• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What if they were real" signup thread.

How are you enjoying this Roleplay?

• It's awesome!!!!

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • It's okay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It sucks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shea Man

Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy
Years
I hadn't thought of that - even though, normally, I don't make archenemies for my own OC's. But I may make an exception - Especially if he's HA.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Hmm..... I like this Vega, I really do. Also, he gets the Regi trio? Sweet. Someone like that would be awesome for Legion.

However, if Aspie wants him in HA, I'm cool with that.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
I vote for a mix up. I say he should be in legion, and have the personality Shea was going to give him for the HA. And that should be interesting when he meets John, Shea, Earl, and Israel. :)

Nideous

Years
Who needs legendaries to get their point across? And there is nothing saying these people can't switch sides from time to time. And John, Earl, and Israel are going to have a lot of fun Roflpwning them all. :D

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
True, Mewtwo and Deoxys are probably going to get some character development later on. Mordecai is going to get a new legendary as his right hand Pokemon. See if you can guess it. It's kind of obvious really.

Nideous

Years
My goodness Israel is full of himself. And if you think about it, you just said his was John in somewhat nicer terms. And putting John down at the same time. How funny, saying you're better than someone and saying you are them in the same breath. Just thought I'd point that out. :P

Edit: And I say Genosect, or however it's spelled.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Oh no, he didn't say that he was John, he said that John was like the bullies he faced when he grew up. Israel then made it a point to be stronger than them so basically he's saying that he's stronger than John.

And Genosect is correct.

Nideous

Years
You misunderstood. You showed his personality in terms that are a lot like John. They are rather similar, just John is a bit darker. I'll do a comparison using what you posted and examples from John in a minute. You'll see what I mean then. :)

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Yeah, but Israel doesn't realize their similarities. That's how most archenemies are, similar but on opposite sides. In this case both are on their own sides. Differences in personality though are how they insult people. Israel cracks wise while John just insults them. Also Israel is on the side of good despite his almost villain like behavior ironically because of the morals taught to him by his father. That, and he believes in a good and loving God.

Nideous

Years
Here we go. Stuf about Israel that you posted will be in italics.

Israel had a cutting tongue, made fun of abuse victims, and was prone to rage. John is the same, but he has no issues swearing up a storm. He also makes fun of everyone, no matter who they are.

However he had a warm heart underneath it all, that's part of the reason that Yasumi fell for him. This one not so much, but it is there. Why else would he agree, however annoyed he might be, to train Shea and Earl? He wouldn't have if he didn't have a warm heart... Somewhere under the twisted mess that he is.

Israel's attitude was partially a defense mechanism that he had set up earlier in his life. No differences here. John simply can't turn it off.

The only way to fight bullies was to stand up to them with words and fists, even if he lost. This, and his father.

That was basically what John was, a bully who takes his rage from home out on people that he thinks are weak. That was why he was so obsessed with strength, because to be without it was the equivalent to castration to him. He takes his rage out on everyone. Except for his few friends. And if he's ever without strength he'll work and gain more. Because he hates the weakness in himself.

The only way to fight his kind was to be stronger than him, and Israel was good at that. This is why Israel pursued strength. Again, no comment here. The only way to beat the strong was to become stronger himself.

But strength wasn't enough, the strong rule the weak, and the smart rule the strong. Israel became stronger by becoming smarter and being a good chess player. That was the secret to Israel's strength. Wow, this one is nuts! John views intelligence as strength. Sure, beating the foe through power alone is good, but what about foes that are just as tough as you? You have to be smarter than them. That's how John beat Israel last time. Because he played Israel's emotions like a fiddle. I'm betting that next time, that won't happen.

No matter what Israel's opponent throws at him he overcomes it with a strategy. Insert John where it says Israel. Seriously. The two of them build from their loss and turn it around on the other. That's why they'll go back and forth so much. That's why they will always win one then lose one.

Do you get my point now? The two of them are a lot alike, but neither one wants to admit it.

Edit: Most of John's insults are wise cracking. He's just not as subtle about it. :P

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Yep, they are alike in ways that only enemies can be, like the Nazi's and the Communists, like Spiderman and Venom, and like Batman and the Joker (they are both freaken nuts). Huh, I'm trying to think of other examples that aren't totalitarian mass murderers and comic book characters but you get the point.

Shea Man

Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy
Years
Hmm..... I like this Vega, I really do. Also, he gets the Regi trio? Sweet. Someone like that would be awesome for Legion.

However, if Aspie wants him in HA, I'm cool with that.
You'd love him, you really would.
Yeah, I just like that he'd be a sadist, but if he can be a sadist in Legion that's good too. Hey, lets let Nideous decide.

I vote for a mix up. I say he should be in legion, and have the personality Shea was going to give him for the HA. And that should be interesting when he meets John, Shea, Earl, and Israel. :)
Nido's idea seems interesting, but I was intending for him to have a kind spirit if he wasn't capturing pokemon to kill them.
That works, but there is one thing that I don't like about this. I'm worried that Legion will be too over powered with the Regi's, Darkrai, and the weather trio.

Not necessarily; The Regi Trio, and even Regigigas, and even Darkrai, with the help of Foresight, all have one common weakness: Fighting-type

I think that this match-up works well on that matter. I shall post for Vega's Profile as soon as I get a suitable picture, and I decide how sadistic he'll be; unless you see my point in only wanting him as a sadist in HA.

Back