• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Pangaea IC

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Royal - Where do you get all your time from? May I have some? No but in all seriousness, I really like the way you give the Pokémon a clear personality as much as the main character, and great battles again. It'll be interesting to see what Trapinch'll do.

Venonat grew to lv. 16!
Poochyena grew to lv. 10!

@Turkish Delight - A good post, I quite enjoyed the battle and the characters of the Pokémon.

Ekans grew to lv. 8!
Corphish grew to lv. 8!

EDIT:

@Meganium90 - Oh damn, you ninjaposted on me. That was a really sweet post, I'm really loving this duo -now trio- and it's nice to have an interaction post as a bit of a break between lots of battle posts.

Wingull (Windy) grew to lv. 9!

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Pokemon Pangaea
Chapter 1 Part 3, Post 3: The Via Part II

(OOC: Hahaha, I just save what I have in Word when I'm jumping around doing errands. It helps a lot.)

"Oh no, it's Trapinch," Bekah said to herself, an uneasy feeling rising in the pit of her stomach. "I should better return it." But the commotion in the battle made Bekah look up, frozen in spot, unable to grab Trapinch's Pokeball.

Trapinch didn't look too happy to be outside of its Pokeball, and had turned its back on the Growlithe, probably thinking the fire puppy Pokemon was not good enough. And damn, it was working up the Growlithe. The puppy Pokemon was growling – no, snarling – and it was getting louder and louder by the minute.

And then it opened its mouth, trying to ignite its Ember attack again-

And slowly, but surely, it succeeded. The Ember attack was back and at its full force, shooting forward to land full force on Trapinch. Despite being a Ground Pokemon, it felt it. And man, did Trapinch look pissed.

Trapinch spun around, hissing loudly, snapping its jaws, before running forward in full force towards the Growlithe, jaws opening in a Bite attempt. Bekah just watched up, in shock and amazement, as Trapinch was actually helping her take on Growlithe. Well, er, at least fighting and not realizing it was helping her.

The Growlithe lunged away, just in time to launch its own Bite attack, but when it hit, Growlithe jumped back in a yelp, shaking its head. Bekah blinked and grinned. It was Trapinch's hard shell – it protected the Pokemon and not only that, it caused the Bite attack to reflect back with Growlithe injuring its mouth.

And Trapinch took its opportunity, kicking up sand into the dog Pokemon's eyes, blinding it momentarily. And then lunged forward, jaws wide open, clamping down on Growlithe's back. The Growlithe started to run back and forth, barking and yelping wildly, as the Trapinch bit harder and harder, trying to shake it off.

And the Growlithe stopped, rolling forward, something it learned from Venonat, which quickly dislodged Trapinch. The ground ant Pokemon landed on the ground with ease just in time as the Growlithe launched another Ember attack, hitting Trapinch's shell. It did damage, but not as much damage as what had been caused on the Growlithe. Bekah remembered something Derek had told her, "And do be careful of the Trapinch around here. I heard their Bite attack is nasty – to both Pokemon and human alike." It definitely was. Growlithe looked very hurt and exhausted on top of that.

But the Pokemon didn't want to give up. It rushed forward in hopes to get closer to Trapinch, maybe to launch another attack. But Trapinch wouldn't have it – it just easily spun around and kicked sand, dirt, and grass into the Growlithe's face, making it skid to a stop.

And it took the opportunity to push the Growlithe to the ground, hitting a hard Bite attack, before jumping off to walk aside.

Bekah looked on with amazement. The Growlithe was very steadily rising to its feet, extremely injured from Trapinch's bites. Maybe if she caught it-

That's it! She wanted to catch it!

Grabbing an empty Pokeball from her jacket pocket, she enlarged it and threw it forward. It engulfed the Growlithe in a flash of pink light before the Pokeball hit the ground, shaking and indicator flashing red…

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Royal - And a nice continuation too, sounds like that's one tough Growlithe.

Trapinch grew to lv.
Bekah caught a lv. 6 male Growlithe with the eggmove Morning Sun!

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Carlos Fierro
Chapter Two

Part two

605.png
23.png
341.png

Together, we entered a small farm. The farm was filled with Miltank, Ponyta, Mareep along with a lone Herdier roaming the fields. I smiled as I took in the surrounding scenes. There was a distinct smell of the hay, and the crops that were being grown on the field. Emily and Mike flanked me and shot me the occasional glance, which when I met I was also flashed a grin. The Herdier then made its way over to us, and immediately began growling at me. 'Calm down Herdier,' Emily said gently, where as Mike stayed silent. I stretched down towards the dog and began to stroke the fur just above its shoulder. The dog lost all anger it was previously portraying, and both Emily and Mike's expressions lost all the tension they were previously showing. 'Her-Herdier,' it barked happily. I smiled down at the normal type, who glanced back upwards at me, mirroring my facial expression. 'H-how did you get Herdier to calm down so quickly? Only dad can get it to relax that quick!' Mike exclaimed. I just chuckled and ceased stroking the Herdier before standing upright again, 'Oh, my family just had a Stoutland back home..' I said trying to keep memories of my family from seeping through, I had to stay focused. They both seemed astonished, and asked where I was from, 'Agate Village, in Orre,' I replied with a small smile.

Just then, a man dressed in typical farming clothes approached us. He wore a green, checkered shirt underneath a pair of overalls. He also wore a red cap, along with a pair of black boots. His skin was of average tone and his hair was short and a dark brown colour. His eyes were a brilliant green, and he looked very similar to Mike. 'Dad!' Mike and Emily both exclaimed happily, which he smiled to in response. 'Who's this you have with you kids?' he said warmly. 'This is Edward,' Emily replied. I shot the man a smile which he returned. 'He's a real good battler Dad, one of the toughest I've ever seen,' Mike added. Their father seemed surprised, 'The name's Dave,' he said putting his hand out for me to shake, which I obliged to. 'Nice to meet you sir,' his handshake was firm, I mimicked his actions before my hand collapsed to my side. Herdier seemed excited for seeing its owner. The man glanced at the dog before looking back upwards towards me. He smiled and I had a feeling why, god damn it, my team were all low on HP. However, I simply nodded at the male. All four of us made our way to an open space in a nearby field. I was surprised to find that the farmer had cut the pattern of a battle field onto the field. I smiled to myself as I took my side of the arena.

'How many Pokémon do you have on you Eddie boy?' Dave called out. 'Only three for now Dave-y boy,' I replied smiling to myself. 'That's fine then, we'll have a three on three battle. I sighed, this wasn't looking good. Emily made her way to the middle of the battle field on stood on the outer perimeter. She would serve as the referee for the battle. Dave nodded to the Herdier by his side who ran out onto the battle field energetically. I nodded, before winking at Elgyem who was still floating around outside its Pokéball. The psychic type also made its way onto the grass. It synchronized its ability with that of Herdier's as this was its ability. As a result, Herdier's attack fell at the same time Elgyem's did. The pair stared each other down for a split second before my worst fears were acknowledged, 'Bite,' Dave called out calmly. The dog darted towards the Elgyem at a great speed. 'Elgyem, Teleport and follow up with Confusion buddy,' I called out, I realized that the more I battled the easier the commands came. The Cerebral Pokémon disappeared just when Herdier bit down in an attempt to damage the psychic type. The Elgyem's eyes then began to glow a light blue colour, and Herdier's body also began to glow the same colour. The dog then began to float into the air before being thrown into the ground at a great pace. The Elgyem then followed up by firing multiple waves of psychic energy that were coloured blue towards the Herdier. Each wave hit, and upon the third one hitting the dog fainted signalling the end of its battle. 'Herdier is unable to battle, Elgyem is the winner,' Emily called out. Dave recalled the Pokémon to its Pokéball with a sigh.

'You've done very well Eddie boy, your Elgyem has ability, no doubt about that,' Dave called out. He selected another Pokéball from the large pockets of his overalls before launching it into the air, the ball opened releasing bright light before forming a large horse, with flames coming from certain parts of ots body, it was a Rapidash. 'Let's go Elgyem, use-' I began to give orders but I was cut off by my opponent, 'Flame Wheel and follow up with a Fury Attack!' Before I could respond, the horse was cloaked in flames and rammed into Elgyem, it then followed up by repeatedly stabbing its horn into the psychic type causing it to faint. 'Rapidash has rendered Elgyem unable to battle,' Emily called out. I gasped, before returning Elgyem back to his capsule. I decided that Corphish was my better option so I released the crab from its Pokéball. It immediately opened its pincers and fired a stream of water towards the Rapidash before the latter spung high into the air, dodging the water attack. Seconds later it came crashing back down ontop of the Corphish. I exclaimed at the attack, I had never seen it before. 'It seems you've never seen Bounce in action before, huh? It's a pretty useful move if you ask me,' he called to me happily. I grimaced, unsure of whether on nor Corphish could continue to battle, however the crab climbed back to its feet. I was happy at its resilience. 'Charge at the Rapidash and hit it with your pincer!' I called out, the crab immediately hurtled toward the Rapidash at unimaginable pace before uppercutting the horse using its claw. 'Soak it quick,' I ordered, to which the crab obliged. It opened its claw and again fired a stream of water at the fire type doing major damage. Thinking the battle was over, Corphish turned to me and grinned. Dave just smiled, 'Flare Blitz,' he whispered, barely audibly. Rapidash hopped back to its feet, clearly low on remaining health. It covered itself in an extremely hot layer of fire. It then dashed at Corphish completely unaware rendering it unavailable for battle, however, the recoil from the Flare Blitz was enough for the Rapidash to faint as well.

Both of us let out exclaims of shock, we were both down to one Pokémon each. 'Both Pokémon have fainted, both trainers have one Pokémon left,' Emily exclaimed. Dave composed himself, 'You're doing very well Eddie boy, but unfortunately, this is the end,' he said tauntingly. 'You can do it Dad!' Mike said cheering his father on. Dave released a large yellow Pokémon, which I was unfamilar with. I used the Pokédex to identify it, the Pokédex let me know that it was Ampharos, the Light Pokémon. I responded by releasing Ekans from its Pokéball. The snake immediately began hissing at its opponent. I wasn't sure whether or not to be confident, as we'd been performing above expectations but this was a tough ask. While I pondered a strategy, Dave merely nodded to signal to Ampharos to attack. The Electric type dashed towards my Ekans. Its left arm became engulfed in flames as it swung for Ekans, however she dodged and Ampharos's arm was stuck in the floor. 'Let's go with a Poison Sting Ekans,' I called out. The snake lunged at the Ampharos, before attempting to whip the body of the Electric type, however just then its arm emerged from the ground and connected with the Poison Sting while it was still using Fire Punch. There was a loud collision and the area was filled with smoke. All of us waited for the smoke to depart, and when it did Ekans was panting heavily while Ampharos had a purple mark on its cheek. I smiled, knowing it was poisoned. This was good, if we could avoid getting hit then we could win this. I grinned to myself, becoming confident. 'Double team,' Dave called simply. The Ampharos multiplied into 10, each Electric type surrounding the Ekans. I wasn't so confident anymore. 'Ekans, be careful buddy. Don't commit to anything..' I couldn't think of what else to say. 'Electro ball Ampharos, end this!' Dave commanded. The Electric type began charging energy and when it was fully charged it fired a ball of electric energy at the Ekans from ten angles. The one directly infront of it was the real one and it defeated the snake. I sighed. 'Ekans is unable to battle, Dad and Ampharos are the winners,' Emily said. Mike began cheering as I recalled Ekans. 'That was a great battle Eddie boy,' Dave called making his way over to me, 'I haven't been pushed that far in some time.' I grinned at him, this was a great experience for me, I had to lose some time right?

