• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B - I - N - G - O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Poke-Community B-I-N-G-O

115.gif
074.gif
120.gif

~ General Rules ~​

Each bingo space is completed once you complete the challenge of that square. You must complete five challenges to create a bingo, you may choose to do all challenges in a row or column, or you may create a diagonal from corner to corner. Once you complete a bingo you will be awarded 1pt. You may choose to do more on the same sheet, this will require fewer and fewer challenges to garner additional bingos each worth 1pt. and each cleared board gets an extra 5pts. However, if you get stuck, and don't want to do a more difficult challenge, etc, then you may start a new bingo card, but only after completing at least one bingo on the initial sheet.

You may start on any space you'd like. And continue to have free selection over which spaces to complete.

Specific rules for each challenge are listed below.

Please post your bingo sheet in a spoiler along with any updates or new challenges. This is a requirement so that I am able to track your progress and ensure that you get credit for all of your work.

You must use the following games:
Column 1 (Kanto): R/B/G/Y or FR/LG
Column 2 (Johto): G/S/C or HG/SS
Column 3 (Hoenn): R/S/E
Column 4 (Sinnoh): D/P/Pt.
Column 5 (Unova): B/W/ or B2/W2

Challenges are over after defeating the elite four. Exceptions: After defeating Red in Generation II versions, and after you defeat Alder/Iris in B/W and B2/W2.

No hacking, unless there are no available pokemon before the third gym. This pokemon must match levels of other pokemon of proximate route. I have generally tried to create challenges that avoid the issue. If it is possible to do so, then you should not trade or hack in a pokemon.

No trading, unless there are no available pokemon before the third gym, I have generally tried to create challenges that avoid the issue. If it is possible to do so, then you should not trade or hack in a pokemon. This pokemon must be similar in level to other pokemon within proximity. You may also trade if it is required for evolving a pokemon.

To the rules above, the restrictive nature of challenges makes the game more fun! Please moderate usage :)

HM Slaves should be used sparingly, they cannot compete in battles either.

Emulators are allowed, however, no action replay codes are permissible.​

~ How to get started ~​
Spoiler:

~ Challenges ~

Spoiler:

~ Participants ~

Spoiler:

~ Leader Board ~​

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Right now I am starting my first Bingo Space.
Spoiler:

I am going with the Highest Speed Stat Challenge in Kanto.

I selected Charmander as my starter, given Charizard's highest stat is speed in the first generation games. Then captured Pikachu inth Viridian Forest.

Team:
Level 14
004.png

Level 8
025.png

I may need to do a tad more training before I go into the Pewter Gym.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Sure, I'll try this. I don't want any mono-types though and if you give me a mono-color, please limit it to red, blue, or purple.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I currently have three challenges going, but may I request a Bingo Sheet so I can take one a challenge from the sheet after I am done with one of my current ones?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd like to request a BINGO sheet, please! I already have a challenge going (Typelocke in Hoenn) so I'd love for that to be on there if possible, but if not I'm happy to try more. :D

Years
Great, more participants, I will have your cards ready in about 15 minutes.

EDIT: Okay, I just updated the participant section with bingo cards.

BinaryPeaches - that is completely fine :)

Ozzy - I have a compromise for you. You may do a Typelocke challenge and a Signature Move or Below Average Challenges simultaneously. Hope that helps you.

Good Luck Folks!

Last edited:
Years
I think I'm going to love this challenge, may I have a Bingo Sheet please? >_< ... I'd prefer no Monotype I've already completed from Gen III-V(Fire-Bug-Normal-Ground) Gen I and II anyway are fine xD

My brother also wants a Sheet he is lazy and doesn't want to log in xD he's ryuzakix...I believe he will post tomorrow :)
Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
More customers!

I will update the rules to allow for people who have completed certain monotype/monocolor challenges that are posted within either section of the challenges threads on PokeCommunity , to have those omitted.

No other exceptions will be made as far as preferences at this time.

Therefore, I can definitely accommodate your request Kirax.

I will get the next three bingo cards up in a few minutes.

UPDATE: New bingo cards are ready and available in the participant section.

Kirax, I didn't even have to change your generator settings and there were no conflicts :)

Last edited:
Years
Thanks a lot :) now I just need some Pokemon for my Scramble to begin with xD...
Kanto:
-?
-?
-?
-?
-?
-?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
Awesome, one question though, is Rainbow Road the same thing as Rainbow Wing? Because in the challenges list, it says Rainbow Wing.
Also, I need someone to generate me a 3-man team for the Scramble challenge :D

I have a lot of time tonight so I'm gonna see if I can get my first challenge done. Blue Monotype in Fire Red, probably gonna solo it with
Blastoise because most of the Blue pokemon in Kanto are water types (my least favorite type) give or take Gloom and Tangela, which,
are well.... Gloom and Tangela. Sooooo yea, I'm gonna get started on that.

Last edited:
Years
@Kirax
Oops, didn't see your post :(

Vileplume (Ivana), Arcanine (Charlie), Seadra(Snipes), Butterfree(Chryss), Primeape(Simian), Arbok(Eden)

@Gkos

Haha, yes. Thanks for the notification.

At first I went with Rainbow Road, and thought, eh, too Mario Kart.
So I changed it to reference Ho-Oh's "rainbow wing". But...I forgot to change my generator settings, lol. I will just stick with Rainbow Road to avoid confusion :)

Also, for clarification, the Scramble Challenge allows you to pick which 4+ pokemon out of 6 pokemon you would like to use. But, three of those must be obtainable prior to the 5th gym to allow convenience to the challenger.

Your Sinnoh Team:
Cherrium, Infernape, Gastrodon, Vespiquen, Luxray, Garchomp

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
Also, for clarification, the Scramble Challenge allows you to pick which 4+ pokemon out of 6 pokemon you would like to use. But, three of those must be obtainable prior to the 3rd gym to allow convenience to the challenger.

Okay thanks, didn't quite understand that one

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
This sounds like an unique and great challenge, and it seems like a lot of thought went into it!
I'd love to get a bingo card please (: you can give me everything but electric-monotype!!

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Thanks Fenneking. Do we need to defeat Red in HG/SS too? Also can we hack in version exclusives if we are playing a game that doesn't have them (i.e. opposite fossil pokemon, etc.)?

Also for anyone doing monocolors, feel free to claim credit in the Monocolor thread on here if you like. You can make a separate post or link to the one on here.

Years
Thanks Fenneking. Do we need to defeat Red in HG/SS too? Also can we hack in version exclusives if we are playing a game that doesn't have them (i.e. opposite fossil pokemon, etc.)?

Also for anyone doing monocolors, feel free to claim credit in the Monocolor thread on here if you like. You can make a separate post or link to the one on here.

^Yep. That sounds like an appropriate use of a hacked in mon.
Thanks for the notification as well.

Also, new bingo sheets are up for the last three sign-up's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back