• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
How many Pokemon will Amethyst have? Will it have all 493 plus fakes, or some condensed number?

Nope, I'm not going to make every single Pokémon catchable. There will probably be either 200 or 250 in the regional Pokédex. However, there will be methods of obtaining the unobtainable Pokémon, which I'm not going to go into now.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Nope, I'm not going to make every single Pokémon catchable. There will probably be either 200 or 250 in the regional Pokédex. However, there will be methods of obtaining the unobtainable Pokémon, which I'm not going to go into now.

That sounds like an insane amount of work. I would just keep the number of Pokémon low to keep things simple.

Also, if you're interested, I have a renumbered national dex that accounts for evolutions found in later generations. Here's a spreadsheet with an early version of my work: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pjuW0njaN1SmoXddNg5EfRA

Ignore the type and ability columns. Those were just me brainstorming.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
That sounds like an insane amount of work. I would just keep the number of Pokémon low to keep things simple.
Not 200 new Pokémon; 200 Pokémon in total, including old ones. And thanks for the dex, but I'm keeping the numbers the same. I will probably have a second mode for the National dex with a similar concept, though (think G/S/C).
Nice new building tiles.
And a Q:
How are you going to blend the different-colored grasses in Route 2 and the town before it?
I'm assuming you mean Route 58.
Screenshot236.png

That enough explanation? :P

Vallander

Close your eyes...
Years
cant wait!

wow that game is looking amazing! hi im sitrow kind of new here but again that amethyst version is looking amazing from the screenshots! definitely gotta let me know when you're done with it!

thanx in advance if ya do!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Thanks for the feedback.
Most of you seem to like my tiles. Here's a small challenge; in the first post, Kyledove is credited for some tiles. First person to spot Kyle's tiles (it rhymes?) wins.

Anyway, I'd just like to announce a (rather awesome) breakthrough. Do you remember the Pokédex script I showed a few months ago, and how I was complaining that it was really slow? I've rewritten it, and managed to achieve perfect framerate just by making it a standalone class instead of a subclass of Sprite_Window. Now I just need to rearrange the elements to fit the D/P screen size.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Ummm...Would his tiles happen to be the mossy looking rocks/mountains with what seem to be flowers on them? As well as the flowers seen in some of the screens? They would there by be the base of your tiles?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Ummm...Would his tiles happen to be the mossy looking rocks/mountains with what seem to be flowers on them? As well as the flowers seen in some of the screens? They would there by be the base of your tiles?

The flowers are based on the D/P flowers and the FR/LG ones. Kyledove based his on the D/P ones too; however, the flower tiles in the screens are mine. Keep guessing!

EDIT: By the way, you can search any screenshots, not just the ones in the first post.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The bushes are Kyledove's bushes. Like the small, spherical ones.

Nope, they're edits of FR/LG's. Keep guessing!

Oh, and I've got the regional dex to work, and written a script which makes it easier to create a regional dex :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Nope, they're heavy edits of G/S/C's. You're getting closer...

Atomic Reactor

lol. I can't really see anything else that we havn't guessed.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
I'm just gonna guess the trees. They look thicker at the bottom. Sort of like Kyledoves. FR/LG's had a thin trunk so that's my guess =\

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
the water itself?
lol. I can't really see anything else that we havn't guessed.
Nobody guessed the ground, trees, or buildings...
But yes, it is the water. It's the only tile which is copied from any of Kyledove's tilesets, even though it's just a single shade of blue. I'm using a few more of his tiles, but I haven't taken screenshots containing them yet.
I'm actually surprised nobody said the trees; I suppose most people here are familiar with which trees he's done, though.

EDIT: Or not; Flood posted while I was replying :P

Atomic Reactor

lol. well, i thought we were talking just about that screenshot above.
That grass kinda looks like kyledoves, is it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Nope, it's just the water. You can stop looking now; there's no other Kyledove tiles in the screens :P

Years
You guys are talking about kyledove to much -,-
All the tiles I see are almost the same pallete as kyledove's, not a big deal.
So logical that some tiles might look like his, doesn't mean those are his haha.

Also I like your tiles, it's a great style for any pokemon game, also everything is mixed.
Like trees, not only one boring colour, there more kind of colours in that screenshot above.
Thats really attractive for a pokemon game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back