'How about we head for some food Dad?' Mike asked, 'Could Edward come to?'. 'Of course he can,' boomed Dave. We all made the way to the house of Dave's family. He gave me some food, for which I was grateful. I hadn't realized how hungry I was. He also used his Moomoo Milk to revive my Pokémon, for which I was very grateful. I asked him if I could purchase some of his produce but he insisted I take some for free, however I rejected. I told him that I wanted to help the farm. He thanked me and gave me seven bottles of Moomoo Milk for £3500. A bargain in my eyes. After eating, Dave told me about his past and how he grew up on the farm but he always wanted to be a Pokémon trainer and always used to battle the other children from the area with his Mareep. He said that he was jealous of my opportunity and he informed me that both Emily and Mike would be starting their journeys in the coming weeks. I smiled and wished them both luck before bidding my newly found friends goodbye. I headed back towards the Via path to try and arrive at my next destination as soon as possible.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Zaira Montes – The Via, Part 3
Chapter 2

The sandy path on the Via faded as Zaira, Bee, and Windy entered another part of the Via. There was no beach. It was just....flat. The whole area had tall grass and houses at ¼ mile apart. Windy

"AAAAAAAAAAAAGH." Zaira complained as she stopped walking. To her the long path to get to where she is now...felt like forever. This part of the Via was different. The climate was a bit cooler, as winds start to blow towards Zaira and her Pokemon. Windy flew through the winds, flying around and towards Zaira. Bee was awed by the tall grass in some parts of the land. Smelling the fresh air that tingled her tiny nose. "At least this part of town is cooler than the hot beach. It's also grassy." Zaira started to walk again, and further to the part that she found a bench to sit in. And her eyes sparkled with relief that there was a produce stand nearby. Not only there's food to buy, but there was also a place to take yet another break. Zaira felt relieved, and she didn't have to walk more to kill her legs.

"Beeeeee!" Bee was really excited. Windy flew down once more towards Zaira to stay close to her and the bug Pokemon.

Zaira sighed to catch her breath. "Finally some legit food...and fresh too!" She and the Pokemon powerwalked fast towards the stand. Right next to it, there was a white two-story farm house...with green grass everywhere, vines growing everywhere on the walls of the house, and there were flowers on the edges of the house. It was a pretty sight to see, especially to Zaira. Zaira smiled and approached the stand. A middle-aged couple were organizing a box of oranges in one of the baskets...they were fresh-picked. The woman on the left side of the stand, wearing a white bandana around her red curly hair, saw Zaira coming up to the watermelon section and started to stare at her. She was very intrigued by Zaira's style and her hair. The man, who was counting money on the register stand also saw Zaira, but like the man from Amphipolis, he was keeping an eye on the Pokemon.

"Hello there." The woman greeted. "What can I do for you today?"

Zaira smiled, but did not manage to say a word or at least greet the woman. It was a bit rude, but Zaira's shyness was getting to her. A few seconds later, she spotted homemade pastries in a basket right next to the apples. "I am...here for the pastries there."

"Oh, sweet!" The lady replied. "Our pastries are homemade, and my son and I made them from our fresh fruits and veggies. You'll love them"

"They look so good!" Zaira decided to take a few packs of the pastries...so that way they can last throughout her journey through the Via. She then decided to take a few apples, as well as oranges and peaches. Each fruit in the baskets had a strong aroma, which really intrigues Zaira, Bee, and Windy.

"You're a foreigner, aren't you?" The man asked, closing the cash register.

Zaira kinda froze a bit when the man asked her if she was from the area. "Yes...I'm not really from here."

"Your pink hair...it makes so much sense."

This is literally becoming a common thing now....she thought about her pink hair. "Hehe, yeah. I'm from Unova. I'm here to explore the Pangaea region. I'm very inspired by its culture and the beauty." She carried the food to the man, and charged every pastry she obtained, and every fruit as well.

"Unova...I've heard of that place. Never been there though." The woman said as she stacked a few empty baskets and stored them by the entrance.

"That will be 5 Drachma, m'lady." The man said in a much deeper voice.

Zaira reached to her purse and took out her money. She does not have any idea what a Drachma is. Maybe it's the default currency here in Pangaea? The old man at Amphipolis accepted Zaira's money. Zaira handed the man a $5000 PokeDollar bill, but the man wasn't really pleased.

"It's actually $10000 in your currency terms." he said, slightly demanding Zaira to pay more.

That's....expensive. I need to exchange my money then. I've spent way too much. She thought, as she handed the man another $5000 bill, to complete the transaction. "Will that be enough?"

"Yes, thank you. Keep in mind that your money is worth a lot more for us, so you'd have to pay twice as much." He explained as he handed Zaira a plastic bag full of goods.

"Thank you! I'll keep that in mind then." Zaira said with a smile. She then started to walk out of the stand. The couple said their goodbyes to Zaira, as she walks back towards the bench she saw earlier upon arriving the stand. It was wooden and green...it was clean too. Probably a bench recently placed by the couple from the produce stand.

Few moments have passed, and Zaira, Bee, and Windy sat on the bench, eating the strawberry -filled pastries, munching the apples, and eating the oranges. Windy enjoyed the oranges, especially eating the outside skin. It regained her strength a bit. Bee managed to eat a whole apple in one bite...probably due to her hunger!

As Zaira was eating one last bite of her strawberry pastry, she suddenly saw the tall grass rustle right across from her and the Pokemon. The tall grass field was at the other side of the Via, and Zaira thought it was actually the cool breeze she felt. The rustle was going faster and faster, like someone is moving. Could it be a farmer? A wild Pokemon? Zaira wanted to go take a look, as her curiosity was increasing in her, but at the same time she was scared. She immediately thought of the many worst case scenarios...like it could be a scary Pokemon waiting to attack, or a bad guy waiting to kidnap someone. Zaira kept going, with Bee and Windy following her.

"Wiiiiiiiing..." Windy whispered as she flew next to Bee.

"Flooo Flooooo!" A cry was heard, as the sounds of the rustling grass began to crawl closer to them. It was definitely a Pokemon, but what is it?

"Uh.... come out!" Zaira squealed. "I'm not afraid of you!"

On second thought...Zaira shouldn't have done that. Instead of this particular Pokemon running away, the Pokemon struck a wide red beam at Zaira and the Pokemon, pushing them farther away. Zaira landed safely on her bottom in a pile of dirt, while Bee and Windy recovered quick from the attack. It didn't affect Bee, but it did affect Windy, but she managed to get back on her wings.

"Agh! My eyes!" Zaira complained as she stood up. She took out her PokeDex, and tries to scan what Pokemon could be hiding behind that tall grass. Scanning, and scanning, she was able to get a result...and as her eyes widened, she was surprised as to what she is about to face...

((OOC - Part 1 of a Sunflora capture.))

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Turkish Delight - Great battle post, I also quite enjoyed the interaction with the family.

Elgyem grew to lv. 14 and learned Miracle Eye!
Corphish grew to lv. 10 and learned ViceGrip!
Ekans grew to lvl. 10 and learned Bite!

@Meganium90 - Oooh, talk about intriguing, I'll be looking forward to part two, but I love the interaction posts as well.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Aurum Wehementhi
The Via, Part 1
--------------------------------------------

Aurum looked up at the rising sun with an annoyed expression on his face. He hadn't slept much the previous night because of a variety of things. First it was Knuckle, the Scraggy had tossed and turned and done Arceus-knows-what on his back. With a constantly moving Scraggy on you, it gets pretty hard to sleep. Secondly it was the cold which made itself present during nighttime. Aurum knew that deserts, or desert-like areas, were very hot during the day and freezing cold during the night. But this was just ridiculous! It felt like he would've slept in the Icirrus Moor during the winter! He could tell that his mood wasn't going to be on top today.

"Scra, scra!"(Good morning Boss!) Knuckle said happily when he noticed that his master was awake. The Scraggy had slept like a prince on top of Aurum's comfortable sleeping-bag and due to his resistant skin; the cold had barely bothered him.

"I am death, fear my wrath!" was Aurum's only and half-muffled words as he rolled over to face the Scraggy. He felt really terrible to be honest. His mouth was dry and itchy and he felt extremely dirty from sleeping in his possibly sweat stained clothes. Knuckle backed off a bit, seeing that his master wasn't in the brightest of moods. The Shedding-Pokémon sat down and waited for his master to get finished while staring at him with big excited eyes. Aurum looked at Knuckle for a while, why was his Pokémon staring so intensely at him? Was he really THAT much of an exciting guy to observe?

Meanwhile, a light moaning could be heard from a few feet away. Jorgen rolled over, mumbling something about "Just five more minutes mom…" Jarl had been bugging him for the past ten minutes, trying to wake him up. Man was Jorgen a heavy sleeper, it didn't seem like Jarl could do anything to wake the big lug up without alerting Aurum of their presence. The bodyguard sighed, he had nothing against Jorgen, but the guy always seemed to be "too nice" when it came to being a bodyguard. Frankly, he started to wonder if it had been a bad idea to bring the big lug along. Not that he was in any position to call Jorgen that since Jarl as well was quite muscular, albeit not as muscular as Jorgen. Was there an option to send him back to Castelia? Would the boss get angry with him if he did? And if he got angry, how would that affect Aurum's trip through this region? In the end, Jarl decided to just shut up and watch the young master's morning routine.

"Do I have any water…? I need to wash my face…" Aurum rolled over on the ground in an attempt to reach his bag. He had laid down like this for a good ten minutes and Knuckle had started to get fed up with it. The Scraggy had simply swiped his master's bag and put it a few inches away from him,
"Water! Give me the water Knuckle!"

"Scra, scrara."(You'll have to get it yourself Boss.)

"What did I tell you about obeying my orders no matter how stupid they were?!" Aurum exclaimed. Great, his only Pokémon had already started to rebel against him.

Knuckle sighed, "Scra, scrarara!"(Fine, but then you have to catch it!) he said and started going through Aurum's bag. He looked around in the bag, moving different Potions, Pokéballs and other stuff away to see if there was any water hidden beneath it. After a while of searching, Knuckle turned around and shrugged to indicate that he couldn't find any water.

"WHAT?! NO WATER?!" Aurum shouted and looked at Knuckle. What in the name of…? The Scraggy must've searched past the water! They couldn't be without water; he knew that he had packed some! Besides, if they were out of water in a place like this, they would be royally screwed! So Aurum quickly got out of his sleeping-bag, not noticing how wrinkly and messy his clothes respectively his hair was. When he got to the bag, Aurum started looking through it frenetically in hope of finding water. To his surprise, the sixteen-year old actually found a few bottles of water pretty quickly; they were almost at the top of the bag.

"Wait…" Aurum looked at the bottles and then at Knuckle, "You tricked me into thinking that there was no water so that I would get up from my sleeping-bag?"

"Scra!" Knuckle smiled mischievously at his trainer.

"Very clever. I'm both impressed and annoyed at the same time Knuckle. It's an "interesting" feeling…" Aurum said and trailed off as he tried to elaborate on this feeling. After about a minute of not accomplishing anything of benefit, Aurum walked back to his sleeping-bag to stuff it down his shoulder-bag again. But something wasn't quite right, he could tell from the increased weight of the sleeping-bag and also from its inability to become rolled up. Aurum looked suspiciously at it for a moment; he then straightened out his blazer and turned the sleeping-bag upside down.

The sight that met Aurum wasn't one which he experienced every day. Something had fallen out of the sleeping-bag, it was long, purple with yellow eyes and marks, and it was currently hissing at him.

"What the heck is this?" Aurum said and pulled out his Pokédex, "Lemme' see here…" the sixteen-year old said as he tried to find the button for identifying this thing. Before Aurum could identify the snake-like Pokémon, it flung itself towards him with its jaw open. Aurum screamed as the jaw enclosed around his hand, making him drop both his Pokédex and his Trainer Card which he had in the same hand. He quickly bashed the Pokémon on its head so that it would let go. And it did, but also it took its victim's Pokédex and Trainer Card in the process.

"Hey, wait! Give me back my stuff!" Aurum shouted when he noticed that his items were gone. The snake-Pokémon however, didn't care; he just slithered along with two brand new items in his mouth.

