• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon emerald difficult edition 0.70

Years
Pokemon emerald difficult edition 0.70 (released on 01/01/2014)

Pokemon used as base:

Pokemon Emerald (U)

An introduction:

This project started as a personal project because i wanted a change and something new to play but sill wanted to stick to Pokemon. I wasn't interested in changing the graphics or the events themselves, but i had a big interest in trainers, there Pokemon, the gyms and there difficult (i found them to easy) and i wanted to finally catch all Pokemon and fully complete a Pokemon game. I started this project and over time not only edited the top 4 and all the trainers, but i also started to change where Pokemon would appear and so on. I edited there attacks as well as the Pokemon evolution (now trading is not necessary). I have done enough in my opinion to justify myself a first beta release of the game.

Features:

Spoiler:

Evolution changes:

Spoiler:

Bug fixes:

version 0.70

Elite 4 has been made a bit easier.
MAXIE The team magma leader actually should not have a mixed team, this was a mistake in earlier versions, now this has been fixed, he has mainly fire types now.

Spoiler:

Enhancements:

(version 70)

Starter Pokemon triangle changed to fire, water and plant, and depending on YOUR STARTER AND YOUR GENDER, the rivals team will be different each time.
Wally also changed to not suddenly change team for the final battle on victory road, but the Pokemon will change progressively.
The gym leaders are a bit weaker and do not have a Pokemon to counter their weaknesses anymore to keep it fair.

Spoiler:

Have Fun!

Release Log:

Latest version changes:

01/01/2013 at 15.00: look in bug fix and enhancements notes for changes (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.70)

Older Versions changes:

Spoiler:

Credit:

Thanks to nineteenct for completing playing the heck and giving feedback!

Last edited:
Years
Was Charmander supposed to be the only change to the starters?

yeah i think i must have forgotten to save the change that's why only charmander changed... will update it soon sorry and thanks for pointing it out!

Edit: uploaded latest changes and changed starters as well as rival Pokemon!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2012
Great hack so far... Besides the Wild Legendary Pokemon. It just doesn't fit well for me. It would be cool if through out the game there are events for the Legendary Pokemon.

Years
Great hack so far... Besides the Wild Legendary Pokemon. It just doesn't fit well for me. It would be cool if through out the game there are events for the Legendary Pokemon.

I will do this ones i get better at scripting but i just wanted to put it in for now because i wanted them catch able as well :p Thanks a lot for the feedback so far

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2012
I will do this ones i get better at scripting but i just wanted to put it in for now because i wanted them catch able as well :p Thanks a lot for the feedback so far
No problem. There is a heck of alot of Pokemon Catch able too. That's pretty good for a hack. I have caught around 50 Pokemon and am heading to the 2nd gym.

Do you know what would make this game harder? By making the gym battles double battles.

Last edited:
Years
No problem. There is a heck of alot of Pokemon Catch able too. That's pretty good for a hack. I have caught around 50 Pokemon and am heading to the 2nd gym.

Do you know what would make this game harder? By making the gym battles double battles.

I thought about it a lot but i decided against it because i dont want to make the game too difficult ;)

I might make the last gym 3,4,5,6 double battles and leave 1,2,8 as single battles :)

Tryploshion

I become a Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
so unoriginal, expert emerald exits, seriosly u ony put the objetive of expert emerald really this sucks do a good project not noob hacks

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2012
What about the rival battles? Or any other big battles? Just suggesting :P

so unoriginal, expert emerald exits, seriosly u ony put the objetive of expert emerald really this sucks do a good project not noob hacks
Not really the same as Expert Emerald. Give the guy a break, he seems new to hacking. Plus Expert emerald the gyms are Monotype and both games have different starters. I can list a lot of differences between the two games.

Last edited:
Years

I am a noob, i am learning to hack bit for bit, gimme time and i will make it better then it is already ;) let me learn the stuff such as mapping and Scripting first ;)
I am trying to learn scripting but i wasn't sucessfull at making anything good yet, thats why i havent included any of them!

Sorry if you think it is a copy or similar of expert emerald, honestly i ddint mean to make a copy, and i started on this ages a go and didn't release it as i was never happy with it, till now

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2012
I played through every route, dont know how i could have missed this... thx, will change it in my next release
My bad. On my friends file on a different emulator his game on route 117 was edited. Sorry.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Why compare every 386 Emerald hack with Expert Emerald? It's his hack. It's different. Does it have the starters scattered in the same place as EEmerald's? Does it have the legendaries scattered in the same place as EEmerald's? Does it have the events in Battle Frontier? No. Also, improve your spelling and grammar. It's a different hack made by a begginer hacker, but it's good. I'm not saying I hate EEmerald(in fact I'm playing it two times now, you seem to compare other hacks with EEmerald).

blue

gucci
Years
Why compare every 386 Emerald hack with Expert Emerald? It's his hack. It's different. Does it have the starters scattered in the same place as EEmerald's? Does it have the legendaries scattered in the same place as EEmerald's? Does it have the events in Battle Frontier? No. Also, improve your spelling and grammar. It's a different hack made by a begginer hacker, but it's good. I'm not saying I hate EEmerald(in fact I'm playing it two times now, you seem to compare other hacks with EEmerald).

I agree, just because I've made a hack doesn't mean I've put blocks on anyone else making an Emerald hack. Also, this looks pretty nice so far, I'll try it out some time & good luck with it! ^^

Years
Route 117 the trainers aren't edited. The wild Pokemon are though...

You were right... the trainers on route 117 were not edited... i fixed that in my version, which i will release very soon.

Thanks for finding that mistake!

Fixed in version 15!

Last edited:
Years
nice update does this mean i have start a new game ?

It would be best to start again, but i think you can just patch a clean rom and then continue with ur current save... the changes arent major changes so it should be fine.

EDIT: There will be a major update tonight with a few type changes and lots of moveset changes because i had some 'tester pokemon' when i started using YAPE and didnt remove their very good movesets in version 15... E.G. a pokemon would learn thunderbolt,surf,flamethrower and solar beam... will change that :p

Last edited:
Years
New version up (version 0.16) There has been a few Pokemon type changes as well as a few attack changes for each Pokemon.

For version 0.20 planned: A lot of attacks' : accuracy, power and PP changes and some Mapping changes! (hopefully if everything goes well) I am just not creative enough :/ maybe in future ;)

I went ahead and just implemented it, there will be a release in a few days time, got to do some testing first ;) will also make the trainers little bit harder (not by alot!) in the next release.

if anyone thinks i should keep some attacks the same or change any of the above attack changes or you find bugs in the current release please tell me

EDIT on 3/3/2012: version 0.20 released!!!!

Last edited:
Back