Find me a place where you've seen buildings like these, otherwise, I can only understand your criticism, but not agree to it.

Other than that, thanks for the comments!

Years
this looks really nice! i wish you can get it to the final release. Anyway, i know maybe it's too soon for this, but i noticed that the roofs are lightened from the south-west (shadows in the upper-left side...) while in the floor shadows are always going as if the light would come from north-east (shadow in the lower-right side...). I'm pretty new in the forum and in the whole hacking world, so maybe this is irrelevant, but i just noticed that...

anyway, i wish you the best luck on this project!

(once again, my english is not the best, sorry if i do not make myself clear...)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Find me a place where you've seen buildings like these, otherwise, I can only understand your criticism, but not agree to it.

I'd say he is referring to the tiles of the "nature" stuff. The builds stand out and are top notch, but the nature tiles look very generic COMPARED to other fan games (I think they look fine, see what word I CAPPED there). I'd guess it's because a lot of games have B/W style nature tiles and these are HG/SS style tiles.

Atomic Reactor

Yeah I was referring to all the nature tiles actually. I should have been specific, sorry. But yeah, all the nature tiles look just like the ones that everyone else uses. Hopefully you guys decide to make new ones to go along with the new buildings. (The buildings look wonderful by the way lol)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yeah I was referring to all the nature tiles actually. I should have been specific, sorry. But yeah, all the nature tiles look just like the ones that everyone else uses. Hopefully you guys decide to make new ones to go along with the new buildings. (The buildings look wonderful by the way lol)
The nature tiles are made from scratch bar the trees iirc. But the HGSS style is quite nice. However I think we'll be keeping the style, but changing the colours if I can find a nice alternative.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Who has what roles on the project? I don't think it's stated in the first post.
Like who does maps? Tiles? Who is leading the project? And so on.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
We're not quite sure, really. At the moment, I've done pretty much everything, with some tips from Abnegation here and there. xD He joined the project after I released the thread, but I'm sure he's gonna be a great co-leader!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Currently I have a list of mapping and scripting to do, which is probably what I'll be doing most, but we'll probably just share everything, we're both pretty confident in all aspects of developing the game. However our specialties differ.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Wow, screens look really nice; the tint in the first set of screens looks very effective.

not really fond of the male character, but thats just personal taste.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
Wow, screens look really nice; the tint in the first set of screens looks very effective.

not really fond of the male character, but thats just personal taste.

Both characters will be replaced, since they're both placeholders for the real awesomeness.

Just a little question, guys, Abnegation's been working on some new color to make the tiles appear less generic, what do you think?
preview2.PNG

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Both characters will be replaced, since they're both placeholders for the real awesomeness.

Just a little question, guys, Abnegation's been working on some new color to make the tiles appear less generic, what do you think?
preview2.PNG
I like the colors, they help the tiles stand out. I don't know if that's an in game map or not, but if it is you may want to check the tile errors with the mountain tiles.

Atomic Reactor

Those colors definitely help! It will really make the game stand out nature wise!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
PristineRoute1.png

Just revising this, and here's a sneak peek at the female hero. I did think from the beginning we needed to change colours, so I did that, how's this looking guys?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
The tiles certainly stand out with that color scheme, and the overall mood its creating is uplifting, so I think it works.

My only grip are the tiles you are using for tall grass, but it's mostly a personal preference. I liked the tall grass tiles looking the way they did with games like HGSS, because they actually looked like clumps of grass and not individual shrubs placed in a weird position on a map. It still looks nice, though, keep it up.

Riansky

Purr
Years
The pallets looks much better right now and tiles stand out more but I'm still not sure if I do like a tree or not. But anyway female hero looks great. Hope to see more soon.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
The new colour-scheme is much better. I'm still unsure about the tree tile.. If you're going to use that tree, then make sure the trees don't overlap (they only overlap in HGSS because they are 3Dmodels); in 2D tiles they shouldn't really overlap.

Also, the revised heroine is good.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
The new colour-scheme is much better. I'm still unsure about the tree tile.. If you're going to use that tree, then make sure the trees don't overlap (they only overlap in HGSS because they are 3Dmodels); in 2D tiles they shouldn't really overlap.

Also, the revised heroine is good.
Well, I have to query this. A lot of the tiles in this game are actually 3D models, but we use them in much the same way as HGSS does; by not seeing all the perspectives. So I don't understand why we should make the trees not overlap like this since the perspective is much the same as it is in HGSS. I'm not arguing your point here, just not sure of your logic is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back