"Come on Knuckle, let's teach that snake what happens when you mess with the Wehementhi-family!" Aurum said to his Scraggy.

"SCRA!"(YEAH!) Knuckle exclaimed. Think about it, this was probably going to be his first battle, his first chance to prove that he was the best bodyguard Aurum would EVER have!

Aurum and Knuckle took a sprinting start in order to catch up to the thieving snake; luckily the land was barren so there were no obstacles for them. But that also meant that there were no obstacles for the snake either, and because he was much faster than the boy and the Scraggy, this chase was going to turn out in his favor. After running after the other Pokémon for quite some time, Aurum and Knuckle grew tired.

"No! I can't lose those things, not on my first day as a trainer!" Aurum thought. But sadly, it seemed like he was going to lose the items after all. The snake was so much faster than them, and it also had a lot more stamina left. If he could only slow it down… He quickly turned his head to the left and briefly saw the sea and the sand dunes that were… Wait a second! He looked around where they were running, the barren landscape they were currently on had also sand lying about, but this sand was also mixed with dirt and rocks. Aurum remembered something about how Scraggy could use the move Sand Attack which throws sand in the opponent's eyes, temporarily blinding them.

"Knuckle, use Sand Attack!" he yelled, slightly out of breath. Knuckle nodded and tried to run closer to the other Pokémon while picking up a handful of "dirt-sand". The Scraggy was almost out of breath and ran using every last bit of his power, when he was almost in line with the snake-Pokémon; he threw the sand at its face.

Knuckle slipped and fell when the snake whipped its tail at him in anger. The attack had connected with the Pokémon's eyes and it was temporarily blinded. The little Scraggy bounced a few times on the ground before it completely stopped on the ground.

"Great job Knuckle!" Aurum huffed as he closed in on the Scraggy, "Now, there's only one thing to do!" he said deviously and held out a medium-sized rock that he had picked up earlier in during the chase. "Now, let's see how you handle THIS!" he said and chucked the rock at the snake-Pokémon's right side. The rock connected with the right side of the thief's head and Aurum watched in amusement as the Pokémon lashed its tail like a whip towards its right side and turned left, straight for the sand-dunes.
"Now Knuckle, hop on my back and catch your breath, you'll need it!"

"Scra!" Knuckle exclaimed and jumped up on his trainer's back.

Aurum smiled, everything had gone according to the plan, now the snake-thief would be slowed down by the soft sand enough for them to catch up to it! Since the Pokémon still was a bit on the blind side, he didn't notice what was happening other than that the ground became a little softer.

"Let's see… I think that I recall a Scraggy that was using Faint Attack… Okay let's try it!" Aurum exclaimed and took Knuckle in his hands. He grabbed the Pokémon by its back and raised his arm, "Are you ready Knuckle?" he asked.

"SCRA!" Knuckle exclaimed in a confident tone.

"Okay then, Knuckle! Uuuuusssee Faint Attack!" Aurum yelled and threw his Scraggy at the thieving Pokémon. At the same time as he was thrown, Knuckle started to glow in a dark light. Faint Attack was a move that never missed, so the thief would soon get a not so pleasant surprise!

*BAM*

"Kaaaannss!" The thief yelled as he was flung backwards by the attack. The Pokémon crashed into a dune of sand but quickly recovered and started to rub the sand out of his eyes. Now he saw what had happened, he had been fooled! Suddenly, he felt something, a strange rumbling coming from his stomach. In a matter of seconds, the snake spat out a rectangular object on the ground.

"KZZZZZZRRRTT! *chug chug chug* POKÉMON IDENTIFIED! EKANS, THE SNAKE POKÉMON!

TYPE: POISON

Ekans sneaks through grass without making a sound and strikes unsuspecting prey from behind!"

"Ekans ey? Well if there's any Pokémon that seems to be a bigger backstabber than this guy, I haven't heard of it!" Aurum said and looked at the Poison-type who was still coughing from the sudden spit up. "Okay Knuckle, Faint Attack it one more time!"

"Scra!"(You got it boss!) Knuckle exclaimed and launched himself at the Ekans again. Unfortunately, the snake-Pokémon regained his spirit and was now facing the Scraggy coming in towards him. The snake knew that he couldn't get away, so he answered with an attack of his own. The Poison-type opened his mouth and released a flurry of small purple needles at Knuckle. Since the Scraggy was going in a straight line, he would have a hard time dodging this. All of the needles made contact with Knuckle; he gave off a scream and fell to the ground. Something seemed to be wrong with him though, he was glowing in an eerie, purple light. Poison! The poor Scraggy had been poisoned by the attack! The Ekans came up and coiled around him,

"Ekaaanssss, ek, sssnnnaaa, kannsss?"(Lisssten up! We're both reptilian, so how about we sstrike a deal?) the snake slithered deviously in Knuckle's ear.

"Sche… Sche-Scra."(Neh… Neh-No.) Knuckle said weakly, it was clear that the poison was slowly chipping away his health.

"Ekaaanss?"(Really?) the Ekans asked, "Sssssnnaaa, ek, ek, kaaansss?"(Well how about thissss, you help me take down that annoying human and we can sssplit whatever isss left of him when I'm done. Doessn't that ssound good?)

"Scuh-RA!"(Nuh-NO!) Knuckle exclaimed and tried to punch the Ekans in the jaw. However, he was far too weak and concealed by the snake's grasp to even do any damage to it.

"Ekannsss, ssssnnaaa?"(Oh, issss that how you want it?) the snake slithered again and coiled up harder around its current victim.

Aurum watched, terrified as the Poison-type was slowly suffocating Knuckle. What was he going to do? On his second day as a Pokémon-trainer he had already lost his Pokédex and Trainer Card, but he wasn't going to let the Ekans make him lose his first Pokémon as well!

"Hey scale-face!" he yelled at the Poison-type to get its attention. The Ekans looked at the human for a brief moment, only to notice that it had started running towards him at a high speed. The Ekans scoffed and released a few more needles at the boy, many of them missed, but a few ended up hitting Aurum's leg. The attack had hurt, so much that Aurum almost fell to the ground while screaming in agony. Was this the kind of feelings that Pokémon had to suffer through in a battle?

The Ekans was quite surprised when most of his Poison Sting didn't hit the human; he became even more surprised when the human punched him square in the face. The grip around Knuckle instantly loosened up and in a matter of seconds, the Scraggy was free.

"Wait a second Knuckle." Aurum said and searched his pockets, something had to be in them, SOMETHING! Luckily, he found just what he had been looking for, an Antidote. He sprayed a bit of the medicine on his Scraggy, and suddenly the poison disappeared from his systems. It was just like it hadn't even been there in the first place! However, in the midst of Aurum's relief, he had forgotten something. The Ekans. Before he even realized what had happened, the Ekans flung itself at him with a wide-open jaw. He was tackled to the ground and the Poison-type quickly coiled around him, slowly but surely cutting off his only way of getting oxygen.

Suddenly, something flashed by. It had a blue body with a duck-like face that sporting a yellow beak and on its head was a lily-pad. The little creature shot a concentrated ray of water at the Ekans. The water connected and distracted the Pokémon for a while, long enough for the little blue thing to launch its second attack,

"LO!" It yelled and jumped towards the Ekans in an attempt to tackle it or something. But the Ekans was too fast, and the little blue Pokémon was welcomed by an array of Poison Stings followed up by a fast lashing of the snake's tail. The poor Pokémon was flung backwards several feet until it landed in the water.

"Ekansss!"(Yesss, home run!) the snake cheered, "Kansss, sssnaa?"(Now where were we?) it turned back to the suffocating Aurum.

"Kn… Knu… Knuckle…" Aurum tried to breathe, but to no avail. He could feel the life force being stripped from him and he expected a white light to appear soon.

But no white light appeared. Instead a small Scraggy launched itself at the Ekans, hitting it in the stomach. The snake started coughing frenetically until he spat up another of Aurum's belongings, this time it was his Trainer Card.

"EKAANNNSSSSS!!!"(YOU ARE SO DEAD YOU PEST!!!) the Ekans roared at Knuckle and lashed at him with its mouth open.

"Scraaa-GGY!"(You do not TOUCH THE BOSS!) Knuckle exclaimed and dug his feet into the ground. Next, something really strange happened; Knuckle's head started glowing with an odd, turquoise color. He jumped up and collided with the Ekans' jaw, full force. The snake was flung backwards with a roar and its grip on Aurum instantly loosened. The sixteen-year old quickly started to breathe in heaps of air until he felt moderately better.

"You dared to steal from and attack a member of the Wehementhi-family. Not only is that incredibly stupid, but also incredibly ballsy. I like that. You're coming with me Ekans, no matter if you like it or not!" Aurum said and looked at the down-beaten snake. He grabbed a Pokéball from his pocket, enlarged it, and threw it at the Ekans.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Mr. Mammoth - Wow, what a battle and what an ekans, that really was an awesome post!

Scraggy (Knuckles) grew to lv. 12 and learned Headbutt!
Aurum grew to lv. 2!
Aurum caught a lv. 7 female Ekans with the egg move Poison Fang!

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Pokemon Pangaea
Chapter 1 Part 3, Post 4: The Via Part II

And it was a few anxious moments before the Pokeball stopped shaking and the indicator clicked, meaning another Pokemon caught. Bekah blinked, and almost couldn't believe it. Trapinch, of all the Pokemon she had, helped her to catch a Growlithe. Bekah bent down to pick up Growlithe's Pokeball, smiling at her capture. But a snap of jaws made her lift her head to look at Trapinch, who was not facing her, but seemed to have its attention on her… however that worked.

Bekah put Growlithe's Pokeball away in her inside jacket pocket before taking out Trapinch's, holding it out towards the ground Pokemon. "Return, Trapinch," Bekah said and a beam of red light shoots out and transports the ant Pokemon back into the Pokeball. After Trapinch was safely inside, Bekah raised it to look at it, a grin on her face. "Thank you, Trapinch." And then put the Pokeball back inside her pocket, before fishing out the three Pokeballs of her other Pokemon.

She enlarged them, smiled, and tossed them up. Each ball opened with a flash of light transported to the ground, and her three main Pokemon appeared – Venonat, Poochyena, and the new addition on her team, Growlithe. Seeing the Growlithe, Venonat immediately chirped in surprise and rushed to hide behind Bekah's legs in fear of its Ember attack. But Poochyena and Growlithe exchanged glances.

Bekah laughed. "Why don't you guys say hello to Growlithe, the newest member to our team?" Bekah grinned, bending down to pet the fire puppy on the head, issuing a bark from its lips. Poochyena returned the bark, tail wagging and tongue lolling out of her mouth. Venonat was beginning to creep from around Bekah's legs, still a bit cautious about the fire type.

"You'll be a great aspect to the team, Growlithe," Bekah said with her brilliant grin, flashing it to the fire type. "Now, hold still – I want to check out your moves." Growlithe quickly obeyed, standing as still as it possibly could as Rayne took her Pokedex out of her bag, holding it in front of the fire puppy, letting it scan the Pokemon. Several moves flashed up on the screen including: Bite, Roar, Ember, Leer, and Morning Sun. Excellent – that was a healing move.

"Excellent, you know Morning Sun," Bekah said warmly as she looked at the Growlithe who was still standing as still as it could. "Growlithe, its okay, you can move now." She laughed, putting the Pokedex back into her jacket pocket, watching as her Growlithe began to wag its tail happily.

"Hey you," Bekah's grin faded as she heard the voice shouting. "Don't you move!" Bekah looked up just in time to see a farmer running up to her, an angered look on his face. But, but, why was he angry at her? What did he want?

He skidded to a stop in front of her, huffing. "Is this your Growlithe?" he spat.

Bekah blinked, completely bewildered by this farmer's attitude. "Uh… yes?" she finally was able to muster, her Pokemon walking to join her at her side, gathered at her feet. "Why, is there a problem?"

