• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
I don't understand what you're trying to say. They don't use Japanese characters in-game in the European version, which is why the only alphabet I found earlier in Tile Layer Pro doesn't do anything once edited.

I need to edit graphics, so I can add the letters I need into the game. I'm doing a game translation, and like I explained earlier, you can't simply type characters that don't exist and make it work. You have to make sure the letters are connected to graphic versions of the same letters you need. That way, when you type a it turns into a in-game instead of b or c.

I'm really sorry, I don't know how to help you here, I'll attempt to find out later, but for now you'll have to wait for another answer or browse R&D/Tutorials

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2012
Would it be possible for someone to make a program that could modify a pokemon's egg groups in pokemon sapphire and output them as GSA/AR codes instead of writing directly to the rom?

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
Years
Is there anywhere where I can go to learn how to make decent looking terrain for pokemon fire red? I've tried many times to do it myself but it just looks really bad. All I need is a place to start learning basics then I can branch off from there.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Would it be possible for someone to make a program that could modify a pokemon's egg groups in pokemon sapphire and output them as GSA/AR codes instead of writing directly to the rom?
You mean you want something like cheat generator that would generate cheats that would change egg groups?
I think it's pretty complicated since e.g. YAPE knows how to change them.

Well, is there a way to make a .iee file in GIMP at all? I don't see that file extension and I have some edited icons I need to add.
No, .iee is IconED exclusive file. You need either to draw it or extract it from diferent ROM.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
Is there anywhere where I can go to learn how to make decent looking terrain for pokemon fire red? I've tried many times to do it myself but it just looks really bad. All I need is a place to start learning basics then I can branch off from there.

I would try lookin at hacks in the map rating thread, if they look good, try basing your maps off of those. Also remember the natural quality that many people here like. I personally don't care, but yeah, those maps in the rating thread are a good place to start.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2012
A runaway pokemon event?

I would like to create a new runaway pokemon event in an emerald version. Not with a new pokemon but taking one already existing like entei for example.

Do you know if it's possible? And if yes how can I do that?
Thank you for helping me! :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2011
Question about boxset?

Before Reading: I am new here so please excuse me if this is the wrong section to ask this. The beginners lounge is being phased out and every other section seems to specific.

Question: I have be learning how to script and the tutorials i watch tell me to use "boxset" whenever making a script. He says to use boxset "6" when someone just says something and boxset "5" when a yes/no question is asked. Can someone tell me what all the numbers are specifically used for, or redirect me to somewhere else where there may be a list which lists every single number and its meaning?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Question: I have be learning how to script and the tutorials i watch tell me to use "boxset" whenever making a script. He says to use boxset "6" when someone just says something and boxset "5" when a yes/no question is asked. Can someone tell me what all the numbers are specifically used for, or redirect me to somewhere else where there may be a list which lists every single number and its meaning?

There's a list of all the "boxset numbers" (I use that term loosely) in the "std.rbh" file that comes with XSE. You can download XSE here.

edit: I also believe that the XSE tutorial (accessible by pressing F2 with XSE open) has some information on the various numbers. Hope that helps!

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2011
Hello, I have been trying to play "Pokemon: Johto Adventures" (A hack of FireRed) but when I try to patch it the game is just firered but it says "Patch Successful"

Dark pokemon

Beginner Hacker
Years
I looked it up but no one have the answer on google and I have tried everything. Prepare for noob question. How do I save on gold finger. When I edit something(starters in gold) it just keep saying "error saving file".

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
Hello, I have been trying to play "Pokemon: Johto Adventures" (A hack of FireRed) but when I try to patch it the game is just firered but it says "Patch Successful"

Try downloading a different format of the patch, if you are trying IPS then attempt the UPS for the hack if there is one. If it is only one type, then I would redownload it. If still not working with whatever patching program you're using, ask the dev of the hack.

I looked it up but no one have the answer on google and I have tried everything. Prepare for noob question. How do I save on gold finger. When I edit something(starters in gold) it just keep saying "error saving file".

Corrupted ROM?

I would like to create a new runaway pokemon event in an emerald version. Not with a new pokemon but taking one already existing like entei for example.

Do you know if it's possible? And if yes how can I do that?
Thank you for helping me! :)

Its possible, I would imagine you'd have to edit it in a hex editor though. I don't know where the bytes would be, nor how difficult it would be.

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Corrupted ROM?
No, not really, considering that a hex editor doesn't throw errors for ROM corruption (since it wouldn't know if a ROM is corrupted, considering it's something that only a game-specific tool would tell).
Reasons for the "error saving file" could be either that the file is set as read-only (although hex editors normally don't care about that, when editing files) or, more likely, that you have that ROM opened with some other program at the same time.
Anyway I would suggest the use of other hex editors, like HexWorkshop (personally my favorite) or WindHex.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Quote from Script help thread =)

I'd like to ask you guys something =)
I kinda wanna get back to hacking but I encountered a problem :/
(Didn't script for a while o.O)
I'd like to change the truck scene in Ruby/Emerald into something dream-like but for that reason I need to insert level script and remove the 2 level scripts that are already on the map that I know...
I tried it but nothing good came of it... :/ First time ROM stopped in shrinking scene and then the second time after it...

It's not complicated script or something so is there something that needs to be done in order to make intro script working?
Or is it because I'm using 1.0.1 XSE?

Spoiler:

Though it just became worse... none of the level scripts I try to input work...
By that I mean that when player step into map, there's just black screen and nothing works.
Do I do something wrong or it might be the ROM?

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
Quote from Script help thread =)

Though it just became worse... none of the level scripts I try to input work...
By that I mean that when player step into map, there's just black screen and nothing works.
Do I do something wrong or it might be the ROM?

I would say the rom got messed up, I was editing a rom and I got either the grey screen of death or blackscreened levels. I'd just copy the stuff carefully over to a new base rom.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
Okay, so I got most of my sprites into the game now (which is awesome and makes me feel giddy with glee and accomplishment! :cer_boogie:) But there's still a bunch I wanna change left. Does anyone know of tools that can help edit the following things in Pokemon Black/White?:
-Cross-Transceiver Mugshots
-"Are you a boy or a girl?" images
-The player's battle sprite in the Proffessor's opening lecture that's outlined in white, when she's introducing Bianca and Cheren.
Also, knowing where the images are stored in the database would be nice, too. Thanks in advance! (I'm still giddy that my sprites are in and WORK! :cer_giggle:)

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
Okay, so I got most of my sprites into the game now (which is awesome and makes me feel giddy with glee and accomplishment! :cer_boogie:) But there's still a bunch I wanna change left. Does anyone know of tools that can help edit the following things in Pokemon Black/White?:
-Cross-Transceiver Mugshots
-"Are you a boy or a girl?" images
-The player's battle sprite in the Proffessor's opening lecture that's outlined in white, when she's introducing Bianca and Cheren.
Also, knowing where the images are stored in the database would be nice, too. Thanks in advance! (I'm still giddy that my sprites are in and WORK! :cer_giggle:)

Do you have the debug version of No$GBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back