• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looks that could kill

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
If you possessed the ability to end someone's life by simply wishing it, how would you use this ability?

I wouldn't want to use it. If one person was horrible enough I would use this ability, but I probably won't use it a lot (very rarely).

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Ugh, I really hope i would never have to deal with this power. ;-; But if I did, and i had the power to suppress it, I would. Forever. i would not want that on my conscience, because no matter how evil or horrendous that person may be, it isn't up to me to do that to them without a proper trial.

If I COULDN'T suppress it though, and I was forced to kill people, i would only kill people who were probably minutes from death anyways, like people who were a hundred and twenty year and suddenly in the midst of a heart attack. I would just end it before the heart attack could, so I wouldn't feel as bad, since they were more than likely going to die anyway. (Of course, I would feel really bad if it turned out they would have survived. ;_; Hence why I would wish to suppress it or not have it to begin with.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I think it's within human nature to wish the worst upon someone in some situations. To be able to murder someone with a single thought? That's something that nobody can say for certain how they'd use the power for. Some people are saying that they wouldn't use it at all, but honestly speaking, can the people who have said that say that they have never wished - after a heated argument with their parents or a peer - death upon them for even the slightest second? Sure I never meant it, and just wanted the situation to end in those situations (and I hope that applies to the others who fall into that category), but the thought was there.

...Unless I'm misunderstanding the context of what wish means, and it's indeed something that's rather something that you must fully desire; not something that'll be done in an accident in a moment where you're at your worst. But if the simple thought of "I wish you were dead / died in a car crash / get hit by a truck" etc. is enough to trigger the power, then I would have to say that I would have killed quite a few people who are very close to me throughout my life. If I was being mugged by someone, or in a tough situation, I would use the power I have to get away from the situation without a second thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If I had the ability to kill someone just by looking at them, then I'd use it to kill any wrongdoers. If someone else had that ability, then I'd probably run for my life.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Would you use it to end the lives of murderous criminals and save the lives of innocent people or would you use it without restriction, ending the lives of whoever made you angry or sad?'
Of course I would. This can save a lot of money in prisons that use a killing method of dying. I would also do it to someone that really gets on my nerves to the point that I would do something that I regret

What if you knew someone who had this ability?
I would be like "cool" and I would give them a list of people to kill

Would you turn them in, even if you were harmed by them for doing so, or would you encourage this vigilante do-gooder (or perhaps evil doer)?
I will encourage them because if I try to turn them in then I might get killed

:t354:TG

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I actually don't think that we should go off killing everyone that gets in our way or makes our day miserable. These things happen, it's what everyone goes through, and you'll just have to cope with it and hope to come out of it stronger than you were before. If we start killing people left and right that are hindering to us, all order will be lost. How are we gonna learn from experiences like that if we just kill that person? I just hope I'd never have to use it, if I had the power.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2011
If I was able to kill just by wishing it then I would kill all the terrorists and murders in the world.

Years
I would never want to us this ability, but I'm assuming I wouldn't have the willpower to keep myself from doing it since there are plenty of times I read about horrible things and I get angry. Like when I hear about some poor girl in Afghanistan or Pakistan getting acid thrown in her face just because she was going to school or had some small area of skin showing I get this feeling for a moment where I want the person who did that to die and suffer horribly. I'd be afraid that I'd actually use it on someone, and that after doing this I'd start to justify using it again until I got to the point where I didn't care that I was killing people.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Put me on the heartless list because I'd use this ability like there's no tomorrow.
Yeah I'd copy Death Note lol. I wouldn't use it on people I know because that's when you start getting suspicious.

If I knew someone with the ability, I'd just stay the hell away from them. I would say help them, but who knows when someone like that would decide to turn against you.

Back