The farmer sighed and his expression seemed to calm. "I… guess there isn't anymore," he whispered. "A pack of wild Growlithe have been stealing my produce and I wanted to see if this Growlithe was with that pack."

"Oh, no, sorry," Bekah grinned lightly. "I've had Growlithe for a bit. I'm sure he wasn't in that pack." She lied – she really had no idea what her Growlithe had been up to before she caught it five minutes ago. It was just a tiny lie – what harm could it do?

The farmer looked disappointed. "Aw, well," he blinked and his eyes scanned Bekah's face. "You look hungry. Have you been traveling for awhile?"

Bekah tilted her head to the side, curious but a bit cautious to why this farmer was asking. "Yeah, I only recently started my journey." She admitted.

"Well, would you like something to eat?" the farmer grinned warmly. "My wife makes some of the best food around here, and we've been a bit lonely since our son had left to travel with his Totodile. Would you be at all interested to join us?"

Bekah blinked, a bit taken back by the offer. Her Venonat chirped and clapped its hands at her side, and her dog Pokemon were beginning to bark happily.

"However," the farmer raised a hand, and Bekah's heart seemed to skip a beat. What was the farmer going to ask for? "You'll have to beat me in a double Pokemon battle beforehand, alright?"

Bekah grinned. "Oh! Yes, that's fine by me!" Bekah said, looking down at her friends. "Are you guys ready?" They all nodded.

---

The farmer's house was only a five-minute walk through a field, and when they finally made it to his cabin, there was a corral and also a few large crop fields surrounding the area. Bekah had never seen anything so beautiful before in her life in Sinnoh.

"We'll battle in the corral; it's much easier in there because its big enough to hold a few good Pokemon," the farmer said. "My name is Malik, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss…?"

"Oh, my name is Rebekah. Rebekah Argent from Sinnoh," Bekah said.

"From Sinnoh, you say?" Malik raised a brow as he led Bekah and her Pokemon to the corral. "I've never been there. My family and I have always lived here on Pangaea. We know Professor Cypress and she comes by every so often to talk to us about new discoveries, or new technology."

"You must get a lot of visitors out here," Bekah said. "The scenery's beautiful."

"Thank you, Miss Argent," Malik gestured toward one end of the corral. "Why don't you stand over there? And pick two of your Pokemon to use in the double battle."

Bekah nodded and walked over to her spot, followed by her Venonat, Poochyena, and Growlithe. Once she got to her spot, she looked down at her Pokemon. "Venonat, I want you to sit out of this one. Growlithe and Poochyena, I'm counting on you guys. Go get 'em!"

Poochyena and Growlithe barked in understanding, running out to their side of the field as Venonat hung back, standing at Bekah's side.

"So, you chose a Growlithe and Poochyena," Mr. Malik said with a warm grin. He took out two Pokeballs from his dusty pants. "Well, I'll just use my trusty partners that help me on the ranch. Go!"

He threw the Pokeballs up into the air, and after the explosion of bright white light, one Pokemon was flying in the air and the other was standing on the ground. Bekah didn't recognize them.

"Miss Argent, you have one of them Pokedexes, don't you? You got it from Professor Cypress?" Malik said, and Bekah blinked. "Well, go ahead and look up my partners. I don't mind at all."

Bekah blinked, shocked, but took the opportunity anyway. She fished the Pokedex out and raised it up to scan the Pokemon in the air first.

Spoiler:

That Pokemon was a Tranquill. Man, she had never seen one before, but knowing it to be an evolved form of a Pidove, it had to be strong.

Bekah raised the Pokedex to scan the other Pokemon.

Spoiler:

This Pokemon was another evolved form. Which meant, this was going to be an extremely tough battle, especially for Bekah being such a new trainer. She put her Pokedex back into her jacket pocket, looking forward at her two young Pokemon.

"Don't worry guys, just do your best, understood?" Bekah watched as her Poochyena and Growlithe both nodded their heads, focused and determined.

"Alright, I'll start off then," Mr. Malik said with a grin. "Croconaw, go in for a Scratch attack on Poochyena. Tranquill, use Wing Attack on Growlithe." The two experienced Pokemon began their assault inwards.

"Poochyena, kick up sand to cover now!" Bekah commanded, and her black and gray puppy Pokemon was very quick to obey, kicking up enough sand to make a dust cloud, which covered the sight of both the Croconaw and Tranquill. "Great, now Growlithe, use Ember!" The fire puppy obeyed and the dust cloud was destroyed as several balls of flame shot out towards the two other Pokemon.

"Dodge!" The Croconaw dove away and Tranquill swerved to the side. The Ember attack hit nothing but earth.

"Damn," Bekah cursed with a grimace. This is going to be much harder than I thought. These Pokemon are fast.

"Tranquill, dive in for that Growlithe now!" The Tranquill chirped in response and dove down towards the fire puppy, who was only focused on Croconaw.

"Poochyena, jump and get on that bird! Get it away from Growlithe," Bekah shouted, and her gray and black puppy Pokemon launched off the ground just as Tranquill was closing in on Growlithe. He landed flat on one of the bird's wings, quickly causing to miss its target as well as cause an imbalance.

"Great job, now hold onto it with Ice Fang," Bekah commanded with a grin. Poochyena smiled a wolfish grin, opening its mouth and quickly biting down on the center of the bird's back with all its might, issuing a powerful cry from the Tranquill.

"Tranquill! Spin and try and get it off!" Malik instructed. "And Croconaw, while that Growlithe is not protected – soak it with Water Gun!"

Bekah gasped, eyes landing on Growlithe now, realizing she left the puppy wide open without an attack. "Growlithe, get away! Dodge the water." But it was too late – the Croconaw was too fast.

The Water Gun knocked Growlithe backwards, to Bekah's feet and it looked like the Pokemon was out of the battle. "Growlithe…" Bekah whispered, but her eyes grew wide as her fire puppy struggled to its feet, having almost every feeling to hold it out for its master – to prove itself, to prove it was able to do what its trainer wanted it to do. "Growlithe." Bekah beamed. "Alright!"

She looked up at the Tranquill and Poochyena again, and Poochyena was still latched onto Tranquill's back as spun in the air, trying to dislodge the wolf pup.

"Step on its wing, Poochyena, and get down here," Bekah commanded, and suddenly the bird swerved downwards with a shriek. It almost looked like it was controlled by Poochyena, and that was amusing. Once it was close to the ground, Poochyena jumped off, running to join Growlithe at its side.

Tranquill perched on the ground, breathing heavily. It seemed that Poochyena's attacks had done a lot of damage. Now they had to do the same on Croconaw… but there was a problem – Growlithe was severely injured.

"I think we can do it, guys," Malik said to his Pokemon. "Tranquill, you hang back and regain your strength. Croconaw, use a long ranged Water Gun." And the Croconaw shot its attack.

"Quick, Growlithe, use Morning Light! Poochyena, protect Growlithe," Bekah commanded. Poochyena jumped in front of the fire pup as Growlithe began to glow a bright yellow, regaining its energy from the sun overhead. And the Water Gun hit Poochyena dead on.

Poochyena was breathing heavily, and it seemed all of Growlithe's energy hadn't been restored. Bekah looked up, but the Pokemon she could only see by Malik was Croconaw. Where was the Tranquill?

A sudden cry from above made all three of them look up as Tranquill dove down at incredible speed, before contacting with both Pokemon at once – wings stretched out at the maximum. A cloud of dust flew up and it took a moment for it to clear, but Tranquill was standing victorious. Growlithe and Poochyena were out of the match.

Bekah ran up to scoop her two dog Pokemon into her arms. Malik walked up to her, his Pokemon joining him at his side.

"That was an exceptional battle for someone so new to Pokemon battling," he said nicely. "Come on inside, we'll get you and your Pokemon something to eat."

Bekah looked up at him. "But you said if I beat you."

Malik laughed warm-heartedly. "Don't worry about that. Just come in and eat. You look starved. And of course, my wife and I would love the company."

Bekah smiled and nodded, gesturing for Venonat to follow and with her Growlithe and Poochyena still in her arms.

Gandhi Savage

Years
Carlos Fierro
Chapter Two

Part three

605.png
23.png
341.png

After making my way back onto the Via path, I plucked Elgyem's Pokéball from my belt. I glanced down at the sphere which glistened in the sunlight. I threw the capsule into the air, once it opened a large blast of white light obscured my vision for a split second. When I could see once again, Elgyem was hovering just a few meters in front of me. The Cerebral Pokémon let out a squeal of delight upon seeing me and darted towards me. I smiled to myself as it took its usual spot on my shoulder. 'El-Elgyem,' it cried in delight as we began to make our way down the path. The day was rather warm, I could feel the sun beat down on me. I quickly glanced upwards to see how few clouds occupied the sky. There was no breeze at all, making the sun feel ever the warmer, however, I didn't detest this at all. I loved the heat, it felt great on my skin. Every so often I spotted a cluster of Pokémon, coming across families of Sunflora and Sunkern regularly. I was attracted to battling one for experience, and possibly a new member of the team but opted against it. Elgyem began to whistle a tune to itself, which I was recognizing it doing quite often, after another while of walking. His whistling took my mind off the walking we were doing and made me fantasize about becoming a Pokémon Master and helping Mom...

Just then I heard a familiar voice exclaim in disbelief, 'What the hell? How did they beat Electabuzz?' I dashed towards the location of the male's outburst, and found myself in a field belonging to a farmer. Moments later, I found Freddy along with three farmers taking on a Fearow and several Spearow. They didn't seem to be doing such a good job either, with the farmers Pokémon all appearing to be injured, and a fainted Electabuzz lying in front of Freddy. 'I probably shouldn't have taken on all those trainers,' he sighed before recalling the electric type Pokémon. I immediately made my way to the sides of Freddy and the farmers, to Freddy's delight, 'Yo Edward, so you finally showed up, huh?' he taunted. I just grinned at him before withdrawing my Pokédex to discover the species of the Pokémon owned by the farmers. Each of them had similar features, and were clearly related in some way. They were all elemental monkeys; one grass, one fire and one water. Simisage, Simisear and Simipout their names respectively. The bird Pokémon were all growling, and I was bewildered to what had preceded to make them so angry, however I decided that it would be best to help out, before I could act on this however, Freddy already acted, releasing a large, blue circular whale like Pokémon. I immediately scanned it using my Pokédex and found out that it was a Wailmer.

I followed up by taking one of my capusles off of my belt and releasing a small, orange crab. This Pokémon was known as a Corphish, and was a water type Pokémon. 'Wailmer use Scald,' Freddy called, and the command was repeated by the farmer in possession of the Simipour. Both the Wailmer and Simipour released large blasts of extremely hot water at a Spearow, knocking them out in one shot. I looked in admiration at the power of the water types and decided that now it was our turn. 'Freddy cover us, Dragon Dance Corphish,' I called out. Freddy turned to me and gave me a quick nod while Corphish began to dance that familiar jig, increasing its speed and attack power. Just then the Fearow came sweeping down on the Simisage and knocking it unconscious, I gasped at the attack power of the flying type. Seconds later three Spearow dashed towards Corphish, and this was spotted by Freddy. 'Water Pulse on those Spearow,' he called out and the water type unleashed waves of water at the birds, knocking out two of them but the third continued to fly at the crab. 'Corphish use Vicegrip,' I called in desperation as it was still using Dragon Dance. The crab ceased just in time and launch its claw towards the Spearow and caught it by the throat, it then began squeezing the bird draining its health. 'Throw it and then blast it,' I said calmer now. Corphish launched the Spearow into the air, and then released high pressured water from its mouth hitting the bird and crashing it into Fearow, who had just defeated both Simisear and Simipor with the one Sky Attack.

