Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 10th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNerdtendo64 View Post
Thanks Tajaros.
Where can I download Wichu's Sprite Editor? I've been googling for one hour and haven't found anything at all.
Thanks again.
here is my personal link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wrzvla
Hacks I support:

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old December 19th, 2012, 09:58 PM
mavidlol2
Unhatched Egg

After I copied the correct sprite across to the messed up sprite it turned back to 256 colors. Am I doing anything wrong?
Typhlosion = Awesome
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:03 PM
MusicBox89
Unhatched Egg

Hello! First of all, your guide is fantastic, and for the most part worked perfectly for me. The only issue I'm having is that my sprite isn't showing up correctly once actually embedded into the game. I followed your guide exactly, although I did notice one thing that I seemingly "did not have to do". The section using IrfanView, the background color is already the first color in the pallet so I don't have to do any color swapping. I'm not sure if that is why I am having this bug...Anyways. I'm attaching a screen shot that includes the test sprite I am trying to use, and what is actually showing up in the game. Hopefully you can help!
Attached Images
File Type: png help with sprite replacement.png‎ (17.5 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:31 PM
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D

i was told by a friend that i can put Bw version sprites into leafgreen? how would i do this?
C: creating a Hack "Pokemon Nightmare Version" There will be a Pokemon Dream as a sequel! A thread will be put up :D

To be changed to Terror!
Ive been let aware of a Pokemon Nightmare Hack being released already, i waited to long, and i checked it out and it looks really cool
I wanted to keep a connection to Nightmare, so i thought of Night Terrors, and kept Terror!

Currently in Design Stage, will be begin to code in around a month!
Pokemon Dream will be the sequel and made Somewhat after.
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Uzumaki Naruto Jr.
Champion

Nature: Timid
Excellent guide. Worked perfect for me. =D Just one question, how do I change the back sprites of Pokemon in FireRed. O.o
- Uzumaki Naruto Jr. -
"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my shinobi way!"

Last edited by Uzumaki Naruto Jr.; May 18th, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:02 PM
zgearey24
Unhatched Egg

why does unlz.gba keep messing up the sprites?
Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:21 AM
TrainerRed009
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
good job
it was helpfull, now time to learn how to make flag script.
Crovyle will Crush you.
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Team Infiniti

Can anybody explain what I am doing wrong? I have indexed my image with IfranView. When I test out the sprite (to see if it is indexed) in unLZ it will work, but as soon as I go to paint to fix up the sprite (ctrl+a ctrl+c ctrl+v the original sprite on the new sprite) and then try it in unLZ it says the image is not indexed. Any help?
Old August 21st, 2013, 05:07 AM
freddy f1shf1nger

I'm sure that this would have been said before but if you are uncertain about unLZ there are other ways of doing this. There is a program called Pokemon Sprite editor and if you download that along with YAPE, Pokemon Icon Editor and Pokemon Sprite Position Editor you can do the same thing is a fairly easy way and the Pokemon will look as they are supposed to whether they are 1st or 5th gen or inbetween. Also with YAPE you can adjust their movesets and data so that they are as they should be.
Old March 17th, 2014, 02:18 PM
RemixinROMulus
Crit happens...

Nature: Lonely
First of all, good job! I love your tutorial! I have a suggestion, though.

There's a program I use for this called mtpaint, which is available for Windows and Linux. I find it more useful than Irfanview for formatting the sprites, and it allows you to skip all of that "mess up the colors a bit, open Paint, and copy-paste" stuff. There's a feature which can sort the palette colors for you so that the background color will be the first one. All you have to do is open your sprite, convert it to 16-color indexed if not so already, click on the background color on the palette to the left, and go to "Palette" > "Sort Colours". Tick the "Distance to A" box and click OK. This should make color A (the background color) the first color in the palette.

Also, I find that the Gen III Rom Hacking Suitedoes a better job of importing the Pokemon sprites than unLZ-GBA and is more user-friendly. I'm experiencing a bug in unLZ (may be a WINE issue, though), where it thinks the image is not indexed even though it is and refuses to import it. Gen III Suite does import the image, however. And it gives you a nice preview of what it will look like in the game.
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Wild WEBSITE appeared!
Go! WINDOWS!
Wild WEBSITE used VIRUS!
It's super effective!
WINDOWS fainted!
Go for it! LINUX!
Wild WEBSITE used VIRUS!
It doesn't affect LINUX...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here