The Fearow then turned to Corphish, a look of rage in its eyes. It stood upright before dashing at the crab at unbearable pace. 'Corphish!' I exclaimed, but due to its increased speed, it charged at the Fearow. Their speed was evenly matched and the Corphish crashed its pincer down onto the head of the Fearow forcing the latter to cry out in pain. The bird then flew into the ait to avoid being hurt, a move which was foreseen by Freddy. 'Let's go with Bounce,' he said extremely calmly. The Wailmer lauched itself into the air and landed atop the Fearow and sent the pair crashing into the floor. Both Pokémon struggled to make their way back up. 'Rollout partner,' Freddy commanded his Wailmer. The water type obliged and began rolling around to gather momentum, and the Fearow again tried to flee, but I knew just what to do. 'Vicegrip Fearow's leg to keep it from flying off,' I called out. Corphish immediately took my advice and grabbed the birds leg. Moments later the whale crashed into the Fearow with a super effective blow knocking it unconscious. The trio of farmers let out cheers of joy, while both Freddy and I had the same idea, we both grabbed a Pokéball and threw them at the fallen bird, and unfortunately Freddy's ball beat mine to the Fearow which was sucked into the ball and was eventually captured. I sighed and collected the wasted Pokéball from the floor and put it back onto my belt.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Zaira Montes – The Via, Part 4

Sunflora, the Sun Pokemon. This smiling Pokémon loves the sun, but it also needs plenty of water to ensure healthy development.

"A...Sunflora?" Zaira was surprised. Literally. She didn't expect a Sunflora to appear in these parts. It's a tall, grassy farm land. There's no plant life where Zaira is at. She took a step closer, as every step she takes, she crushes the dry grass on her feet. At the same time she didn't want to hurt the Sunflora, but she was afraid it'd hurt her. "Come out, Sunflora...I won't hurt you, I promise.."

"Floooooo!" The Sunflora was in a wild mood, ready to attack. What made her be this way? It had a grudge on its face, staring at Zaira, Bee and Windy. Bee and Windy were ready to battle, awaiting Zaira's signal as a trainer.

"Beeeeee?" Bee pestered Zaira.

"Uh... I don't know?" Zaira was clueless. "Let's just go... we may have disturbed its peace."

"Bee!!!" Bee shouted, and flew forward to face the Sunflora. The Sunflora still had the grudged face, now towards Bee. Zaira blinked as she watched her starter Pokemon goes for another battle. Windy flies and lands on Zaira's left shoulder.

"Bee! Use Comet Punch!" Zaira commanded. "This might be great. That Sunflora can't even move!"

Bee was determined to use that move. She reached both arms in front, and flies fast towards the Sunflora. But the Sunflora didn't move, it just stood there. Bee was expecting Sunflora to move, but it just stayed. Bee continued to fly towards the sunflower Pokemon, but everything came out unexpected, as Sunflora slaps Bee out of its way with its leaf arm, sending Bee to the ground. That Pound looked stronger. Bee got up and tried out Comet Punch once again, punching and jabbing Sunflora in the face. But Sunflora decided to release a red beam out from its arms, the same move it used before the encounter. The arms touched Bee's abdomen, and starts to suck the energy from her.

"No! Bee! Hang on! Hang in there!" Zaira shouted.

"Wingoooo!" Windy also shouted from Zaira's shoulder.

Bee screamed as her energy is being sucked from her body, leaving her weaker. As Sunflora stopped absorbing the good energy, Bee continued to float next to her, with a red colored face on. Then Sunflora pounded her back to Zaira. Falling down to the dry grass, she couldn't battle anymore, and faints right on spot.

"Bee!" Zaira started to get scared. Bee didn't look well, she looked very weak, with no energy left. Zaira had no choice, but to let Bee rest. "You...did a wonderful job. Return." She got her Pokeball from her bag and returned her...the first time Bee has been in a Pokeball since she was given from Professor Cypress. Meanwhile, The Sunflora starts to release multiple roots from its body, ingraining itself to the ground. The roots got closer to Zaira, causing her to back up. The roots extended from up to the Via path and to the fruit stand where they came from before.
"Flooooraaaa!"

"Oh, god." Zaira murmured. Then she glanced at Windy. If Zaira wanted to continue this battle, she'd have to choose Windy. Her only Pokemon left. But Windy could be another benefit. She's part flying-type...but she does not know any moves that would beat down the Sunflora. Things were getting tougher for Zaira. But alas, she has no choice.

"Windy." She told the Wingull. "Go for it."

"Wingoooooo!" She starts to fly towards the Sunflora, who was still ingrained to the ground.

"It won't move anywhere! Start off with a Water Gun!" Zaira commanded.

As Windy flies towards the Sunflora, she starts to spray water on it. The Sunflora did hesitate a bit, and starts to struggle due to the ingrain. Windy flies back towards Zaira, ready for another fire of Water Gun. The Sunflora releases a much greener beam at Windy, this was much stronger than the previous attack...the red beam was Absorb. This was Mega Drain. Windy couldn't avoid the attack, as she was sucked in by the beam and the Sunflora starts absorbing energy from her. It was twice as much energy absorbed. As the green beam faded, Windy was still standing. She didn't feel weak, she didn't fall on the ground. The move didn't affect her greatly, due to being part flying-type.

Zaira was covering her eyes, hoping nothing bad happened to Windy, but she didn't faint like Bee did. Windy flies fast, towards Zaira and back towards the ingrained Sunflora. Suddenly, as she was aiming towards Sunflora, she flies pointing up high in the sky, and starts to spin around, in a tornado-like shape. The winds were getting stronger as this spin was being formed. Dry grass debris starts to join the twister being formed. Zaira couldn't believe what she was seeing. She was curious as to what move Windy was doing, so she quickly took out her Pokedex, and scanned for information.

The Pokedex read: Twister, a Dragon-Type move. The user whips up a vicious tornado to tear at the opposing team. It may also make targets flinch.

Zaira gasped with excitement. She didn't know Windy came with this incredible move! "Go, Windy! Use Twister!" She shouted.

With the help of the winds, Windy was able to maintain the twister, and moves it towards the ingrained Sunflora. As it was still on the ground, it was unable to move...or at least, uproot itself on time. It was clearly a direct hit. Sunflora whined of the powerful, vicious attack. It was able to be uprooted by the twister, spinning it around and around. As Windy exited the twister, Sunflora fell to the ground, and the twister fades away. Windy flies back to Zaira, as the winds start to calm down again.

"Ohmygodohmygodohmygod...POKEBALL! WHERE ARE YOU?" Zaira was rushed to get a Pokeball from her bag, in an attempt to capture the Sunflora before it attacks once again, since its now grounded. A few seconds later, she was able to get a Pokeball out of her bag, and quickly throws it at Sunflora.

The ball opens, and takes the Sunflora inside. As it closes, it lands on the ground and starts to shake. Zaira tried catching her breath as she sees that the ball shakes, hoping it'd stay there.....​

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Royal - Another fantastic battle, I also really like that she lost, I sometimes feel like roleplayers are too reluctant to let their characters properly lose a match.

Growlite grew to lv. 11 and learned Odor Sleuth!
Poochyena grew to lv. 12!

@Turkish Delight - A good battle, also quite nice to see Freddie again.

Corphish grew to lv. 11!

@Meganium90 - Wonderful battle, and quite a creative way to show the twister too

Bee (Ledyba) grew to lv. 12!
Windy (Wingull) grew to lv. 10!
Zaira caught a lv. 9 male Sunflora with the egg move Nature Power!

Gandhi Savage

Years
Carlos Fierro
Chapter Two

Part four

605.png
23.png
341.png

'Booyah,' Freddy roared in delight when he realized that his capture was successful. I gazed in awe at my fellow trainer as he scooped his newly obtained Fearow from the ground. A broad smile was visibly worn on his face, he was clearly overjoyed at his recent capture. He beamed at the capsule that contained the large bird. Freddy then made his way to my side, and clapped his hand into my shoulder, 'Nice to see you again bud,' he said warmly. 'You too Freddy,' I responded. The farmers then approached us, all with relieved expressions. 'Thank you, if it weren't for you then our produce would have been decimated by those birds,' the owner of Simisage said. The owner of Simisear followed up,'Those birds have been causing us problems for some time.' The Simipour's owner just smiled and nodded at what his compatriots had to say. The three looked very similar. All of them were tall and muscular with short, golden-brown coloured hair. They all wore overalls over a shirt, each of them with varying colours. The Simisage trainers was green, the Simisear trainers was red and the Simipour trainers was blue. They all wore matching hats as well. 'You're welcome guys, it's the least I could do,' Freddy exclaimed, happily I might add. 'No problem,' I added. After bidding the farmers farewell, Freddy and I departed the field to get back on our adventure.

Again, I arrived back on the Via path, with a sense of Déjà vu, however, this time I had Freddy with me, and god was he being himself. He was making loads of light conversation, which I enjoyed if I were being honest. After a few minutes of traveling I remembered back on the beach, when Freddy fled after gazing into the water. I then questioned him about it. 'I- I- saw a Frillish,' he stuttered. 'Frillish? So what, that doesn't explain anything..' I sighed in response. 'I'm afraid of them okay? Ever since I was stung by one back in Fuschia city..' he replied, seeming reluctant to talk about it. I sensed the tone and let the subject drop. We then just walked in silence for a short distance, the awkward atmosphere was unfamiliar around Freddy. The dark skinned male seemed unwilling to break the silence despite the fact that he was clearly uncomfortable with it as much as I was. Yet again, Elgyem began to whistle, which broke the silence. Both Freddy and I turned to the Cerebral Pokémon, before exchanging glances before laughing. The silence was now broken and the awkwadness disappeared just like that. Freddy informed me of his stay at the three farmers house for dinner, and I told him of my newly captured Pokémon.

Upon hearing of my other capture, Ekans, Freddy became very excited. He grinned at me before beginning to speak, 'I challenge you to a battle.' I sighed, how many battles was I going to get into on the Via path? This was what being a Pokémon Trainer was all about it, so I was going to have to get used to it at some point. I merely nodded in response to the challenge. Freddy grinned, even wider than before. 'Let's make this a one on one Pokémon battle,' he called. He grabbed a Pokéball and released and released a Pokémon that seemingly related to a large firefly, its body was mainly a grey-blue and its torso was marked with two, thick yellow stripes. Its antennae were also yellow and it seemed to have long, red hair. Its most striking feature, however, was its tail. It was yellow and was glowing. It caught my eye and I found it hard to look away. I withdrew my Pokédex from my jeans pocket and got a reading on the Pokémon; it was Volbeat, the Firefly Pokémon. It was a bug type, making me come to the conclusion that Ekans would be my best bet. I released the snake from its capsule and it immediately began to hiss at the Firefly. She immediately began to leer at its foe, lowering its defence. 'Volbeat use Tail Glow,' Freddy commanded, and as a result, the firefly's tail began to glow even brighter than before for several seconds. This temporarily blinded Ekans and increased Volbeat's Special Attack. 'Quickly Ekans, Poison Sting,' I quickly called. The snake nodded before opening its mouth and releasing multiple darts made of poison made from its mouth, each purple coloured dart crashed into the bug type doing critical damage. Freddy seemed willing for Volbeat to take the hit as he released his next tactic, 'Secret Power,' his calm voice emitted. The bug type pointed its arms at Ekans and charged up a ball of white energy, before releasing a continuous blast of it toward my Ekans. Ekans slithered out of the way just in time as the blast destroyed a large boulder that lay behing where Ekans lay moments ago. 'Let's go with Wrap,' I called out, and the snake obeyed lunging towards its foe, wrapping its body around the Volbeat, constricting it. 'Follow up with Bite Ekans,' I demanded, and the snake immediately bit down on the Volbeat's head while holding the Wrap. 'Signal Beam!' Freddy cried in panic, and the Firefly Pokémon obliged, a pink, light blue, and yellow ball formed between Volbeat's antennae and it released a beam of the same color from the ball at the opponent. The beam collided with Ekans and set it flying backwards. Despite Volbeat's increased Special Attack, the move wasn't very effective. 'End it with another Poison Sting buddy,' was my final command. The Ekans leaped towards the Volbeat and jabbed its tail into the bug types torso, the latter let out a cry of pain before collapsing unable to battle.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Pokemon Pangaea
Chapter 1 Part 3, Post 5: The Via Part II

(OOC: Could this be my last post for this part?)

Mr. Malik didn't return his Tranquill or Croconaw to their Pokeballs but instead allowed them to walk at his sides. Behind him, Bekah was following, with Venonat at her heels and her two dog Pokemon nestled in her arms after a tough battle. The farmer stopped at the door to his cabin, but gestured towards a small wooden table with a few chairs laid around it that was situated in the shade of a large umbrella just outside of the house and ranching fields.

"Let me get my wife. She'll be very happy to know we have company," Mr. Malik explained, before looking down at his Pokemon. "Croconaw, Tranquill, can you do me a favor and please fetch a few blankets from the shed and lay them out for the other Pokemon?" His two Pokemon nodded and began to head off towards the shed that was located on the side of the house.

Mr. Malik looked back up at Bekah quickly with a smile. "Why don't you make yourself comfortable at the table? Croconaw and Tranquill should be back soon with the blankets for your Pokemon to lay on." With that Mr. Malik turned around and disappeared inside the cabin. And with that, Bekah walked over to the table, setting her Poochyena and Growlithe down on the grass at her feet.

"Are you two okay?" Bekah asked, running hands along the top of their heads. Poochyena and Growlithe both gave barks, wagging their tails. "That was a tough battle, and you both did extremely well. I'm very glad." Both Pokemon responded with a bark, and simultaneously licked Bekah's outstretched hand – a sign of their growing friendship.

Venonat chirped at their side, beginning to jump up and down in joy, antennae flicking and hands clapping. Bekah laughed. "Looks like Venonat enjoyed that battle too." Her three Pokemon began to run together in a circle, playing tag as they waited for Mr. Malik, his wife, and the Pokemon.

Croconaw and Tranquill were the first to appear, carrying around a dozen blankets in their arms. Bekah quickly helped take several of them and began to lay them out on the grass, all around each other. And once that was done, the door to the cabin swung open and a grinning Mr. Malik appeared, holding a large bowl of steaming food.

Behind him, his white-haired wife followed with another tray, and behind her two Pokemon followed, and those Pokemon were bringing out large trays or bowls too. Bekah took the moment to withdraw her Pokedex and point it at the Pokemon.

Spoiler:

That was the first Pokemon, and using its two tails, it was carrying a large soup bowl out towards the table. Bekah took the moment to ponder that it looked like a Scarecrow. She wondered whether or not it helped scare off Pokemon that wanted to take crops from the ranch.

She raised the Pokedex towards the second Pokemon.

Spoiler:

The Tangrowth was using its arms to help carry out a large basket filled to the brim with delicious looking fruit, a joyful look to its eyes.

"Well, well, you must be the Miss Argent my husband told me about," Mrs. Malik said as she placed her tray on the table, looking at Bekah as she put away her Pokedex. "You must be quite the young trainer if you almost defeated my husband in a Pokemon battle."

"Oh please," Bekah seemed to blush a deep crimson, and she rolled her shoulders bashfully. "It's really my Pokemon who deserve all the credit. They were the ones battling, not me."

"You are too modest, sweetheart," Mrs. Malik said as she gestured for her Pokemon to put down the food. The Ambipom set down its soup dish before bouncing out towards the cabin door. "Where will a Pokemon be if it isn't for the encouragement and strength of its own trainer?" Bekah watched as the Ambipom reappeared, holding a good number of soup bowls and plates on its tails.

Bekah blinked. "I… I guess you're right." She smiled.

"Please, sweetheart, take a seat, let us get you something to eat," Mrs. Malik said, gesturing to the seat. And Bekah, took the seat. It wasn't long before she was served a delicious soup created from some of the ranch's own grown crops, as well as fresh tomato with mozzarella. Her Pokemon too were all given part of the soup, as well as the family's homemade Pokemon food. The soup was very delicious – some of the best Bekah have ever tasted – and she was quickly served more by the Malik family's helpful Ambipom.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it, Miss Argent," the Maliks said with a grin. "We'll be more than happy to pack some of it up for you to take on your traveling. We're sure a trainer like you must get hungry often while training your team."

"Oh, that would be amazing, thank you," Bekah said with a wide grin after taking another sip of the home-made soup. Her area was dressed with an already eaten salad, half of a bowl left of soup, and one more slice of tomato just waiting to be eaten. Her Pokemon too seemed to be enjoying the meal, even Trapinch who was sitting in the corner all by himself, eating silently. Still as rude and like a recluse as ever.

"You remind us so much of our son," Mrs. Malik said, wiping a small tear from her cheek. "He left on his journey just a year ago, but it feels like forever. You are one of the nicest young ladies we have had the pleasure to be in the company of."

"Thank you," Bekah said, still blushing a deep red. "And I must thank you for your hospitality. It-" A flap of wings cut Bekah off as something smashed into the back of her head, the soft spot of her skull since the accident. Bekah immediately saw a white flash in her eyes and her head was pounding – she couldn't focus on the noises around her, until…

"Tranquill, get that Spearow out of here now!" it was Mr. Malik's voice, and another swoosh of wings, and whatever had smashed into Bekah's head was gone. But it didn't stop her from clenching the sides of her skull, grimacing, and clearly in pain.

"Miss Argent! Are you alright?" Mrs. Malik's concerned voice was loud and concerned, but Bekah could hardly focus on it.

"It's that Spearow flock! They're going after the Oran berries!" Then it was Mr. Malik's voice, and Bekah was blinking, trying to adjust her vision to not see white, trying to turn around to see what was going on.

Bekah's Pokemon were all gathered around her in concern, even Trapinch, though a few feet away, it was still looking at her.

"I'm fine, guys, I'm f-fine," Bekah tried to reassure her Pokemon, putting a hand on the table to get up. Her vision was doubled, but it didn't stop her from trying to be strong. She looked up, seeing the flock of Spearow, led by its leader – a large, fierce-looking Fearow.

She whipped out her Pokedex.

Spoiler:

Mr. Malik and Mrs. Malik were both using their Pokemon to fight off the attacking flock that was going after the Oran Berries. Ambipom had stuck behind and was using his two tails to block away Spearows from taking the food already set on the table. And man, was it a fierce Pokemon – its cheerful expression had quickly twisted in a ready and angry look.

"Alright guys, let's go help the Maliks," Bekah commanded, her head still pounding. But she wanted to stay strong for her Pokemon. After all where will a Pokemon be if it isn't for the encouragement and strength of its own trainer?

Mr. Malik was handling around nine Spearow with his Croconaw and Tranquill, Mrs. Malik was handling five, Ambipom was taking on three, which left the Fearow and four more Spearow, gunning for the berries.

Bekah rushed up towards the field. "Venonat, Growlithe, stop those Pokemon from getting the berries! Use Secret Power and Ember!" Bekah commanded through her splitting headache.

Her Pokemon jumped forward – Venonat quickly shot ball after ball of tight white energy towards the diving bird Pokemon, and Growlithe released its fire attack – both attacks hit head on, and the bird Pokemon quickly changed their target; the Fearow and Spearows were now gunning for Bekah and her Pokemon.

"Again!" Bekah commanded. "Poochyena, run around and when the Spearows get close, use your Ice Fang on them." Her Pokemon all faced the fierce birds determinedly. Venonat and Growlithe were taking on two Spearows and the Fearow, as Poochyena ran off and jumped up to make contact with another Spearow, biting down on the bird with the powerful Ice Fang. The birds were all released high screeches, some of pure rage and others of pain.

And Bekah was commanding them through the headache that was making her see double. And she ignored the fact that she felt something wet and hot seeping into her silver hair and staining it a pink-red.

Her Pokemon battled on, and battled hard – Trapinch was standing off to the side – and Bekah was oblivious to the fact she had mainly used her three Pokemon already fighting in battles. Bekah always thought Trapinch didn't want to be her Pokemon… and now it was standing to the side, watching.

Two of the Spearows Bekah was battling had already turned to fly away, and now she was faced the Fearow and two remaining Spearows. Poochyena was releasing its Ice Fang on the Spearows, clinging to their bodies as they tried to dislodge the puppy Pokemon. Venonat and Growlithe were launched their Ember and Secret Power attacks in hope to stall the powerful looking Fearow, but it took the attacks as if it was nothing, quickly using its wings to kick up a Gust to knock Growlithe away with a yelp.

Venonat launched several more Secret Power attacks as well as Confusion in hopes to stop the Pokemon – it looked like it did something but not much. But the Fearow kicked up another Gust attack that quickly made Venonat fall to the side.

Poochyena had scared off the Spearow, but it was exhausted. Fearow took advantage of that, and knocked it aside with a swipe of one of its powerful wings. With Bekah's three Pokemon out of the game, the Fearow turned its sights to her, diving in at her a cry.

Bekah shielded her eyes, but a sudden screech made her look up. The Fearow was flying upwards, shaking its head back and forth in pain, flapping its wings in agitation. And what was holding onto the Fearow's head was Trapinch. It had latched onto the Fearow with its powerful jaws, giving a direct Bite attack to the Pokemon.

Mr. Malik then joined Trapinch to help take down the Fearow by calling out Tranquill, having Trapinch jump out onto its back, and having Croconaw deliver the final blow with a powerful Hydro Pump attack. It sent the Fearow flying in retreat.

Bekah smiled, looking at Trapinch and her other Pokemon as they walked up to her. Her vision was blurring, the sun seemed too bright, and it felt like there were dozens of tiny men drilling away inside her skull.

Bekah heard Mrs. Malik gasp, "Miss Argent, your head!" Bekah only had time to reach her hand up to the back of her skull, feel the wet moisture and see the blood on her hands before falling backwards.

But strong arms caught her, and she saw a flash of black hair before she fell into unconsciousness.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Zaira Montes – The Via, Part 5

One...two...three..

And that ends a very tough capture.

Zaira fell to the ground, on her knees and sighed. Windy deforms the twister and prevents it from moving further into the Via. She then flies back to Zaira's location and lands on the ground. As Windy, her only Pokemon left in good health, she needs to find a way to nurse Bee back to health, as well as give Sunflora energy again. The second part of the Via had nothing but farmland and houses apart, so if Zaira wanted to heal her Pokemon, she'd have to go to the next town ahead. But as a foreigner herself, she have to ask for directions. And the only people she can ask are the couple from the Produce stand.

But suddenly, Zaira shrieked softly as she heard tall grass rustle once again. And it was heading towards Zaira coincidentally. Oh God, not another Sunflora! She thought, and Windy was more than prepared to redo her twister once again. "Get back! I'll have my Wingull do her Twister again!"

"Oh really?" A deep voice replied as the rustles got close. "I only came to see where it came from." It wasn't another Sunflora after all, not even a Pokemon. It was a human being, A trainer maybe? Windy stood at Zaira's shoulder as the voice drew closer. Then, coming out of the tall grass was a tall young man with a straw hat, wearing nothing but jean overalls. He had a sunburned face.

Zaira stood there numb, as he sees the young man for the first time. Her shyness grew once more.

"Hello. You must be the trainer's Wingull that formed the tornado. Wanted to see if y'all are okay." He said with a smile.

She smiled on the inside, not exactly sure whether to really smile or just run away. But in the end, she couldn't help it, not even to blush a little because of his overloaded cuteness. He had blue eyes, blue as the waters of the ocean at the first part of the Via. She couldn't help but stare.

Two minutes without a word, it was time to snap out of it.

"Miss? You ok?" The man asked.

Windy pecked Zaira on the ear, and startled. "What? Oh! Sorry!" Zaira said, then blushed a little. I can't believe he's so...cute.

"Like I said, I saw a tornado and wanted to see if you're ok. Are you?" The guy asked again.

Zaira took a moment to think of her response...instead of having to blurt out quickly. "Um, yes. I'm fine. It was my Wingull that formed it, while I was attempting to defeat a Sunflora, as well as capture it. I didn't mean to cause any trouble."

"Makes sense. My parents over at their stand got a bit worried about you. They told me about a pink-haired trainer with a Ledyba and a Wingull who went buy fruit to eat, and disappeared." He said. Zaira assumed the man must be the son of the couple at the fruit stand, where she bought the fruit and the pastries. "I never seen someone with pink hair before. You must be that foreigner my parents were talking about."

Zaira did remember the couple from the stand. "I'm alright, thanks for asking." she said as she rubbed the dirt off her knees. "Do you happen to know a Pokemon Center around these parts?"

"To be quite honest I have no idea." The young man said. "But if you want, I can have my mom cook up a natural cure so your Pokemon can heal quick. It's homemade."

"Sure, I'd love to." She smiled at the young man, and he smiled back at her. She glanced at Windy, and nodded at one another. She starts to walk, crushing the dry grass on her foot, and followed the young man. Crossing the field and right back out to the Via. The white farm house was right in front, as well as the bench, and a few feet away there was the fruit stand owned by the couple before. They were both outside, standing, waiting for the young man and Zaira to come out.

The woman waved at both. "Jesse, is she okay dear?"

"She's fine, mother." The young man, named Jesse replied..and smiled as well. "She was battling a Sunflora."

"Oh! A Sunflora! They are very, very rare around these parts." The man, coming out of the Produce stand, said as he carried a box of peaches. He leaves it on the side of the entrance. "I was worried we'd get a tornado here. We never see any tornadoes here."

"It wasn't a tornado, father." Jesse chuckled, "It was a Pokemon doing a move."

Zaira took out her two Pokeballs, one had Sunflora and the other Bee. Jesse did remember what he told her about the healing. Jesse's mom walks up to Zaira and Jesse happily, and starts to introduce herself. "I knew it'd be you battling at one point." She takes out her arm in front. "I'm Tessa. My husband over there is James. We're farmers here. And that would be my son, Jesse."

"I'm Zaira, and this is my Wingull, Windy." Zaira grinned as she shook hands with Tessa.

"Mother, she has Pokemon that needs to be healed. Can you do that for her?" Jesse asked his mother.

"Why certainly." Tessa smiled. "I'd be glad to heal them for you. May I have them please, Zaira?"

Zaira got the two Pokeballs from her bag, and hands them to Tessa. "It's a Ledyba and a Sunflora. The Sunflora is still a bit wild, since it was recently captured, so I guess you should be careful with it."

"Sunflora's going to like my treatment, so will your Ledyba. Don't worry." Tessa then turned to Jesse. "Meanwhile, why don't you take Zaira around the farmland? She needs to ease up from that battle."

"Oh, that's alright...I'll just wait for my Pokemon here." Zaira tries to insist. She didn't want to feel like a burden.

"Oh nonsense." James said, coming up to the group. "Jesse loves foreigners like you. Go on, Jesse. Show the girl around the farmland. She'll love our Pokemon!" He smiled as he wipes the sweat off his forehead.

Jesse then grabbed Zaira's hand. "Come on, Zaira. You're gonna have fun around the farmland!" He starts to run, almost dragging Zaira...but she was able to follow him while her hand is being held. Windy followed them by flying. Her Ponytails bounced as she ran with Jesse, crushing the dry grass on the edges of the Via. Zaira has indeed made a friend, a cute friend, that is. It was a next step to another adventure.​

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Turkish Delight - A good and enjoyable battle post.

Ekans grew to lv. 11!

@Royal - Oh what a nice cliffhaner ending you've orchestrated right there. And yes, that's alright, I'm just waiting a little while longer before posting the next part.

Venonat grew to lv. 17 and wants to learn Leech Life!
Growlithe grew to lv. 14 an learned Helping Hand!
Poochyena grew to lv. 14 and learned Bite!
Trapinch grew to lv. 12 and learned Faint Attack and Sand Tomb!

Please let me know in the OOC if you want a move deleted for Leech Life.

@Meganium90 - Oooh, what a cute interaction post, I can't wait to read more!

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
((OOC: Sorry about the shortness of this post, it's a transition for something that will happen a little later!))

Aurum Wehementhi
The Via, Part 2
--------------------------------------------

Aurum looked at the Pokéball which was lying in front of him. It had rocked back and forth three times until it had stopped with a little 'ping'-sound. He walked up to the spherical object and held it in his hands, it felt… warm somehow. A smile burst out on his face as he turned to Knuckle who seemed as excited as his master, albeit a tad more exhausted. Aurum congratulated Knuckle on a job well done and bent down to spray the Scraggy with a Potion. But in the midst of healing his Pokémon, Aurum fell to the ground with a heavy pain emitting from his leg. The Ekans' poison still had taken its effect on the boy and to be honest, it hurt quite a lot.

"Scraaa!"(Boss!) Knuckle gasped as his master fell to the ground, seemingly in pain.

"Knuckle…" Aurum said as his voice began to grow a bit distant. The boy could feel his body becoming number and number until nothing but his head seemed to function for the moment. He tried to reach out to Knuckle in hope for the Scraggy to help him, but his arms wouldn't move.
"Kn-Knuckle…" he said again.

"Scra!"(Boss!) Knuckle said in a terrified tone and started to search Aurum's pockets for the Antidote that he had been healed with.

"Wh-Where am I? Am I… DEAD?! Just great! My second day as a Pokémon Trainer and I just have to lose my Trainer Card, my Pokédex and not to mention, MY OWN LIFE. What will I do now? What will Knuckle do now? What will Mother, Father, Jorgen and the others do now? Sigh… I guess that I just have to enter the white light ahead and find out… I better not get turned into a Pokémon or something stupid like that! Well, here we go… GAH!"

Aurum quickly sat up; his face was completely drenched in cold sweat. Panicked, he looked around to get a clear view of exactly where he was. The sight that met him wasn't one that he expected. Instead of a celestial plane where Arceus dwelled as he had thought, Aurum was located inside of a room. Upon closer inspection, he noticed that it was early in the morning as well as his clothes were completely gone. Where was he? Had an enemy of his located him in the region and tracked him down? Was he in some sort of torture-chamber, a few minutes away from learning what true pain really is? He tried to move but his leg wouldn't let him, Aurum pulled away the object that was obstructing the view of his lower body. It felt soft and comfortable, this gave him the feeling that he must be in a bed… Anyway, as the sixteen-year old looked down at his leg, he could see that it was wrapped in bandages. This only got stranger and stranger…

Suddenly, the sound of slow and careful footsteps reached Aurum's ears. Someone, or something, was moving closer to his room. Fearing the worst, Aurum again panicked and started to frenetically search around for something to defend himself with. As he fumbled around in the dark, an object suddenly touched his fingers. Aurum smiled as soon as he grabbed it, it was a Pokéball. Seemed like his predator had given him the luxury of having his own Pokémon by his side, an unwise choice that whoever was approaching him would soon be aware of. He laid down under the bed-sheet and pretended to sleep so that he would be able to ambush his pursuer. Aurum's smile grew broader as he heard the footsteps come closer and closer. The door creaked open and the footsteps became louder and louder. Aurum's heart was racing and he almost had to discretely put both of his hands over his chest. Suddenly, the previously dark room flared up in a cascade of light, if there was any chance for him to surprise his attacker, it was now.

"WAAAARRRGGHH!!!" he yelled and clutched to Pokéball tight in his hand. The sight that met him wasn't really one that he had expected. In front of him stood and old man that looked like even the slightest gust of air could blow him over. Even though a stranger had just jumped out of his bed, screaming like a maniac, the old man didn't even seem phazed by it. This threw Aurum a bit off guard to say the least, and when the old man spoke, he quickly lost his plan.

"Up already I see? With a wound like that, I thought that you'd be out cold for at least two days!" the old man chuckled. He slowly walked up to Aurum and sat down on the foot of the teen's bed.
"Y'know, I was unsure of what to do when those two burly men came carrying you and asked me to heal you. Psheh, I'm no good ay healing stuff, my grandson is more suited for work like that. But I guess that it was nice of him to borrow me his house temporarily for my vacation. Although it hasn't been much of a vacation since-"

Aurum just looked at the old man suspiciously. Even though this one was way past his expiration-date, you could tell that he wasn't one to play with. He had encountered an assassin before, but nothing like this. Whoever sent this guy must've had a twisted sense of humor. But who do you really expect to be "normal" if they would pay somebody else to kill for them?

"Oh look at the time! It's time for you to shower my boy! Don't worry, I've washed your clothes and they will probably dry soon in this blasted heat, so go on then!" the old man hastily stood up and grabbed Aurum by the shoulders. Well there, he lifted up the teen and started pushing him towards a door marked with the word 'bathroom' in crooked letters.

"Isn't it nice?" the man asked, "The handwriting I mean, my grandson is just improving and improving when it comes to writing! But enough blabber, get in the shower boy! You kinda smell if I should be honest."

"What is this nonsense?!" Aurum thought, "Is this some sort of sick joke, planned by a person who wants me dead?!" but before he could question the old man, he was forced into the bathroom. He sighed for a moment and then decided to accept his fate. Aurum took of the only piece of clothing that the man had left alone, namely his underwear, and went into the shower. He turned the handle and started to feel hot, relaxing water hit his dirty skin.

"Aaaaahhh…" he said and let himself become swallowed up by the steaming hot water.

After a while of showering, Aurum stepped out from the bathroom with only his underwear to protect his… erhm, innocence.

"You're done?" the old man walked in again with a smile on his face and something that looked like fabric folded under his arm. "Here, take it." He said and put it in Aurum's hands. "If you didn't notice, it's your clothes." The man said and walked off, "Come see me when you're dressed properly."

Aurum said nothing and just nodded, he was astonished about how nice this man seemed to be to him, there had to be something going on here… And the best way to find it out was just to meet that old man and see what he was up to. Even though Aurum wouldn't consider himself THAT strong, he was sure that he could take on an old and fragile man in whatever situation.

After getting dressed, Aurum walked into the room where he had seen the man go after their little talk. He entered the room carefully, thinking that there may be some sort of trap here and there.
"Good to see that you're here!" the old man's voice suddenly echoed out in the room, "Come here so that I can give you something I'm sure that you've been missing!" he said with a smile. Aurum quickly searched his pockets; it was just like he thought, his Pokéballs, Trainer Card and Pokedéx were gone! This old fart was a smart one… He approached the elderly man carefully.

"What's the matter with you? I don't bite!" the old man laughed. "Or maybe…" his expression now went from mischievous to dead-serious. "You don't trust humans? Maybe you don't trust us, or DISLIKE us even, because of something from your past?" he said and looked straight at Aurum, his eyes almost piercing the skin of the teen.

"Wha- How did you-?!" Aurum said astonished.

"Heh, my grandson used to be a lot like you. In fact, you quite remind me of him when he was your age. However you seem more civilized and less… wild than he was." The old man said, "But you know what? I think that I've taken up too much of your time, here have these." He reached out for Aurum's hand and quickly grabbed it. The boy flinched a bit over how strong the elderly man was. But instead of finishing him, like Aurum thought, the old man gave him back his belongings instead.

"I think that you should go now, you have a journey to fulfill, have you not?" the old man chuckled and pushed Aurum all the way until they were both outside of the house. "Good luck!" he said, "And if you meet my grandson out in the wilderness somewhere, he shouldn't be too hard to not recognize since he has turquoise hair, tell him that Requiem says hi."

And so, Aurum walked away from the house in the morning and into a new route that he hadn't experienced before. He was just as curious as he was confused over the whole spectacle he had just gone through.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Mr. Mammoth - Don't worry, I like transition posts and this was quite the interesting read. I'll look forward to what the next part brings.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Xander Knight
Chapter 1 - Part 2
*The Via*

" Reeled in! "

Xander and his newly acquired pokemon, Vulpix, were wandering the bustling streets of Amphipolis, trying to make their way towards the outskirts of the town. Everywhere you would look there were merchants fighting their hardest to lure some customers into their nets and sell some fresh caught fish. However Xander wasn't really pleased with the setting as fish was his least favourite food. As they were going further and further on the street something caught both Xander and Vulpix's attention. To be more precise it was a faint smell of freshly baked goods. The boy went to higher grounds, climbing up some stair to a nearby house and scanned the area, searching for the source of the smell. When he finally spotted something he came down where Vulpix was waiting cleaning her tail.

"It's just a few block away, let's go!" Xander said as he started running towards the designated place.
Vulpix followed quickly sprinting along her trainer. In not time they were faced with a little bakery which had a lot of buns, cakes, croutons, cookies and lot and lots more to play with your taste buds and make you step in. Xander walked in and went up to the front counter where a middle aged woman had just put some fresh baked cookies into a jar. Both Xander and Vulpix looked at each other like they wanted to say that they both wanted cookies. So Xander pulled out some money from his bag and kindly asked for a dozen of the freshly baked chocolate cookies. The woman put some cookies into a bag and handed it over to the boy taking in exchange his money. After that Xander and Vulpix exited the bakery, both having a cookie stuffed in their mouth, and continued their way to leave the town.
It wasn't long until they had reached " The Via " if Xander read right on the earlier signpost. The paved road form the city looked like was going further into the route, splitting the strips of dunes into half. It was quiet and the only pokemon Xander could hear where some Wingulls again…but were too high to even consider a battle or a catch. Xander and Vulpix started walking on the paved road, slowly putting some distance between them and the city. As they were walking Xander looked around and saw that the place was barren of people so he took his Pokedex from his bag quickly opened it. He scrolled between pages until he finally got to the one he was looking for, Vulpix:

037.gif

"Vulpix, the Fox Pokémon. Before evolving, Vulpix's six part tail can become as hot as a fiery blaze."

"That won't happen until later. Right?" Xander said looking at Vulpix.

"Pix!" Vulpix raised her shoulders letting the boy know that even she didn't know that.

" I see." He smiled. " It says here that you're female….but I somehow knew that." Xander stated putting his hand under his chin. " Oh and here's what I was looking for, your attacks: Ember, Tail Whip, Roar and….Heat Wave…" Xander said surprised. " That's once fierce attack, you're one gifted Vulpix!"

"Vulpix!" she replied all confident, like the idea was already obvious.

"Oh I just realized… I didn't give you a nickname yet!" Xander said after he just realized that fact. " Let's see….it has to be something fitting…" Xander pondered, from what he had seen Vulpix was very confident and proud of itself while maintain a refined aura around herself. " What do you say about Ruby?" Xander said after some thorough thinking.

"Pix!" the fire pokemon replied with a smile. She really liked his suggestion.

"Good to hear that! Now that that's out of the way let's venture off from the road and see what pokemon we might run into!" Xander suggested and started walking through the dunes.

But after a bit of walking Xander realized that it was kind of inconvenient for him to walk on the sand with his sneakers so he quickly took them off an walked shoeless, his feet touching the warm sand. The two wandered across the dunes hoping to spot some kind of pokemon along the way but the only thing they managed to see was that they were getting further from the paved road and were still the only person , and respectively pokemon, as long as the eye could see. It was a real bummer for Xander as her really wanted to start assembling a team or at least train Ruby a bit, but from the looks of it his start was a slow and pretty quiet one. Xander started to look and round, a bit clueless to where to head next, but just as he was thinking of starting to head back on the paved road a sudden salty breeze run through the place, brushing Xander's hair and Ruby's fur along the way. Xqnder quickly turned around and started walking against the wind and soon the dunes a lowly turned into a golden yellow beach that faced the sea. It was truly a breathtaking sight as the waves hugged the shore every now and then. Xander went along the beach, Ruby sticking to his left side, the one that was further from the sea.

"Don't worry, the waves can't reach you!" Xander said but soon his eyes drifted away towards the front. He spotted the figure of someone facing the see some feet away. The boy didn't really like having to talk to people but since they were the only ones around he was forced too. As the went closer, Xander could see that the person he saw was an old man, in his sixties, if Xander guessed correctly who was sitting on a wooden chair and was holding a fishing rod in his hand. " Pardon me, aren't there any pokemon around here?" Xander asked when he was within hearing distance.

" Why not try fishing?" the man said as he turned and eye at the boy.

"Um thanks for your offer but I really want to train my pokemon."

"Fishing is training for the mind!"

"Um…yeah, but not for the pokemon." Xander said starting to question if the man was senile or not.

"You have to train too." The man said and got up from the chair, then walked up to Xander. He urged the boy to sit and after Xander finally obliged, he handed him his fishing rod. "Now toss it as far as you can."

"If this makes it end sooner." Xander said with a dull face pulling back the rod, then shooting the line with the hook as far as he could. " Now you take over." Xander quickly said and held the rod towards the man.

"No my boy, now it's only you and the sea." The man said putting his hand on Xander's arm and smiling at Ruby, who just went and sat next to her trainer with her head down on her paws, waiting for something to happen.

Xander stared bored at the old man who was simply looking into the far distance of the ocean. He wasn't really out of the ordinary, just a simple old man, wearing a plain beige shirt and a pair of white shorts, however Xander found his attitude and way of speaking really strange, but didn't dare to say anything as his former intention of talking led him to a free fishing session.

" You may want to look in front, than to an old geezer like me. " the man simply said pointing at the water in front of them.

But before Xander could even think of an reply he felt the rod in his hands slipping away. He quickly caught it with both his hands and held a tight grip on it. The line started to move rapidly along the surface of the water as is something was stuck on the hook. Xander firmly placed his feet into the sand and with all his might he pulled as hard as he could and managed to tug the line out of the water. Vulpix quickly rose up, with her ears all pointy. As the line was falling back, the whole crowd saw a purple thingy stuck on the hook. Xander caught it in his hands and look at it closer. It was some sort of clam that managed to get one of its horns stuck. The boy took the hook of and look at it from every side, curious.

"Pix…Vulpix!" Ruby cried from down on the sand. The fox had taken an interest in the purple clam and demanded to have a better look just like her trainer did. Xander kneeled down next to Ruby, being careful not to drop the clam or something like that. Both of them looked curiously at the clam but after a few seconds, pout of the blue, the clam opened and out came a tongue which drenched Ruby and Xander all over their face.

"Ki…ki…ki…" the clam snickered then propelled itself a few feet away into the sand.

"Ugh…it so…..wet!" Xander said a shiver going down his spine. But Ruby was having it much worse, she got so freaked out that she was paralyzed from the grossness.
"Here have a tissue!" the old man, like a knight in shiny armour, pulled to white napkins and gave them to Xander which used one for himself and one to clean Vulpix as much as he could. After finally getting Ruby all dried up the pokemon raised its fur along with her tails and roared at the clam that was still snickering in front of them.

"Der….Shellder!" the pokemon cried and bounced around the sand. Xander searched in his bag and got the Pokedex out, despite having the old man by his side.

090.gif

" Shellder the bivalve pokemon: It swims backward by opening and closing its two shells. Its large tongue is always kept hanging out. "

" So you're a pokemon after all! " he said after closing the Pokedex and putting it in his bag again. " Say Ruby let's get some payback, shall we! "

"Pix…Vulpix!" the pokemon agreed and positioned itself ready for an attack.

"Now this looks promising." The old man said quietly as he placed himself on the chair, ready for the show that was about to unravel in front of him.

" Ok Ruby let's start with an Ember attack.! " Xander said even though he knew that fire attack weren't very effective on water types like Shellder, but fire attack were the only offensive Ruby knew at the moment. Ruby opened her mouth and immediately released sparks of fire shooting straight towards the clam pokemon . As soon as Shellder sensed it was in danger it sprung up into the air, propelling itself with its lower shell, then dived down at full force and Tackled Ruby then bounced back to its initial position, sticking its tongue out.

"Vulpix! " the fox pokemon cried trying to blow off some steam.

" Let's try a different approach! UseTail Whip on the sand!" Xander yelled. Vulpix turned around to the side and started sweeping the sand up with its tail, sending it straight towards Shellder. The water pokemon quickly bounced up again trying to avoid the attack, however Xander had expected that. " Ok now Ember!!" he quickly yelled. Ruby shot another stream of fire sparks at Shellder, this time hitting it hard as it had nowhere to go that to fall down. Shellder crashed into the sand with burn marks on its shell, but the shell it had was very hard and the attack didn't do very much.

" Shell…Shellder!" the clam pokemon snickered again and stuck its tongue out wide. Then it opened its mouth and took a deep breath and then exhaled generating a strong Supersonic straight for Vulpix.

"Counter it with another round of Ember!" Xander said as soon as he saw the wave coming. He hoped that the two attacks would collide and negate each other, but to his surprise the two attacks just went through and both pokemon got hit at the same time, Shellder getting hit once again with some crimson flames. On the other side of the battlefield Ruby started to wobble and to Xander's misfortune, the fox pokemon got seriously confused. " Darn it!" Xander said as he saw Ruby wander aimlessly along the beach heading towards Shellder. Ruby dropped like a bullet, with her head in the sand just moment away from landing what looked like a Tackle on her opponent.

" Shellder!" the water pokemon shouted as it leaped over the fox pokemon and in one swing clammed itself onto Vulpix's tail. Ruby immediately jumped up in pain, crying her hearth out and jumping all around.

"Ruby!!!" Xander yelled after a few second sof seeing his pokemon run all over the place. He managed to see that the shock knocked Ruby out of her confused state. Vulpix stopped in her path, even if Shellder was still holding a tight grip on her tails, and turned her head towards Shellder starred at the clam with anger like she had something planned for him. Without waiting for a command from her trainer, the fox pokemon started whipping her tail left and right into the sand as hard as she could, smashing Shellder into it along the way. Xander stood there motionless, surprised by his pokemon's bold initiative, but he had to do his job as a trainer and help his pokemon at once. " Spin as hard as you can then throw it off!" he yelled. Ruby did as it was told and ran around chasing her tail as fast as it could and when she felt like she couldn't run any faster, smacked her tail into the air and managed to get Shellder off of her tail, sending the clam flying into the water.

" Yeah nicely done! " Xander said going over to Ruby.

"It's not over yet my boy!' the old man spoke from his chair.

Xander quickly turned towards the water and saw another Supersonic wave coming right at them from the shallow part of the water, near to the shore. Xander and Ruby managed to jump out of range in time to evade the attack. " So you're playing hide and seek! Ruby let's finish this Heat Wave on the water!" he yelled and pointed at the part of water where the Supersonic came just moments ago. An orange ball started to form in Ruby's opened mouth and after a few seconds she relased a powerful wind of flames towards the water. The water started to steam and to evaporate a bit. " That's it, keep it coming!" he urged the pokemon. The continuous flames were starting to heat the water up to the point where the portion of water in front of them started to boil. Suddenly Shellder burst out of the water, crying in pain and landed on shore motionless. It was a total knock out for the water pokemon. Xander didn't hesitate a moment and reached for an empty pokeball from his belt and sent it straight towards Shellder. The ball knocked into Shellder's head and opened sucking the clam pokemon in. Then it landed on the ground, the front button flashing brightly from time to time as it shaked on the warm sand.

"Vulpix!" Ruby roared furiously. She couldn't believe that her trainer was really going to catch such a pokemon.

"Hey you have to give credit that it strong!" Xander quickly replied to Ruby who had her jaw opened in shock.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Romdinner - What a great battle, I like the tactic with the heat wave.

Vulpix (Ruby) grew to lv. 11!
Xander caught a lv. 7 female Shellder with the egg move Rapid Spin!

Back